MMT Community
December 12, 2017, 09:54:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: IMPORTANT: If you're new to Leg Lengthening, then Click Here! to start with our FAQs section, which contains the answers to all of the most common questions! You must read these important FAQs before posting new questions!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

The Make Me Taller (MMT) community forum provides free information about the only REAL way to become taller - elective leg lengthening (LL) surgery. This site contains detailed information, pictures, videos, diaries and personal accounts from people who have undergone cosmetic LL to become taller. We discuss the pros and cons of Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE and other methods. Please read our FAQs first before posting and enjoy your time here finding out how to become taller! Leg Lengthening is a serious endeavor, so do your research! You can also buy MMT's new book about LL called 'Inchworm' at Amazon!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Torso Length Doesn't Matter, But Arm Length Does  (Read 108657 times)
Body Builder
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 121

« Reply #160 on: October 20, 2014, 10:28:53 PM »

It's good to finally see the unicorn in person and realize that all of the tall about torso length is bunk. 99% of the people in the world will not notice your arm length either. Height is far more important in the grand scheme of things.
I completely agree.
That's why I believe that it is insane for someone to do arm lengthening. Noone will mention it people!

ps Citizen Kane is my favorite movie of all time.

live strong
wish177
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #161 on: April 09, 2015, 07:39:12 PM »

Wingspan matters folks. There is no point in denying it. Wingspan 15 cm below height will look odd to a certain extent. To go 10-11 cm above wingspan is really max in my opinion without considering arm lengthening

Leonard

I can't see why
BelowTheMean
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #162 on: April 12, 2015, 04:13:23 AM »

I've been doing a lot of research on the golden ratio, and I have a very proportionate body mathematically. But I'm still going to get LL since it doesn't throw it off that much..
Rains
MMT Member

Credibility 1

Jailbreak Karma

« Reply #163 on: April 12, 2015, 09:46:41 AM »

As long as you're not fat you're within the proportionate range. Although I did see some Asian guys with extreme short arms but long torso which is bad for LL purpose.
srimech123
MMT Member

Credibility 6

Hi, nice to meet you!

« Reply #164 on: April 13, 2015, 04:57:00 AM »

I always worried about my torso length lately, but now I am more relieved that armspan matters. My wingspan is 5'10, which is enough for 3 more inches as there are people out there who naturally have a negative ape index.

I have always been told that I have perfect proportions where I currently stand, but maybe it's just perceptions as I am close to 5'10 with trainers on. I also think that if you wear your trousers higher than most people, you will be perceived to have longer legs.

Another thing I wondered was why it's possible to lengthen tibias, femurs and the humerus, but not the forearms.

173cm (5'8") tall at the moment, hoping to be at least 180cm (5'11") tall quite soon (or 6'1" at most).   Saving money for my first LL surgery!
MAXIMIZE
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #165 on: April 15, 2015, 08:07:06 PM »

The other factor no one talks about is bone width/thickness.

I am 5'7. 5" tall and have a 5'11. 5".  Yet anything more than 2. 5" lifts look ridiculous on me because (1) I already have long legs, and (2) My wrists and ankles are tiny.  I have thinner wrists than most girls (small bone structure).

I look like I'm on stilts past 5'10" and it looks unnatural.

Works fine for me.  I just want 2. 5" tibial lengthening and then I'm done.
ilizarovgirl
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 12

Sky's the limit so I am reaching for the stars.

« Reply #166 on: June 19, 2015, 05:37:14 PM »

In my opinion torso length does matter because in some cases person may have long torso/short legs.  In this case +15/+20 cm may still look really good.  Also clothing can help cover up disproportions if they exist.  Unless you suffer from achondroplasia arm lengthening is stupid move.

start height: 151cm(4'11.5")
03/07/2009-30/03/2010 Ilizarov frames on tibias,+10cm

current height: 161cm(5'3.5")
31/03/2015-26/06/2015 Ilizarov on the right foot, club foot correction

desired height: 171cm(5'7.5")
Ken
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #167 on: July 15, 2016, 05:15:00 PM »

@sysop

How much do you lengthen your arms?

Totall;
Totally;
bossrow
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #168 on: January 08, 2017, 10:15:37 AM »

it doesn't matter my torso length if I expect to grow (naturally as a teen)?
My sitting height was my bet to get more height bcs is below average but the only thing that matters is my wingspan?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.