MMT Community
November 19, 2017, 07:01:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: NOTE: To see all of our content, and to be able to read the diaries and discussions threads, you must be a member and you must be signed-in or they will not show up.

Sign-up now - it's free and you'll have full access to all of our world-leading resources!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nanog - Internal Femurs - Dr. Mahboubian - 2013 - Growing Taller With PRECICE  (Read 15687 times)
samson
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2013, 04:47:07 AM »

I think he finished recently. Dr. M just put up X-rays on his Facebook page of a femur patient who had completed 5cm with great bone regeneration. I'm not sure if it's him or not...

sorry, my bad. I was looking at the pictures of this guy doing femur one at a time.
kusop
MMT Contributor

Credibility -132

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2013, 09:52:02 AM »

I think he finished recently. Dr. M just put up X-rays on his Facebook page of a femur patient who had completed 5cm with great bone regeneration. I'm not sure if it's him or not...

why do the x-rays have yellow stickers saying 29.march 2013?
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2013, 05:04:21 PM »

I don't know. I didn't even notice that. It may not be him then.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 05:11:37 PM by Tall » Logged

Lex
MMT Contributor

Credibility 5

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2013, 10:22:09 PM »

hi a1_z1.  being in the wheelchair is actually not that bad.  i just watch some tv and read during the day.  i transfer to the bed to do some stretching and the lengthening is three times daily, which breaks up the day.  the worst part is at night when i'm just laying flat trying to sleep.  my legs feel very tight and heavy and it's very uncomfortable. 

Hi Nanog, I hope you are doing well? As we have not had any update from you?
nanog
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2013, 08:39:49 AM »

Hi everyone.  Iím terribly sorry about not keeping up with my posts.  Dr.  M had even said that some people were asking him to remind me to update.  I want to assure everyone that nothing bad happened.  As the lengthening progressed, everyday was just so busy because I had a routine involving PT, biking at least two hours a day, stretching before and after lengthening, etc.  And add in time to eat and bathe and sleep and there really wasnít time to do much else.  Also, it was very uncomfortable for me to sit in the wheelchair so I wasnít able to use my computer during the lengthening.  I have also been super busy with school/work since the consolidation so thatís why I was so bad about keeping up.  I apologize if I worried anyone unnecessarily. 

Just to summarize my case, I had surgery on Jan 31, started lengthening on post-op day 6, lengthened about 5cm, and started consolidation at the very end of March.  Dr.  M cleared me to weight bear on only my left leg after 4 weeks, and then 2 weeks later he cleared me for full weight bearing on both sides.  I used 2 crutches for the two weeks that I was only allowed to weight bear on the left side, and then I used a walker and a cane for about 3 weeks once I could fully weight bear on both sides.  I stopped the cane and have been walking unassisted for about 3 weeks now.  My gait is not normal because I think my hip muscles are weak from the immobility, but every week there is improvement and I am still continuing PT right now, which is helping.  I have a small limp/wobble right now and my tendency is to spread my legs apart and wide.  I have to really concentrate to walk with my legs together.  My legs are also still kind of stiff, but they have definitely loosened up since the lengthening.  Stretching is still necessary and helps somewhat.  During the lengthening, I also experienced some nerve pain and tingling and numbness in both calves.  I started Neurontin for that, which probably helped a little.  Once I could weight bear, the nerve problems improved a lot.  There is still some numbness but the pain and tingling have mostly disappeared.  Iím off the Neurontin now too and everything is fine.  I am confident that with enough time this will improve and I am not worried about it. 

