MMT Community
January 22, 2017, 02:20:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS! Please make sure that you only post general questions on the 'General Questions' board or you'll get a lot of flames - and make sure you read the FAQs and DIARIES first Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Height Survey - Is 6' the perfect height?  (Read 83713 times)
AsTallAsWomen
MMT Adviser

Credibility -137

« on: January 02, 2013, 06:59:45 AM »

I wouldn't want to be 6' 2", that is the 95th percentile, too tall for a a lot of women

give me 5' 11.5" (75th percentile) any day of the week, that is 100% optimum height for girls 4 11 - 5 8.

I don't even care much for taller girls 5 9+, too tall they look more like men than girls.

Height         = 164 cm (5' 4.5")
Wingspan     = 167 cm

UK Caucasian Male.
Avg. Male height in region 5' 9.5"
Avg. Female Height in region 5' 4.5"
TheGreatOne
Banned
MMT Member

Credibility 87

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 06:29:26 PM »

I wouldn't want to be 6' 2", that is the 95th percentile, too tall for a a lot of women

give me 5' 11.5" (75th percentile) any day of the week, that is 100% optimum height for girls 4 11 - 5 8.

False. Women love men over 6 feet tall. Here's two questiona asked about the subject on Yahoo answers:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080106023301AAKI1ga

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080917121607AAnnhOq

I think 6' 2" the the height requirement for top male modeling agencies.

I don't even care much for taller girls 5 9+, too tall they look more like men than girls.

As for women over: most models are over 5' 10". They only look like men to you because you're constantly looking up at them. You'll change you tune when you're near my height. Trust me.
leonard
MMT Contributor

Credibility 18

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 07:12:47 PM »

TheGreatOne: Are you only into models or what??

So you think you have to be over 6 feet to score hot women?

Please. And Yahoo answers? Are you kidding? These polls are useless for most questions... Plus many mention "taller than me" or 5'10" to 6'2

The only thing I 100 % agree is that while 5'8" is not a bad height at all it isn't an ideal height in some circumstances.

TheGreatOne
Banned
MMT Member

Credibility 87

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 07:25:19 PM »

TheGreatOne: Are you only into models or what??

Never said that and no.

So you think you have to be over 6 feet to score hot women?

Never said that and I've attracted good looking women at my height, but it could be better.

Please. And Yahoo answers? Are you kidding? These polls are useless for most questions... Plus many mention "taller than me" or 5'10" to 6'2

A survey is a survey. Many have said between 6' 0" and 6' 5" so that disproves AsTallAsTheAverageWoman's theory that 6' 2" is too tall. I'm pretty certain women go for men over 6 feet tall judging from my tall friends' experiences.

The only thing I 100 % agree is that while 5'8" is not a bad height at all it isn't an ideal height in some circumstances.

I agree. It could be worse. The way I see it, I'm spending lots of money and enduring months of excruciating pain to be taller, so I'm might as well aim for my ideal perfection while I'm at it. I also have very tall friends and I still feel short around then in my 2" lifts. Two surgeries is the only way to overcome this insecurity.[/quote]
AsTallAsWomen
MMT Adviser

Credibility -137

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 05:35:51 PM »

Never said that and I've attracted good looking women at my height, but it could be better.

A survey is a survey. Many have said between 6' 0" and 6' 5" so that disproves AsTallAsTheAverageWoman's theory that 6' 2" is too tall. I'm pretty certain women go for men over 6 feet tall judging from my tall friends' experiences.

I agree. It could be worse. The way I see it, I'm spending lots of money and enduring months of excruciating pain to be taller, so I'm might as well aim for my ideal perfection while I'm at it. I also have very tall friends and I still feel short around then in my 2" lifts. Two surgeries is the only way to overcome this insecurity.

http://bodylanguageproject.com/articles/tallmen.htm

Interestingly, there seems to be a "ceiling effect" where tall males (over 6 feet) suffer a decrease in fitness. That is, women tend to find extremely tall men less attractive. This has been noted by several researchers.

