MMT Community
September 21, 2017, 11:04:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Welcome to Make Me Taller! This is a free service to support those interested in or considering Leg Lengthening, and all are welcome to join! Just click on the register button and you will be approved ASAP. Remember to bookmark http://www.makemetaller.org now!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Height Survey - Is 6' the perfect height?  (Read 96430 times)
littleangel
MMT Contributor

Credibility 10

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2013, 01:22:16 PM »

ok..I have 26 ladies in my work place,I've done a Poll,the perfect men height.The ladies are between 24-36 years old,and 5'0''-5'4'' ( 9 girls),5'5''-5'9''(17 girls)...
We are from Estern Europe,normal height people...I did include myself in the answers.
Now the results:
1 girl (she's 5'4'')-6'2''
6 girls -6'0''
15 girls -5'11''
4 girls -5'8''

That's all....you judge the results.I won't say anything...
maybe just this,as a side note:some girls are saying that the taller the guy is ,the worst in bed.As in sooo terrible....  Cheesy
I don't know,I've never been with a guy over 5'11''. Cheesy But it's not the first time I hear this... Tongue

“Everything you can imagine is real.”

~from 150 cm to 166 cm~
AsTallAsWomen
MMT Adviser

Credibility -137

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2013, 01:36:34 PM »

I was not the tallest guy there, but I scanned the scene and went right for the 2 most attractive girls there...the hottest one was like 5'1.  She referenced several times how insecure she was about her height despite having a flawless face and figure.  When we stood up together, she told me I was too tall and that she liked guys just a bit taller than her.  

But the point I am making is that she actually did think my height was a bit too much.  

Thanks craig49 (who went from 5' 8" - 6' 0") and little angel.

this goes to show that you CAN be to tall for a woman, like in craigs experience where his Pre-LL height would have been better than his Post-LL height!

and in little angel for her poll, even when asking women (5 0 - 5 9) according to them perfect height is 5 8-6 0, the 1 girl who was 5 4 that said 6 2, honestly she wont notice the difference in 6 0 male vs. 6 2, I think she just said that without much thought.

I know it is hard for some people in the community to understand this, but there is more to attraction than just height.  Your job, your style, your personality, sense of humor, skin quality, body shape....

yes craig that is my main point I am trying to come across, some people on this forum think "once I am taller things will be better", but there is more to a man than his height, beyond 180cm/5 11 it is totally diminished returns becoming taller, I'd be surprised if it made much of a difference, if any.

Honestly greatone I am worried for your mental health, if you're slightly happy at 5 10, you MIGHT have BDD, remember one time this forum  reacted badly to one guy who was 5 9 who "hated" his height as well almost as much as you, making excuses and ignoring scientifical evidence that he is not that disadvantaged at life due to his stature, we all tried to convince him being taller wont help THAT much, but it is hard to get through to people.

I'm not sure what happened to him, there was another 5 11 guy that was pretty unhappy to.

really if you feel this bad at 5 8, and only "slightly happy" at 5 10, with 5 11 being "unkown" to you, that is a not a good mentality for you to have.

however I hope you DO find peace with yourself with your height "problem", whichever you decide to do.

but if you DO go over 5 11 what will happen is you will likely be with taller woman and less likely to be with a shorter women, BUT statistically there are more 5 2 girls than they are 5 10 girls, things are more optimal at 5 11 over 6 2, as clearly seen by the poll little angel just made.

and as mentioned before height isn't everything, once you reach an acceptable height to a woman it matters other things, 5 10 is a really acceptable height to a lot of women, 6 0 is perfect, if craig was 5 10, that girl would have been more receptive to him, so there you go!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 02:03:05 PM by AsTallAsWomen » Logged

Height         = 164 cm (5' 4.5")
Wingspan     = 167 cm

UK Caucasian Male.
Avg. Male height in region 5' 9.5"
Avg. Female Height in region 5' 4.5"
RDenmark
MMT Contributor

Credibility 6

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2013, 02:50:30 PM »

ATAW I totally agree with Tall.

