MMT Community
March 29, 2017, 03:12:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Tough love is the best love for people considering Leg Lengthening - the truth hurts, but it's important to be realistic Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

The Make Me Taller (MMT) community forum provides free information about the only REAL way to become taller - elective leg lengthening (LL) surgery. This site contains detailed information, pictures, videos, diaries and personal accounts from people who have undergone cosmetic LL to become taller. We discuss the pros and cons of Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE and other methods. Please read our FAQs first before posting and enjoy your time here finding out how to become taller! Leg Lengthening is a serious endeavor, so do your research! You can also buy MMT's new book about LL called 'Inchworm' at Amazon!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Torso Length Doesn't Matter, But Arm Length Does  (Read 94212 times)
Captain America
Medical Intellectual
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 143

AVDENTES FORTVNA IVVAT

« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2012, 07:11:10 PM »

Quixotic, I completely agree with you, we can not be perfectionists, but we can try to draw us as much as possible to perfection, a body must always be provided and pleasing to everyone, not just yourself, when you ll in warm , femora or both only make ourselves higher in view of the common people, but viewed under the microscope, we should not lose in any aspect ratio, people with short torso should aspire to no more than 5 to avoid being rare ctms , those having a long or very long torso can be operated both segments to which money and allow bone.
I personally only aspire to 6 CTMS in the warm, my torso is not very long, say it is normal, and indeed my height with LL quedaria for many in what is called a height of "little" man, but to my those 6 ctms mean glory.

A quixotic question, to this day, there is something we can do to achieve our torso stretch 1-2 CTMS?

A study by the University of Albany in the United States found that women subconsciously prefer men with long torsos and thin wrists as they inspire more confidence.
During the investigation it was revealed that women were more attracted to this type of man because they thought they were better candidates for long-term relationships.  But men with the opposite characteristics they felt they were more prone to gambling and sex without love.

To conduct this study, researchers merged pictures of the faces of 67 men and 82 women were asked to indicate heterosexual masculinity and how the merging attracted eight selected faces measuring 16 parts of the body (torso, hands, arms and other).  The result was clear.

Multiple studies have revealed the link between subconscious feminine lust and masculinity. The more masculine you are, the more sexually attracted a woman will be to you, especially during ovulation.

Women prefer more feminine and stable men throughout the rest of the month.

The correlation I draw from this regarding men is long legs = masculinity, long torso = femininity.

The strong man who has known power all his life, may lose respect for that power, but a weak man knows the value of strength, and knows... compassion.

Height: 168cm
Sitting height: 92cm
Arm span: 175cm
Knee height: 51.5cm
Buttock-knee length: 55.5cm
Fiveeight
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2012, 10:19:26 PM »

I paid close attention to the NFL show with Michael Strahan today (1.96m) , As he sat next to Howie Long (1.95m) and Jimmy Johnson (1.82m). Even though Strahan is taller than both of them, he was still a tad bit shorter than Johnson, and Long as they sat down. Obviously he has a short torso and very long legs. No one has ever said Strahan is out of proportion. We pay so much attention b/c we're doing LL, but its really a wide range of proportions to be in before you're seen as disproportionate or weird looking. I live in Miami and have many friends who are Haitian. Most Africans whose bloodlines are unmixed have much longer legs. Haitians have the purest African blood outside of Africa. Most of my Haitian friends have long legs, but none look disproportionate. and I only pay attention b/c I'm planning on getting LL.
Quixotic
MMT Adviser

Credibility 24

It's expensive, staying human.

« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2012, 10:29:18 PM »

I'm trying to upload images of the Actor David Hasselhof, the CTMS is like 1.95 or something, but according to the pictures I see he has very long legs and thin which makes it look a smaller torso for height has yet its appeal as an actor not change while he was young, while someone tells me how to upload photos or images can look for pictures or videos of David Hasselhof online to check the body type is that actor

David Hasselhof does not have a short torso.

