MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 06:30:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Make Me Taller! This is the leading site for the discussion of Leg Lengthening on the Internet. Join now - the more you contribute, the more you will benefit from being part of our community - all are welcome.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kikau - Internal Tibias - Dr. Mahboubian - 2012 - Bilateral PRECISE  (Read 39876 times)
6ftby2014
MMT Expert

Credibility 38

Current height 171.5cm (5'7.5")

« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2013, 03:42:13 PM »

I pressured her into it...... Wink

Hey K. How are you doin? I have not heard from you in a while. I would love to hear about any anecdotal experiences you have had ( if any) regarding to your new height.

I am still shooting for a consult with Dr.M within the next month or two. I will be out there this June. I am really anxious but I have to wait for the Precise 8.0.

" Whatever you want, you shall have. Whatever you search for, you shall find ".
Wanna Be A Tall Girl
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2013, 07:10:27 PM »

lol....
Kikau
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 40

« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2013, 09:55:29 PM »

I pressured her into it...... Wink

Hey K. How are you doin? I have not heard from you in a while. I would love to hear about any anecdotal experiences you have had ( if any) regarding to your new height.

I am still shooting for a consult with Dr.M within the next month or two. I will be out there this June. I am really anxious but I have to wait for the Precise 8.0.

Hey you funny guy 6ftby2014!

Certainly I could use some humor for sure.   Grin

I was in a lot of pain after getting out of wheelchair but kept up with my exercises and finally seems like I am winning.
I am still limping when I walk but in the same speed as everyone else which I couldn't for a while.

Suddenly I realized other people are not that tall as I used to think.  No more ladders to reach the shelves in the kitchen...just stretch my arms and I can get my favorite mug....yep, I am 5cm higher up.

It's good that summer is a few months down the line...by then the scars will be much lighter... I can wear short pants..can't wait!

Peace and Happiness,
KIkau   Cheesy
samson
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2013, 12:06:10 PM »

Hey you funny guy 6ftby2014!

Certainly I could use some humor for sure.   Grin

I was in a lot of pain after getting out of wheelchair but kept up with my exercises and finally seems like I am winning.
I am still limping when I walk but in the same speed as everyone else which I couldn't for a while.

Suddenly I realized other people are not that tall as I used to think.  No more ladders to reach the shelves in the kitchen...just stretch my arms and I can get my favorite mug....yep, I am 5cm higher up.

It's good that summer is a few months down the line...by then the scars will be much lighter... I can wear short pants..can't wait!

Peace and Happiness,
KIkau   Cheesy

Hey Kikau,

do you think your result would've been better if you did more PT (one hour every day)?

Also, do you think you lengthened to fast?

Lastly, did you have any knee/leg/ankle problem before you went for the surgery?  Also, is this surgery completely cosmetic for you or it actually corrects something?
Kikau
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 40

« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2013, 08:46:16 PM »

Hey Kikau,

do you think your result would've been better if you did more PT (one hour every day)?

Also, do you think you lengthened to fast?

Lastly, did you have any knee/leg/ankle problem before you went for the surgery?  Also, is this surgery completely cosmetic for you or it actually corrects something?

Hi Samson,

I don't think PT would have helped in anyway of my consolidation.  Yes, she helped me with the exercises(mainly stretching) of the soft muscles of my ankles and legs.  By the way, I had her come in 5 days a week in August from 3 days in the previous months.  I don't think I lengthened too fast ....definitely not to the point where it affected the outcome.  It was rather slow and I stopped at 5cm to have the fast consolidation.   Did I have any other issues before the surgery?  No, it was totally a cosmetic procedure but from the day one my right leg has been hurting more than my left one and taking a lot longer to heal.  Dr. M explains that our body parts work differently even though it belongs to us and that explains why the degree of pain varies.  Yes, it's unpredictable for sure.    Hope I answered your questions.

Peace and happiness for you! Cheesy
Kikau
samson
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2013, 02:34:21 AM »

Hi Kikau,

you said you had your therapist come to your home to do PT. That sounds like really convenient. Is this something that can be easily set up with the therapist?      I suppose PT doesn't require very special equipment that's only available at the PT center?
Kikau
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 40

« Reply #86 on: February 14, 2013, 07:35:30 AM »

Hi Kikau,

you said you had your therapist come to your home to do PT. That sounds like really convenient. Is this something that can be easily set up with the therapist?      I suppose PT doesn't require very special equipment that's only available at the PT center?

Samson,

Yes, the PT can be done at home.  She(he) will be working on your dorsiflexion around the ankles and the Achilles tendon stretching without any specific equipment.   It's easy to set up with the physical therapist or agency.  I couldn't get out of wheelchair so naturally had her coming to me for the entire time.  Are you planning on having the surgery soon?   
Good Luck to you!
Kikau  Smiley
samson
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2013, 08:36:22 AM »

Hi Kikau,

did you have any complication with Dr. M since the date of your surgery?
Kikau
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 40

« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2013, 08:44:20 AM »

Hi Kikau,

did you have any complication with Dr. M since the date of your surgery?

