MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 06:29:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Words of wisdom from sna78:
"Pain is temporary, height is forever!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

The Make Me Taller (MMT) community forum provides free information about the only REAL way to become taller - elective leg lengthening (LL) surgery. This site contains detailed information, pictures, videos, diaries and personal accounts from people who have undergone cosmetic LL to become taller. We discuss the pros and cons of Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE and other methods. Please read our FAQs first before posting and enjoy your time here finding out how to become taller! Leg Lengthening is a serious endeavor, so do your research! You can also buy MMT's new book about LL called 'Inchworm' at Amazon!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How much LL could my proportions handle?  (Read 48194 times)
snowleo
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« on: October 05, 2012, 09:34:57 AM »

Hello
I'm 166. 5cm tall
My wingspan is ~170cm
My sitting hight ~86cm
My arm length, from my shoulder top to the bottom of my middle finger is ~74cm
From the ground to the middle of my knee its ~46cm
From the middle of my knee to the beginning of my torso (top end of my thigh) its ~46cm 

- I plan (afford) for only one surgery ether for tibias or femurs, how much do you think i can lengthen regarding my measures?

Thank you
Ant
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 90

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 09:50:15 AM »

7cm on tibias is enough
snowleo
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 08:14:03 PM »

Quote from: Ant link=topic=5369. msg65748#msg65748 date=1349430615
7cm on tibias is enough

Thank you ANT for replaying, so you think lengthen by 7. 5cm the tibias would be safe n dont affect my proportion?
because i read in Taller diary when he lengthen with Dr. betz his femur by 11cm, after he recovered and back to normal life he start to feel minor pain in his articulation n knee and his tibia tended to bend because of his long femur, so then he had to lengthen his tibias to prevent knee n articulation problem when he will get older . .   
Quixotic
MMT Adviser

Credibility 24

It's expensive, staying human.

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 08:51:55 PM »

You're already well proportioned already by the looks of it so I don't reccomend going past 174cm....

Current height: 176.5cm
Sitting height: 93.25cm

Target height: 181.5cm
snowleo
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 10:17:45 PM »

Quote from: Quixotic link=topic=5369. msg65760#msg65760 date=1349470315
You're already well proportioned already by the looks of it so I don't reccomend going past 174cm. . . .

i thought so. .  but when i saw Craig49 and Mysteryman gone ~10cm taller then their wingspan in one surgery over tibias, i said why not got +10cm and my wingspan is 5cm larger than theirs!
i read that the safe limit of 7. 5cm lengthen is for femurs, tibias can go a few centimeters longer, due to difference in muscles functionality between femurs and tibias

kusop
MMT Contributor

Credibility -132

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 10:39:24 AM »

you do know the state of craig?
Quixotic
MMT Adviser

Credibility 24

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 08:00:15 PM »

i thought so. .  but when i saw Craig49 and Mysteryman gone ~10cm taller then their wingspan in one surgery over tibias, i said why not got +10cm and my wingspan is 5cm larger than theirs!
i read that the safe limit of 7. 5cm lengthen is for femurs, tibias can go a few centimeters longer, due to difference in muscles functionality between femurs and tibias

It's not just your armspan, it's your sitting height, too.  At 86cm, you are a full 7cm below my 93cm, and even at 93cm everyone my height that I meet bar one or two have the same or taller sitting heights.

AsTallAsWomen
MMT Adviser

Credibility -137

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 08:02:20 PM »

thought torso size didn't matter, remember apotheosis post on torso length, he made himself 6' 5" and his torso-to-leg ratio looks pretty normal

Height         = 164 cm (5' 4.5")
Wingspan     = 167 cm

UK Caucasian Male.
Avg. Male height in region 5' 9.5"
Avg. Female Height in region 5' 4.5"
Quixotic
MMT Adviser

Credibility 24

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 09:01:56 PM »

thought torso size didn't matter, remember apotheosis post on torso length, he made himself 6' 5" and his torso-to-leg ratio looks pretty normal

It doesn't matter when you're tall, as tall people are expected to have long legs in relation to body, but for average height and below it is noticable.

AsTallAsWomen
MMT Adviser

Credibility -137

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 10:24:21 PM »

damn I was planning to go from 5 4.5 -> 5 10 and wasn't paying attention to sitting height, only wingspan Sad

Wingspan     = 167 cm

UK Caucasian Male.
Quixotic
MMT Adviser

Credibility 24

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 10:43:20 PM »

damn I was planning to go from 5 4.5 -> 5 10 and wasn't paying attention to sitting height, only wingspan Sad

Well what is your sitting height?

Sitting height isn't 100% accurate, but it gives you a good idea of how much you can lengthen.  My friend has the perfect body - his torso is  slightly longer than his legs.  I convinced him to measure his sitting height for me once. The ratio came to 0.54%. 

