MMT Community
June 22, 2018, 08:29:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: MMTA has written a book about about his LL journey.  Click here to buy it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sweden - External Tibias - Dr. Sarin - 2013 - I finally did it, it's my turn!  (Read 387793 times)
Body Builder
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 121

« Reply #1740 on: May 07, 2015, 12:11:16 AM »

But Sweden says he lost height and since he only did tibias, 7,4 cm and was 173 and now is 178, thats a loss of 2,4 cm a huge loss so what the heck!
Does this has to do with the method or how can avoid this...
It is impossible to lose 2,4cm if you do tibia LL.
Only if you have some problem with your legs (like x bow legs) and your tibias are not completely vertical to the ground you may lose some height.
But if your bones are completely ok, then you'll gain exactly what you lengthened.
That happened in my case and in all the cases I know that did tibia LL (maybe 0.2-3mm at max difference which is really tiny).

Sweden I think you had a bad ankle strain.
Go to a doctor and maybe you'll need a cast.
I don't think that you tore any ligament and I really hope you haven't because the rehabilitation time will be much more.

I wish the best for you and I'm sure you'll be fine.
And give time to your feet, there is no reason to do so much workout so soon after LL.
Our feet are more sensitive than before and that won't change even if we train them much more than we used to.
You should treat them wisely and carefully and understand your limits. I know that I'm not exactly like before and I'm completely ok with that.

live strong
Rgkey
LL Patient
MMT Adviser

Credibility 129

If you go through hell, don't stop, keep walking

« Reply #1741 on: May 07, 2015, 02:34:33 AM »

wow man, ur legs before LL were really bowed!! good shi* post surgery!

keep us updated about your femur!!:) im also interested since im getting a lot better with tibias.

proportion wise i would say your fine man.

Original height. 163.5cms
Current height.  172.5cms
Operation on 6/4/13
Sweden
Current recovery level: 82% and improving.
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

LL Fighter, prophet, expert, adviser, hero, LEGEND

« Reply #1742 on: May 07, 2015, 02:51:16 AM »

Foot still hurts like hell.
I can put my heel down only if I bend my knee inwards.
This is why I know my X-legs is due to stretched tendons and ligaments. This pain I feel in my foot is the exact pain I felt when I couldn't put my foot down for around 6 months.
If only I could work these ligaments somehow and stretch them I know I can improve my X-legs.

My legs were fine before my LL. That slightly bow is bc of large thigh muscles and far within normal range.

There are many pictures of me where clearly my proportions are off from what is normal. I've heard many talking about my new height and my weird looking legs. Everyone who has a sound mind can see when someone had LL in sports.
It doesn't look natural with 7 more cm in any segment.

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #1743 on: May 07, 2015, 04:34:26 AM »

I personally think your legs look much better now than before your LLing & from the before pictures they don't look within normal range. The looked bowed pre-LLing.

Body Builder
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 121

« Reply #1744 on: May 10, 2015, 06:57:51 PM »

Foot still hurts like hell.
I can put my heel down only if I bend my knee inwards.
This is why I know my X-legs is due to stretched tendons and ligaments. This pain I feel in my foot is the exact pain I felt when I couldn't put my foot down for around 6 months.
If only I could work these ligaments somehow and stretch them I know I can improve my X-legs.

My legs were fine before my LL. That slightly bow is bc of large thigh muscles and far within normal range.

There are many pictures of me where clearly my proportions are off from what is normal. I've heard many talking about my new height and my weird looking legs. Everyone who has a sound mind can see when someone had LL in sports.
It doesn't look natural with 7 more cm in any segment.
I don't know if I understood right what you said, but your foot before LL were completely out of normal range and they were obviously bowed.
Now, on the other hand, you are for sure inside the normal range.

