MMT Community
December 13, 2018, 12:30:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Make Me Taller is the world's leading discussion forum for Leg Lengthening - this is a professionally-run site and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening. Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Emanuel - Internal Femurs - Dr. Jamal - 2013 - It's time to go to war!  (Read 128210 times)
GROWtallORdieTRYING
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2013, 03:49:58 PM »

how much is jamel charging you?

, and dont forget to let everyone know how soon it takes you to start walking without a walking aid after both leggs have been done.

good luck, wish you the best
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2013, 03:58:24 PM »

I don't think it's any surprise that the hospital food is awful. That's pretty universal with any hospital in the world. If the hospital food was good, I might be concerned. LOL.

Congrats on getting situated in your apartment. The worst is over. Now to lengthening, which has its own set of challenges. Smiley
emanuel
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 50

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2013, 06:16:37 PM »

This is just f**king great, man!!!!! f**king great!!! What is your overall opinion about Dr. Jamal, Ukraine, Kiev, your apartment ( it looks pretty f**king great imo). How much does your apartment cost for a month? Is the food nice? Can you trust Loudmilla, the woman who lives with you in the apartment? Do you have to pay some extra cash for having Loudmilla? Would you recommend Dr. Jamal to others? Sorry for the questions buddy, but I'm very excited now.

Hey 511, been missing you already  Wink Not been posting much lately, where you been?
Appartment price I don't remember exactly, it is sth like 700 Euros/month + water, electricity etc.

Loudmilla: I think I can fully trust her, not every Loudmilla is the same you know! She is (was) currently unemployed and the 200 UAH/day (like 18,50) give her a normal income (she is from a small ukrainian city). It would be nice if she started preparing sauces though; a lot of meals are dry and a lot less tasty without a sauce!

Dr. J: All I can say so far is that he is a extremely caring doctor. He visits me 3 times a day and if necessary stays an hour or longer (OK, the fact that only 1 other LL patient is here right now might help in that respect). Twice I called him like 6am in the morning because of pain and he came in half hour or so to give me injection.
Also not to forget is Dr. Alipov who helps if there are any organisational questions.

Keep up the great work with all the photos and hopefully you can include some videos of your physical therapy during your lengthening.  I wish you all the best man!       

Thanks, man! Not much experience doing videos with my smartphone, but I might try it later...

how much is jamel charging you?

, and dont forget to let everyone know how soon it takes you to start walking without a walking aid after both leggs have been done.

good luck, wish you the best

Price for Internal Femurs is 39k USD, which includes everything but not accomodation and food. Again, for more Information I'd like to refer to Stadiometer's very detailed thread: http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,5709.0.html

The worst is over. Now to lengthening, which has its own set of challenges. Smiley

In fact I am clicking since 3 or 4 days already, but unfortunaly Dr. J currently doesn't allow me more than 5 clicks/day, which is like 0,3mm. Following words describe his basic philosophy: "Slowly, slowly, body has to adapt." While I am sure that he knows what he is doing, something in me really wants to do the full 18 clicks for 1mm!
If I got it right, he wants my right leg to be as strong as possible after the surgery of the left leg (which will be next week). And then after 2nd surgery clicking rate will be gradually increased to 18 clicks/day.

I did Internal Femurs with Dr. Jamal in Kiev in 2013.

Starting height: 165,5cm (5'5") Lengthened: 7,5 cm.
Due to long-term complications with bone healing/non-union causing nail breakages I lost some of the gained height in both legs. Final lengthening: probably a little more than 6cm.
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2013, 10:35:04 PM »

Hey 511, been missing you already  Wink Not been posting much lately, where you been?
Appartment price I don't remember exactly, it is sth like 700 Euros/month + water, electricity etc.

Loudmilla: I think I can fully trust her, not every Loudmilla is the same you know! She is (was) currently unemployed and the 200 UAH/day (like 18,50) give her a normal income (she is from a small ukrainian city). It would be nice if she started preparing sauces though; a lot of meals are dry and a lot less tasty without a sauce!

Dr. J: All I can say so far is that he is a extremely caring doctor. He visits me 3 times a day and if necessary stays an hour or longer (OK, the fact that only 1 other LL patient is here right now might help in that respect). Twice I called him like 6am in the morning because of pain and he came in half hour or so to give me injection.
Also not to forget is Dr. Alipov who helps if there are any organisational questions.