I guess some people appear bigger at certain height than others. I always appear smaller than I actually am, which I think can be a reason for my heightism as well. I lack big hands, big head, big frame etc, yet I am on height with a lot of guys who never had any issues with their heights and never been called little. I was measured 5'11 in regular shoes for passport renewal yesterday, but I am bad at appearing "big". I was at a party in the start of december where a friend of mine said to me "You look so small man, but you're not that small at all" He is 6' and not much taller than me.

I guess that contributes to my height problems as well. If I was built bigger I might not had the same issues, but yes I want to increase my height by 8cm, which on my passport at least would make me 6'2 Wink.

Personally I think anything between 6'-6'4 is fine, and 6'2-6'4 is golden. 
ProSioux
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2013, 03:25:25 PM »

ATAW I totally agree with Tall.

I guess some people appear bigger at certain height than others. I always appear smaller than I actually am, which I think can be a reason for my heightism as well. I lack big hands, big head, big frame etc, yet I am on height with a lot of guys who never had any issues with their heights and never been called little. I was measured 5'11 in regular shoes for passport renewal yesterday, but I am bad at appearing "big". I was at a party in the start of december where a friend of mine said to me "You look so small man, but you're not that small at all" He is 6' and not much taller than me.

I guess that contributes to my height problems as well. If I was built bigger I might not had the same issues, but yes I want to increase my height by 8cm, which on my passport at least would make me 6'2 Wink.

Personally I think anything between 6'-6'4 is fine, and 6'2-6'4 is golden. 

No. 6'1 is the perfect height...not too tall...in the middle...perfect  Cheesy
AsTallAsWomen
MMT Adviser

Credibility -137

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2013, 03:50:40 PM »

but the 5 2 hot female complained at craigs height at 6 0.5?

here is a typical response from a "tall" female on a dating site,

“I am 5'7" and I wouldn’t date a guy under 5'10" and I could never date a guy shorter than me no matter how good looking he was”

so even tall girls like guys 5 10 - 6 0.

what about little angles polls, craigs 1st hand experiences, the scientifical studies. female questionairs etc.

but it is more the opinion that you're life will change dramatically beyond 5 11, i'm sorry if things didn't work out at 5 11, things will not get better when you are taller.

Quixotic questionairs sample

Being tall doesn't automatically guarantee you attention, at all.  My 6'1.5" friend is arguably the perfect height but, in his own words, he's rather 'plain looking'.  He doesn't dress the best as well.  I asked the girl whether she would choose someone below 5'10" who was better looking than that friend over him and she looked at me puzzled and said of course she would; assuming we were judging on looks alone.  

also another real world example (I'm assuming he was 5 7)

This past New Years Eve I was out at a club/bar and struck a conversation with a cute, petite blond (she was 5'2" I'd guess).  We talked for a long time, really hit it off.  And then she dropped a bomb on me:

"Don't take this the wrong way 'cause I really like talking to you.  If you were 5'10" you'd be REALLY hot."

now I think if he was 6 1+ it would be too much for her, she said at 5 10 he'd be hot, 6 0 would be maximum, beyond that you're life would not change much, 5 10 is still a great height!

even on the 20/20 report 2 girls picked the 5 10 guy, only 1 picked the 6 1 guy, seems the 5 10 won over the 6 1 guy!

another quote, from a female!

My group of girlfriends are all quite young and we fall within the average female height range (5'2"-5'7") and while we all do find tall men attractive, moderately tall (5'10"-6'0") trumps super tall (6'1" and up) ANY DAY of the week.  

I've dated VERY tall men, all the way up to 6'3" and trust me; physically it can be uncomfortable compared to dating an average-height man.

I would say that men start facing disadvantages at dating average height women if they are shorter than 5'8"-5'9".
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 04:01:41 PM by AsTallAsWomen » Logged

Wingspan     = 167 cm

UK Caucasian Male.
RDenmark
MMT Contributor

Credibility 6

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2013, 03:58:05 PM »

It's more common to rejected for being short than being tall. Your arguments is not valid. You'll never reach the height most people claim as the perfect height, neither will I, but there is no reason to deny it.