And something more.
Maybe it is possible to hide an height increase of 6-7cm, but if you do another LL for sure anyone would understand what you did, so if you really care about that, stay where you are. If you don't then go for it, although I am the about the same height as you after LL (1cm less) and I never even think about another LL procedure, because I am completely happy with that.
I wouldn't sacrifice even 1000 euro or 1 month for LL right now. And of course, LL is much more expensive and need more than a year to feel somehow close to normal.
But that's me.

live strong
MiracleGrow
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 15

« Reply #1745 on: May 10, 2015, 11:38:47 PM »

Every post-LL picture or video I've seen of you looks proportional except for this one:

Do you think that 5CM on the tibiae looks normal on the proportions, assuming one has average/normal starting proportions?

“Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.” -Alexis Carrel

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." -Reinhold Niebuhr
Sweden
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

« Reply #1746 on: July 23, 2015, 04:01:19 PM »

5cm will almost always look good.

--------

Thanks Tall  Smiley

-----------

My right foot is broken and I'll be having surgery in August I think. I've been running with it but it didn't feel good at all.

------------

Right now I'm in The Betz Institute. Visiting the patients. Having a Red Bull. Just missed SySop. Damn, we were going for that run together and I was going to crush you Cheesy

TallmanWalking is here, doing his femurs. I was going to join him but I'm still undecided. Everyone tells me not to do it(and that's why I'm going to do it haha)....

Looks like a nice place.

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
Sweden
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

« Reply #1747 on: July 23, 2015, 04:17:30 PM »

Testing.  Smiley

Sweden
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

« Reply #1748 on: July 28, 2015, 11:04:56 PM »

https://youtu.be/QF1LiHU_D-o

This is from today. I haven't been running for 3 months since I broke my foot back then. I wore new shoes and pushed myself a little bit too hard that day, even for a normal athlete so I broke my foot. Actually it's the tibia down at the foot that broke and I didn't care about it bc I'm so sick of hospitals so I thought it would fix itself. It didn't and I'll be having a surgery for it soon. Bummer....

After 20 seconds in the video I'm really trying my absolute best and fastest I can do, with the broken foot.
In my eyes it's just terrible looking at it but it gets better.

I signed up for a professional gym that opened close to where I live now and I'll be trying my best now to get back my muscles on my legs. I miss them so bad.
Buying pants is embarrassing bc my calfs are bigger than right above my knees. I took my full measurements for a custom made racing leather suit and I am confirmed 179cm tall. I didn't buy it bc my thighs are too thin. I'm going to work on them 3 times a week and do lots of cycling.
Clearly my shins are a little too long but maybe I can get away with it if I get more buffed up.

---------------

Tomorrow I'll be heading down for Betz Land and then see the physiotherapist for a real session. I'll let you know how it went.
I'm also thinking of a consultation with Dr Betz regarding my femurs. The more I see my legs the more I believe I need to lengthen my femurs to make them proportionate. Tibias shouldn't be equal or longer than femurs, then something is really wrong.

Sweden
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

« Reply #1749 on: July 28, 2015, 11:22:35 PM »

This was my leg back in March 2013. It was devastating for my thighs.
After frame removal they were so weak from not standing up or any proper exercising at all in over 3 months that I couldn't even lift my shins up when sitting down with my own muscle power.

Remember this: If you decide to do this - you HAVE TO move every day, stand up, exercise and work hard on your ballerina. Everyone gets ballerina if they don't do anything about it and I can attest that it's a very serious condition that I'm still suffering from. I still don't have full range of motion in my both feet. Every time I stand up there is a stretch in my calfs.
One should lengthen 1 or 2 full centimeters more than planned and then push the device back when it's time for locking or frame removal. Some patients regretting turning/clicking to 8cm pushed the device back 2cm and EVERYTHING got better in an instant. Walking, ballerina, gait, posture, aches went away, nasty stretch, everything. Think about it and you'll understand why.

