MMT Community
February 26, 2017, 02:37:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: NOTE: To see all of our content, and to be able to read the diaries and discussions threads, you must be a member and you must be signed-in or they will not show up.

Sign-up now - it's free and you'll have full access to all of our world-leading resources!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

The Make Me Taller (MMT) community forum provides free information about the only REAL way to become taller - elective leg lengthening (LL) surgery. This site contains detailed information, pictures, videos, diaries and personal accounts from people who have undergone cosmetic LL to become taller. We discuss the pros and cons of Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE and other methods. Please read our FAQs first before posting and enjoy your time here finding out how to become taller! Leg Lengthening is a serious endeavor, so do your research! You can also buy MMT's new book about LL called 'Inchworm' at Amazon!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Torso Length Doesn't Matter, But Arm Length Does  (Read 92885 times)
Quixotic
MMT Adviser

Credibility 24

It's expensive, staying human.

« Reply #100 on: January 02, 2013, 07:48:38 PM »

Yes, it is true. If you have a big fat butt you will have a higher sitting height than you will when you are skinny. If you are concerned about your sitting height, you can just get really fat and you will sit an inch or two higher.

This is true to some degree, but two inches? Nope. I've gone from 60kg to 73kg and my sitting height has changed at the most half a cm.  And even then I think that change is due to a cm of height gain in the past year. And I'm not saying anyone should be concerned about their sitting height in the sense that it's an aesthetic criterion - sitting height is a rough measure of torso length. It's good for judging the relative lengths of people's torsos whilst sitting down.

Current height: 176.5cm
Sitting height: 93.25cm

Target height: 181.5cm
Captain America
Medical Intellectual
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 143

AVDENTES FORTVNA IVVAT

« Reply #101 on: January 02, 2013, 08:02:17 PM »

Yes, it is true. If you have a big fat butt you will have a higher sitting height than you will when you are skinny. If you are concerned about your sitting height, you can just get really fat and you will sit an inch or two higher.

Ha, nice.

The strong man who has known power all his life, may lose respect for that power, but a weak man knows the value of strength, and knows... compassion.

Height: 168cm
Sitting height: 92cm
Arm span: 175cm
Knee height: 51.5cm
Buttock-knee length: 55.5cm
dice1985
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #102 on: January 03, 2013, 05:39:54 AM »

lol today i took the bus to the city a guy came on the bus with his gf he is at least 6'1 he was really skinny with long legs he just tall his gf is like 5'5 max with big ass when they sat the exact same setting height after that i have to agree 100% setting height have to do more with the weight and the ass end of the story .. i will never talk about setting height again or think about it .
MMT Adviser

Credibility 18

« Reply #103 on: January 03, 2013, 05:52:53 AM »

I too see dudes with very long legs. Well, not every day, but they're out there waiting to free you from obsession with proportions.  Cheesy

Height:           160-160.5 cm (5'3")
Wingspan:      169-170 cm (5'6.5"-5'7")
Ethnicity:        Caucasian

Avg. Male height in country: 177.6 cm (5'10")
Avg. Female height in country: 164 cm (5' 4.5")
Repelsteeltje
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2013, 09:11:33 PM »

lol today i took the bus to the city a guy came on the bus with his gf he is at least 6'1 he was really skinny with long legs he just tall his gf is like 5'5 max with big ass when they sat the exact same setting height after that i have to agree 100% setting height have to do more with the weight and the ass end of the story .. i will never talk about setting height again or think about it .

Well sitting height has definitely something to do with height... but the range is far much greater than most people think. Some examples:

When I go to school I take the bus and 70% of the time there is a guy with really long legs ( you can't really see it because he covers it really well ). The first time I walked next to him I felt really small ( he was about 6'2 or 6'3 ). The next time I saw him he was sitting and I had to sit next to him. And suddenly I got confused because he was at the same eye level as me ( maybe 1 or 2 cm above ). So I thought he must be sitting relaxed or something ( you know what I mean ). A few days later he was there again and I observed him a little bit and he was just sitting like me. Conclusion: This guy was about 20cm taller than me, still we had about the same sitting height.

