MMT Community
December 13, 2018, 03:28:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please spread the word and invite people from other Leg Lengthening forums to join us - this is a professionally-run forum and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening - all are welcome - there'll be no delays in signing-up either, unlike some other forums! Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 89   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sweden - External Tibias - Dr. Sarin - 2013 - I finally did it, it's my turn!  (Read 432280 times)
Sweden
Current recovery level: 82% and improving.
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

LL Fighter, prophet, expert, adviser, hero, LEGEND

« on: January 13, 2013, 09:28:18 AM »

Finally!!
I have been reading in here since 2007 and of course wanting the surgery since day 1. But things, life, always got in the way somehow. Studies and work was most of it. Finally I was allowed to take a full year off from work and I don't have to pay for my girls studies anymore. She has a nice job of her own right now. And yes, we still live together.

Stats: Swedish
30+ years old.
Starting height: 173cm
Wingspan: 180cm
Weight before surgery: 66kg
Desired height: 179/180cm
Method: Lon on tibias

I'm not sure really where I'll begin my story since its so unbelievable. I was going last year in march as Dryani(sorry to diss you out mate) but we suffered a serious family matter and I just couldn't leave. That together with my work pushing really hard to cancel my 1 year of request made me decide that I would work like a beast this summer(2012) through and then go September/October when there's less to do.

I practice taekwondo almost every day and compete at a high level. One day at the training we were just taking it slow because a big tournament was coming 2 days later. And then suddenly, out of nowhere - BAMM!! I was taking a step forward and I could feel how my entire left tibia twisted to the right while the femur stayed still producing excruciating pain. The tibia immediately twisted back to its right position in the knee and I was literally shouting in agony. The small collision of lower femur and upper tibia echoed in my entire body. I got the knee in high position and sprayed coolant on it - 2 full bottles. It really really hurt like hell. My coach said as usually, "it will pass until tomorrow and you'll be fine and ready for the competition."
I got a ride back home, and in the next day the left knee was very swollen.
In to the emergency where they took X-rays. It showed nothing they said so I had to wait to get MR-scan. These thing takes a while to get - they're expensive they said.
Next week, MR-scan. 2 days later I received a phone call and the nurse told me that she had good news and some bad news. Bring it I said!
You had ACL rupture, but all of the other ligaments were only stretched and they'll be fine. Now you have to do some fysio therapy for a while.
OMG!
I've read about this, I'm not stupid. This will never heal properly. My life is over. I can't do my sports anymore the way I used to and I can forget about LL, I thought. I was very very depressed. Yes, I even cried...
It didn't really help when our baby-housepet was diagnosed with cancer and died shortly after in June. This was our spoiled little baby, 5 years old =(

2 weeks on crutches, going to 3 different fysio therapists with 3 different approaches on it(gym training, laser, acupuncture etc) I actually was back in the running track after 4 weeks total. My muscles were very strong they said and for that I should be thankful.
Working all summer and doing my fysio for the knee I was really back to normal in September - still 2012.

I missed all of the competitions in the spring because of the knee so I figured I would have one last full period of competition this fall.

Then one day I was asked to deliver some suitcases to the office in Uppsala(city north of Stockholm). Ok fine, so I drove away. Easy day at work I thought.
Then when I entered the office they have really high security doors, and for some reason my left tumb got stuck in between when it closed right behind me - fully closed!
THE PAIN!!! OMG how I pulled and twisted and pulled again, nothing happened. The door was closed. The security guard reacted fast and entered the pin code and seconds later I was lying on the floor right in front of the reception shouting in agony! This type of pain was so intense in the thumb that I almost passed out.
They drove me to the emergency where I had to wait for 6 hours. Then finally; X-ray results. Yes it's crushed and broken in 3 places so you have to wear a plaster for at least 6 weeks.
NOOOOOOOO!!!!

I wasn't allowed to compete with plaster on my entire left arm and I don't think it wouldn't be a good idea to go to India looking like this =(

6 weeks went and I felt sore in the throat for a long time(it's cold in Stockholm in November).
I went to training because I signed up for a competition just as the plaster was to be removed. It was just me and my coach and we only focused on footwork that day.
Right after, I totally collapsed on the floor. He was chocked. I couldn't get up by myself so he drove me to the emergency where I stayed for 2 days.
I had an infection in my throat so it had spread a bit they told me. Stay home for 2 weeks and medicine, then you'll be fine.
NOOOOOOO!!

