MMT Community
April 27, 2017, 08:30:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Please spread the word and invite people from other Leg Lengthening forums to join us - this is a professionally-run forum and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening - all are welcome - there'll be no delays in signing-up either, unlike some other forums! Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your Height? What is your future height?, Where are you going?, Method?  (Read 150127 times)
Genaveive
MMT Member

Credibility 12

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2006, 07:47:05 PM »

Height: 5'2.5
Future Height: 5'5.5 if just one surgery, 5'7-5'7.5 if two
Where: I don't know, but top choices: Germany, France.
U.S. if I won the lottery, lol
Method: Some type of internal for femurs. undecided for tibias

Can someone explain to me exactly what mid-thigh is, lol. I can't tell where my arms land.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 09:07:18 PM by Genaveive » Logged
SabrinaUK
MMT Member

Credibility 20

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2006, 09:30:07 PM »

Current Height: 5' 2.5
Future Desired Height: 5' 8"
Where: China
When: August
How:  External methords.
dreamgirl
n00b

Credibility 3

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2006, 07:08:56 AM »

Hey CBick,

"The only question is how far your willing to go to acheive that perfect proportion again."

I have always known exactly what I wanted in regards to additional height.  I don't think that I would go overboard.  I would like to be no more than 5'6"-5'7" in height, so I don't look out of proportion for my torso, and I don't want to be TALL, just taller.

And if I could gain 1.5 to 2 inches on my arms that would make my fingertips reach just above mid-thigh, which seems to be a normal length and proprtion form all of the pictures I've seen and is consistant with my own personal research of normal people as well as tall people.  On most people, the top thumb knuckle is level with the crotch if you look at them dead on.  Then their fingers fall below that, some to the upper part of the thigh, some as low as mid thigh.  Right now my fingertips are level with the bottom of my torso, or even with crotch level if you look dead on. Much shorter than average.

But again, I wouldn't even be considering it if it wasn't such a nuiscance for me just in my everyday life.  Now do I feel a little guilty for indulging in this fantasy when I know there are "Little people" out there who really have challenges because of their height and their limb lengths?  Yes, I do.  Sometimes I think that since I am pretty, I should just be happy with that. 

But I can't get this desire out of my head.  Especially now that I know there is a way to make my dream come true out there.  I really wish that there were Doctors in the US who would do the surgery for cosmetic purposes. 
dreamgirl
n00b

Credibility 3

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2006, 07:27:16 AM »

Hey Genavieve,

I assume you were referring to something I said about arm length.  I have noticed that most people's fingertips, especially the "beautiful" people you see in celebrity magazines and on tv, reach to about mid-thigh.  All I mean by that is that if you can look at someone standing fairly straight, look at where either their wrists, the top knuckle on the thumb, or at the fingertips (if they are fairly stretched out), you'll notice that most of the time their fingers reach past their crotch level and slightly down the length of their thighs. 

If their fingers are somewhat curled and you can't tell exactly where their fingers reach, I look at the wrist or the thumb knuckle and can estimate whether their fingers reach just to crotch level or past it, down to mid-thigh level.

Does that make any sense?  I know it's sort of anal to be so picky.  But the reason I began looking at this is because it baffled me why some petite people look taller than others in pictures.  Again, look at Eva Longoria, Shania Twain. Before I found out her real height I thought she was 5' 6" or 5' 7".  But she is really only around 5'3" or 5'4".  Eva is only about 5'2" and they pass her off in the series as a former supermodel! They are both very petite, but their arms do not look short or stumpy.  So it seems to me that no matter how short you are, if your arms are in proportion to your torso or even if they are a little long, this works to your advantage because it will make you appear taller or at least well proportioned.  If your fingertips reach the mid-thigh level, or even close to that, you will look taller in pictures. 

Again, I noticed that if the arms are short, you will look shorter in pictures.  Having shorter arms also limits what kind of shirts and sleeve styles that girl can wear successfully.  I have to wear short sleeves, almost a cap sleeve, because a regular short sleeve shirt will almost reach my elbow because my arms are so short.
Genaveive
MMT Member

Credibility 12

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2006, 05:36:56 PM »

:praise: I am totally with you. I, too am obsessed with arm length, and feel it is an important factor in determining how someone "looks" in terms of height. My confusion was where the thigh actually starts and ends, meaning I didn't understand midthigh, lol. My arms seem to go past my midthigh. I think my longer, thin looking arms give the illusion of more height, and I am fairly confident I can acheive substantial gain with LL even if my new height will exceed my armspan. Although my forearms seems to be slightly lacking, (the top portion of my arms are what seem to be long) but since it's not terribly noticible and they are thin, I won't dwell on it.

I thought the same about Shania and Eva too! Actually, did you know people are thinking Eva is more like 5'0-5'1? (Celebheights.com is pretty interesting.) I think her listed height of 5'2 is a bit of an exaggeration that many celebs do. But she gets away with it because of her build... playing a former high fashion model on DH is nearly believable! Same with Shania, Fergie, and a host of of celebs that look taller than they are.