---------------

I know a couple of patients who take steroids and HGH. It is working of you still work hard in the gym. Everything gets better regarding your mood and how you feel about yourself. Yes, I recommend it but remember there is a downside to it too. If you don't know what you're doing then let it be. HGH will make your nose, ears, hands etc grow too - but not your willy.....

Let's see if I can gain some muscles before winter is coming. Smiley

Cheers

Body Builder
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 121

« Reply #1750 on: July 30, 2015, 01:23:23 PM »

This was my leg back in March 2013. It was devastating for my thighs.
After frame removal they were so weak from not standing up or any proper exercising at all in over 3 months that I couldn't even lift my shins up when sitting down with my own muscle power.

Remember this: If you decide to do this - you HAVE TO move every day, stand up, exercise and work hard on your ballerina. Everyone gets ballerina if they don't do anything about it and I can attest that it's a very serious condition that I'm still suffering from. I still don't have full range of motion in my both feet. Every time I stand up there is a stretch in my calfs.
One should lengthen 1 or 2 full centimeters more than planned and then push the device back when it's time for locking or frame removal. Some patients regretting turning/clicking to 8cm pushed the device back 2cm and EVERYTHING got better in an instant. Walking, ballerina, gait, posture, aches went away, nasty stretch, everything. Think about it and you'll understand why.

---------------

I know a couple of patients who take steroids and HGH. It is working of you still work hard in the gym. Everything gets better regarding your mood and how you feel about yourself. Yes, I recommend it but remember there is a downside to it too. If you don't know what you're doing then let it be. HGH will make your nose, ears, hands etc grow too - but not your willy.....

Let's see if I can gain some muscles before winter is coming. Smiley

Cheers
Stay away from steroids, the problems that they cause are much more significant than the added muscles (that will go away most of them after you stop taking these drugs).

After all, why you want to have back all your muscles on your feet Sweden? If your feet muscles are so important for you, then you shouldn't have done LL.
Everyone who does LL should know that most of the times muscles, stamina and strength of the feet won't be as before. You can't have everything in life.
If you do femurs, I'm completely sure that your feet will be more weak, so if you are so fanatic on lot losing muscles, then a second LL is not the best you can do. After all, you are 1,79, a second LL will cause you more problems than improving your life (because at almost 5.11 you are considered above average).

So, think wisely what are you gonna do.
Don't push your body to its limits for no real reason.

live strong
Ike
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #1751 on: September 22, 2015, 02:19:53 AM »

Hey Sweden I started my journey now and am
Doing my physical therapy every day multiple times.  I started at 174. 5 cm and am looking to finish with 5. 5 cm do you think that's a safe range and how do you think my recovery will go if I work hard at recovery.
Sweden
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

« Reply #1752 on: October 02, 2015, 09:52:09 AM »

Hey Sweden I started my journey now and am
Doing my physical therapy every day multiple times.  I started at 174. 5 cm and am looking to finish with 5. 5 cm do you think that's a safe range and how do you think my recovery will go if I work hard at recovery.

You'll be fine. Keep reading and you'll understand that 5cm is a safe limit.

a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #1753 on: October 02, 2015, 11:15:16 AM »

You'll be fine. Keep reading and you'll understand that 5cm is a safe limit.

What about you how are you doing....back at the gym etc ?
microman
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #1754 on: October 02, 2015, 12:47:15 PM »

Everyone gets ballerina if they don't do anything about it and I can attest that it's a very serious condition that I'm still suffering from.

do you mind if you have a look at my picture of my balerina when i am sitting down at a 90 degree angle, i have lengthened my legs at the 4cm mark now, would you say this is as bad or worse than the balerina you had.

http://i.imgur.com/txHzD6G.jpg?2

for obvious reasons i can't take a picture while standing up, thanks.
Sweden
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

« Reply #1755 on: December 01, 2015, 01:48:30 AM »

It's almost 2 years now and I can't say that I am happy with the outcome.

