MMT Community
May 24, 2017, 12:16:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Please spread the word and invite people from other Leg Lengthening forums to join us - this is a professionally-run forum and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening - all are welcome - there'll be no delays in signing-up either, unlike some other forums! Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Height Survey - Is 6' the perfect height?  (Read 89647 times)
AsTallAsWomen
MMT Adviser

Credibility -137

« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2013, 06:19:15 AM »

umm, not really.

if I was 5 11 with a girl who was 5 1, if I became 6 2, I might become to tall for her!

5 11 is nothing to be insecure about as CEO etc.

but for dating, which is what the subject is about, 5 11 is overall, slightly better than 6 2, and I believe it.

Height         = 164 cm (5' 4.5")
Wingspan     = 167 cm

UK Caucasian Male.
Avg. Male height in region 5' 9.5"
Avg. Female Height in region 5' 4.5"
Red321
MMT Member

Credibility 10

Honesty is my only policy

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2013, 06:40:57 AM »

I'm not saying that 5"11 is bad, but at 6"2 you have the advantage of "tall". Just like how at 5"7 your "short", and at 5"9-10 you lose that disadvantage.

Height: 170
Wingspan: 179
Weight:150 LBS/68 KG

I NEVER SAVED ANYTHING FOR THE SWIM BACK
MMT Adviser

Credibility 18

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2013, 04:30:04 PM »

Hey guys, I've just found this article. Check it out!
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/stoi/What-is-a-good-height-for-men/articleshow/2164268.cms

Interesting statements by John Komlos (I don't know this guy) who's a "professor of economics at Munich University, and is regarded as the top anthropometric historian today" according to the article.

1. "I believe the Dutch are not going to grow taller," says Komlos. "They may grow by a centimetre more to reach a peak height of 6'1'', but they are unlikely to grow beyond that." The reason is an average height of more than 6'1'' does not offer any evolutionary advantages to a population.

2. "Men who grow taller than 6'1'' experience medical problems like a bad back. Also, it has been statistically found that longevity in males increases up to a height of 6'1'' but starts decreasing thereafter."

3. "One can conclude from Komlos that the respectable height of six feet is also the ideal height for men."

Height:           160-160.5 cm (5'3")
Wingspan:      169-170 cm (5'6.5"-5'7")
Ethnicity:        Caucasian

Avg. Male height in country: 177.6 cm (5'10")
Avg. Female height in country: 164 cm (5' 4.5")
Red321
MMT Member

Credibility 10

Honesty is my only policy

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2013, 06:15:35 PM »

511, I think your spot on with the back problems. I've seen it myself with both my dad (6"1), and tall friends.

Height: 170
Wingspan: 179
Weight:150 LBS/68 KG

I NEVER SAVED ANYTHING FOR THE SWIM BACK
Bon
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2013, 04:59:34 AM »

wrong about short girls liking smaller guys than 6'2. I'm pretty sure most couples you see out there are short girls with super tall guys.
that is because short girls wants their kids to be tall, that's why they would choose to find a taller man so that their children would be averaged by the 2 genes. From my experience, it is actually the taller girls who don't mind dating short men or even shorter men than her.
vitorbelfort
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2013, 05:23:25 AM »

wrong about short girls liking smaller guys than 6'2. I'm pretty sure most couples you see out there are short girls with super tall guys.
that is because short girls wants their kids to be tall, that's why they would choose to find a taller man so that their children would be averaged by the 2 genes. From my experience, it is actually the taller girls who don't mind dating short men or even shorter men than her.

i heard that theory before. short girls look for tall guys and tall guys look for short girls, so their offspring can be normal. Also, if taller girls mate with very tall guys, their offspring will be too tall, so tall girls don't date super tall guys
Bon
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2013, 08:55:20 PM »

that is very true. the only difficulties i ahve with girls are the really short ones. =/
Most of the time, the taller girls just digs me no matter what. It's a sad world but at least us short guys can get some long legs on the girls Tongue
Tomobogo
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2013, 11:31:51 PM »

6 is good but 6"2 is the best.
Agrios
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 12

« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2013, 11:50:26 PM »

In my opinion 6'2 is the perfect height.   If you want to model you'll need to be atleast 6'2 =/

February 2014 - Femur precice 2 with Dr. Paley
Lengthened 8cm
Healed 100%

August 2015 - Tibia precice 2 with Dr. Paley
UniJoe
MMT Member

Credibility -6

« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2013, 03:35:31 AM »

6'2" is the perfect male height.
danielqjohnson
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2013, 01:14:21 PM »

6'1" - 6'2" is probably "ideal".

I don't think 6'2" is enough of an advantage over 6' to justify the pain/expense of further lengthening.

Really after about 5'10" or 5'11" you're in the land of diminishing returns.
Captain America
Medical Intellectual
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 143

AVDENTES FORTVNA IVVAT

« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2013, 03:18:09 PM »

6'1" - 6'2" is probably "ideal".

I don't think 6'2" is enough of an advantage over 6' to justify the pain/expense of further lengthening.

Really after about 5'10" or 5'11" you're in the land of diminishing returns.

Agreed.

The strong man who has known power all his life, may lose respect for that power, but a weak man knows the value of strength, and knows... compassion.