Hey Genavieve,

I assume you were referring to something I said about arm length.  I have noticed that most people's fingertips, especially the "beautiful" people you see in celebrity magazines and on tv, reach to about mid-thigh.  All I mean by that is that if you can look at someone standing fairly straight, look at where either their wrists, the top knuckle on the thumb, or at the fingertips (if they are fairly stretched out), you'll notice that most of the time their fingers reach past their crotch level and slightly down the length of their thighs. 

If their fingers are somewhat curled and you can't tell exactly where their fingers reach, I look at the wrist or the thumb knuckle and can estimate whether their fingers reach just to crotch level or past it, down to mid-thigh level.

Does that make any sense?  I know it's sort of anal to be so picky.  But the reason I began looking at this is because it baffled me why some petite people look taller than others in pictures.  Again, look at Eva Longoria, Shania Twain. Before I found out her real height I thought she was 5' 6" or 5' 7".  But she is really only around 5'3" or 5'4".  Eva is only about 5'2" and they pass her off in the series as a former supermodel! They are both very petite, but their arms do not look short or stumpy.  So it seems to me that no matter how short you are, if your arms are in proportion to your torso or even if they are a little long, this works to your advantage because it will make you appear taller or at least well proportioned.  If your fingertips reach the mid-thigh level, or even close to that, you will look taller in pictures. 

Again, I noticed that if the arms are short, you will look shorter in pictures.  Having shorter arms also limits what kind of shirts and sleeve styles that girl can wear successfully.  I have to wear short sleeves, almost a cap sleeve, because a regular short sleeve shirt will almost reach my elbow because my arms are so short.
GB01
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2006, 04:30:06 AM »

Current Height: 5' 2.5
Future Desired Height: 5' 8"
Where: China
When: August
How:  External methords.

That is almost 14 cm. If that's all done on the shins, that would be quite a bit. Would you be willing to have surgery on the uppers too, so that the extra height is divided between upper & lower?

IMK
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2006, 08:58:56 AM »

Current Height: 5'1
Future Desired Height: 5' 4"
Where: Beijing, China
When: Spring 2009/2010 (if I can graduate early)
How:  Dr. Xia's method

joshgd4
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2006, 08:42:56 PM »

Current= 5'5"
Desired= ~5'9"
Method= External over nail
When= ASAP hopefully '08
Where= Prefer US, can afford Beijing.  MMT's Beijing experiences are encouraging.
Why= I only get one shot at this life, my height bothers me, so why not change it.  Falls into the self confidence category.

Fingers crossed for '08....till then I'll keep reading the diaries of others.

leelee
MMT Member

Credibility 11

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2006, 09:00:01 AM »

Kaper7 and Stern:

I'm plan on getting both femurs and tibia done (for total of 12-14 cm) via internal method. Kaper7, you mentioned you met with Dr. Guichet (Albizzia) and Stern you had internals done.  Would you mind contacting me so I can find out more about your experiences?  Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 08:18:06 AM by leelee » Logged
sandy0003
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2007, 04:18:19 PM »

present height: 5'' feet
future height: 5'3 or 5'4
where:  probably china because im from the philippines
though  i really have a very petite frame not exactly sure if 4 inches would look ok to me
jfk
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2007, 03:29:06 PM »

present height: 5'' feet
future height: 5'3 or 5'4
where:  probably china because im from the philippines
though  i really have a very petite frame not exactly sure if 4 inches would look ok to me
jfk
height 5.5
future height 5.8
where: serbia in April
someone is going to serbia in that time,,, we can arrange to rent some flat....
thenewguyhope
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2007, 04:43:35 AM »

present height: 170 cm (5'7")
future height: ~182cm (5'11"-6'0")
where: most likely serbia within the next 3 yrs
femur & tibia 5-6 cm each? i figure if the recommended max is 7-8cm and i wanna be more on the safe side so i can still remain athletic, going a bit less helps maintain bone strength consistency
Kaboo
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2007, 04:11:30 PM »

present height: 171 cm
future height: 178 - 180 cm
where: Huh?
when: Huh?
Tempest
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2007, 07:30:20 PM »

Present height:  5'0.5"
Future height:  5'6"
Where and how:  Beijing (Dr. Xia's method) for tibias = 8 cm; Kiev Ukraine (Dr. Dragan's method) for femurs = 7 cm
When:  2011 (gotta finish school and save up)
Why:  All my life I've always been the most petite out of everyone I know, so needless to say my height REALLY bothers me.  It is such a big letdown riding out puberty only to end up being this tall.  Hell, I remember being in high school and not even caring if my boobs ever grew as long as I wasn't considered "short" anymore.  Angry
MMTA
Former Site Admin
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2007, 07:35:52 PM »

Where and how:  Beijing (Dr. Xia's method) for tibias = 8 cm; Kiev Ukraine (Dr. Dragan's method) for femurs = 7 cm
Why:  All my life I've always been the most petite out of everyone I know, so needless to say my height REALLY bothers me.  It is such a big letdown riding out puberty only to end up being this tall.  Hell, I remember being in high school and not even caring if my boobs ever grew as long as I wasn't considered "short" anymore.  Angry

Hi Tempest!