Current height: 176.5cm
Sitting height: 93.25cm

Target height: 181.5cm
ProSioux
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2012, 11:55:42 PM »

man this is a great post. . . big relief the torso doesnt really matter that much. . . and i agree we give all that importance to the torso because we plan on LL. . .
leonard
MMT Contributor

Credibility 18

« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2012, 12:10:41 AM »

Hasselhoff is almost in "giant" territory and his torso isn't short. But I agree that his legs are long.

That fella looked good in the 80's...I always wanted long legs like him. I ended up with short legs- but LL next year will fix that once and for all  Cool
leonard
MMT Contributor

Credibility 18

« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2012, 12:27:47 AM »

So whats more important for a potential LLer in order  to look "good" or "more in proportion" if your wingspan will be  shorter by 5 cm than your  final height after LL.

2 Options:

1) To have broad athletic shoulders with shorter arms (not really short arms but not long either)

or

2) to have longer arms and narrow slender shoulders (non-athletic)

I would really appreciate  to hear your opinions on this matter guys

Thanks

Leonard
AsTallAsWomen
MMT Adviser

Credibility -137

« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2012, 12:31:33 AM »

Well I would assume the 2nd, which also defeats the idea that apotheosis looks so good 11cm taller yet I don't.

but I wouldn't confuse broad shoulder with a big build, they could be separate things.

so someone could have broad shoulders, short arms but a bid build or small build.

Height         = 164 cm (5' 4.5")
Wingspan     = 167 cm

UK Caucasian Male.
Avg. Male height in region 5' 9.5"
Avg. Female Height in region 5' 4.5"
leonard
MMT Contributor

Credibility 18

« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2012, 01:16:56 AM »

Not sure I agree AsTallAsThe AverageWoman.

Cause narrow slender shoulders makes a man look "petite" if you know what I mean...
Captain America
Medical Intellectual
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 143

AVDENTES FORTVNA IVVAT

« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2012, 01:50:45 AM »

My vote is for broad shoulders. Then again, I'm biased  Wink

The strong man who has known power all his life, may lose respect for that power, but a weak man knows the value of strength, and knows... compassion.

leonard
MMT Contributor

Credibility 18

« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2012, 02:16:15 AM »

So am I...  Kiss
Red321
MMT Member

Credibility 10

Honesty is my only policy

« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2012, 06:24:03 AM »

My vote is for broad shoulders. Then again, I'm biased  Wink

My vote is that if your TALL, broad shouldered and generally a BIG guy, no one who thinks your proportions are a little off would dare open their mouth  Grin

Height: 170
Wingspan: 179
Weight:150 LBS/68 KG

I NEVER SAVED ANYTHING FOR THE SWIM BACK
Captain America
Medical Intellectual
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 143

AVDENTES FORTVNA IVVAT

« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2012, 06:54:09 AM »

Amen brother.

leonard
MMT Contributor

Credibility 18

« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2012, 07:25:51 AM »

I am a big guy!  Cheesy  Well only my upper body is  Tongue

I have broad athletic shoulders (broader than many well built 5'10" guys)  so I hope I will look good going from 170 to 177.5 in my femurs.

Stadiometer
MMT Member

Credibility 83

Esquire "Esq."

« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2012, 11:13:43 PM »

In my previous posts I have pushed hard to emphasize the importance of a broad shouldered athletic build and deemphasize torso length and wingspan/arm length. The following is directly from Craig49's diary and is an excellent example of how the general public will view you post LL. Keep in mind Craig49 states above some of his photos that his height can be 188(cm) with footwear and his wingspan is 177.5(cm). 

I asked them all, "don't my arms look short?" 
"no, you are really wide"
"no, your arms are long and you are so tall" 
"You look really big, I can tell you have been working out."

Thanks Craig49. Excellent diary and all the best in your recovery.

U.S.A. Vital and Health Statistics (October 2012)
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/series/sr_11/sr11_252.pdf

U.S.A. Male
163.6(cm)05% 171.2(cm)25% 176.3(cm)50%  
181.7(cm)75% 185.8(cm)90% 188.3(cm)95%

U.S.A. Female
152.0(cm)05% 158.1(cm)25% 162.9(cm)50%
167.6(cm)75% 171.8(cm)90% 175.1(cm)95%
BtzLandLiberator
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2012, 12:52:12 AM »

It has been 5 months since I left Germany.  I can tell you that my broad shoulders helped me to hide the LL a lot.  Or I think they did, because surprisingly for me, until now NO ONE commented or noticed the extra 10cm. . . lol The most common comment I receive, by far, is that I'm "thinner" or "slimmer" now. 

