MMT Community
June 28, 2017, 02:03:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Check out the new photos in the Proportions section, which include photos and videos of a lady who lengthened by a full 12cm walking and stretching, and a guy who did 8.8cm taking his first steps! Shocked Click Here!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

The Make Me Taller (MMT) community forum provides free information about the only REAL way to become taller - elective leg lengthening (LL) surgery. This site contains detailed information, pictures, videos, diaries and personal accounts from people who have undergone cosmetic LL to become taller. We discuss the pros and cons of Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE and other methods. Please read our FAQs first before posting and enjoy your time here finding out how to become taller! Leg Lengthening is a serious endeavor, so do your research! You can also buy MMT's new book about LL called 'Inchworm' at Amazon!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Torso Length Doesn't Matter, But Arm Length Does  (Read 98527 times)
Captain America
Medical Intellectual
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 143

AVDENTES FORTVNA IVVAT

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2012, 02:35:44 AM »

What is the general consensus on the maximum your height after leg lengthening can exceed your arm span while retaining some semblance of normalcy?

The strong man who has known power all his life, may lose respect for that power, but a weak man knows the value of strength, and knows... compassion.

Height: 168cm
Sitting height: 92cm
Arm span: 175cm
Knee height: 51.5cm
Buttock-knee length: 55.5cm
AsTallAsWomen
MMT Adviser

Credibility -137

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2012, 03:07:41 AM »

10 cm

but we have AL, so arguably we can be 15cm and then do 2.5cm AL later on.

Height         = 164 cm (5' 4.5")
Wingspan     = 167 cm

UK Caucasian Male.
Avg. Male height in region 5' 9.5"
Avg. Female Height in region 5' 4.5"
simple888
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2012, 03:09:12 AM »

I'm wondering, when you measure wing span is it from fingertip to fingertip or does it stop where your wrists end?

Also what is more important, arm length or width of shoulders?
Captain America
Medical Intellectual
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 143

AVDENTES FORTVNA IVVAT

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2012, 03:18:26 AM »

10 cm

but we have AL, so arguably we can be 15cm and then do 2.5cm AL later on.

Cool. I'll be ~8cm over @ 182cm.

The strong man who has known power all his life, may lose respect for that power, but a weak man knows the value of strength, and knows... compassion.

Height: 168cm
Sitting height: 92cm
Arm span: 175cm
Knee height: 51.5cm
Buttock-knee length: 55.5cm
Saturmin
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2012, 03:51:27 AM »

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143313523&page=1
An interesting discussion on wing span on a different forum.
Saturmin
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2012, 04:48:40 AM »

Another interesting picture, which shows arm length matters more than torso length.
NBW
MMT Contributor

Credibility 8

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2012, 09:39:02 AM »

More pics of different sized, height, race, everything.

All credit goes to Howard Schatz and Beverly Ornstein

Height:
Morning - 162cm
Night - 160cm
Wingspan: 167cm
lanquesnet
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2012, 12:49:18 PM »

Thanks for those pics man! I personally find them very interesting for those wondering about proportions. Smiley
Quixotic
MMT Adviser

Credibility 24

It's expensive, staying human.

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2012, 02:37:57 PM »

I think Wolf Wigo or Jonny moseley look ideally proportioned.  I certainly would want to be like them.

Current height: 176.5cm
Sitting height: 93.25cm

Target height: 181.5cm
MMT Adviser

Credibility 18

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2012, 03:04:51 PM »

screw proportion guys, lets discuss more important matters:
would you do her?
i certainly would  Shocked

hmmmm.....I'd fuc* her so hard she'd go to see a psychiatrist. Cheesy

Height:           160-160.5 cm (5'3")
Wingspan:      169-170 cm (5'6.5"-5'7")
Ethnicity:        Caucasian

Avg. Male height in country: 177.6 cm (5'10")
Avg. Female height in country: 164 cm (5' 4.5")
AsTallAsWomen
MMT Adviser

Credibility -137

« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2012, 04:28:06 PM »

I think Wolf Wigo or Jonny moseley look ideally proportioned.  I certainly would want to be like them.

Quixotic don't you think that sitting height now is not a factor any more?

does this not disprove your thoughts before hand.

Wingspan     = 167 cm

UK Caucasian Male.
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2012, 05:01:34 PM »

I think Wolf Wigo or Jonny moseley look ideally proportioned.  I certainly would want to be like them.

Compare Gary Hill to Jonny Moseley. There is a 7 inch difference between them, and it appears that 90% of that difference is Gary's very long femurs.
MMT Adviser

Credibility 18

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2012, 05:35:42 PM »

Today I saw a guy with a shorter torso than mine. He was sitting on a chair. When he stood up he was like 185 cm. So much for ideal proportions. Seriously why is it necessary to tell 5 times a day that torso length doesn't really matter??? I wonder how many guys decided to not lengthen their full potential just because their torso were not long enough.  Huh?