I got well and made everything ready for the trip. I called my doctor in India, made a list of things to bring. Had the money ready and got my full year vacation from work!
I even participated in one of the biggest open competitions in Taekwondo where I finally got my medal and I was set to go.

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
roadwarrior
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 09:56:52 AM »

Dude! I'm excited for you!!
Wow all these things kept you back. But now it's the right time finally, I'm glad you didn't give up.
I also did martial arts for 7 years. I can tell you this much my legs are beat up too. I had the same accident with my knees.

I'm glad you're taking the step of your life!! I will be here to cheer you on this life changing journey !!

Starting height:172.7 cm
Goal: 185.5 cm
“A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
Sweden
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 10:31:19 AM »

I thought that it would be easier to bring all the money in cash so I never gave it a thought about how to transfer it. But noooo, I wasn't allowed to withdraw even my own money just like that. It's a process and you have to fill in a report for what it's for and all that. OMG, my own hard earned money, 3 days before leaving.
I took out 2000$ and brought a pre-paid Visa-card with 8000$ on it and my wife could transfer the rest, 5000$

None of the Swedish banks could help her with that so she had to figure it out herself. We both thought that it wold go faster doing it down at the bank, but no.

I counted the hours wrong when the plane was going to land so I accidentally told My doctor that I was coming 07:30 but it was really 03:00.
I found out to late of course so at Doha airport I e-mailed him again and tried to call him all the time - no answer.
Ok, so ill wait at the airport or wahatever.
I met a nice guy on the plane and we talked during the eintire flight.
It was really thick fog in Delhi so the pilot told us that we had to circle for some time. An hour later he tried to land and everyone was frozen by panic. I actually fell asleep there for a while.... We landed roughly and we all applauded =)
My new friend was really sweating.

It took forever to pass the immigration desk and I would not have been let in to the country if it wasn't for my new friend.
Then it took forever to get our bags and somewhere close to 5 in the morning I would never even dream of finding Sunny there, in the foggy cold fridaymorning.

He was right there!
What an excellent guy. I owe him now sooo much.
We drove to a hotel and I checked in and said goodnight.

In the weekend I met the doctor. What a great man he really is. It's a real privilege just to have spoken to him!
I visited the guesthouse and spoke to some troopers and then I was told my surgery was booked for next Tuesday.

I went around in Gurgaon, visited some malls and shopped some water...

Hot to the hospital monday at noon. Surgery was Tuesday 09:00. Not really nervous. The food was ok, but I'm not so picky. I got some pills in the night and went to sleep. Woke up 06:00. Got some more pills. Last thing nurse said before she left the room: "shi*!"
I tried and it worked.

I was rolled in to the surgery room and found out that my heartbeat was only 39, so I was really relaxed =)

Then suddenly I woke up. The first thing I looked at was the clock. I asked how long the surgery took: "4 hours."

I couldn't feel my legs at all. (More is coming.....)

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
OneSevenOne
MMT Contributor

Credibility 19

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 10:49:17 AM »

Good luck buddy.  Full Diary please my man!  Including life after LL!

I hope this is me in 12-18 months time.

I am jealous beyond measure!

Best of luck!  Cheesy

"The future doesn’t belong to the fainthearted; it belongs to the brave."

Ronald Reagan
Padfreak101
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 11:02:45 AM »

I couldn't feel my legs at all. (More is coming.....)

wow you sure know how to keep us in suspense hehe ... congrats and i wish you the best for your journey
galaxystar
MMT Contributor

Credibility 30

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 12:54:13 PM »

Oh wow, your finally really there!! Congrats to you on your surgery!:)
Sweden
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 01:32:33 PM »

I had trouble sleeping the first night. I started vomiting and felt very weak so I ended up in the ICU. There I was given a lot of painkiller, I think....
Later that night I found out that it was impossible to sleep. I was megasupertired but just couldn't fall asleep. They always asked me if I was in pain and I said nu, I'm just very sleepy. Please put me to sleep!