Women tend to prefer men of a medium stature over really tall men or really short men. In a study by Graziano et. al. (1978) similar results showed that...

...men of medium height (5'9"- 5'11") were rated as more attractive over taller men (6'2"- 6'4"), regardless of the height of the women (4'10"- 6'1").

This means that if you aren't average, or slightly above average, then you are going to have to work hard to attract mates.

and also on 5 10 women, I don't look up to them that much, there isnt that many of them, 5 2 women will de-select a 6 2 male over a 6 0 male fast, the difference between 6 0 and 6 2 is small and statistically proven, worse than, 6 0.

its more that you think "things will be better" at 6 2 over 6 0, really they wont.

In a study by Hensley (1994), women most preferred a man who was 6ft tall

In a study by Cameron (1978), 100% of the women advertised the desire to date a man who was 4 inches taller than themselves.*

see, it said 4", not 14"!, that IS overkill, what if you meet a 5 0 female at 6 2?, there are more 5 0 females than there are 5 10 females!

----

The study's participants were men between the ages of 25 and 60 years. Men who had fathered at least one child had an average height of 172 centimetres (5' 8"), three centimetres taller than the average childless man. While it was irrelevant whether the men were married or not, it is interesting to note that, on the whole, bachelors were slightly shorter than married men.

---

this shows you are quite well off at 5 8, and really beyond 6 0 it not really needed.

did you not also watch the 20/20 report on dating, 2 girls wanted the 5 10 guy, 1 wanted the 6 1 guy, no girl wanted the 6 4 guy.

seriously who cares about our height beyond 5 10 to warrant going through LL? or even 6 0, at 6 0 I wouldn't want to be taller, even if LL was free!

Stats from dating sites(who gets most messages)

5'8 - 44%
5'9 - 58%
5'10 - 79%
5'11 - 89%
6'0 - 96%
6'1 - 82%   
6'2 - 80%   

6'3 - 67%
6'4 - 54%

« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 06:29:50 PM by AsTallAsWomen » Logged

Wingspan     = 167 cm

UK Caucasian Male.
TheGreatOne
Banned
MMT Member

Credibility 87

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 07:36:07 PM »

http://bodylanguageproject.com/articles/tallmen.htm

This means that if you aren't average, or slightly above average, then you are going to have to work hard to attract mates.

and also on 5 10 women, I don't look up to them that much, there isnt that many of them, 5 2 women will de-select a 6 2 male over a 6 0 male fast, the difference between 6 0 and 6 2 is small and statistically proven, worse than, 6 0.

its more that you think "things will be better" at 6 2 over 6 0, really they wont.

I'm not getting my legs sawed in half just for women, I want to be as tall as my friends too and it'll make me more intimidating - I just want to be a big f*cker with big muscles and that's I'm going to do irrespective of your opinion. Also, I'm attracted to tall women because of their long legs. After my first surgery later this year (hopefully), I'll be slightly over 5' 11 and I'll test out my physical attraction then. I won't have the money for a second surgery for another few years, so I'll have plenty of time to decide.

In a study by Hensley (1994), women most preferred a man who was 6ft tall

In a study by Cameron (1978), 100% of the women advertised the desire to date a man who was 4 inches taller than themselves.*

see, it said 4", not 14"!, that IS overkill, what if you meet a 5 0 female at 6 2?, there are more 5 0 females than there are 5 10 females!

Even at 5' 8" I'm not interested in 5' 0" females; they're too short, it hurts your neck kissing them when standing up and I don't want my daughters to be short because of her genetics.

The study's participants were men between the ages of 25 and 60 years. Men who had fathered at least one child had an average height of 172 centimetres (5' 8"), three centimetres taller than the average childless man. While it was irrelevant whether the men were married or not, it is interesting to note that, on the whole, bachelors were slightly shorter than married men.

---

this shows you are quite well off at 5 8, and really beyond 6 0 it not really needed.

No it doesn't.

did you not also watch the 20/20 report on dating, 2 girls wanted the 5 10 guy, 1 wanted the 6 1 guy, no girl wanted the 6 4 guy.

seriously who cares about our height beyond 5 10 to warrant going through LL? or even 6 0, at 6 0 I wouldn't want to be taller, even if LL was free!