One female friend of mine commented that I look stronger - this was the most puzzling comment of all, because I lost a lot of my upper body muscle during my stay in Germany.  I guess girls equate height with strength, even unconsciously. 

It was even more puzzling because this girl was slight shorter than me (she is 1,64cm, I was 1,65cm) and used to be taller than me with heels.  But she met me for dinner with heels, I was taller than her and she didn't say a thing.  If she noticed, she didn't show. 

leonard
MMT Contributor

Credibility 18

« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2012, 01:15:27 AM »

Thanks Stadiometer! Great quote from Craig49.

I really think it's true: Broad athletic build can hide what we are doing... People see a difference but they can't put their finger on it. I love it.

BtzLandLiberator:

I think this isa universal truth: " I guess girls equate height with strength, even unconsciously"

it is unconscious. Some decent girls will say: Your height doesn't matter. And she believes it. But unconsciously we shorter guys are seen as weaker. No matter how well built our upper bodies are.
Captain America
Medical Intellectual
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 143

AVDENTES FORTVNA IVVAT

« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2012, 05:42:18 AM »

Thanks Stadiometer! Great quote from Craig49.

I really think it's true: Broad athletic build can hide what we are doing... People see a difference but they can't put their finger on it. I love it.

BtzLandLiberator:

I think this isa universal truth: " I guess girls equate height with strength, even unconsciously"

it is unconscious. Some decent girls will say: Your height doesn't matter. And she believes it. But unconsciously we shorter guys are seen as weaker. No matter how well built our upper bodies are.

You got that to a T brother. So much of human perception is based on subconscious survival instincts. There is no greater metric for a man's strength and ability to provide and defend than his height.

cdog94544
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2012, 02:50:39 AM »

I would like to say thank you for this post.  I think really excellent points have been made.  I think I am a perfect candidate to lengthen to 6'2" like apotheosis.  7. 5cm on tibias and 5. 5cm on femurs would be perfect.  That is what I plan to do actually and everything I do is with that goal in mind.  My stats are:
Height: 175cm
Sitting height: 93cm
Wingspan: 191cm

I think hightening to 189cm would give me even better proportions than what I have naturally.  At that height I'd still be 2 cm less than my wingspan.  Right now I have overly long arms and short legs.  My older brother is 6'3".  I feel the rest of my body is that of a tall person just my legs came out short by random chance.
Repelsteeltje
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2012, 09:17:31 PM »

16cm taller wingspan than height? A little advice, go see the doctor or remeasure yourself...
Such a difference isn't naturally.

Also 93cm sitting height is pretty average for 175cm. You are having slightly shorter legs than average.
At 93cm sitting height your cosmetic maximum height should be 186cm.

I don't want to discourage you if your goal is to reach 189cm. But, my advice is to go for 186cm. The only real difference between 186cm and 189cm is that you would look better at 186cm. At 186cm you are already tall.
Quixotic
MMT Adviser

Credibility 24

It's expensive, staying human.

« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2012, 10:29:51 PM »

16cm taller wingspan than height? A little advice, go see the doctor or remeasure yourself...
Such a difference isn't naturally.

Also 93cm sitting height is pretty average for 175cm. You are having slightly shorter legs than average.
At 93cm sitting height your cosmetic maximum height should be 186cm.

I don't want to discourage you if your goal is to reach 189cm. But, my advice is to go for 186cm. The only real difference between 186cm and 189cm is that you would look better at 186cm. At 186cm you are already tall.

I think he measured his sitting height wrong.  My sitting height is 93 and my legs aren't short, they're averagely proportioned.

Current height: 176.5cm
Sitting height: 93.25cm

Target height: 181.5cm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.