They didn't understand so the greatest torture was not getting any sleep because of all the niose.
The next day I was just on my way back to my room and the insomnia went really bad. I begged them over and over that they only have to give me a sleeping pill. I'm not in pain at all, only discomfort. I started hyperventilation so I could speak to them at all. I said that I was getting some weird ich in the chin and in the chest. Well - so they decided to keep me in the ICU.
Damn.
I got a bit calmer and then they finally put me back in my room.

Of course I couldn't sleep there but it was less noisy in my room and I didn't have to whiteness any more persons dying in front of me. Yes, an old guy. Very sad. =(

The night came, yet I couldn't sleep. I was really not in pain but calling the nurses all the time to demand to speak to a doctor was very irritating and such demanding in my current position. They always said that the doctor was on his way but after 3 hours I knew he was not. I was given a very small weak sleeping pill during the day but it didn't do anything.
Right there I started to hallucinate about penguins coming in to the room and I began talking to them. Then, somewhere in the back of my head I knew this was an emergency. It's gone too far.
I called Sunny and tried to tell him as good as I possible could that I needed a doctor right away regarding my sleeping condition. He said something about 5 minutes and for sure - a doctor came and gave a nice tasty pill.
Lights out!!! I finally slept.

I woke up early in the morning and felt much better. I had breakfast and they later on changed the plaster.

The day went by and I really had no serious pain, only major stiffness and discomfort.
Then the night came again....
(It is exhausting to write this, I'm in the guesthouse doing my best) Smiley

SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 01:42:48 PM »

Congrats on starting your LL journey Sweden. Smiley I've upgraded you to LL Patient and given you some credibility for your sweet leg picture.
Arche
MMT Adviser

Credibility 26

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 07:02:39 PM »

Hey Sweden, congrats on the pictures dude! I wish you the best of luck! I was just wondering, why not wait for internals?

'"There is evil in your bones, Equality 7-2521, for your body has grown beyond the bodies of your brothers." But we cannot change our bones nor our body.' - Anthem, by Ayn Rand.
Captain America
Medical Intellectual
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 143

AVDENTES FORTVNA IVVAT

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 08:15:09 PM »

Hey Sweden, congrats on the pictures dude! I wish you the best of luck! I was just wondering, why not wait for internals?

Dr. Sarin told me that he is not yet offering internal only as an option for the tibiae.

The strong man who has known power all his life, may lose respect for that power, but a weak man knows the value of strength, and knows... compassion.

Height: 168cm
Sitting height: 92cm
Arm span: 175cm
Knee height: 51.5cm
Buttock-knee length: 55.5cm
lanquesnet
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2013, 01:07:30 AM »

Hey Sweden ! All the best for your time in India ! I'll most likely try and come have LL with Sarin this summer or in september, so I'll be reading your whole diary for sure. Be as thorough as possible, it will help a lot !  Smiley

Did you talk with Sarin about whether or not you could practice taekwondo again after LL ? I also did martial arts for a few years (taekwondo, boxing, judo, though not for long each), and I would really want to be able to keep it going after LL. Being taller will be wonderful, but not being able to kick someone anymore would suck  Roll Eyes

If you don't mind, I'll probably ask you several questions throughout this diary.  Grin

@roadwarrior:

Salut, ça fait bizarre de retrouver un Français sur ce forum (on est pas nombreux je crois^^). Bon t'es pas en France mais moi non plus! J'ai dans l'idée de me faire opérer par Sarin cet été ou début septembre, mais le plus dur maintenant c'est de prendre contact. Je sors d'une discussion terrible avec ma famille à ce propos (tout le monde me dit que je suis fou, et se comporte avec moi comme si j'allais me suicider...x( Si t'as un conseil, je suis preneur. C'est sûr que l'opé n'est pas 100% dénuée de risque, mais j'en ai vraiment besoin (je suis encore plus petit que toi, à 1m64). En tout cas, au plaisir de te lire !  Smiley
Need2BTaller
MMT Contributor

Credibility 14

So you think I'm short do you!?!?!?!!

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 02:11:31 AM »

Awesome deal bro, keep it up.  I'm sure this will be a pleasant journey for you.  Keep us updated. Grin

Height: 168cm
Wingspan: 176cm
Goal: 175-176cm
Date: 2014-2015
Place of Surgery: TBD
Type: TBD

Tall like a 3rd grader.
ShortsGoneWILD
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2013, 04:15:09 AM »

Good luck on your journey
Sweden
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2013, 07:35:56 AM »

The nights are still tough on me but this night I believe I had 4h sleep and then 2h right after. Best night ever.