Stats from dating sites(who gets most messages)

5'8 - 44%
5'9 - 58%
5'10 - 79%
5'11 - 89%
6'0 - 96%
6'1 - 82%   
6'2 - 80%   

6'3 - 67%
6'4 - 54%

Yeah I seen the website before the last someone mentioned height to me on here, I'm not sure if it was you or not.

Firstly, the tall guys on that report were ugly as f*ck from what I can remember.

Secondly, those statistics you posted still favour the 6' 2" man over the 5' 10" man by 1%, so not only do I get more women, I get a better view at concerts because I'm 6' 2".

Thirdly, those studies say they were carried out in 1994 and 1978 1994 was nearly 20 years ago, the human race has grown since then and I won't even bother addressing the 1978 study.

Seriously:

Current height: 5' 8" = not happy
Height in lifts: 5' 10" = slightly happy
Height after one surgery: 5' 11 = unknown

I'm doing external tibiae first because I don't have much money. When I come back from India, I'll need to raise at least $30,000 for internals, so I'll have plenty of time to test out 5' 11" because it'll take me about two year to raise that kind of money.

AsTallAsWomen
MMT Adviser

Credibility -137

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 07:47:44 PM »

yeah the 1978 one was the 4" one one.

but people have not grown since 1994, maybe by 0.5",

on 20/20 report, well the 5 10 guy was good looking, the 6 1 was below average in looks, but I don't see why beyond 6 0 would matter so much?

but your wingspan, you can't really go above 6 0 anyway!

I respect your decision, but although 6 2 is 1% better than 5 10 (rofl @ 1%) 6 0 is clearly much better than either.

but if your reasoning behind wanting 6 2 over 6 0 is

1. "a better view at concerts" and
2. "you don't want to date short girls",

then yes that is a good reason to be 6 2 over 6 0, but i just don't see why you hate you're height soo much as mention'd
before.

how can someone only be "slightly happy" at 5 10! surely you must see truck loads of guys shorter than you, and you are surrounded by girls 5" shorter than you?

Wingspan     = 167 cm

UK Caucasian Male.
TheGreatOne
Banned
MMT Member

Credibility 87

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 09:38:57 PM »

yeah the 1978 one was the 4" one one.

but people have not grown since 1994, maybe by 0.5",

on 20/20 report, well the 5 10 guy was good looking, the 6 1 was below average in looks, but I don't see why beyond 6 0 would matter so much?

A lot of my friends are over 6' 0" and I'm fed up of looking up at them. Plus, if I get into a fight with a 6' 5" guy, being 6' 2" would be a better advantage than being 5' 11. I'm joining a mixed martial art sport when I come back and I'd like to have a height and wingspan advantage. I'll know then if I need to go for second surgery.

I've probably explained this to you several times over, but I guess you have some sort of neurological disorder that prevents you from understanding other people's signals and messages, like autism or something.

but your wingspan, you can't really go above 6 0 anyway!

I can always get them lengthened. I did a mock-up and I don't look too bad.

I respect your decision, but although 6 2 is 1% better than 5 10 (rofl @ 1%) 6 0 is clearly much better than either.

but if your reasoning behind wanting 6 2 over 6 0 is

1. "a better view at concerts" and
2. "you don't want to date short girls",

then yes that is a good reason to be 6 2 over 6 0, but i just don't see why you hate you're height soo much as mention'd
before.

You don't see a reason why I hate my height because you're much smaller than me. You'd give anything to be 5' 8" which is why you're on here. 5' 8" would be a dream for you, but not for me. It's not good enough. My hometown is full of tall, Caucasian men and I'd fit right in a 6' 2".

I also think you should start addressing your own problems instead of worrying about mine. You have some physiological issue where you believe you're disproportionate despite everyone saying you look fine. As long as you have these poor perception skills, your judgment on what looks good or bad cannot be trusted as a result.

how can someone only be "slightly happy" at 5 10! surely you must see truck loads of guys shorter than you, and you are surrounded by girls 5" shorter than you?