Height: 168cm
Sitting height: 92cm
Arm span: 175cm
Knee height: 51.5cm
Buttock-knee length: 55.5cm
raoniclegs
MMT Member

Credibility 3

"image is everything" andre agassi

« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2013, 07:13:03 PM »

i honestly think that 6"2 is perfect in most occasions, like i said, i dream of beeing 6"6 because of the advantages in tennis, and i love tennis, for the girls a tall man means +6" and past 6"2 there no more benefits
danielqjohnson
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2013, 07:59:50 PM »

i honestly think that 6"2 is perfect in most occasions, like i said, i dream of beeing 6"6 because of the advantages in tennis, and i love tennis, for the girls a tall man means +6" and past 6"2 there no more benefits

I've read in Europe that the magic number for dating is 180 cm (as opposed to 6' in the US) so it's at least partially a psychological distinction.  If you're a short way off these magic numbers it's worth lying.

Also, from reddit some charts and graphs related to height and dating:

http://imgur.com/a/mPd9W

I'm pretty sure it's based on a survey so standard warnings apply (stated vs. revealed preferences, etc.)
raoniclegs
MMT Member

Credibility 3

"image is everything" andre agassi

« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2013, 08:16:19 PM »

I've read in Europe that the magic number for dating is 180 cm (as opposed to 6' in the US) so it's at least partially a psychological distinction.  If you're a short way off these magic numbers it's worth lying.

in Argentina 180 cm is also the milestone, the tall people borderline, but thats before, now people is gettin taller, i am very close to 180 cm and a few woman have rejected me because of my height (they said that) and at 180cm it would make no big difference imo, when the girls i asked ,what she want in a man? and she says a tall stature (always) i figure a +6"1 men, tall in argentina is +6"1 in my enviroment, (young generation, perfectly healthy people, european descendents) and a 6"2 stature is the most seeked for girls and mens
jenslarsen
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 14

« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2013, 08:45:50 PM »

Also, from reddit some charts and graphs related to height and dating:

http://imgur.com/a/mPd9W

I'm pretty sure it's based on a survey so standard warnings apply (stated vs. revealed preferences, etc.)

Nice graphs. If anyone wondered, they're from this thread and the people surveyed are online daters:
http://www.reddit.com/r/OkCupid/comments/1ao16h/what_are_redditors_looking_for_part_1_height/

5'7"
Rivers
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2013, 06:56:20 PM »

In developed western countries no.   
xbcc
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2013, 10:22:35 AM »

So we had a had a holiday party recently.  Lots of guys from from all height ranges.  Lot of nurses as well.  Of course I was not the tallest guy there, but I scanned the scene and went right for the 2 most attractive girls there, both Asian, very fit, late 20's.  Anyway, I invited them both over the next week for dinner and found that the hottest one was like 5'1-5'2.  She referenced several times how insecure she was about her height despite having a flawless face and figure.  When we stood up together, she told me I was too tall and that she liked guys just a bit taller than her. 

Anyway, a lot of my co-workers met her and most said she was a 9 out of 10 on physical appearance.  I am sure you can figure out the rest of the story, and it is always good to have friends.  But the point I am making is that she actually did think my height was a bit too much. 

Ideal height in getting women has LOTS of variables and factors.  It does depend a lot on girls/women and where they are from, what they themselves look like, are they thick boned or thin, ect...   Yeah 6' models may prefer a guy 6'5, but that is certainly not the norm.  Internationally, 6'1 seems to be a very good height.  In Japan I saw some white guys who I think were around 6'3 and it just looked strange.  But then again, Asia will be different from north Europe, ect.

I know it is hard for some people in the community to understand this, but there is more to attraction than just height.  Your job, your style, your personality, sense of humor, skin quality, body shape, the way you talk, the way you smell, the way you carry yourself, skill set, ect... all factor in.  In my most recent story, what attracted her to me was the fact that I cooked some great dishes for her and I made her laugh a lot and feel comfortable, and of course how interested I was in her at the party.

Just like MMT used to say, after around 180cm other things matter.  Yeah. 

Also keep in mind that as harsh as height can seem on you, men are also harsh on women's appearances.  Wait till your lady is around 30, yeah, she will start to have a bit more meat on the arms, the skin texture isn't quite as smooth, ect.  Do you know how stressful that is for women, the issue of skin and weight. 

In short, asking if 6' is the perfect height is like asking women if Brad Pitt is the most handsome man in the world.  I am sure some women would say yes, but I am sure there are also a lot of women who would say no.  It is all relative; beauty ideals and appearance. 

Very true! Funny you said that, my sister doesn't feel anything for brad pitt at all.

164.5 cm /5'5 living in The Netherlands
Armspan 172 cm
Sitting height back fully stretched 88 cm
arm length from bone to middlefinger 72.5 cm
Rain
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2013, 04:11:59 PM »

Yes 6 feet is the best height for a man.  I don't know any women who turn down 6', but I do know some who might not be thrilled about 6'2+ .  Of course the super tall still have their own fans particularly among amazonian women.

Re: The great one.  Tall models are picked because they're hot.  They're used on the runway to display the clothes.  They are pretty much used as gigantic human hangers.  Quite degrading if you ask me. 
Orthopedic
Troll
MMT Member

Credibility -5

« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2013, 03:52:53 AM »

6'2" likely carries the most advantages with little to no downside in everyday living.   
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.