No, I never asked Dr Sarin if I could do either this or that after I'm done. I am going to do those things anyway, period!

Right after ICU they told me that I was very weak and a nurse came in with a bag of blood. Not saying anything she just tried to connect it but I really protested against it. She smiled and tried again so I hid my arm under the bed saying that this is no joke, I don't want the blood. (I'm a blood-donor back home and they surely warned for as long as possible avoid any kind of blood in India. It scared me a bit)
The head-nurse entered and we spoke about it. She really assured me that there would be no trouble regarding the blood.
If I didn't take it, they were not sure I was going to survive the night. How do you argue against that? So I said ok.

It went fine and I never had any fever or anything afterwards.

Sunny came later and seemed upset. He asked me how I felt about calling the nurses repeatedly without any respons. Well it wasn't pleasant.
It was clearly a communication problem. Yes I understand. I just think its strange if I tell them 150 times that I only need sleep, nothing else.
He said that he was going to file a report against them. He is a really serious guy! I hope others can benefit from this.

He told me that we were going to the guesthouse soon so I made myself ready fo it.
I was wheeled out in front of the hospital and the day was shining Cheesy
We got in to a small car, I sat with straight legs that just fitter in there and we drove away to the guesthouse. It was rather difficult sitting back there and we stopped to rest my feet that was on pressure.
At the guesthouse 2 grabbed me from behind and 1 held my feet. They are very gently and understanding.

When I settled in my bed I was so exhausted. But never any severe pain....
I just lied down for a while and thought I was going to do that the rest of the day. No, my body reminded me that I haven't been to the loom for a few days.
Ok, first mission was learn how to use the toilet. 2 guys rolled me in and I managed to pull my blue XXL shorts and switch from chair to toilet. Yes, I was a bit constipated, but ok.

Back to the bed, it went fine. (I'm still to weak to lift my own legs)
I was given 2 pee-bottles and then I was settled.

The first night I had the same difficulties with my sleep. I was first given a smaller pill and later a fat pill that for sure should do the magic.
Nothing happened. I was sooooo tired, but just couldn't sleep. Around 4 o'clock I tried to set my mind into sleep mode somehow. It worked for an hour.

sky
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2013, 12:55:27 PM »

Good luck,

I hope you will be better day by day.
Sweden
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2013, 01:27:11 PM »

The days seem to pass by fine. There's not really any annoying pain - even when I need to rest on my side. I use a pillow right under my feet so they don't just hang from the rods because that doesn't feel so good. At nights I had small twitch in my feet and the pins in the ankle hurt real bad for 4-5 sec so the pillow prevents that.

This is the way I live right now.(excellent photo from roommate!)

I can tell you that I absolutely LOVE the food they bring us here. I'm just so sad that I've lost my normal appetite. I think it's because I'm not moving around more than to the toilet right when I wake up and back. I washed myself today(upper body and hair) and it took 1hour. When I got back I was totally exhausted.

So, life goes on. We have nice talks and the pee-bottles just keeps filling.
I'm so excited when he comes in with the food. Man, if I had my normal appetite I would ask for seconds everyday!!
I'm still trying to settle myself here. My stuff is all wide spread but I haven't found the energy to deal with it yet.
I can't lift my own legs by my own muscle power yet, but they said this is normal. Perhaps I shall start lengthening tomorrow. We'll see...
I'm feeling very good and hope it stays this way.
This upcoming night I'll try to get some more and better sleep.

Thank you guys!!

Sweden
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2013, 06:02:43 PM »

It's the sleeping problems again.

I feel so totally exhausted and van barely hold my eyes open - but no. I can't sleep.

This thing regarding the sleep is far the absolute most difficult thing so far. It is a bit torture.
Gonna try again....

And in 40min I need to pee again =(

OzManXX
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility -56

Im the callus monster

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 06:18:18 PM »

It gets easier as the days go by .

lengthened : roughly 7cm
lanquesnet
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2013, 01:21:15 AM »

Hahaha! You brought your mask with you!  Cheesy

Keep it up man, you'll reach your goal!
apostels
Banned
MMT Member

Credibility 61

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2013, 01:56:24 AM »

Any regrets on not bringing a certain item?

and what items did you find really usefull?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 89   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.