People are getting taller, girls are getting taller. Being 6'+ now a days is rather common.
AsTallAsWomen
MMT Adviser

Credibility -137

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2013, 04:06:07 PM »

in denmark yes, 6 0 is common, in most of the world it is 5 9.5

Wingspan     = 167 cm

UK Caucasian Male.
kusop
MMT Contributor

Credibility -131

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2013, 04:06:37 PM »

ok..I have 26 ladies in my work place,I've done a Poll,the perfect men height.The ladies are between 24-36 years old,and 5'0''-5'4'' ( 9 girls),5'5''-5'9''(17 girls)...
We are from Estern Europe,normal height people...I did include myself in the answers.
Now the results:
1 girl (she's 5'4'')-6'2''
6 girls -6'0''
15 girls -5'11''
4 girls -5'8''

That's all....you judge the results.I won't say anything...
maybe just this,as a side note:some girls are saying that the taller the guy is ,the worst in bed.As in sooo terrible....  Cheesy
I don't know,I've never been with a guy over 5'11''. Cheesy But it's not the first time I hear this... Tongue

I have to step in here because I think i know why 5'11 is considered the 'perfect' height and not 6'0.
You said you are from East europe. In europe we dont use inches, we use centimetres. So all the girls are used to hear how 1.80m (5'11) is the perfect height from parents when they grow up. In europe 1.80m (5'11) is a "milestone" like 6'0 is in US.

I am sure if americans used centimetres instead of inches they'd rather say 1.80m is the golden height instead of 1.82m (6'0) because its easier to say/pronounce and write and so it gets in the norm after many years and becomes the golden standard.
MMT Adviser

Credibility 18

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2013, 06:15:30 PM »

I have to step in here because I think i know why 5'11 is considered the 'perfect' height and not 6'0.
You said you are from East europe. In europe we dont use inches, we use centimetres. So all the girls are used to hear how 1.80m (5'11) is the perfect height from parents when they grow up. In europe 1.80m (5'11) is a "milestone" like 6'0 is in US.

I am sure if americans used centimetres instead of inches they'd rather say 1.80m is the golden height instead of 1.82m (6'0) because its easier to say/pronounce and write and so it gets in the norm after many years and becomes the golden standard.

Kusop is right here. I absolutely agree. I've heard it from relatives, parents, friends, people on the street that "You'll be 180 cm tall....", "You'll grow to 180 cm...", "There was a sporty guy here, about 180 cm tall...", "If you were 180 cm tall...". 180 cm (5'11") is truly a milestone in those parts of the world where people use cms instead of inches and feet.

Height:           160-160.5 cm (5'3")
Wingspan:      169-170 cm (5'6.5"-5'7")
Ethnicity:        Caucasian

Avg. Male height in country: 177.6 cm (5'10")
Avg. Female height in country: 164 cm (5' 4.5")
MMT Adviser

Credibility 18

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2013, 06:18:47 PM »

I don't think being 6"5 is a disadvantage like being short is. I think it's that often guys that big feel uncomfortable because they were outcasts in their childhood. But let's be real, women want men who are desirable to other women, and a man who is that tall is sought after by 6 foot models, the reason women have trouble with short men is because they would rather be with someone who they perceive as desirable to other women.

True. Women want to show off their tall, handsome boyfriends to other women so that they would become jelaous. Women feel good when other women around them feel jelaous of their beauty, handsome boyfriends, etc.. This is the nature of women. So if you're short and handsome, you are fucked. If you are tall and ugly, you are fucked. Most women are very, very shallow.