I have an appointment to see Dr.  M tomorrow.  Overall, I am very pleased with the result and have no regrets about doing the procedure.  It has changed my life for the better.  Even though I still have a lot of work to do now in terms of PT so that I can walk normally again, I am happy to do it and optimistic about my recovery.  Once again, I'm very sorry for not keeping up with the entries and will try my best to answer questions.  Thanks. 
Lex
MMT Contributor

Credibility 5

« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2013, 09:33:26 AM »

Hi everyone.  Iím terribly sorry about not keeping up with my posts.  Dr.  M had even said that some people were asking him to remind me to update.  I want to assure everyone that nothing bad happened.  As the lengthening progressed, everyday was just so busy because I had a routine involving PT, biking at least two hours a day, stretching before and after lengthening, etc.  And add in time to eat and bathe and sleep and there really wasnít time to do much else.  Also, it was very uncomfortable for me to sit in the wheelchair so I wasnít able to use my computer during the lengthening.  I have also been super busy with school/work since the consolidation so thatís why I was so bad about keeping up.  I apologize if I worried anyone unnecessarily. 

Just to summarize my case, I had surgery on Jan 31, started lengthening on post-op day 6, lengthened about 5cm, and started consolidation at the very end of March.  Dr.  M cleared me to weight bear on only my left leg after 4 weeks, and then 2 weeks later he cleared me for full weight bearing on both sides.  I used 2 crutches for the two weeks that I was only allowed to weight bear on the left side, and then I used a walker and a cane for about 3 weeks once I could fully weight bear on both sides.  I stopped the cane and have been walking unassisted for about 3 weeks now.  My gait is not normal because I think my hip muscles are weak from the immobility, but every week there is improvement and I am still continuing PT right now, which is helping.  I have a small limp/wobble right now and my tendency is to spread my legs apart and wide.  I have to really concentrate to walk with my legs together.  My legs are also still kind of stiff, but they have definitely loosened up since the lengthening.  Stretching is still necessary and helps somewhat.  During the lengthening, I also experienced some nerve pain and tingling and numbness in both calves.  I started Neurontin for that, which probably helped a little.  Once I could weight bear, the nerve problems improved a lot.  There is still some numbness but the pain and tingling have mostly disappeared.  Iím off the Neurontin now too and everything is fine.  I am confident that with enough time this will improve and I am not worried about it. 

I have an appointment to see Dr.  M tomorrow.  Overall, I am very pleased with the result and have no regrets about doing the procedure.  It has changed my life for the better.  Even though I still have a lot of work to do now in terms of PT so that I can walk normally again, I am happy to do it and optimistic about my recovery.  Once again, I'm very sorry for not keeping up with the entries and will try my best to answer questions.  Thanks. 

Hey thanks for the update...  Given time things will improve. Grin
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2013, 12:00:34 PM »

Great. that is good to know ,.... see you are doing school work as well, so I guess you can concentrate on other activities as well. It was not that bad, good to know. When do you think you will be able to walk to the supermarket and in the park an assisted ?
nanog
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2013, 09:03:51 PM »

A1_z1, I can walk without any help now and can go to the store, gym, etc on my own. The gait is not completely normal yet but Dr. M said Iíll continue to recover with more PT and things will be back to normal eventually. He also said I could start running now based on the most recent xrays last week.
Maria99
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2013, 11:24:05 PM »

Hi Nanog, glad to see your recovery is going well! Smiley How are you enjoying your new height? Have your friends and family commented on the difference??
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2013, 12:05:32 AM »

A1_z1, I can walk without any help now and can go to the store, gym, etc on my own. The gait is not completely normal yet but Dr. M said Iíll continue to recover with more PT and things will be back to normal eventually. He also said I could start running now based on the most recent xrays last week.

Thx a lot. So now the x rays (dr visits) are like what - 1 per month ?
Thermal49
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2013, 01:58:19 AM »

Grin
Congratulations on your recovery!! 

Thermal
Yardbird
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2016, 04:52:38 PM »

Congrats.  Thanks for sharing your experience!
Girl12017
n00b

Credibility 1

« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2017, 05:35:29 AM »

nanog post 6/11/13
Thank you for sharing your experience.  I am currently in the lengthening process, and I am having nerve numbness on left calf. I was given Gabapentin.  Did your nerve issues go away and leg return to normal?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.