Yeah, I've been off this forum for a little bit. Trying to get LL out of my head until I have my surgery. Past months have been super hard for me, but very productive also! I think it will be easier if I do not concentrate too much on having LL. But I really want to follow your diary, buddy! I'm a visual type of guy so thanks for all the photos. Keep posting nice pics brother, I'm especially interested in scars. Can you please ask Dr. Jamal about scar healing? Are they noticable after one is fully healed? I checked the clinic's website, found some pics but am really interested in more pics about scars with the Biliskunov Nail.

Oh god, I'm too f**king happy Smiley that a cheaper internal LL option exists with such a good doctor. Hey buddy, tell Dr. Jamal that he has a good chance of being on the "Doctors That I DO Recommend For Leg Lengthening" list soon, if he treats you right. I know he does. He is a good doctor. I mean come on, you call him at 6 a.m. and he is at your apartment 30 minutes later??!!! And he visits you 3 times a day??? Now these are signs of a good doctor. He is the Ukranian Dr. Betz, lol! And this country is so close to mine, I could be in Kiev in a day by train and have a good night's sleep while traveling. It would be like Harry Potter going to Roxfort. Wink Thanks for all the effort you put into writing this diary, bro!
emanuel
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 50

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2013, 06:35:56 PM »

I'm especially interested in scars. Can you please ask Dr. Jamal about scar healing? Are they noticable after one is fully healed? I checked the clinic's website, found some pics but am really interested in more pics about scars with the Biliskunov Nail.

I've asked Dr J about the scar thing, when he visited me like 2 hours ago. He said that when stitches are removed, he will give a special injection directed against scars. And later I shall use a cream (or lotion; don't know the correct english word) against scars daily. How it will look after that, we'll see  Wink

Personally I am not worried about scars at all. I rather take a few scars than being 5'5 my whole life.     

Due to long-term complications with bone healing/non-union causing nail breakages I lost some of the gained height in both legs. Final lengthening: probably a little more than 6cm.
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2013, 06:50:28 PM »

I've asked Dr J about the scar thing, when he visited me like 2 hours ago. He said that when stitches are removed, he will give a special injection directed against scars. And later I shall use a cream (or lotion; don't know the correct english word) against scars daily. How it will look after that, we'll see  Wink

Personally I am not worried about scars at all. I rather take a few scars than being 5'5 my whole life.     

Every incision site you have right now will have to be reopened to take out the screws holding your rods, and the rods themselves. It's much too early to be thinking about dealing with the scars you will have from your LL.
sky
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2013, 12:37:45 PM »

I'm very happy for you.
emanuel
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 50

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2013, 03:36:30 PM »

I'm very happy for you.

Thank you. Indeed I am doing good right now. Pain Level is extremely low. Since today I don't even get injection in the morning anymore. So it's only 1 injection in the evening before sleeping and additionally throughout the day 1-2 relatively weak pills like Ibuprofen or Ketanov.

But still I only have one broken leg and lengthening rate right now is only 7 clicks/day (1mm = 18clicks). The real test will come with two broken legs and lengthening rate of 1mm/day.

As I can comfortably move my leg to the side now, I thought it was time to make some photos of the area where the operation was done.

This is 13 days post OP:

Big cut:

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2013, 09:28:54 PM »

It seems that these scars are very narrow, similar to what we've seen in the case of Apotheosis with Dr. Betz.
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2013, 05:16:41 AM »

It seems that these scars are very narrow, similar to what we've seen in the case of Apotheosis with Dr. Betz.

Sorry 511, but those scars do not look like the scars Dr. Betz does....

emanuel
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 50

« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2013, 11:53:22 AM »

These photos are only 13 days after operation and only 1 day after removal of stitches. To quote from Dryani's most recent post: "Freshly healed wounds are not scars"

Also, I am with Sysop and don't think about scars at this early point of my LL journey.

Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2013, 04:44:41 PM »

These photos are only 13 days after operation and only 1 day after removal of stitches. To quote from Dryani's most recent post: "Freshly healed wounds are not scars"

Also, I am with Sysop and don't think about scars at this early point of my LL journey.

You are correct. LLing scars are surgical incisions that have healed. Your pictures are of your fresh incisions & they will fade. As a former patient of Dr. Betz, I have to say that those surgical incisions do not look like the work of Dr. Betz, but each doctor is different. How are you feeling Emanuel? Is there any chance you can post an x-ray? I would love to see that clicker!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 04:55:02 PM by Tall » Logged

emanuel
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 50

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2013, 09:17:56 AM »

How are you feeling Emanuel? Is there any chance you can post an x-ray? I would love to see that clicker!

