MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 02:31:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Make Me Taller! This is a free service to support those interested in or considering Leg Lengthening, and all are welcome to join! Just click on the register button and you will be approved ASAP. Remember to bookmark http://www.makemetaller.org now!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Balzakin - External Tibias - Dr. Xia - 2012 - A foreign devil in Peking  (Read 50365 times)
Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2012, 02:54:04 AM »

Balzakin - You have done the right thing. You are an LL warrior and are going after your dreams. I'm beyond proud of you.

171.5cm
balzakin
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 13

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2012, 01:47:54 PM »

thanks Dook, appreciate it.

Today I woke up without any pain. Then this afternoon I started a fever of 38.2C which I was told was normal.
Then I fine again, back down to 37. Now i can feel i've got a fever again. I've taken a sleeping pill so far but doesn't seem
to be working- because i'm typing this.

The doctor came around and removed my bandages so I could see my pin sites for the first time. Its not for the faint of heart.
He also removed a blood tube from each leg, which was a bit pinful. These blood tubes empty into a bag. I dont know why they do
that, perhaps to empty out toxic blood.

I thought sleeping on my back would  be a problem (i usually sleep on my stomach) but its been okay so far. Perhaps because I've been
drugged up? I also had my epidural removed. The catheder gets removed tomorrow. I've been told by everyone that the first few days are
the hardest and I'm certainly feeling it. This is not how I usually spend my Friday nights.
Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2012, 02:11:28 PM »

Balzakin - You are in the trenches buddy. You can do this! Stay strong, we're all here in support of you. These days are tough but you know what? You're TOUGHER! When it's all said and done you're going to feel even happier about your height because you earned it!

171.5cm
balzakin
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 13

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2012, 03:47:53 PM »

11:44pm holy f**king shi*, I'm in a world of hurt. Is it supposed to hurt this much?
I've taken a tramadol and 2 sleeping pills and they have done squat. I've just taken
another tramadol. If this doesn't work I'll have to call Ronnie and wake her up.
Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2012, 12:04:07 AM »

OUCH! Perhaps the epidural has fully wore off and you're really feeling the pain. Don't be shy about asking for something to mitigate the pain. Go to Ronne just to make sure everything is okay.

171.5cm
balzakin
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 13

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2012, 03:27:51 AM »

they gave me an injection last night but it didn't help much. I think it was the exercises that I did yesterday. The doctor told me to  do
50 leg raises each day and that's what is causing the pain now. Too much too soon. I can barely raise my left leg now. I'm not going to do exercises now till I see the doctor on Monday.
Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2012, 04:32:14 AM »

Balzakin - I really feel for your right now warrior. I hope you're able to either get some sleep or the pain subsides ASAP.

171.5cm
zeo
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 13

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2012, 05:01:36 AM »

Hang in there Balzakin im sure things are going to get better as the days pass

Good choice on stopping the exercises , you gotta listen to your body because you got a long road ahead of you

best wishes my friend
balzakin
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 13

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2012, 07:35:14 AM »

thanks guys. The pain is already gone since I kept my legs still today. Doing exercises a couple of days after surgery was
a little bit ambitious. I've been sleeping ALOT and I like it. Temperature is back to normal. I've been on a constant feed
of IV antibiotics since the operations. It seems my temperature and blood pressure is taken constantly. I've just had
my catheter removed (ouch) so I am totally tubeless now.
The other thing is that they get you to drink copious amounts of water. My maid is always onto me about it.
Now I'm watching some Fung Fu show on TV.
Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2012, 08:30:34 AM »

It is so nice to hear that the pain has abated. You really had me worried buddy.

Enjoy the Kung-Fun Dianying!

171.5cm
balzakin
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 13

« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2012, 08:40:28 AM »

4 days after surgery. My temperature is up again slightly. When this happens its
difficult to eat. The frames are becoming really uncomfortable. Every slight movement you make with your legs
is painful.

This morning I got out of bed and into a swivel chair and went up and down the hallway. My maid almost had
a heart attack. It was probably a really stupid thing to do and I know I'm going to pay for it tonight with more pain.
There hasn't been a day yet where I havn't gone without some pain medication. I'm not sure if the tramadol works for me, atleast it doesn't
straight away. But I still don't pass up the offer. I'm going to talk to my doctor about some alternative. Yes its
all about pain and suffering my friends. And I havn't even started to lengthen yet.

I think the other guys (and girls) here are very mentally tough for going through such pain for so long.
Signing off for another day on the pain train...

@dookie the pain comes and goes. I was sleeping this afternoon and was awoken by extreme pin pain in my top left leg.
It may have been the way I was sleeping.
Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2012, 01:18:34 PM »

I'm sorry you're having such a tough time. One can only help things will get better. Can they change your dosage of meds or switch you to something else?