Another person I see often in the bus is a little girl/(woman?) she is about 18-20 years. And I would say about 4'9 or 4'10 tall. So she is about 6-7 inches shorter than I am. But her sitting height was almost as tall as mine ( and I don't have an very small torso or something )

I know it is rare but there are definitely people who could have about the same sitting height like yours but are about 15-20cm taller.

Oh and I forgot to say that one of my best friends is 11cm taller than I am but we have the exact same torso length. He doesn't appear to have extremely long legs.
Quixotic
MMT Adviser

Credibility 24

It's expensive, staying human.

« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2013, 10:24:55 PM »

I'm not obsessed with proportions.  I know there are people who are 6'1"+ with length torso - does that mean I'm automatically going to lengthen to that? No.  I want to find out at which height my proportions will look best and see if extra height beyond that is worth the proportion sacrifice Smiley That's just me though

Current height: 176.5cm
Sitting height: 93.25cm

Target height: 181.5cm
dice1985
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #106 on: January 05, 2013, 03:18:11 AM »

Well sitting height has definitely something to do with height... but the range is far much greater than most people think. Some examples:

When I go to school I take the bus and 70% of the time there is a guy with really long legs ( you can't really see it because he covers it really well ). The first time I walked next to him I felt really small ( he was about 6'2 or 6'3 ). The next time I saw him he was sitting and I had to sit next to him. And suddenly I got confused because he was at the same eye level as me ( maybe 1 or 2 cm above ). So I thought he must be sitting relaxed or something ( you know what I mean ). A few days later he was there again and I observed him a little bit and he was just sitting like me. Conclusion: This guy was about 20cm taller than me, still we had about the same sitting height.

Another person I see often in the bus is a little girl/(woman?) she is about 18-20 years. And I would say about 4'9 or 4'10 tall. So she is about 6-7 inches shorter than I am. But her sitting height was almost as tall as mine ( and I don't have an very small torso or something )

I know it is rare but there are definitely people who could have about the same sitting height like yours but are about 15-20cm taller.

Oh and I forgot to say that one of my best friends is 11cm taller than I am but we have the exact same torso length. He doesn't appear to have extremely long legs.

it has more to do with the ass more than anything else , i notice that i have friend 5'11 skinnier than me with flat ass and his setting height is lower than me it's really simple if u want to increase ur setting height do ass job and get bubble butt , 90% of tall ppl tall cuz they have long legs i played soccer all my life and i have notice that and ppl have dif proportions i remember guy back home he is shorter than me and got a hands of a 6' man with normal wingspan wingspan does matter more than anything ..
RDenmark
MMT Contributor

Credibility 5

« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2013, 09:32:29 AM »

I sat next to a pretty tall guy in the bus. He had an INSANE long torso. He must have had a 105-110cm sitting height.
AsTallAsWomen
MMT Adviser

Credibility -137

« Reply #108 on: January 05, 2013, 10:02:49 AM »

I'm not obsessed with proportions.  I know there are people who are 6'1"+ with length torso - does that mean I'm automatically going to lengthen to that? No.  I want to find out at which height my proportions will look best and see if extra height beyond that is worth the proportion sacrifice Smiley That's just me though

yes but that is just you though.

the entire world is full of people with the same torso lengths and much longer/shorter legs as prooved by people on this forum, so you think those people look strange and out of proportion.

what matters is wingspan.

Height         = 164 cm (5' 4.5")
Wingspan     = 167 cm

UK Caucasian Male.
Avg. Male height in region 5' 9.5"
Avg. Female Height in region 5' 4.5"
MMT Adviser

Credibility 18

« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2013, 11:17:51 AM »

I sat next to a pretty tall guy in the bus. He had an INSANE long torso. He must have had a 105-110cm sitting height.

Perfect candidate for wrestling and swimming.

