MMT Community
September 21, 2017, 11:05:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Words of wisdom from MMTA:
"Leg Lengthening is hard-work and shouldn't be considered by the faint-hearted. Physical and mental strength are needed in great measure!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

The Make Me Taller (MMT) community forum provides free information about the only REAL way to become taller - elective leg lengthening (LL) surgery. This site contains detailed information, pictures, videos, diaries and personal accounts from people who have undergone cosmetic LL to become taller. We discuss the pros and cons of Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE and other methods. Please read our FAQs first before posting and enjoy your time here finding out how to become taller! Leg Lengthening is a serious endeavor, so do your research! You can also buy MMT's new book about LL called 'Inchworm' at Amazon!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The reason behind your stature  (Read 14735 times)
EverybodyLovesRaymond
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2014, 02:11:40 PM »

Quote from: muaythaiguy link=topic=5764. msg97596#msg97596 date=1402974102
6'2 master race checking in.   Height is all genetics unless you have faced malnutrition, disease, or injury. 

Why are you on a leg lengthening forum if you are 6'2?
Reinhard
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2014, 09:31:48 PM »

Bad genetics, my dad is around 5'4" and my mom is 5'. . .
shortkid
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2014, 07:09:14 PM »

My dad is 5'9 and my mom is 5'5 and a half.  I am 5'4.  Its bullshit.  I think I am short because my dad used to have drug problems (Cocaine and weed), so I think he screwed up my genes.  Also I used to have a horrible diet of eating candy and drink soda but I also ate things like chicken strips and my blood tests never said I was malnourished.  Another thing I used to do is sleep with the tv on until i was like 12.  Maybe that had something to do with it.  My sister is only 5'2, also didn't eat well at all.  Doctors always told me I was gonna be a late bloomer and I would have a growth spurt but I am turning 20 July 31st.  Really pisses me off.  Last time I went to growth doctor they finally told me my plates were almost closed and I wasnt gonna grow.  Don't f**king understand how I am shorter than my mom. . .

Current height 162cm
Goal: 170cm
Planning on 8cm with Paley August 2014
cancerguy
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2014, 07:15:23 PM »

Mine is childhood cancer treatment pre puberty.  And its sad that the team of doctors I am under have made no effort to help me fix this acquired condition other then administering growth hormone which they know will have a limited effect having had such treatment.

On the quest to prove their treatment was wrong and incorrect.  Wink

Height:          165 cm - 5'5
Wingspan:      175 cm - 5'9
Ethnicity:       Caucasian

Avg.  Male height in country: 175 cm - 5'9
Estimated Height from Parents Calculation: 177cm - 5'10
littleangel
MMT Contributor

Credibility 10

« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2014, 08:36:29 AM »

My mom is 5'2" and my dad was 5'5".So,I am 4'11'' (150 cm) ...as a girl and my brother is 5'8".My brother is 173 cm because he's taken a few genes from my mom's side of the family.All her sisters and borthers are taller.But he's happy with his height,I have never heard him saying he's short..I was the one complaining all the time.  Grin
When I see short parents having a boy,I am always so sorry,because I know you guys  and I know how much a man can suffer from short stature.It's torture.We girls go by more easily,we suffer too,but not at the same level.
When I was pregnant I was praying for a baby girl,and I 've got one.My hubby is 5'11'' and I was not willing to take a chance to have a boy and to look at him not growing enough because of my bad genetics.From a pettite mom and a normal height dad,can result a small boy.If my husband were like 6'2'' maybe...but we can never know.I know what suffering is,I've seen it.Maybe it's wrong to think like that,but I don't want to see my child in pain.My daugher is taller than I was at her age,after the height chart,the doctor said she will be like 5'4''.I am happy.  Smiley 

“Everything you can imagine is real.”

~from 150 cm to 166 cm~
ReadRothbard
MMT Member

Credibility -23

WE ARE THE WALKING DEAD!

« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2014, 09:00:33 PM »

If you could find out 100 percent definitively the reason behind your short stature, such as nutritional deficiency, injury, prenatal care, stress, or just plain bad genetics, would it make you feel better? Worse? Or indifferent?

Growth hormone deficiency. I'm about seven inches short of my predicted height. I was supposed to be 6'1.5, and I'm only 5'6.75-5'7.

169 cm tall (5'7); ready to fight my way to 185 cm!
zeo
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 13

« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2014, 03:53:19 AM »

Growth hormone deficiency. I'm about seven inches short of my predicted height. I was supposed to be 6'1.5, and I'm only 5'6.75-5'7.