171.5cm
balzakin
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 13

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2012, 02:44:28 PM »

I'm going to have some serious words with the doctor tomorrow because I am not happy
with the pain management at the moment. The same medication does not work for everyone
and obviously the ones they have been using isn't working for me. I don't expect this ride to be
pain free but I do expect it to be managed.  I'm surprised that even
the sleeping medication doesn't work because I usually respond well to others I have taken in
the past. Hey Dook, thanks for looking out for me. You are my biggest fan at the mo. lol
Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2012, 07:53:24 PM »

I believe you are the first Beijing diary that I've read where so much pain was experienced so early on. I really hope there is something they can do to mitigate this cra*.

171.5cm
stevie
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 188

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2012, 08:51:46 PM »

Balzakin,
1. Drink water, drink as much as u can, always drinking water. Drink a lot of water not only help to keep your body temperature at the right level, but also helps to bring more oxygen to your body cells when youre exercising.
2. When you are sleeping, try to keep your legs higher than your heart level. This will prevent you from getting 'electric shock' going down to your legs. Do not worry about knee-bending yet, you cant get knee bending before start lengthening.
3. When you do the exercises that your duty doctor showed u, try to do it slowly, not to move your legs too fast too soon.
4. You will have some muscle pain on ur thighs later, try to massage your thighs where the pain is.
5. Use pee pot, but if u must go to the bathroom, always ask the maid to help u.
6. Always use 2 chairs when u want to go anywhere for the first 2 weeks. Keep ur feet higher than ur butt by putting a pillow on the chair which u will rest ur legs on.
7. Always do some exercise with ur legs when u r in bed.
8. Tramadol does work, but it takes time (30 mins) for me.
balzakin
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 13

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2012, 07:22:00 AM »

This morning my allocated doctor came in to see me. I tried explained that the pain medication wasn't
working and that I would like to try something else and I was really quite emphatic about it. He said "I don't think so".
I wrote down on a piece of paper some medication that I have used in the past for pain relieve and gave it him.
He said he would have to check with someone. Then he left.

A little bit later I was wheeled into the x-ray room to have some taken. Then I was wheeled into the doctors
office. There were a number of other doctors including Ronnie (the foreign liason). I was shown a picture of my
x-rays. I can verify that my legs are indeed broken. Ronnie explained to me that the pain I was feeling was due
to inflammation, which is normal and should go down within a few days. As to the medication I requested, she
said that it would not help me and said that I should take some pills called "Yunnan Baiyao Jiaonang". The rest of
the packet is in Chinese but apparently they are help to reduce the swelling. I was disappointed that I couldn't
get the medication that I requested which was a mixture of paracetamol and codeine. I guess they have their
reasons for not allowing me to have this but it really does work for me to minimize pain. At the moment I am
feeling frustrated, partly because of this and also because the language barrier is a bit of a problem, particularly
with the doctors.

Ronnie asked me if I had any more questions and I said no. My doctor looked at me in what seemed like a very confrontational
manner and I felt awkward. As I was wheeled out, a number of the doctors laughed.
I don't know what they were laughing about but it didn't make me feel good at all. I guess I have been feeling down for the rest of the day. My temperature is down to 37 again but I don't feel like eating.

On the upside, Ronnie and my maid have been great. They have been doing everything to make me feel at ease. I've been sitting
in bed for a few days now which has been really hard. Ronnie said that I could take a shower later today which would be
a great relief. Once the pain eases slightly, I'm going to try and occupy my mind with reading/language study etc, but at the moment its a little
difficult.

Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2012, 08:35:37 AM »

Balzakin- Sorry to hear you're having such a tough time. I just hope the pain subsides soon.

I really wonder what the laughing was all about. Can you remember what they said? if possible, when you hear something in Chinese that you don't understand write it down phonetically in English. For example for Ni hao write something like knee-how etc. Inbox it to me and I can interpret it for you. Of course it would be better to hear it in the first person but we have to do what we can at this point.

171.5cm
balzakin
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 13

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2012, 11:35:28 AM »

Im going to let it go Dook and start resting. I just have energy to do anything. Tonight I was supposed to take a shower.
When I was sitting in my chair I felt dizzy and had to go back to bed. The doctor came in and put me on an oxygen tank,
second time since surgery. Doctor was a little more sympathetic this time. He said my body was still too weak.
Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2012, 01:48:31 PM »

You are really going through it! Man, I so hope things get better for you soon. Please stay strong buddy!

171.5cm
COOPER
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 11

« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2012, 06:38:27 PM »

I can feel you what you been going through.  Stay positive & strong and think about the end result. Gradually, this all be over and you will be in your feet with the new height. A former LL veteran once said, "the pain you have will go away but the height you gain will stay rest of your life." Good luck warrior, you are not too far from your dream. Once done and over, you have forever to enjoy!

Starting Height: 160
Lengthening Goal- 7 to 8
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.