NBW
MMT Contributor

Credibility 8

« Reply #110 on: January 06, 2013, 05:58:14 AM »

Didn't know where else to post this but I'm quite happy today to discover I have the same torso length as a person who is 5'7" - 5'8".
I'm on the right in the first pic and left in the 2nd pic

Height:
Morning - 162cm
Night - 160cm
Wingspan: 167cm
MMT Adviser

Credibility 18

« Reply #111 on: January 06, 2013, 09:37:21 AM »

Same for me. Aftually, your torso is a little bit longer.

dice1985
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #112 on: January 08, 2013, 07:25:00 AM »

i found this very interesting ...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071123120222AA2ROlK
Andre01
MMT Member

Credibility -2

« Reply #113 on: June 27, 2013, 12:18:23 PM »

I think this might be useful

The tall's girls torso is about 3 inches longer than the other 3 guys. But overall height is up to 15 inches taller. Height is in the legs. 

If it was mostly in the torso then we would be stuck in the misserable short mens world. So looking at it from a "half full glass" point of view, whe should be thankful that LL is far less complicated than the impossible spinal lengthenning.

Cheers my fellow Short legged friends
Andre01
MMT Member

Credibility -2

« Reply #114 on: June 27, 2013, 12:57:58 PM »

If still concerned with ur sitting height, just get implants (hard silicone) between ur butt and thigh. This will surely solve ur sittting height issues. i reckon it could also help with skinner looking thighs cos believe it or not lengtheening thiings makes them look thin even after a full recovery.
TomD
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2013, 02:15:41 AM »

My legs are super short.

My inseam is 28 inches lol.

My height is 66 1/2 inches.
Sweden
Current recovery level: 82% and improving.
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

LL Fighter, prophet, expert, adviser, hero, LEGEND

« Reply #116 on: July 25, 2013, 07:04:09 AM »

Torso length does matter. When I sit down and compare myself to my friends - they're all taller than me. 

It will look very strange sitting down and be smaller than everybody but when standing up you're taller than your friends.
No AL can ever save you there.

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
Andre01
MMT Member

Credibility -2

« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2013, 12:26:52 PM »

there many different sitting positions. ppl dont care so much how tall u look when u r seated. u notice it bcos after LL, proportions* are always playing in ur head.

Its just like how u say ppl dont notice that u are now taller after ur surgery. PPl dont notice that u r taller as much as u think they will. Short ppl make up about 25% of the population. the other 75% are not short ie they are over 5'7 for males and they r not contantly thinking about height and proportions as much as short ppl!

Its probably another reason why ppl often leave this site after their LL. They dont want to be constantly bombarded* by things that make them self conscious about their LL and proportions. No one really gives a fuc* and in the grand scheme of things prportions r irrelevant.

Even if some low life looser who doesnt have better things to do notices that u r not proportional, remind ur self that proportional short is far worse than being unproportionally tall.

darkchylde
MMT Member

Credibility 2

Just like Claudia, only shorter :-)

« Reply #118 on: August 15, 2013, 05:00:27 AM »

One of my best friends is a really famous model and is 179cm. I am 165cm.
When we sit we are same height, but when we get up, I am totally overshadowed.
All her height is in her legs, which are gorgeous.
Her arms are much longer then mine too.
Hope that helps  Smiley
Andre01
MMT Member

Credibility -2

« Reply #119 on: August 15, 2013, 10:36:10 AM »

torso length matters. But wat matters even more is ur wingspan.

if u have long legs after ur LL ppl will only suspect something if u dont have the long arms to match.

Africans,  especially those from Sudan have short to average torsos but they are very very tall. No one ever points out that they r not porportional (except on sites like MMT) BECAUSE they have the arm lengths to match..

There is a guy at my work who is about my height (163cm) but has a ridiculously long torso. I always look at him and notice that he could easily add 12inches to his legs to match his torso. However he would then have baby arms on his new improved/taller frame.

Interestingly, africans with much shorter torsos than him look okay towering over him because their long arms complement their long legs.

A good example is  Jon Jones if u watch UFC
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.