MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 06:16:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the new photos in the Proportions section, which include photos and videos of a lady who lengthened by a full 12cm walking and stretching, and a guy who did 8.8cm taking his first steps! Shocked Click Here!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kikau - Internal Tibias - Dr. Mahboubian - 2012 - Bilateral PRECISE  (Read 39875 times)
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« on: October 03, 2012, 02:36:14 PM »

Kikau has asked me to start a diary for her so she can write about her experience lengthening her tibias with Dr. M using the PRECISE system.
COOPER
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 11

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 02:50:02 PM »

Hi Kikau,

Let me be the first to congratulate on your LL journey. I think you made the right choice to go with the PRECISE. Good luck to you and my best wishes. Keep us update as you progress towards your journey.

Cheers,
Cooper

Starting Height: 160
Lengthening Goal- 7 to 8
kusop
MMT Contributor

Credibility -132

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 02:59:06 PM »

I wish it was 8cm Precise Smiley Anyway good luck.
leonard
MMT Contributor

Credibility 18

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 12:26:07 AM »

It would be fantastic to have a diary of Kikau!  Cheesy

meyerchamp
MMT Member

Credibility 34

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 04:48:43 PM »

all the best in your journey.
Kikau
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 40

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 05:39:47 AM »

I am writing this as a short blog not a diary for the people who are either curious how a person can go through a bilateral LL surgery sitting in a wheelchair for four months and those who already have gone through the surgery and want to compare the notes.

My journey started on May 3rd of this year at the St. Josephís Providence hospital. Dr. M came by and gave me a warm assuring smile then the friendly nurses hushed me to a cold surgery room and thatís all I can remember.  The next thing was that I was lying in bed heavily medicated with morphine.  Well, my LL journey had really begun.   Fast forward---I was wheelchair bound until September 2Ö..yes, exactly for 4 months.   Finally got out of wheelchair and started wobbling around with walker never felt  so good.  
I lengthened 5 cm instead of full 6.5cm because thatís all I wanted on my tibia and to avoid any complications and fast recovery.  Dr. M. prescribed Forteo in addition to oral Calcium supplements that I was taking.  Dr. M paid much attention to my progress that was really a comfort!  I took Forteo medication from July 31 to August 27, exactly 28 days that contributed a tremendous consolidation.

These days I walk without crutches although very careful with one leg that is less consolidated than the other.  So now and then I use a cane to lean on it.   However because of the precice nail still in my tibia, my legs feel stiff but sure I will get used to it.  In 8 months of time, even those nails will be out of my legs permanently and that will be the day I will truly celebrate!  

Peace,
Kikau

Kikau
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 40

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 05:51:42 AM »

Hi Kikau,

Let me be the first to congratulate on your LL journey. I think you made the right choice to go with the PRECISE. Good luck to you and my best wishes. Keep us update as you progress towards your journey.

Cheers,
Cooper

Thank you Cooper!

Kikau
Kikau
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 40

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 05:52:46 AM »

I wish it was 8cm Precise Smiley Anyway good luck.

Thank you Kusop!

Kikau Smiley
Kikau
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 40

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2012, 05:53:27 AM »

It would be fantastic to have a diary of Kikau!  Cheesy

Thank you Leonard!

Kikau Smiley
Kikau
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 40

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2012, 05:54:09 AM »

all the best in your journey.

Thank you meyerchamp!

Kikau Smiley
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2012, 06:14:15 AM »

Hey Kikau,

It's great that you started a diary! The first diary of a female Precice patient! Congrats on the full weight bearing! What does your daily diet consist of? Are you taking any vitamin D supplements?

God Bless,

Tall

Kikau
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 40

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2012, 06:47:03 AM »

Hey Kikau,

It's great that you started a diary! The first diary of a female Precice patient! Congrats on the full weight bearing! What does your daily diet consist of? Are you taking any vitamin D supplements?