Out of interest, how tall are your parents and your siblings?

Tempest
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2007, 09:41:30 PM »

Hi Tempest!

Out of interest, how tall are your parents and your siblings?

My mom is 5'3", my dad is 5'7" and my younger brother is 5'9.5".  So yea, if genetics alone is indicative of height, based on just how tall my family members are, I should AT LEAST be as tall as my mom.  But that's not even the case  Undecided

Which brings me to this point - BOTH genetics and nutrition play an important role in determining one's height.  There was a thread (I think it was titled 'Which Do You Think Is The Best Place In The World Do Get LL?' under 'Height Enhancement Polls and Surveys'),  and the majority of the people who've posted in it were arguing which plays a more influential role in regards to height.  I am a walking example that both factors are equally as important.  Don't wanna really get into too much detail so to summarize, I basically had some nutrition problems when I was younger, while my brother did not, who in addition, had a very good appetite growing up.  Cut to several years later and he ends up being 9 inches taller than me, while I'm not even at least eye level with my mother.

Sorry for the rant - I know it doesn't belong in this specific thread but it's kinda been grating on my nerves when I was reading the opinions of those in the other board who think genetics alone is the main determinant for how tall we are.  I just had to let it out.  Wink   Hopefully, my doing this do not inspire those who were posting on the other topic to revisit this argument again  ::hint hint::
MMTA
Former Site Admin
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2007, 10:17:09 PM »

Hi Tempest,

Don't worry, the trolls who believed that nutrition didn't have a role to play were beaten into submission - you're a clear example of its impact.

I hope that you continue to share your views with us and hang out in the forum while you're getting ready for your journey - a lot can happen in four years and many of the techniques could well improve when you're ready to go Smiley

essence
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2007, 11:31:32 PM »

hi first I will like to congratulate everyone that's already been through this LL process, and also thank you for providing us with all info.

my height: just over 5.1
desired height: 5.4 or 5.5
place for surgery: not decided yet
method: prefer internal

thank you
Dashtoronto
MMT Member

Credibility -12

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2007, 03:45:26 AM »

Which brings me to this point - BOTH genetics and nutrition play an important role in determining one's height.  There was a thread (I think it was titled 'Which Do You Think Is The Best Place In The World Do Get LL?' under 'Height Enhancement Polls and Surveys'),  and the majority of the people who've posted in it were arguing which plays a more influential role in regards to height.  I am a walking example that both factors are equally as important.  Don't wanna really get into too much detail so to summarize, I basically had some nutrition problems when I was younger, while my brother did not, who in addition, had a very good appetite growing up.  Cut to several years later and he ends up being 9 inches taller than me, while I'm not even at least eye level with my mother.

... when I was reading the opinions of those in the other board who think genetics alone is the main determinant for how tall we are.  I just had to let it out.  Wink   Hopefully, my doing this do not inspire those who were posting on the other topic to revisit this argument again  ::hint hint::

Actually. You're correct. Genetics and Nutrition do play a very powerful role on the natural height you end up with, for life. But, surprise surprise. There's ANOTHER factor now that determines your adult height. The amount of exercise you have while you're growing up, before your growth plates lock up. Apparently, I was led to believe. And I am flabbergasted that I had to be told this, while I was growing up, in my teens. I was told that "if you lift weight, it can stunt your growth." Which is the biggest crock of shi* in the world. The fact is, if you lift weight and exercise heavily regularly, while growing, in your teens, you can actually gain a significant taller stature. Because you're stimulating the release of MORE growth hormones into your body, as the long bones in your legs, arms and all over are still growing. So you could end up being 6 ft tall, when your tallest parent is only 5'5. If only they could've been told me that if I lift weight, it can increase my growth." But I'm not sure if that would've been enough to encourage me to exercise in my teens.

But lo and behold, its not only Nutrition and Genetics that influence the adult height you end up with. But its the exercising and physical acitveness, before your growth plates lock up that also effects your growth. Due to the release of GROWTH HORMONES into your body, influencing the length and growth of your bones and ultimately, your height.
EnglishFemale
LL Trooper
MMT Member

Credibility 15

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2007, 08:22:34 AM »

Present Height: 138cm
Future Height: 153cm (Not a chance!)
Method: External

Im beginning to doubt whether it would be worth going through all the pain etc, to still be considered very short and I know that I won't be lengthened by 15cm. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.