This year I broke my foot(the end part of the tibia down over the right foot) bc of bad shoes and a combination of my X-legs.
The ache and difficulties from the broken "foot" has been tormenting me now for 7 months and it's not getting better.
I can't run anymore and it's killing me. I gained some weight and I don't like the look of myself anymore.
I never gained back my muscular legs after I got back from India and I walk with X-legs. It doesn't look good.

If I want to be able to move freely I need to take heavy tramadol.
I am slower than all of my own students at the training center and it's just no fun anymore. My body is ruined. I shouldn't have passed 5cm on my tibias.

My right ankle has never stopped aching. Every morning is still a bitc* and now even worse with the broken foot(the right foot).

I can enjoy my new height, but the price was too high. I needed to keep more of my athletic abilities.

growsoon
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #1756 on: December 01, 2015, 03:26:55 AM »

I am sorry to hear your bad news. Hope you will recovery soon. After 5 cm, it is really hard, especially BF.
Bokaro
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #1757 on: December 02, 2015, 05:18:32 PM »

Quote from: Sweden link=topic=5743. msg107060#msg107060 date=1448934510
It's almost 2 years now and I can't say that I am happy with the outcome. 

This year I broke my foot(the end part of the tibia down over the right foot) bc of bad shoes and a combination of my X-legs. 
The ache and difficulties from the broken "foot" has been tormenting me now for 7 months and it's not getting better. 
I can't run anymore and it's killing me.  I gained some weight and I don't like the look of myself anymore. 
I never gained back my muscular legs after I got back from India and I walk with X-legs.  It doesn't look good. 

If I want to be able to move freely I need to take heavy tramadol. 
I am slower than all of my own students at the training center and it's just no fun anymore.  My body is ruined.  I shouldn't have passed 5cm on my tibias. 

My right ankle has never stopped aching.  Every morning is still a bitc* and now even worse with the broken foot(the right foot).

I can enjoy my new height, but the price was too high.  I needed to keep more of my athletic abilities. 

My friend I am sad to hear about your pain . . . . I am new to all this LL thing.  Do you recommend me doing this surgery or should forget about it Huh? is it not worth it? bcoz I was planning to do it soon.
Sweden
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

« Reply #1758 on: December 03, 2015, 01:05:55 AM »

My friend I am sad to hear about your pain . . . . I am new to all this LL thing.  Do you recommend me doing this surgery or should forget about it Huh? is it not worth it? bcoz I was planning to do it soon.

Don't pass 5cm on tibias.

For the rest of all 1000 advice - read this diary!

----------------

I looked at myself and I look like a blob. I decided to take tramadol and start running again. I completely suck at all sports right now and that's devastating in my life. I'm slow as never before and can barely move.
If it takes heavy painkillers to get any kind of quality in life, so be it.

I tried to start working again but it didn't work out.
I tried to go back to school, even worse.

Right now is really cra* but I'm hoping for the best. I'll need to work extremely hard to gain my athletic ability again.
I think I'm at 40-45% right now. It really sucks!!

Sweden
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

« Reply #1759 on: February 23, 2016, 11:14:26 PM »

Nothing really new.

Still have bad X-legs which I'm trying to fight. Still have the nails in my legs.

Can't really run as a person should. Right foot is destroyed since it was broken bc of X-legs. Aches and pain every day, no exceptions. Knees hurt on the inside bc of X-legs and it WILL develop arthritis in time. Ankles ache every morning and there is a enormous stretch in my calfs all the time when I stand up.

I shouldn't have done 7cm. Dr Sarin should have taken my concerns of X-legs more serious.

If I want to do sports I need tramadol. I'm slow as never before and move like an old man. It's embarrassing.

I don't have any muscles on my legs, still, and when I try heavy squats my feet and ankle stops me. Also the biomechanics is all wrong now so I get severe back pain in my lower back when I try it. Just terrible.
All bc of X-legs and short muscles/tendons in my lower legs.

This won't get any better now. This is my life.
The price tag of becoming 179cm.

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.