God Bless,

Tall

Hi! Tall,

I don't think it is going to be a diary... rather a blog.    Yes, I have been taking Vitamin D3 along with Calcium and other daily supplements.   I eat a lot of high calcium foods such as Sardines with bones in Olive Oil, drink calcium fortified orange juice, Greek Yogurt, Broccoli, Almonds, and etc. and whey protein powder shake in almond or coconut milk.  And the most importantly, I walk at least 1 mile at a park near me, swim for 45 minutes and ride a stationary bike for 30 minutes just about every day.  Keep on moving my body really brings the calcium to my bones.  One of the MMT contributing members 6ftby2014 mentioned that as we walk more our brain gets the signal to shore up and send more nutrition to the leg bones.   He is right about that.   
I bet you are ready to do the other leg by now!  Good luck to you!

Take care,
Kikau Smiley
Padfreak101
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2012, 09:01:25 AM »

wow congrats i think your the first Bilateral PRECISE on this foum, just out of curiosity dr m recommended exogen 4000 to other patient who aren't doing precice during consolidation, i was wondering if he still prescribes exogen 4000 on precice or if in interferes with the nail ??
6ftby2014
MMT Expert

Credibility 38

Current height 171.5cm (5'7.5")

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2012, 04:12:34 PM »

Awesome to see that you decided to write a post lengthening blog Kikau. All the best for your recovery. Cool

" Whatever you want, you shall have. Whatever you search for, you shall find ".
Kikau
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 40

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2012, 05:16:23 PM »

wow congrats i think your the first Bilateral PRECISE on this foum, just out of curiosity dr m recommended exogen 4000 to other patient who aren't doing precice during consolidation, i was wondering if he still prescribes exogen 4000 on precice or if in interferes with the nail ??

Hi! Padfreak101,

Dr. M prescribed a bone stimulator by CMF company.   He even gave me his machine for free and that was a great help.  I have no idea whether exogen 4000 interferes with the precice nail.  Good Luck to you all the way!

Take care,
Kikau Smiley
Kikau
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 40

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2012, 05:20:20 PM »

Awesome to see that you decided to write a post lengthening blog Kikau. All the best for your recovery. Cool

Thanks 6ftby2014!

I was going to just quietly live my new life then, under some pressure.....here I am.

Good luck to your journey as well!

Take care,
Kikau  Smiley
kusop
MMT Contributor

Credibility -132

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2012, 05:48:00 PM »

Hello Kikau,

grats on your new height btw.

I have a question, you were on wheelchair for 4 months when you lengthened only 5 cm??
Why did it take so long? When were you allowed to walk without crutches for the first time?
Kidrobot
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2012, 11:54:01 PM »

Hello Kikau,

I have a question, you were on wheelchair for 4 months when you lengthened only 5 cm??
Why did it take so long? When were you allowed to walk without crutches for the first time?

good question
6ftby2014
MMT Expert

Credibility 38

Current height 171.5cm (5'7.5")

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2012, 12:39:34 AM »

Hello Kikau,

You do not start lengthening for about a week post op. Takes 2.5 - 3 months to lengthen then it only took a month to consolidate enough to begin walking.... I'd say she did pretty well.

" Whatever you want, you shall have. Whatever you search for, you shall find ".
Kikau
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 40

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2012, 04:12:11 AM »

Hello Kikau,

Hi! Kusop and Kidrobot,

Here is the run down.....
1. The L.L. surgery on May 3rd.  2. The distraction started on the 10th.
3. It ended on July 2nd.   4. Started taking Forteo on July 31st.   5. Finished 28days of Forteo on August 27.  6. Surgery to take out the screw from both ankles on August 30th.  7. 3 days of rest after the surgery.   8. Started walking on my walker and crutches on September 2nd for the first time.   As I said before, standing up felt never that great!!!

So it was altogether 4 months of sitting in my wheelchair.  Yep, It was rough but survived with some help from friends, good books, writing, TV and going to beaches and parks.   

Hope I answered your question!
Take care,
Kikau
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.