I would never ever recommend going below 50% when it comes to sitting height. 51%, even.  My ratio is roughly 0.53% which is average for Caucasians.  I would never go below 51%.  I don't plan on doing so.

Red321
MMT Member

Credibility 10

Honesty is my only policy

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 10:51:51 PM »

I don't know any stigma against people who look short when they sit, and are average when they standup. I don't understand the reason to stay short, so you can be short both when you are sitting and standing. I think arm to body is way more important

Height: 170
Wingspan: 179
Weight:150 LBS/68 KG

I NEVER SAVED ANYTHING FOR THE SWIM BACK
Quixotic
MMT Adviser

Credibility 24

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2012, 10:59:22 PM »

I don't know any stigma against people who look short when they sit, and are average when they standup. I don't understand the reason to stay short, so you can be short both when you are sitting and standing. I think arm to body is way more important

It's nothing to do with sitting, it's to do with torso length.  Sitting height roughly equals subischial leg length taken away from total height, so is a pretty acurate decriptor for torso length.

Long legs are attractive. Having too long legs is unattractive. 

AsTallAsWomen
MMT Adviser

Credibility -137

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2012, 11:29:27 PM »

Well what is your sitting height?

Sitting height isn't 100% accurate, but it gives you a good idea of how much you can lengthen.  My friend has the perfect body - his torso is  slightly longer than his legs.  I convinced him to measure his sitting height for me once. The ratio came to 0.54%. 

I would never ever recommend going below 50% when it comes to sitting height. 51%, even.  My ratio is roughly 0.53% which is average for Caucasians.  I would never go below 51%.  I don't plan on doing so.

about 83cm, does that seem ok.

what is the ratio calculation?

Wingspan     = 167 cm

UK Caucasian Male.
AsTallAsWomen
MMT Adviser

Credibility -137

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2012, 11:34:48 PM »

wow ok that puts me at 50.5%, i must have that figure wrong, measuring sitting hieght is quite hard, ill try again later.

so does craig and apotheosis sitting height not matter since they became tall, what is their ratio now?

Wingspan     = 167 cm

UK Caucasian Male.
Quixotic
MMT Adviser

Credibility 24

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2012, 11:39:56 PM »

wow ok that puts me at 50.5%, i must have that figure wrong, measuring sitting hieght is quite hard, ill try again later.

so does craig and apotheosis sitting height not matter since they became tall, what is their ratio now?

I do believe Craig's is about 50% and he looks fine, and apotheosis' is 49.5%, however apotheosis looks especially fine because he is very tall now :') You should try to stay above 50% at all times.  Like I said, I rarely see people taller than me with smaller sitting heights than me.  I've become good at guessing people's ratios.  With mine being around 53% in the morning, I notice some people's ratios must be as high as 56% and as low as 50%, but never really above or below that bar a few exceptions I know of (my Indian friend has a ratio of 49% at 5'10", and he looks very leggy in person).

AsTallAsWomen
MMT Adviser

Credibility -137

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2012, 11:44:05 PM »

ok i think its more 86cms.

so that means i can only do one LL operation 6cms, putting me at 170cm with a 50.5% ratio?

Wingspan     = 167 cm

UK Caucasian Male.
AsTallAsWomen
MMT Adviser

Credibility -137

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2012, 11:49:22 PM »

not to mean to hijack the thread but here is a pic of me in underwear.

so are we to say that

if i made myself 2.5" taller I would look OK with 50.5% sitting height to leg ratio

but if i made myself 5" taller I would look bad at 48.5% sitting height to leg ratio

Thank you this means a lot to me, on this forum I hear conflicting information on proportions, would love to set the record straight to see what I can do!

Wingspan     = 167 cm

UK Caucasian Male.
AsTallAsWomen
MMT Adviser

Credibility -137

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2012, 11:50:46 PM »

ok on the 5" operation this assumes 2.5" per bone segment.

on that thought I guess I am quite "leggy" as is!

which isn't great for LL of course!

Wingspan     = 167 cm

UK Caucasian Male.
AsTallAsWomen
MMT Adviser

Credibility -137

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2012, 12:23:17 AM »

apotheosis said

"It is my belief that in the vast majority of LL cases that the length of the torso is not a factor at all. I've seen men who were 5' 1" who had a similar torso size to guys who were 6' 3". Torso length is highly overrated and highly obsessed about"

are you sure your thoughts do not conflict with his>

in his mockups he made himself 6 5 from a 5 7 frame and he had super long legs (he made his arms longer), yet he felt he looked OK.

and yes i realise the mockup was 6 5 but it doesn't really matter if it was 5 5 from a 4 7 frame

Wingspan     = 167 cm

UK Caucasian Male.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.