Height:           160-160.5 cm (5'3")
Wingspan:      169-170 cm (5'6.5"-5'7")
Ethnicity:        Caucasian

Avg. Male height in country: 177.6 cm (5'10")
Avg. Female height in country: 164 cm (5' 4.5")
littleangel
MMT Contributor

Credibility 10

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2013, 06:42:43 PM »

I use inches because I see lost of US guys here and less european,but I guess we all know inches/cm convertion,so it's ok.
Personaly,a 6'2'' guy,I will choose him as a sperm donor  for a child,if I ever need it,but not as a boyfriend.My husband is 5'10'' and a half and 5'11'' with shoes.Perfect...
You guys feel free to be as tall as you want,and be happy about it.

“Everything you can imagine is real.”

~from 150 cm to 166 cm~
Jenkejones
MMT Member

Credibility 21

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2013, 06:58:23 PM »

I will be so content with 3 inches, and I can wear my Calden dress shoes and be 6 foot tall.

Perfect!
dice1985
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2013, 12:44:38 PM »

So we had a had a holiday party recently.  Lots of guys from from all height ranges.  Lot of nurses as well.  Of course I was not the tallest guy there, but I scanned the scene and went right for the 2 most attractive girls there, both Asian, very fit, late 20's.  Anyway, I invited them both over the next week for dinner and found that the hottest one was like 5'1-5'2.  She referenced several times how insecure she was about her height despite having a flawless face and figure.  When we stood up together, she told me I was too tall and that she liked guys just a bit taller than her. 

Anyway, a lot of my co-workers met her and most said she was a 9 out of 10 on physical appearance.  I am sure you can figure out the rest of the story, and it is always good to have friends.  But the point I am making is that she actually did think my height was a bit too much. 

Ideal height in getting women has LOTS of variables and factors.  It does depend a lot on girls/women and where they are from, what they themselves look like, are they thick boned or thin, ect...   Yeah 6' models may prefer a guy 6'5, but that is certainly not the norm.  Internationally, 6'1 seems to be a very good height.  In Japan I saw some white guys who I think were around 6'3 and it just looked strange.  But then again, Asia will be different from north Europe, ect.

I know it is hard for some people in the community to understand this, but there is more to attraction than just height.  Your job, your style, your personality, sense of humor, skin quality, body shape, the way you talk, the way you smell, the way you carry yourself, skill set, ect... all factor in.  In my most recent story, what attracted her to me was the fact that I cooked some great dishes for her and I made her laugh a lot and feel comfortable, and of course how interested I was in her at the party.

Just like MMT used to say, after around 180cm other things matter.  Yeah. 

Also keep in mind that as harsh as height can seem on you, men are also harsh on women's appearances.  Wait till your lady is around 30, yeah, she will start to have a bit more meat on the arms, the skin texture isn't quite as smooth, ect.  Do you know how stressful that is for women, the issue of skin and weight. 

In short, asking if 6' is the perfect height is like asking women if Brad Pitt is the most handsome man in the world.  I am sure some women would say yes, but I am sure there are also a lot of women who would say no.  It is all relative; beauty ideals and appearance. 
NBW
MMT Contributor

Credibility 8

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2013, 01:02:13 PM »

I didn't know my friend was 5'11" til today. Last time I measured him, he was 178cm/5'10", he told me he grew abit and so I measured. He is now 180cm/5'11". I see this person like everyday and haven't noticed any difference.

Height:
Morning - 162cm
Night - 160cm
Wingspan: 167cm
dice1985
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2013, 01:49:05 PM »

I didn't know my friend was 5'11" til today. Last time I measured him, he was 178cm/5'10", he told me he grew abit and so I measured. He is now 180cm/5'11". I see this person like everyday and haven't noticed any difference.

i grew 1 inch after 21 yrs old is this normal ?
Europa
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2013, 03:43:36 PM »

whatever you say guys....6'1 - 1.85 is the perfect height!