No, not truck-loads, I don't live in South Asia. If I'm going to have surgery to make myself taller, I'm going to stretch every inch that my body can handle, or listen to Dr. Sarin's advise. Who knows, Dr. Sarin might tell me he won't do it. I'll have to find out.
AsTallAsWomen
MMT Adviser

Credibility -137

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 10:26:18 PM »

I just don't get the logic, yes I understand "most of your friends who are over 6 0", but many will be 6 0, and statically most most be 5 10, I just dont get why you must be as tall as some of your friends so much to hate your height to such a level.

surely most of your friends are 5 8 - 6 2 max, what is wrong with 6 0?

im sorry but if your wingspan is 5 8, you wont get to 6 2, i guess you could get AL, but I just dont see the extra benefit of those 2", surely you will be taller than your most of your friends at this height.

My hometown is full of tall, Caucasian men and I'd fit right in a 6' 2".

that is 100% false, you do not have to be 6 2 to fit in at all!

your hometown is full of average height men (5 10), some tall (6 0), some short (5 8 ), and few super tall men (6 2),

to be 6 2 would be to be in the 95th percentile of height for your region, you would "fit in" at 5 8 - 6 2, 6 0 being optimal, at 6 2 you will be noticed as the upper most tall for your region.

you must have BDD if you think you fit right in at 6 2 (95th percentile), you stand out at 6 2, even at 6 0 somewhat.

I am not disproportionate, where did I say that, I said you will if you do 16cm where your wingspan is 172, that means you will have 16 deviation, craig had 7cm, apotheosis had 10cm, they are at the maximum, you would need AL as well.

Wingspan     = 167 cm

UK Caucasian Male.
kusop
MMT Contributor

Credibility -131

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 12:01:00 AM »

ATAW, any update on the booking of psychologist?
ProSioux
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 02:04:49 AM »

whatever you say guys....6'1 - 1.85 is the perfect height!
Quixotic
MMT Adviser

Credibility 24

It's expensive, staying human.

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 03:02:26 AM »

Jesus Christ, You've taken it too far this time.

STOP.  RATIONALISING. IT.

Even I'm getting sick of this 43.23523% of women will like you if you are in the 57.834 percentile and can balance a block of cheese on your nose whilst riding a Giraffe.

I'm also sick of this 'if you divide your sitting height by the number of acorns in Venezuela you will get your range of proportions in relation to your nose'.

STOP. PLEASE. STOP.  Cry

Here.  I'll settle this for everyone:

If you feel short, and want ll, GET ll.
If you don't feel short, and want ll, SERIOUSLY CONSIDER WHETHER ll IS RIGHT. THEN GET IT.

Short = some disadvantages
Average = No disadvantages
Tall = Some advantages

Proportions:

Rule one:

If you look good in a mock-up, your proportions are FINE.
If you don't, they're NOT FINE.

Rule two:

Follow rule one.

There.  Done.  Simple. End. Fin.

Current height: 176.5cm
Sitting height: 93.25cm

Target height: 181.5cm
AsTallAsWomen
MMT Adviser

Credibility -137

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 03:10:38 AM »

lol.

but seriously you CAN become to tall for women.

super tall (6 1 +) is a hindrance, you even said yourself you'd rather be 5 9 than 6 4!

Wingspan     = 167 cm

UK Caucasian Male.
Jenkejones
MMT Member

Credibility 21

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2013, 03:12:13 AM »

ATATAW

Your cred is in the negatives man. I actually appreciate all your shoe advice so I don't want you to get kicked out of here.
ProSioux
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2013, 03:15:27 AM »

I'm also sick of this 'if you divide your sitting height by the number of acorns in Venezuela you will get your range of proportions in relation to your nose'.

