MMT Community
July 22, 2018, 10:59:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please spread the word and invite people from other Leg Lengthening forums to join us - this is a professionally-run forum and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening - all are welcome - there'll be no delays in signing-up either, unlike some other forums! Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A-Grow-Bics promises to add inches to your height - but is it a tall story?  (Read 19636 times)
Rogan
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« on: October 22, 2012, 09:36:52 PM »

Article from the Daily Mail (UK News Paper) today.

Wow only Ģ200 LOL...  Grin

A-Grow-Bics promises to add inches to your height - but is it a tall story?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2221332/A-grow-bics-promises-add-inches-height--tall-story.html#ixzz2A49SVsUS
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

It sounds ideal for short men like Simon Cowell and Jamie Cullum who may want to be taller than the ladies in their lives, while petite women such as Kylie Minogue and Lea Michele could ditch their sky-high heels if claims from a new gym class are true.

Fitness chain Gymbox say they can have developed a workout that guarantees to make you taller. They are so confident of their claim, they even offer money back to anyone who tries it and doesn't grow at least 2cm.

Fitness trainer Pierre Pozzuto developed the gym class which involves a mix of pilates, yoga, strengthening and speed work - plus a session on a scary-looking 15th century-inspired rack

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2221332/A-grow-bics-promises-add-inches-height--tall-story.html#ixzz2A49v4I6U
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Quixotic
MMT Adviser

Credibility 24

It's expensive, staying human.

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 09:49:50 PM »

My initial reaction is that this is a scam.  Another too good to be true scenario.  I'll look into it though, I live in London :')

Not getting my hopes up though Tongue Scientifically, this is impossible.

EDIT: and before you all hate on me, by 'scientifically' I mean to the information available to me and the general public, there is no suggestion that this is possible whatsoever :p
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 10:09:49 PM by Quixotic » Logged

Current height: 176.5cm
Sitting height: 93.25cm

Target height: 181.5cm
Shortlegs
MMT Contributor

Credibility 6

Hmm, how to get taller?

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 11:48:25 PM »

this is a scam for sure.
All of these stretching exercises only work if your growth plate is still open.
around7
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 16

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 12:16:26 AM »

this is a scam for sure.
All of these stretching exercises only work if your growth plate is still open.
But if you do Pilates, you gain 1 to 1,5 cm if you keep doing it. It happened to me. If you stop, in some months you lose the gain, but if you start again, the gain come back. So...
danielqjohnson
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 01:31:35 AM »

I see the daily mail is keeping up its commitment to quality journalism.
Shortlegs
MMT Contributor

Credibility 6

Hmm, how to get taller?

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 02:23:18 AM »

But if you do Pilates, you gain 1 to 1,5 cm if you keep doing it. It happened to me. If you stop, in some months you lose the gain, but if you start again, the gain come back. So...
exactly, its some sort of temporary height. The thing is the guy claimed that he grew two inches using his method. Streching could give you max 1,5 cms and it is not permanent. So this is just a big another big scam out there. If anyone want to get 1cm temporary height gain, you just need to hang yourself for like 10 minutes per day, everyday, you dont need that stretching machine which btw looks like a tool used for executing people in the medieval time lol
around7
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 16

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 05:00:24 PM »

exactly, its some sort of temporary height. The thing is the guy claimed that he grew two inches using his method. Streching could give you max 1,5 cms and it is not permanent. So this is just a big another big scam out there. If anyone want to get 1cm temporary height gain, you just need to hang yourself for like 10 minutes per day, everyday, you dont need that stretching machine which btw looks like a tool used for executing people in the medieval time lol
However, I donīt think you lose all your gain, because there is some calcification too, but we are talking about milimiters...
Transformer
MMT Contributor

Credibility 9

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 05:20:11 PM »

However, I donīt think you lose all your gain, because there is some calcification too, but we are talking about milimiters...

Come on now. I would expect your response from a newbie but for you to say there is calcification involved in this "stretching height increase exercise" makes me wonder if you learnt anything from your first LL.
around7
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 16

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 05:33:44 PM »

Come on now. I would expect your response from a newbie but for you to say there is calcification involved in this "stretching height increase exercise" makes me wonder if you learnt anything from your first LL.
Calcification on your backbone...(but just some mm). That is why some modern physios are using a machine to stretch your spine to release pressure between each vertebra... But donīt know exactly where the calcification is, bone or conjunctive tissue. It is a treatment for herniated disc, that is forever, you donīt need to release pressure every month, that is why there is a gain of milimiters, so of course this will not change your height. Got it? The same applies to Pilates.
Shortlegs
MMT Contributor

Credibility 6

Hmm, how to get taller?

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 05:52:07 PM »

We are talking about mms while the guy claimed he grew 2 inches.... So back to my conclusion this is just another claim lol. I have GT4I exercises which made me grew like 1 inch 3 years ago after a long period of time I had not grew even 1 mm. It is a really effective method if you put some efforts on it. I would have discovered that method long time ago, because 1 inch was all that I got since my growth plate closed a year after I practiced the exercises from that method  Cry. So yeah, for these stretching exercises, I think its only work with those who still have their growth plate open Wink. For people who are 20 and over, we can only look for LL as the only method for now  Grin Grin
xbcc
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 09:07:20 PM »

I think this actually works by correcting your posture,just like the kojima. non invasive lengthening clinic.

164.5 cm /5'5 living in The Netherlands
Armspan 172 cm
Sitting height back fully stretched 88 cm
arm length from bone to middlefinger 72.5 cm
elvergalarga
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2013, 03:47:04 AM »

so ones , train with grow bic taller?

Leatherneck0331
MMT Member

Credibility 0

Shorty 5' 4"

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2013, 08:43:58 PM »

Thank you so much for discussing this topic.  To think that I believed this cra*.  LL here I come in 2015 lol.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.