I have to agree here, 185-186 cm does seem like the perfect height to me. You're taller than a good 85% of the western europe/US male population (don't quote me on that), but still totally acceptable socially speaking. You can relax and still be a strong 6'. Nobody is really "dwarfing" you unless they're 195-200 cm, which is awkward looking anyway.
NBW
MMT Contributor

Credibility 8

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2013, 11:12:25 AM »

i grew 1 inch after 21 yrs old is this normal ?
it's normal, but it's not common. 21 isn't a fixed number/age to indicate that your growth plates have fused. Everyone is biologically different. I check my height everyday. If I all of a sudden grew an inch I would be so stoked. I would seriously run completely naked down my street in excitement.

Height:
Morning - 162cm
Night - 160cm
Wingspan: 167cm
dice1985
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2013, 12:30:58 PM »

it's normal, but it's not common. 21 isn't a fixed number/age to indicate that your growth plates have fused. Everyone is biologically different. I check my height everyday. If I all of a sudden grew an inch I would be so stoked. I would seriously run completely naked down my street in excitement.

hahaha i know u would i hop u grew more than that too , u are very smart for been 17 mate take it from me i am 27 u still have long way ahead of u get ur LL soon as u can  , and finish ur college and u will enjoy the rest of ur life . i wish i knew a bout it 3 or 4 years ago .
AsTallAsWomen
MMT Adviser

Credibility -137

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2013, 05:16:45 AM »

Here is an updated conclusion on the perfect male height, being 5 11!

My Thoughts:

Yes this makes sense, very few women are above 5’ 8”, a 5’ 8” girl is in the 95th percentile of height for her region, so that means 95% of women are shorter than her in the room, I’d say almost every women 4’ 11” – 5’ 8” would be with a 5’ 11” male, you are acceptably tall enough for all the girls in that height range, but not “too tall” for any of them.

Therefore a 5’ 11” male is datable to 95% of women in the room.

Now for a 6’ 2” male, the only “advantage” is he gets to be with women who are 5’ 10”, but only 2 out of 100 women in the room are 5’ 10”, but if he was 6’ 2”, a good number of women 4’ 11” – 5’ 2” would de-select him over an average height+ male, so his selection is cut down.

Therefore a 6’ 2” male is datable to 80% of women in the room.

This is due to the fact that the shorter ones would de-select him, overall a 6’ 2” male does not gain any advantage of being taller over a 5’ 11” male, it is, in fact a disadvantage, albeit a slight one.

Conclusion: 5’ 11” is the perfect male height!

Wingspan     = 167 cm

UK Caucasian Male.
Red321
MMT Member

Credibility 10

Honesty is my only policy

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2013, 06:13:17 AM »

Here is an updated conclusion on the perfect male height, being 5 11!

My Thoughts:

Yes this makes sense, very few women are above 5’ 8”, a 5’ 8” girl is in the 95th percentile of height for her region, so that means 95% of women are shorter than her in the room, I’d say almost every women 4’ 11” – 5’ 8” would be with a 5’ 11” male, you are acceptably tall enough for all the girls in that height range, but not “too tall” for any of them.

Therefore a 5’ 11” male is datable to 95% of women in the room.

Now for a 6’ 2” male, the only “advantage” is he gets to be with women who are 5’ 10”, but only 2 out of 100 women in the room are 5’ 10”, but if he was 6’ 2”, a good number of women 4’ 11” – 5’ 2” would de-select him over an average height+ male, so his selection is cut down.

Therefore a 6’ 2” male is datable to 80% of women in the room.

This is due to the fact that the shorter ones would de-select him, overall a 6’ 2” male does not gain any advantage of being taller over a 5’ 11” male, it is, in fact a disadvantage, albeit a slight one.

Conclusion: 5’ 11” is the perfect male height!

Atatw, stop thinking so much. Ask any women if she would rather her son be 5"11 or 6"2. Ask any 5"11 teenager if he would like to stop growing on the spot. Ask any CEO if he would rather be 5"11 or 6"2 in a meeting. Sometimes the answer is obvious, and all the rationalizing in the world won't change it.

Height: 170
Wingspan: 179
Weight:150 LBS/68 KG

I NEVER SAVED ANYTHING FOR THE SWIM BACK
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.