MMT Community
August 14, 2018, 09:37:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the new photos in the Proportions section, which include photos and videos of a lady who lengthened by a full 12cm walking and stretching, and a guy who did 8.8cm taking his first steps! Shocked Click Here!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Emanuel - Internal Femurs - Dr. Jamal - 2013 - It's time to go to war!  (Read 117798 times)
emanuel
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 50

« Reply #120 on: April 02, 2013, 09:44:27 PM »

By the way Emanuel what was your weight before your operation?

Around 70kg, but I've lost a considerable amount of weight now during the LL process.

According to Dr Jamal the device can only go that fast by itself, when muscles are flexible (have reserves for lengthening)
How flexible where you before the operation? Could you do split for example?

I couldn't do splits, not even close to that  Grin
But I've been stretching everyday for around 2,5 months before LL. And I am an active tennis player, competing in league games and tournaments. In tennis matches you are actually doing a lot of stretches in a fast and "uncontrolled" way. Don't know if that helps for LL or not.

But maybe even more important is the program you are doing while your LL process. The physio is pushing me really hard with exercises and stretches; I am literally moaning when he stretches my legs! Daily massage also helps much I believe.

I did Internal Femurs with Dr. Jamal in Kiev in 2013.

Starting height: 165,5cm (5'5") Lengthened: 7,5 cm.
Due to long-term complications with bone healing/non-union causing nail breakages I lost some of the gained height in both legs. Final lengthening: probably a little more than 6cm.
tallmanwalking
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #121 on: April 03, 2013, 08:53:06 AM »

but maybe even more important is the program you are doing while your LL process. The physio is pushing me really hard with exercises and stretches; I am literally moaning when he stretches my legs! Daily massage also helps much I believe.

What kind of program is it?
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #122 on: April 03, 2013, 11:03:09 AM »

Great x-rays Emanuel. I've upgraded your member status and given you some extra credibility. Cheers.
emanuel
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 50

« Reply #123 on: April 03, 2013, 08:06:37 PM »

What kind of program is it?

Physiotherapy takes around 3 hours and basically consists of 3 parts:

- Apparatus (~1-1,5h)
Two different russian apparatuses are used for relexation of muscles

- Exercises (~1,5h)
different kinds of leg exercises for strength and stretch of muscles, also some knee exercises, standing

- Leg Stretch (not much more than 10min)
Physio usually does 3 stretches per leg. The first is well bearable, the second is quite hard and the third one is really hard.

However, Dr Jamal now told the physio to leave out difficult stretches and exercises because I am close to finish lengthening and relaxing muscles is now more important. Therefore, today's program was quite easy.

Due to long-term complications with bone healing/non-union causing nail breakages I lost some of the gained height in both legs. Final lengthening: probably a little more than 6cm.
emanuel
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 50

« Reply #124 on: April 03, 2013, 08:09:17 PM »

Great x-rays Emanuel. I've upgraded your member status and given you some extra credibility. Cheers.

Thanks, SysOp.

chuck norris
MMT Contributor

Credibility -4

« Reply #125 on: April 03, 2013, 08:53:17 PM »

hey emanuel, don't mean to scare you or something but from what I see the gap is completely blank with no trace of bone growing. That is not very good. Maybe the bad quality of the pic is to blame and there is some bone forming, but if not, you should definitely talk to your doctor about it.
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2013, 01:59:24 AM »

I noticed it too, but hopefully it is just the tomographie.

emanuel
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 50

« Reply #127 on: April 04, 2013, 10:22:34 AM »

That tomographie was especially made to see the exact distraction. I saw on earlier x-rays that I have a little bone regeneration already, but it can't be seen on that tomographie  Smiley

emanuel
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 50

« Reply #128 on: April 04, 2013, 11:36:42 AM »

Didn't click my right leg yesterday and it is amazing what a difference it makes: I didn't feel any stretching or muscle pain in the evening in that leg and slept a solid 7 hours!
So I decided that 1 day break has been enough and just started clicking again  Grin

egghead
MMT Member

Credibility 12

« Reply #129 on: April 04, 2013, 02:53:45 PM »

Emanuel,

What does your Doctor say about your xrays?
emanuel
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 50

« Reply #130 on: April 04, 2013, 06:58:14 PM »

He says everything is normal.

