MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 06:30:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Words of wisdom from sna78:
"Pain is temporary, height is forever!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stevie - External Tibias - Dr. Xia - 2012: This is my time to get TALLER.  (Read 60502 times)
devon
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #160 on: January 19, 2015, 08:34:20 AM »

Stevie!!

Great to hear from you!  Wishing you the best!  Looking forward to hearing more updates. Smiley
goodlucktomylegs
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #161 on: January 19, 2015, 09:23:42 AM »

Hi all,

Im here at Beijing waiting to get my rods remove. My surgery is scheduled by 8:30 am Jan 20th which is tomorrow morning. Wish me well people!

I will post an update after the surgery.
Hope you with best results
Sweden
Current recovery level: 82% and improving.
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

LL Fighter, prophet, expert, adviser, hero, LEGEND

« Reply #162 on: January 19, 2015, 03:49:37 PM »

Hi all,

Im here at Beijing waiting to get my rods remove. My surgery is scheduled by 8:30 am Jan 20th which is tomorrow morning. Wish me well people!

I will post an update after the surgery.

Good for you!! Best of luck.

Tell us how mobile you are after you're done and if it relieved any aches you had. Simply, if it was for the better of not.

I'm not planning on removing mine. I don't see the point of it.

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
stevie
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 188

« Reply #163 on: January 25, 2015, 04:18:46 PM »

hi all, thanks for all your wishes. the surgery went well, and I can walk again now.

- I got my surgery on Tuesday morning: came in at 8:30 am, came out at 10:30 am. I started walking again on Saturday night. I was on IV for 3 days straight, then they reduced the IV slowly. I just got my last IV today which is Sunday.
- no pain, I didnt have to take any painkiller.
- My right leg for some reasons is stronger than my left leg. my left leg feels a little discomfort at the knee cap (no pains, just a little discomfort, maybe it will feel better after the stitches are removed.) My right leg is 100% normal.
===============

to Sweden: I didnt have any aches at all before rod removal. I wanted to get the rods out just so I can be myself again. I dont like the feelings of having rods in my legs. I cant tell you if its for the better or not yet. DR said: "no running, no jogging, no jumping, no sports for 3 months, after that I can do anything I want to with my legs"
chipsnsalsa
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #164 on: July 20, 2015, 04:32:25 PM »

Quote from: stevie link=topic=5193. msg102842#msg102842 date=1422202726
hi all, thanks for all your wishes.  the surgery went well, and I can walk again now.

- I got my surgery on Tuesday morning: came in at 8:30 am, came out at 10:30 am.  I started walking again on Saturday night.  I was on IV for 3 days straight, then they reduced the IV slowly.  I just got my last IV today which is Sunday. 
- no pain, I didnt have to take any painkiller.
- My right leg for some reasons is stronger than my left leg.  my left leg feels a little discomfort at the knee cap (no pains, just a little discomfort, maybe it will feel better after the stitches are removed. ) My right leg is 100% normal.
===============

to Sweden: I didnt have any aches at all before rod removal.  I wanted to get the rods out just so I can be myself again.  I dont like the feelings of having rods in my legs.  I cant tell you if its for the better or not yet.  DR said: "no running, no jogging, no jumping, no sports for 3 months, after that I can do anything I want to with my legs"

Hi Stevie, thanks for your diary, I've enjoyed reading it and it was most informative.

I was wondering about the final nail removal after LATN.  You had yours removed in January 2015.  After this removal, is it necessary to do another long period of rehab and recovery? Or are you able to run, play sports, etc soon after the final removal?

Many thanks,
Chips
stevie
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 188

« Reply #165 on: February 10, 2016, 06:19:05 AM »

Hi guys, Its been a while and today I have decided to go on mmt to post again. Just another update and my thought about LL.

Its 13 months after rod removal. Everything is just ok, not great but just ok. No pains, no aches, no discomfors, Ive never need a painkiller for my legs.

I can run (not as fast as i used to, but I can run pretty normal). It could be just my age dont allow me to run like I used to anymore. Im 36 now.
I can climb up and down the latter all day and feel nothing. (I did a lot of wall panting for the last few days)
I can craw on the floor all day ( I just put 2000 sqf of carpet tiles together by myself)
I totally forget that I had LL done.
I have noticed that I always looked at the mirror whenever I walked by one and admired my "model proportion" legs lol.
I might still short when standing next to other people, but I look tall when I stand alone....because of my longer legs.

However, I dont think that these legs are as good as my old legs....they arent as healthy as they used to be.
On a really cold day (less than 10F) And I have to stay in the cold, like when I walk to the car, I have noticed that i have a little tingling on my left shin, sometime a little pain like someone poke my shin with a needle. I dont know what it is, but its weird. This happened few times, it went away when I got inside.

Final thoughts:
If I could turn back time, I would go to therapy first before go to LL.
Think about it, im still very short (not even 5'6) and I dont think about height anymore or....I don't worry about being short anymore. It just gone.... I even made fun of myself for being short.

I can say that I have a successful LL procedure in China. Im not regreting about my LL journey. In fact, Im quite happy that I did what I did. However, I feel that I have jumped to the conclusion too soon that LL is the only option for me; I feel that if I have went to therapy I could save a lot of money and time.

Maybe I really dont need LL, or maybe LL was my therapy section. If I could do it again, I would go to see the therapist first before going through LL.

Peace out.

stevie
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 188

« Reply #166 on: January 07, 2019, 03:29:30 AM »

Is it weird that I miss China? I miss the time I had at the hospital. I miss the people that I met while getting my legs lengthening at the hospital. I miss that one chinese patient that visited me, supported me while I was so much in pain even though we didnt speak the same language.

its pretty weird eh...
kattyboi
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #167 on: January 07, 2019, 03:06:36 PM »

nice to see LL vet.

how is ur athletic recovery in percentage?
have you found love yet? i know many people do this for women, so it will be interesting

stevie
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 188

« Reply #168 on: January 10, 2019, 05:05:35 AM »

nice to see LL vet.

how is ur athletic recovery in percentage?
have you found love yet? i know many people do this for women, so it will be interesting

Im fully recovered. have wife and 2 kids.
life is good.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.