Hey Tall,

Dr. Jamal said that he wants to make x-rays after surgery of the 2nd leg; of course I'll try to post them!

Physically I am doing amazing right now. Don't need pain injections anymore. Some ordinary pain killers, that everybody can buy at the pharmacie without prescription, are doing the job. Exercises (standing with knee straight, knee bending, some stretching) also go relatively easy.

The biggest challenge right now is that waiting game. Only doing 7 clicks when you feel that your body could easily handle the 18clicks for 1mm is mentally challenging! Dr J wants my right leg to be as strong as possible after 2nd surgery so that it can support the freshly broken left leg. That's why he is doing it like this and I like his plan. He told me yesterday 2nd surgery will be Monday or Wednesday; hopefully Monday lol 

I wish you all the best in your final LL journey as well!

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2013, 03:01:59 PM »

Sorry 511, but those scars do not look like the scars Dr. Betz does....

Tall,

Ok, you know.   Smiley

I've read a lot of Dr. Betz diaries, but really haven't found exact descriptions about incisions. Where are they after femur surgery? How long are they? I'd really appreciate if you could help me with this.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 03:09:43 PM by 511 » Logged
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2013, 06:37:47 PM »

Tall,

Ok, you know.   Smiley

I've read a lot of Dr. Betz diaries, but really haven't found exact descriptions about incisions. Where are they after femur surgery? How long are they? I'd really appreciate if you could help me with this.

Hey 511,

I don't think Emanuel's diary is the right place to be talking about Dr. Betz's surgical technique vs Dr. Jamal's. I'll send you a PM.

God Bless,

Tall

emanuel
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 50

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2013, 06:54:23 PM »

Hey 511,

I don't think Emanuel's diary is the right place to be talking about Dr. Betz's surgical technique vs Dr. Jamal's. I'll send you a PM.

God Bless,

Tall

If you guys discuss this here, I don't have a problem with it either.

But Tall, as you're already here, I'd have a question  Wink:

The doctors here are kind of encouraging about lengthening femurs more than my intended 6,5-7cm. Judging by your own experience: what is the maximum safe amount of (only) femur lengthening considering possible future health problems? Or does it depend on individual proportions before LL?

Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2013, 06:56:36 PM »

Hey Tall,

Dr. Jamal said that he wants to make x-rays after surgery of the 2nd leg; of course I'll try to post them!

Physically I am doing amazing right now. Don't need pain injections anymore. Some ordinary pain killers, that everybody can buy at the pharmacie without prescription, are doing the job. Exercises (standing with knee straight, knee bending, some stretching) also go relatively easy.

The biggest challenge right now is that waiting game. Only doing 7 clicks when you feel that your body could easily handle the 18clicks for 1mm is mentally challenging! Dr J wants my right leg to be as strong as possible after 2nd surgery so that it can support the freshly broken left leg. That's why he is doing it like this and I like his plan. He told me yesterday 2nd surgery will be Monday or Wednesday; hopefully Monday lol 

I wish you all the best in your final LL journey as well!

Thanks Emanuel! I really enjoy your diary. Keep up the great work! It's also good that you are in minimal pain. Don't worry about not clicking, it will actually improve your consolidation. Sound like Dr. Jamal has a good plan. Keep us updated!  Smiley

Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2013, 07:01:04 PM »

If you guys discuss this here, I don't have a problem with it either.

But Tall, as you're already here, I'd have a question  Wink:

The doctors here are kind of encouraging about lengthening femurs more than my intended 6,5-7cm. Judging by your own experience: what is the maximum safe amount of (only) femur lengthening considering possible future health problems? Or does it depend on individual proportions before LL?

I think it depends on your individual proportions, but a safe rule is 7.5CM. As for the future health risks, this is also a bit subjective. Just because I was experiencing knee problems doesn't mean that you will. I know that I personally wish I would have only done 7.5CM. Just listen to your body as you lengthen & keep checking how you look in the mirror.

emanuel
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 50

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2013, 08:41:43 PM »

I think it depends on your individual proportions, but a safe rule is 7.5CM. As for the future health risks, this is also a bit subjective. Just because I was experiencing knee problems doesn't mean that you will. I know that I personally wish I would have only done 7.5CM. Just listen to your body as you lengthen & keep checking how you look in the mirror.

Thanks for your advice, it is much appreciated.

sky
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2013, 11:02:02 AM »

Hi

How are you doing ? I don't know what to say, but I keep reading your dairy every day for encouraging, keep us update.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.