MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 01:42:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Make Me Taller is the world's leading discussion forum for Leg Lengthening - this is a professionally-run site and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening. Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Balzakin - External Tibias - Dr. Xia - 2012 - A foreign devil in Peking  (Read 50360 times)
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« on: September 17, 2012, 09:43:34 PM »

Balzakin has asked me to start a diary for him. He is in Beijing right now having a consultation and hoping to start his LL journey soon.
Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 11:07:51 PM »

Balzakin, so you decided on Beijing after all. I look forward to reading your diary.

171.5cm
jmnj06
MMT Member

Credibility 12

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 03:36:36 AM »

Good luck my friend
meyerchamp
MMT Member

Credibility 34

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 04:51:36 AM »

All the best to Balzakin for gaining the extra inches and making a full recovery. I understand your goal is 6-6.5cm, so that's still the number after the consultation?
balzakin
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 13

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 01:07:18 PM »

wooo my very own diary, thanks SysOp. I have checked in to the hospital today and have been prepped. My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow. Its happening all so quickly. I've been fasting today so I'm a little tired. I will do a more detailed intro after surgery if I make it. See you on the other side. Thanks for your good wishes.

Some Stats:
current height: 171cm - 172.5cm
target height: ~ 178cm, 5'10"
weight: 77kg
Nationality: Australian
Casper
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 01:30:45 PM »

your be 40 with your new height soon good luck!
Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 03:07:01 PM »

wooo my very own diary, thanks SysOp. I have checked in to the hospital today and have been prepped. My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow. Its happening all so quickly. I've been fasting today so I'm a little tired. I will do a more detailed intro after surgery if I make it. See you on the other side. Thanks for your good wishes.

Some Stats:
current height: 171cm - 172.5cm
target height: ~ 178cm, 5'10"
weight: 77kg
Nationality: Australian

Wow we really have much in common. You're a tad bit taller than me (I'm 170cm), and I turned the big 40 last week. Oh, I do like Wallabies but I'm a huge All Blacks fan (hope we're still cool)!  Wink

171.5cm
COOPER
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 11

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 03:17:17 PM »

Congratulations and good luck. Hope everything goes out as smooth as possible. Looking forward to read your diary.

Starting Height: 160
Lengthening Goal- 7 to 8
balzakin
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 13

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 10:17:59 PM »

Its 6am. Everything is very quiet here but I've woken up early for some reason. Probably because I've been fasting. Surgery is scheduled for today. Let me tell you that when you are here about to actually do it, its the real deal. I've got all sorts of worries going through my head, and I'm freaking out! Its one thing to ready diaries in the comfort of your own home, quite another to actually go through with it. Very stressful.

Last night I went with the maid to Tesco's to buy some last minute supplies. The supermarket is bustling and modern, and thought it was be good to come down here once in a while, although the practicalities of getting here as a patient would be difficult. I really like the bakery section, so I think I will try to do it as some stage.

@dookster yeah we are still cool. Thanks for your support old boy.
Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 11:06:11 PM »

Balzakin - It's about to get real! Don't worry you are in good hands. I'll keep you in my thoughts!

171.5cm
Ilike8cm
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 61

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 01:30:52 AM »

Balzakin is in surgery now....he prob won't post for several days.

Goodluck you

livin'
stevie
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 188

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2012, 12:06:10 PM »

I went to your room today, but you were asleep.

Good luck man,

If you need company, just let me know, I'll ask the whole team come visit you. Cheesy
Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2012, 02:30:51 PM »

Balzakin - I kept thinking about you today. Stay strong buddy. Your dreams are about to be realized!

171.5cm
zeo
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 13

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2012, 03:17:26 PM »

Let me tell you that when you are here about to actually do it, its the real deal. I've got all sorts of worries going through my head, and I'm freaking out! Its one thing to ready diaries in the comfort of your own home, quite another to actually go through with it. Very stressful.

Yea when you are just reading the diaries you get a sense of what people are feeling but im sure that when you are actually there it is a whole another story.

So when did it hit you that, "Wow this is really happening",  right before surgery? on the plane? before that?
zeo
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 13

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2012, 03:19:40 PM »

i almost forgot, Congratulation and Good Luck with your journey
jmnj06
MMT Member

Credibility 12

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2012, 03:59:29 PM »

your a warrior my friend
kusop
MMT Contributor

Credibility -132

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2012, 05:48:31 PM »

i think he has had the surgery!!! We are with you Balzakin.
balzakin
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 13

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2012, 03:00:17 AM »

Hi everyone,
Thanks for all your support, it really gives me a lift. Yesterday morning I had my surgery. It must have been around 7am. I have been sleeping a lot. I had some pain in my ankles but it is tolerable now.
Going back to sleep but keep you all updated with my progess.
Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2012, 04:34:06 AM »

Great to hear from you. Get some rest!

171.5cm
balzakin
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 13

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2012, 12:56:39 AM »

Day 4, second day after surgery. The first word I have learned in Chinese is pain- pronounced ďTongĒ. This morning when I woke was the first time Iíve had no pain in my legs since the surgery. Speaking with the other guys here, that is unusual as they didnít feel any pain for about a week afterwards. The epidural doesnít do much for me. I tried a tramadol too but that didnít work either.  Iíve had to request pain injections for the last two nights before sleeping, which worked well. My philosophy of pain management is to take it if it is really required. I try to keep pain medication to a minimum but Iím not one of those hardcore guys who refuse to take it at all.

A few of the guys came into my room last night to keep me company. They are all really supportive. My maid is good too, very attentive. She sleeps in the room with me and is ready to respond. Unfortunately she doesnít speak a word of English by we get by with hand gestures and google translator. She doesnít seem to be deterred by my crankiness since the surgery.

For the last couple of days Iíve been constantly monitored. This morning about 5 nurses came in and asked me to do the  usual wriggle your toes routine. The doctor also came in soon after and showed me the exercises I should do in bed every day.
This morning I felt a slight jolting electric down both legs which I was told to expect. It wasnít really painful but it was enough to wake me from my sleep. Right now Iím just enjoying the feeling of being pain free.

Since the operation, Iíve wondered a couple of times if I had done the right thing to undertake this surgery. The whole prodecure is emotionally draining as you really are quite vulnerable. But once you have had your legs broken, there is no turning back. You have to commit yourself to follow through with it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.