No, I did not.  Smiley
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2013, 04:29:05 PM »

Hi K,

How are you feeling these days? I have recently started riding an exercise bike during the lengthening period of my right leg. I remember reading that you did this during your lengthening. How many minutes per day did you ride. Primarily I am doing it to promote blood flow to my legs to benefit consolidation. Do you feel that it's was a factor in your good consolidation?

God Bless,

Tall

Kikau
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 40

« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2013, 09:20:51 PM »

Hi K,

How are you feeling these days? I have recently started riding an exercise bike during the lengthening period of my right leg. I remember reading that you did this during your lengthening. How many minutes per day did you ride. Primarily I am doing it to promote blood flow to my legs to benefit consolidation. Do you feel that it's was a factor in your good consolidation?

God Bless,

Tall

Hey Tall,

I did it to stretch my soft muscles and promote the agility of my legs in general.  I did it 10 minutes 3 times a day that makes it 30 minutes total.  Definitely it stimulated the bone growth.   I am glad to know that you have gone through the right leg now...... rooting for your complete recovery real soon!!!    Grin

Kikau    Smiley
samson
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2013, 04:03:46 PM »

Hi Kikau,

I am curious. Did you hire a home aid when you were doing your LL?

If so, can you tell me what sort of things a home aid did for you and how was the schedule like?

thanks

samson
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2013, 06:08:46 AM »

btw, Kikau, how are you doing?  Have you checked with Dr. M with your consolidation progress?
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2013, 07:16:26 AM »

Hey Tall,

I did it to stretch my soft muscles and promote the agility of my legs in general.  I did it 10 minutes 3 times a day that makes it 30 minutes total.  Definitely it stimulated the bone growth.   I am glad to know that you have gone through the right leg now...... rooting for your complete recovery real soon!!!    Grin

Kikau    Smiley

Thanks for the info & well wishes! Keep us updated when you can on your recovery!

Kikau
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 40

« Reply #94 on: March 04, 2013, 06:16:46 AM »

Hi Kikau,

I am curious. Did you hire a home aid when you were doing your LL?

If so, can you tell me what sort of things a home aid did for you and how was the schedule like?

thanks

Hi! Samson,

Yes, I had a home aid come to help me 3 times a week 2 hours each for a month at the beginning.  She took me to the doctor's appointments, grocery stores, vacuum the house, did the laundry and kept me a company.  Then I called in whenever I needed someone to go to the ATM or to the park and etc.   It became more of need basis but a lot more frequent than I anticipated.  I had also friends and neighbors help me out quiet often as well. The best way is to have someone that you trust and like stay with you for the whole time who would do all those things and keep you a better company if you are going through bilateral and in a wheelchair.  Yep, that will get the time goes by a lot quicker and convenient for you over all.  
Hope this helps you!  
Take it easy.
Kikau  Smiley  
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 06:25:35 AM by Kikau » Logged
Kikau
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 40

« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2013, 06:46:19 AM »

Samson,

Even with the home aid, some of my friends and a neighbor helped me out a lot.  In fact, I had my neighbor come in 2x a day for almost 3 weeks when I first  got back from the surgery.   You will need a lot of help from a lot of people.  Don't be shy about asking!  Take their offers!   

Kikau  Smiley
Kikau
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 40

« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2013, 02:58:08 AM »

Thanks for the info & well wishes! Keep us updated when you can on your recovery!

I will...

Take care,
Kikau  Smiley 
Kikau
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 40

« Reply #97 on: March 06, 2013, 06:26:17 AM »

Hi! Red321,

I sent you 3 responses but didn't go through.  I thought it was odd ... so here I am posting. 
Congratulations for one step ahead to your journey.

There are up and down side of each bilateral and one leg at a time.  I am sure you know what you prefer.
Write down all the questions before having the consultation to prepare for the best result.

Take care,
Kikau  Smiley
samson
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #98 on: March 10, 2013, 06:30:02 PM »

Hi Kikau,

then what do you think as the pros vs cons on doing bilateral vs unilateral?
Wanna Be A Tall Girl
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #99 on: April 08, 2013, 05:46:43 AM »

Hi! Samson,

Yes, I had a home aid come to help me 3 times a week 2 hours each for a month at the beginning.  She took me to the doctor's appointments, grocery stores, vacuum the house, did the laundry and kept me a company.  Then I called in whenever I needed someone to go to the ATM or to the park and etc.   It became more of need basis but a lot more frequent than I anticipated.  I had also friends and neighbors help me out quiet often as well. The best way is to have someone that you trust and like stay with you for the whole time who would do all those things and keep you a better company if you are going through bilateral and in a wheelchair.  Yep, that will get the time goes by a lot quicker and convenient for you over all.  
Hope this helps you!  
Take it easy.
Kikau  Smiley  

Hi Kikau
I hope you are doing well. Can I know how much did the home aid cost you. I think I would surely need someone like that to help me out during my lengthening.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.