Did the doctor take a blood sample and concluded from your GH levels that you had a pituitary or congenital problem with your GH? or did you just assume that since you were so far below your predicted height it must be the GH?
zeo
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 13

« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2014, 04:39:45 AM »

When I see short parents having a boy,I am always so sorry,because I know you guys  and I know how much a man can suffer from short stature.It's torture.We girls go by more easily,we suffer too,but not at the same level.
When I was pregnant I was praying for a baby girl,and I 've got one.My hubby is 5'11'' and I was not willing to take a chance to have a boy and to look at him not growing enough because of my bad genetics.From a pettite mom and a normal height dad,can result a small boy.If my husband were like 6'2'' maybe...but we can never know.I know what suffering is,I've seen it.Maybe it's wrong to think like that,but I don't want to see my child in pain.My daugher is taller than I was at her age,after the height chart,the doctor said she will be like 5'4''.I am happy.  Smiley 

I don't know what to think about this. On one hand it is very noble for you to acknowledge the differences between how short men and short women are treated, but on the other hand this mentality very much embraces heightism.

I mean come on, "When I see short parents having a boy,I am always so sorry,because I know you guys  and I know how much a man can suffer from short stature" ... really? The last thing I (and most short men) want  is to be walking down the street with my family and have everyone feel sorry for me because my kids may come up short. I don't think people in general want to be pitied.

And I know you don't mean any of this offensively. I know you are a kind person who bears no ill will towards short people. However that doesn't change the fact that when it boils down to it you are essentially correlating tallness to happiness and shortness to misery. And I know many people here may feel this way, but I don't necessarily think that the insecurities that some people have here is projected throughout the whole short population.

Something that many people here fail to grasp is that there are short people out there that are not insecure about their height. There are short people with genuine self confidence who don't care about their height. But if you have this mentality that short people are in this immense pain and "torture" then that will no doubly be absorbed by your children whether consciously or unconsciously, and that is something that i assume we want to avoid.

TL;DR Yes, it is wrong to think like that. If you don't like how you were judged by your height, then don't judge your children's happiness by their height. Because they will possibly develop the same insecurities that we have here.
zeo
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 13

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2014, 04:58:50 AM »

I know how much a man can suffer from short stature.It's torture.
I know what suffering is,I've seen it
I don't want to see my child in pain.

I was praying for a baby girl,and I 've got one.My hubby is 5'11'' and I was not willing to take a chance to have a boy and to look at him not growing enough because of my bad genetics

Ok so lets say that all these things that you stated you believe are true. That a short son will live in torture, pain and suffering.

The thing is when you say "I was not willing to take a chance to have a boy and to look at him not growing enough because of my bad genetics" you are lying. Because guess what, you had a kid. And it was a 50/50 chance it was going to be a boy. So you definitely took a chance, and it sounds like you definately were willing. So you can really say that quote with full honesty, unless you adopted, which you didn't.

And to be honest, if you really believed that having a son means he would live in torture, pain and suffering and you were still willing to take a 50% chance on that because of your desire to have children, then that is extremely selfish. I mean if I had a disease that I honestly believed cause "pain, torture and suffering" and there was a 50% change my child will get it if i had kids, then I either wouldn't have kids or i would adopt.
zeo
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 13

« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2014, 05:01:42 AM »

So you can really say that quote with full honesty, unless you adopted, which you didn't.

Spellcheck:

So you can't really say that quote with full honesty, unless you adopted, which you didn't.
ReadRothbard
MMT Member

Credibility -23

WE ARE THE WALKING DEAD!

« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2014, 05:37:28 AM »

Did the doctor take a blood sample and concluded from your GH levels that you had a pituitary or congenital problem with your GH? or did you just assume that since you were so far below your predicted height it must be the GH?

It isn't 100% confirmed, by I'm suspecting that's what it is based on some blood work. However, I'm more suspecting that it is precocious puberty that is responsible after consulting with an endocrinologist.

169 cm tall (5'7); ready to fight my way to 185 cm!
MiracleGrow
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 15

« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2014, 07:12:12 PM »

Some people just go through puberty early. My father and I both started puberty extremely early and finished around ages 14-15 (Dad mostly done by 13 and me by 15). However, while I am almost average height, he grew to a whopping 6'2.

Will Smith, the actor, also grew to 6'2 at age 13 and never grew another millimeter. Some people with precocious puberty get epic growth spurts early on while others don't. There's no exact explanation for this phenomenon. It probably has a good bit to do with genetic production of growth factors and epiphyseal resistance to androgens, but nobody knows for sure and there isn't a ton of research going on in this area, unfortunately.

“Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.” -Alexis Carrel

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." -Reinhold Niebuhr
srimech123
MMT Member

Credibility 6

Hi, nice to meet you!

« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2014, 08:29:40 PM »

Some people just go through puberty early. My father and I both started puberty extremely early and finished around ages 14-15 (Dad mostly done by 13 and me by 15). However, while I am almost average height, he grew to a whopping 6'2.

I guess you are 5'10 judging by a post I had seen before. Damnit, your height at 15 years is above mine right now and your dads height at 13 nearly towers over mine...

What height are you aiming for?

173cm (5'8") tall at the moment, hoping to be at least 180cm (5'11") tall quite soon (or 6'1" at most).   Saving money for my first LL surgery!
srimech123
MMT Member

Credibility 6

Hi, nice to meet you!

« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2014, 08:45:10 PM »

Will Smith, the actor, also grew to 6'2 at age 13 and never grew another millimeter. Some people with precocious puberty get epic growth spurts early on while others don't. There's no exact explanation for this phenomenon. It probably has a good bit to do with genetic production of growth factors and epiphyseal resistance to androgens, but nobody knows for sure and there isn't a ton of research going on in this area, unfortunately.

Same with my dad, he was probably at his final height at 15. He is taller than me by about 2 inches right now.  I guess 2 inches because my eyes are the same level as his nose, but above his mouth. I was told I had stopped growing at 19 but I am not certain.

Judging by old family photos, the difference between my dad and me when I was 17 years old seemed like a huge difference - as I can remember, my eyes were the same level as his chin, which showed I was still growing then. I must have been no more than 5'7 then... If that was my final height then I would have felt devastated. Also, I was not hugely taller than my mum then, now I tower over her by at least half a foot.

I remember my growing slowed down a lot by the time I reached 13 years, I was 5'2 then - at least it continued for quite a long time afterwards Smiley

173cm (5'8") tall at the moment, hoping to be at least 180cm (5'11") tall quite soon (or 6'1" at most).   Saving money for my first LL surgery!
MiracleGrow
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 15

« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2014, 11:35:44 PM »

I guess you are 5'10 judging by a post I had seen before. Damnit, your height at 15 years is above mine right now and your dads height at 13 nearly towers over mine...

What height are you aiming for?

Yes, you're right about my height. I'm perfectly aware that I'm average, and I'm aware that I don't "need" LL, the way many people 5'7 and under might feel they do. I understand that my presence here can be a touchy subject, since I'm taller than most members, so I don't explicitly mention my height often at all. But since you asked, I'll confirm that that is my height. I'm nowhere near being the first 5'10 guy interested in LL, though. MMT members Tall and Polycrates both got LL at that height and reached 6'2 and 6'0.5 respectively. If you get LL, you can be quite tall after two surgeries. Why can't I do two conservative LL surgeries for 5CM each then instead of having to remain my height because I was naturally a mere two inches taller than someone 5'8, who is unanimously welcomed on MMT and supported in seeking LL. 5'9 guys get a lot of support when looking for LL, but not 5'10 guys. Beats me, and I feel that I have as much a right to LL as a 5'9 guy. Is one inch going to completely change who is justified in wanting LL and who isn't? What matters is that we have height neurosis and want to do something about it.

I'm aiming for 6'0 or 6'2. My reasons encompass permanently getting rid of the annoying And depressing feeling bitterness I get (but hate to get) about being the shortest male in my family and realizing my lifelong dream and expectation of being tall. I have a 96Cm or 97Cm sitting height and 185cm to 186cm armspan, so it might be possible. I want to do 1 LL for 5CM, and then, if my proportions can handle it, go for 5CM more, making me my dream height of 6'2 (growing up, I always saw myself reaching 6'2-6'4). I'd still be very happy with 6'0, though.

“Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.” -Alexis Carrel

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." -Reinhold Niebuhr
sheida.iri
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2016, 06:06:40 PM »

I read all of your reason and mine is very deffrent. I have twin sister and its the reason of my short height.. the prediction of my height was 160 cm and now I am 155 cm
my mother height  158
my father height 173
myself 155
my twin sister 154
I must reached my mother height and....

mu current height :155cm
my dream height :165 cm
best I can achived:162 cm
+7cm on my tibias and correcting..
considering doing LL in 2017
Obsessed01
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2016, 10:50:47 AM »

I am 160
My dad is 168 and my mom is 155,
my predicted height was 167 but i never reached  :'(
i stopped growing at 13. . .  i think i had precoceus puberty and i feel like my arms and legs are shorter then what should have been
my armspan is 160
my sitting height is 88. 5
Stunted Growth?
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2017, 07:52:32 PM »

If I found out that I was as tall as I naturally could be, I'd be relieved.  However, if I discovered that I stunted my growth, I wouldn't be happy about it of course.  I'm almost convinced that I reached my highest potential height, but I'm still trying to figure it out.

The heights in my immediate family:

Me: 6′ (182–183 cm, and morning height is 184 cm)

Older brother: 6′2, or 6′2. 4 if you will (188–189 cm, and morning height is 190 cm)

Dad: 6′2-ish at his peak (188–189 cm)

Older sister: About 5′9 (175–176 cm)

Mom: Somewhere between 5′4 and 5′5 at her peak (163–164 cm)

I know I'm not short, but I've been wondering why my sister would be taller than me if she was a male, and why I'm shorter than both my older brother and my father.  Finding the reason behind my stature doesn't change the past of course, but it pains me not to know what happened.  My theory is that I inherited one or several impactful genes from my mother which my siblings didn't inherit, which made my spine, and possibly my head, shorter.  I and my older brother have the same hand length, arm length, shoulder width, arm span (which is about 184 cm) and leg length.  His feet are longer, but from what I've heard, my father had about as long feet as me, which probably explains that.  My body definitely has decent symmetry, and my height and arm span, and my older brother's arm span, are more or less the same as the average height of our parents (gender is taken into account).  Long analysis, I know.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question, but does this indicate that I reached my max height?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.