MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 05:31:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Make Me Taller! This is the leading site for the discussion of Leg Lengthening on the Internet. Join now - the more contribute, the more you will benefit from being part of our community. Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lwdc123 - Internal Femurs - Dr. Mahboubian - 2012 - A Precise Second Journey  (Read 83752 times)
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2012, 11:28:26 PM »

I want to be about 5' 7"
another 1/2 inch wont matter but will be harder on my soft tissues/bad knee/bone consolidation
i'm not going to be tall in this life but 5'8 with shoes on brings tears of joy to my eyes

saw dr. m this morning-no xray taken today

will start LL on fri--.75 mm /day

he took out stitches and that surprised me-seems so soon-5 days after surgery

after i got home-2 hours(usually 45 min) as my wife had to buy groceries and subway sandwhich,etc.
i took about 7.5 mg percocet and waited an hour and did my sta bike
was able to go all the way around about 10 painful times and got some swelling and  touch of bleeding from the lower screw area.
i'm back in bed now icing the leg
LJ
ps- tommorrow i will try to drive to work and work for a few hours-mostly paperwork
some eves my computer gets hijacked by younger members of my family

Hey LJ,

So U are doing 5CM? Is it possible to see your incisions? It's very surprising that he took out your stitches so soon.

God Bless,

Tall

Ani
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2012, 02:42:28 AM »

Hi Lwdc123

I am 36 going on 37 and I am trying to decide if I want to get tibias or femurs done....I am curious as to what your recovery will be like when taking into consideration factors such as your age and bad knees (I have bad knees as well)..

If I may ask, you mentioned that you had lengthened your tibias several years ago...so can you tell us if your body returned 100% to normal function and roughly how long did that take, if it is the case? Also, which method?

Congrats on your surgery and pursuing your dreams...that is so admirable :-)

Ani
hanzomon
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2012, 02:59:10 AM »

I want to be about 5' 7"
another 1/2 inch wont matter ...
i'm not going to be tall in this life but 5'8 with shoes on brings tears of joy to my eyes

Now THAT is a sentiment I can really relate to (rather than the stratospheric gains into the 6''4" - 6'5" club for men that we've all been following so much on this forum lately, which feels kinda deflating to lesser mortals (and I suspect, the majority of this community's followers) and makes one sometimes wonder "why even bother trying to get a couple inches when you'll still end up being relatively short, LOL)!
Best of luck on your journey!

Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2012, 03:47:18 AM »

Now THAT is a sentiment I can really relate to (rather than the stratospheric gains into the 6''4" - 6'5" club for men that we've all been following so much on this forum lately, which feels kinda deflating to lesser mortals (and I suspect, the majority of this community's followers) and makes one sometimes wonder "why even bother trying to get a couple inches when you'll still end up being relatively short, LOL)!
Best of luck on your journey!

Now you are hurting my feelings....

lwdc123
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2012, 04:55:08 AM »

ani,
my tibs /fibs healed just fine-i worked very hard at therapy after the ext frames were taken off after 3 months and int wgt bearing rods were put in-
i had sharp knee pain for about a month in my bad knee after the rod came out and I could not  bear wgt
i got a synvisc shot and it got better

after a year i could ride my bike uphill but i still have very minor ankle stiffness

i also used forteo

since i did both legs together externally
the 1st three months were all wheel chair and I was very depressed not walking

right now i'm just starting the r femur so I don't have much to say about next week/month

but the broken femur seems to hurt a lot more then a broken tib comparing broken bone pain
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to get to 6 feet but thats not realistic for me -i'll be happy to get to 5 7" be healthy,happy
and get older gracefully

Hi Lwdc123

I am 36 going on 37 and I am trying to decide if I want to get tibias or femurs done....I am curious as to what your recovery will be like when taking into consideration factors such as your age and bad knees (I have bad knees as well)..

If I may ask, you mentioned that you had lengthened your tibias several years ago...so can you tell us if your body returned 100% to normal function and roughly how long did that take, if it is the case? Also, which method?

Congrats on your surgery and pursuing your dreams...that is so admirable :-)

Ani

Ani
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2012, 05:46:55 AM »

Interesting that you should say that the femur is giving you more pain than the external tibias did. I thought the for the most part, the Precise was less painful overall. Other explanations can be that your pain threshold has changed as you got older, or that in general femur lengthening is just so much more painful than that of the tibia. I think Aposthesis give a very good explanation of this in his diary some time back....

May I ask what a synvisc shot is?

I will do both of my legs at the same time, simply because I want to get it all over and done with ..whenever you feel comfortable, it would be nice to see pics of your femur scars (where possible).

Are you lengthening the full 6.65 cm?