Height:           160-160.5 cm (5'3")
Wingspan:      169-170 cm (5'6.5"-5'7")
Ethnicity:        Caucasian

Avg. Male height in country: 177.6 cm (5'10")
Avg. Female height in country: 164 cm (5' 4.5")
Quixotic
MMT Adviser

Credibility 24

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2012, 06:16:36 PM »

Quixotic don't you think that sitting height now is not a factor any more?

does this not disprove your thoughts before hand.

Sitting height is a rough measure of torso length when no other information is available.  It IS useful.  It IS a factor because sitting height is just another measure of torso length, which does still matter if you want to look well proportioned.

When you're at a table with others, the only way you can measure their torsos in relation to you is via sitting height.  It's good in that respect Smiley

AsTallAsWomen
MMT Adviser

Credibility -137

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2012, 06:22:46 PM »

yes I realise its an accurate assessment if someone's torso length.

I meant that torso length/sitting height bares little correlation to your height.

as example two men can be sitting at a table, one 5 4, the other 6 4, and they have the same torso length/sitting height.

Wingspan     = 167 cm

UK Caucasian Male.
Quixotic
MMT Adviser

Credibility 24

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2012, 06:35:00 PM »

Of course though, you have to bear in mind certain things:

1) These people are the pinnacle of fitness.  They have very well-developed upper bodies.  If you hope to look as good as them, it's not just a case of having similar proportions, you have to have they're build and muscularity.  

2) Torso width is underrated.  It matters, more than length imo.  Some people simply don't have the bone structure of taller heights to reach.  Why am I pointing this out? Because there are some people who have naturally smaller bodies, narrower shoulders etc - and I would rather them stay within their limits and look very good at 5'8" than go overboard and lengthen to 6' or something where they'll just look like a bean pole.  I thought most people wanted to look more attractive and by being taller they hope to achieve that.  I know a fair % of you (including me) simply want to be taller Tongue but my argument is, wouldn't you rather look VERY good at an average height as opposed to look only good or ok and a higher height IF attractiveness is your aim.  

I've always said longer legs are more attractive on a man.  But there are proportion sweet-spots just like there are with heights.

for 75% of people this isn't an issue at all.  For me it is, which is why I'm so interested in proportions Smiley If proportions aren't an issue for you, ignore my posts about them Tongue

I could lengthen to a 6'1+ like apotheosis.  But I only want to get to 5'11".  Why? Because that extra increase in height is not worth it if I'm not well proportioned.  Just my view. Some people couldn't give a s***, and fair play to them Tongue

Quixotic
MMT Adviser

Credibility 24

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2012, 06:42:33 PM »

yes I realise its an accurate assessment if someone's torso length.

I meant that torso length/sitting height bares little correlation to your height.

as example two men can be sitting at a table, one 5 4, the other 6 4, and they have the same torso length/sitting height.

Yes, that maybe true and NORMAL, doesn't mean that either of them necessarily look perfect.  In this case, the 5'4" guy will most likely have short legs and the 6'4" guy long legs.  Two extremes, neither of which look inherently great, although subjectively, some people will like them. 

Regardless of this, yes torso height can be ignored for the most part for ll, but not for attractiveness. I've never said it matters in most cases if you want to look normal, but I have mentioned and I do maintain the belief that it IS a factor of attractiveness. 

AsTallAsWomen
MMT Adviser

Credibility -137

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2012, 06:50:02 PM »

hmmm ok.

well i was referring to the 5 3 girl and the 6 5 guy, there is 14" between them , 2" might be the head size but the other 12" is all leg.

yes I realise he had wide torso, but the other athletic people there, some of them have regular torso width, maybe they are well cut with 6-pack, but the natural torso width and bone structure is much the same.

it annoying that -ultimately -wingspan gets in the way.

Wingspan     = 167 cm

UK Caucasian Male.
Quixotic
MMT Adviser

Credibility 24

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2012, 07:23:22 PM »

hmmm ok.

well i was referring to the 5 3 girl and the 6 5 guy, there is 14" between them , 2" might be the head size but the other 12" is all leg.

yes I realise he had wide torso, but the other athletic people there, some of them have regular torso width, maybe they are well cut with 6-pack, but the natural torso width and bone structure is much the same.

it annoying that -ultimately -wingspan gets in the way.

I have a problem with wingspan too. People with broader shoulders have larger wingspans.  My wingspan is +6'1", but that's mostly because of my broad shoulders! I have the arms of someone who is 5'11" in reality. 

AsTallAsWomen
MMT Adviser

Credibility -137

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2012, 07:31:27 PM »

I don't think I have broad shoulders, but yeah its not really wingspan, its more arm length, but I'm not sure how we shoudl measure arm length and compare it to height.

would be nice to find out apotheosis arm length.

Wingspan     = 167 cm

UK Caucasian Male.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.