Have you been to Venezuela Quixotic?...Just wondering.
AsTallAsWomen
MMT Adviser

Credibility -137

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 03:25:28 AM »

ATATAW

Your cred is in the negatives man. I actually appreciate all your shoe advice so I don't want you to get kicked out of here.

that's just TheGreatOne unhappy with my height thoughts (which make sense, i am only advising him)

i have never given negative cred, only postive. ( i have never given TheGreatOne  any negative cred, even if his height thoughts puzzle me)

Wingspan     = 167 cm

UK Caucasian Male.
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 374

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 04:58:07 AM »

lol.

but seriously you CAN become to tall for women.

super tall (6 1 +) is a hindrance, you even said yourself you'd rather be 5 9 than 6 4!

ATAW, I hate to burst your bubble, but I live in CA & super tall here starts at 6'4" not 6'1". While I agree that a great looking 5'9" dude can do just fine with the ladies, your statement that being 6'1" is a hindrance is inaccurate. I have plenty of friends 6'3"+ who women line up for. You can't generalize statements about height. Good looking is good looking at any height. Oh & I hate to tell you this but a good looking 6' 2"+ guy does has an advantage over a good looking 5' 11" guy. It's just the way it is.

leonard
MMT Contributor

Credibility 18

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 05:19:49 AM »

I agree with Tall: Anything below 6'4" is not super tall. Yes there are women who don't like guys as tall as 6'3"-6'4 but anything below will rarely put them off. Now at 6'5" that may truly be the start of too tall for a considerable amount of women.
Red321
MMT Member

Credibility 10

Honesty is my only policy

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 05:54:36 AM »

I don't think being 6"5 is a disadvantage like being short is. I think it's that often guys that big feel uncomfortable because they were outcasts in their childhood. But let's be real, women want men who are desirable to other women, and a man who is that tall is sought after by 6 foot models, the reason women have trouble with short men is because they would rather be with someone who they perceive as desirable to other women.

Height: 170
Wingspan: 179
Weight:150 LBS/68 KG

I NEVER SAVED ANYTHING FOR THE SWIM BACK
craig49
LL Legend
MMT Adviser

Credibility 286

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2013, 07:09:26 AM »

So we had a had a holiday party recently.  Lots of guys from from all height ranges.  Lot of nurses as well.  Of course I was not the tallest guy there, but I scanned the scene and went right for the 2 most attractive girls there, both Asian, very fit, late 20's.  Anyway, I invited them both over the next week for dinner and found that the hottest one was like 5'1-5'2.  She referenced several times how insecure she was about her height despite having a flawless face and figure.  When we stood up together, she told me I was too tall and that she liked guys just a bit taller than her. 

Anyway, a lot of my co-workers met her and most said she was a 9 out of 10 on physical appearance.  I am sure you can figure out the rest of the story, and it is always good to have friends.  But the point I am making is that she actually did think my height was a bit too much. 

Ideal height in getting women has LOTS of variables and factors.  It does depend a lot on girls/women and where they are from, what they themselves look like, are they thick boned or thin, ect...   Yeah 6' models may prefer a guy 6'5, but that is certainly not the norm.  Internationally, 6'1 seems to be a very good height.  In Japan I saw some white guys who I think were around 6'3 and it just looked strange.  But then again, Asia will be different from north Europe, ect.

I know it is hard for some people in the community to understand this, but there is more to attraction than just height.  Your job, your style, your personality, sense of humor, skin quality, body shape, the way you talk, the way you smell, the way you carry yourself, skill set, ect... all factor in.  In my most recent story, what attracted her to me was the fact that I cooked some great dishes for her and I made her laugh a lot and feel comfortable, and of course how interested I was in her at the party.

Just like MMT used to say, after around 180cm other things matter.  Yeah. 

Also keep in mind that as harsh as height can seem on you, men are also harsh on women's appearances.  Wait till your lady is around 30, yeah, she will start to have a bit more meat on the arms, the skin texture isn't quite as smooth, ect.  Do you know how stressful that is for women, the issue of skin and weight. 

In short, asking if 6' is the perfect height is like asking women if Brad Pitt is the most handsome man in the world.  I am sure some women would say yes, but I am sure there are also a lot of women who would say no.  It is all relative; beauty ideals and appearance. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.