Yes,  I can imagine going above 5'7 for most people here would be nice, but considering the cost involved and where one is coming from, 5'7 can still be considered a great achievement.
6ftby2014
MMT Expert

Credibility 38

Current height 171.5cm (5'7.5")

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2012, 05:57:21 AM »

Awe. Don't feel bad Tall. You have gotten enough props on here so that I think you can take a barb or two..... Wink

Ani. I think that Lwdc123 is talking about the pain from the bone itself due to being cut in half. The Precise nail has nothing to do with this pain. Where the nail has an advantage, is in the distraction since there is no twisting or pin cutting or pin loss.

" Whatever you want, you shall have. Whatever you search for, you shall find ".
Ani
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2012, 06:03:44 AM »

Thank you for clarifying that for me 6ft, I am still new to all of this

:-)
lwdc123
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2012, 04:04:47 PM »

hi,
synvisc is a synovial fluid like injection used for knee joints with arthritis

9am -wed
i will now try my first real shower
then try my sta bike w/out pn med
then try going to work

fri is when i turn on the precice magnet

LJ
kusop
MMT Contributor

Credibility -132

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2012, 08:04:50 PM »

not to be rude but why are you writing in SMS-language? I dont think we have 160 character limit on this forum.
hanzomon
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2012, 01:49:51 AM »

LOL, sorry if it came out that way (I wasn't referring specifically/only to you). BUT you'll get the last laugh as you'll actually achieve an indisputable, very tall height through LL technology, not just a relative improvement in short stature per se.  Thanks for "showing the way" and choosing to provide such an uber-detailed diary for us as well!
BTW you should be changing your name to TallER soon.

Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2012, 03:49:47 AM »

LOL, sorry if it came out that way (I wasn't referring specifically/only to you). BUT you'll get the last laugh as you'll actually achieve an indisputable, very tall height through LL technology, not just a relative improvement in short stature per se.  Thanks for "showing the way" and choosing to provide such an uber-detailed diary for us as well!
BTW you should be changing your name to TallER soon.

Grin LOL, my feelings aren't hurt...I totally understand how some in our community might feel that way. Thanks for the kind words....
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 04:11:12 AM by Tall » Logged

Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2012, 03:53:03 AM »

Hey LJ,

How is your pain level? How many pain killers are U taking each day?

God Bless,

Tall

lwdc123
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2012, 04:14:57 PM »

Hi Tall,
i only took a part of a 10mg percocet (6 or 7 mg)before riding my sta bike/1 time a day
so 1 /day
i stopped yesterday
i can easily get addicted

the pain wasn't bad at rest-with movement anywhere from 3 to 10(sudden sharp jolt)

on the 24th i start the LL

my leg is still swollen and brusied(purple)

i could also feel bone getting closer to my ant shin as time went on(bone filling out)

1-today i want to find a good pt-do you have any suggestions
LJ
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2012, 09:14:59 PM »

Hi Tall,
i only took a part of a 10mg percocet (6 or 7 mg)before riding my sta bike/1 time a day
so 1 /day
i stopped yesterday
i can easily get addicted

the pain wasn't bad at rest-with movement anywhere from 3 to 10(sudden sharp jolt)

on the 24th i start the LL

my leg is still swollen and brusied(purple)

i could also feel bone getting closer to my ant shin as time went on(bone filling out)

1-today i want to find a good pt-do you have any suggestions
LJ

Hey LJ,

Wow! You came of the pain meds before I did! That's fantastic! As for the suggestion of a PT, I do not live near Dr. M's office, so I don't have any for you. Did you ask his staff?

God Bless,

Tall

lwdc123
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2012, 02:18:53 AM »

Hi
started the LL today 8-24-12
Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2012, 03:36:39 AM »

That is great! How are you feeling? Is the soreness subsiding any?

171.5cm
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2012, 05:44:49 AM »

Hi
started the LL today 8-24-12

Good for you LJ! It's a great feeling isn't it? Smiley

lwdc123
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2012, 05:54:02 PM »

Hi,
sat morn i am 1/25 of an inch taller on the R
later i will go see the pt center i went to 4 my tibs(they have pool therapy when my incisions heal)
my soreness is much less-but the underside of thigh is purple

i have to watch my mood-yesteday at work it took me 2 hours to run a merchant cc as their was a problem
-the ph support are on another planet-being on edge from surgery and LL -I almost lost it and was getting into a super funk for hours--my son and wife cheered me up and i took a lyrica i had from 2 years ago and i was able to get 6 hours sleep though i woke up 2 times.

this morning there was a grasshopper stuck in my home printer -jamming the paper
weird things always happen when i start LL--anyway it's making me laugh--

the point is ---try to stay happy during such a long ordeal(LL)

keeping a journal is therapeutic

I walk around the house with crutches keeping the weight on my R leg to approx 50 lbs.
LJ
Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2012, 06:00:40 PM »

Good stuff Lwdc123! A great reminder to all going through LL to keep their heads up.

171.5cm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.