Need2BTaller
MMT Contributor

Credibility 14

So you think I'm short do you!?!?!?!!

« Reply #131 on: April 04, 2013, 07:18:58 PM »

That's good to hear brotha.   Grin

Height: 168cm
Wingspan: 176cm
Goal: 175-176cm
Date: 2014-2015
Place of Surgery: TBD
Type: TBD

Tall like a 3rd grader.
« Reply #132 on: April 04, 2013, 09:33:43 PM »

That is good. Do you know how much new bone tissue should be in the gap after two months of lengthening? Did Dr. Jamal tell you anything about this?
egghead
MMT Member

Credibility 12

« Reply #133 on: April 04, 2013, 10:16:33 PM »

Great! The other xrays must show it. Really glad to hear.
tallmanwalking
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #134 on: April 04, 2013, 11:06:39 PM »

your x-rey looks good Smiley
Do you know if 18 clicks is 1mm exactly ?
NBW
MMT Contributor

Credibility 8

« Reply #135 on: April 05, 2013, 04:45:07 AM »

Have you experienced atrophy in the calves? I know when people lengthen tibs, they experience it in their femurs, such as Sweden.

Height:
Morning - 162cm
Night - 160cm
Wingspan: 167cm
emanuel
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 50

« Reply #136 on: April 05, 2013, 11:15:21 AM »

Do you know how much new bone tissue should be in the gap after two months of lengthening? Did Dr. Jamal tell you anything about this?

Well, he just said that it's normal that after 2 months not much new bone tissue is visible on the x-ray. And that bone regeneration will improve after lengthening is finished. I am not too worried about this because in one x-ray he showed me that there is slight regeneration already. New bone has to come eventually, that's just nature or not? Also I imagine that my fast lengthening didn't really help the body to produce much new bone yet.

Do you know if 18 clicks is 1mm exactly ?

According to Dr Jamal, yes.

Have you experienced atrophy in the calves? I know when people lengthen tibs, they experience it in their femurs, such as Sweden.

Yes and in general, most muscles have been getting smaller and weaker due to little activity and lying in bed so much. For example, when I am standing on the walker, I realize that my arms are much weaker than before. I'll have a lot of work to do when lengthening is finished! The muscles that are strongest compared with before probably are those in the femurs due to exercises in physiotherapie.

emanuel
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 50

« Reply #137 on: April 05, 2013, 11:29:56 AM »

I have to say that my condition got somewhat worse after Dr Jamal told the physio not to do difficult exercises and difficult stretches anymore due to high amount of lengthening. Especially in my left leg I felt more pain last 2-3 days and also I am getting less flexible without the hard stretches.
But maybe it's just the amount of lengthening that naturally causes problems; I am around 7cm in the left leg and around 6cm in the right leg now.

Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #138 on: April 05, 2013, 01:54:49 PM »

Well, he just said that it's normal that after 2 months not much new bone tissue is visible on the x-ray. And that bone regeneration will improve after lengthening is finished. I am not too worried about this because in one x-ray he showed me that there is slight regeneration already. New bone has to come eventually, that's just nature or not? Also I imagine that my fast lengthening didn't really help the body to produce much bone growth yet.

You might want to get on some calcium & Vit D supplements just to be safe. Your fast distraction did not help your bone growth at all. Keep an eye on it....

sky
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #139 on: April 05, 2013, 02:23:49 PM »

Hi,

I'm glad to hear you are doing well, I have a question about doing one leg at a time for tibia. Do you think I can do surgery one tibia and come back to France after 2 or 3 week to go to work and finish the LL at home ?

Best regards
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.