MMT Community
September 21, 2017, 10:54:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Words of wisdom from SysOp:
"Height is like money. It is insignificant only to those who have plenty of it." Tongue

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Has the information on this forum made you more OR less likely to have Leg Lengthening?
It has made me more likely to have it.
It has made me less likely to have it.
It has made no difference to me whatsoever.
I just come here to entertain myself by reading about crazy people.
This forum is irresponsible and should be closed down immediately!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has this forum made you more or less likely to have LL?  (Read 47005 times)
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« on: September 14, 2007, 12:43:53 AM »

My post-box has always fascinated me due to the mix of emails I receive!

There are five main types:

1. 'ra-ra' emails from positive people who are having LL or who have had it and are lovin' it, lovin' it, lovin' it and enjoying their new height!

2. 'whiny' emails from people who probably shouldn't have had LL in the first place complaining that Beijing/Serbia/USA/Thailand/India/France/Germany/Egypt (delete as appropriate) is a living hell and that the world should know and that they should have gone to Beijing/Serbia/USA/Thailand/India/France/Germany/Egypt (delete as appropriate) instead, because they've heard it is paradise there.

3. Random trolls who think that anyone who thinks about doing LL is crazy and should be locked-up - especially nasty 'ol MMT for encouraging these psychologically-unbalanced people (why do these people join the forum in the first place?!)

4. People who want to meet me to see what a former LL patient looks like.

5. Those who have read some of our 'premier' diaries and decided not to go ahead with / or have decided to go ahead with LL and are very grateful with the depth of information available here.

I don't really know which group is bigger, and why so many people visit this forum every day, but I'd be interested to find out, so that's why I'm putting up this poll Smiley

It would be interesting to see people's comments on this too - and why they visit MMT and why it is useful/entertaining/irritating/stimulating for them! Once you've voted, please write a a little explanation as to why you voted that way

Cheers,
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 12:50:02 AM by MMT Admin » Logged

LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 136

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 12:53:15 AM »

Definitely more likely. I am 19 and my height is 174 CM. I will make the operation as soon as I collect enough money. Your forum made me learn more about the process and believe in it that much more. I do believe it would make me happier. I do believe the taller, in general, receives more benefits.

So, yes. Thank you for the forum. Anybody who comes here shouting we are crazy is a lost soul that has nothing better to do. Most of us here are people who are determined to succeed in many ways. The society, whether we like it or not, values the taller more and gives him more benefits. Most of us are ready to handle pain and spend more than a year to make our dream a reality.

Thanks again and best of luck to all of you.
shortay3
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 02:12:13 AM »

I voted  that this forum has increased my interest and ultimately my decision to go forth with LL. I have been a member on this forum for quite some time now. The posts which I  have read ( negative and positive) have  increased my understanding  about this process and its potential ups and downs. I am grateful for this medium which allows people from all over the country to exchange their personal experiences.
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 08:36:20 AM »

Thanks for the comments - very interesting.

I just wonder if the people who voted for 'just here for entertainment' and 'this forum should be closed down' could just explain why they think that is the case.

They won't get flamed, I'm just interested to understand your point of view.

Cheers,

MMT

Guckle
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 10:58:52 AM »

I was probably going to have it done anyway but this forum has given me a much better insight into techniques used, patient experiences, prices etc.

Thanks for the great job!
Yasmin
MMT Member

Credibility 9

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 11:31:37 AM »

Deffinitely encouraged me!

Yasmin
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 04:01:31 PM »

It's interesting that it hasn't discouraged anyone, but I wonder why that is - there are some gruesome pictures and a handful of horror stories, but it doesn't look that affects people too much?

brooklyn girl
Banned
Lurker

Credibility 1

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 05:36:46 PM »

O yeah , no doubt about it. I am so thankful to God for giving me an opportunity to turn  my dream into reality. Extremely happy that I found this site , believe it or not I am not depressed any more I feel much better knowing that  there is actually something that  I can do about my problem, because my  height bothered for many years. It is such a relief not to feel helpless anymore because everyone told me that there is unfortunately nothing you can do so deal with being short and that I will have to stay 5'4 for the rest of my life and now they're all proven wrong. Thanks a lot MMT Admin, you probably have no idea what this means to me and I'm sure to lots of people.
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2007, 12:07:06 AM »

I'm really glad that so many people find it useful - knowing that reminds why I set this site up, and makes some of the grief I get worthwhile Smiley

Yasmin
MMT Member

Credibility 9

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2007, 02:57:17 PM »

The gruesome pictures are the reality of LL. And there is explanation for those pictures too aren't there? Wink
The main concern for us is the recovery! Since that is possible why not go through the procedure if you want to be taller so much.

Yasmin
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2007, 08:49:41 PM »

Would the people who want the forum closed down please tell us why?! I'm not looking for an argument, I'm just interested to know why you would join the forum if you think that LL is wrong? Don't be shy Smiley

small:)
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2007, 06:55:49 PM »

hello all:) for me i'm still not sure yet! i'd love to be taller but i just wanna guarantee that regration is not going to take a place in my life for any reason if i go for this operation. and i think that the most thing i'm affraid of is feeling like a psycho with the extra hieght!! so it's complicated for me and i wish i had the courage that most of you have guys (i'm not participating that much in the forum but following ur news since the very begining). the one thing i'm sure about is thanx to MMT this forum is helping a lot to make up my mind. good luck for all and wish u the best. Grin
Summer2008
LL Veteran
MMT Contributor

Credibility 101

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2007, 07:58:33 PM »

I seriously made up my mind to have LL 8 years ago, at the age of 17.  This forum just confirmed my suspicion that I might not be crazy... and in a couple months it will provide a cool place to share my experiences with everyone.

I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat
and a '64 Impala
Stern
LL Patient
Lurker

Credibility -3

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2007, 09:58:52 AM »

I had LL last summer and it was only after I was back in my home country that I came across MMT. Nevertheless the forum has helped my cope with the aftermath of LL, which turned out to be more prolonged than I expected. As I wait for full recuperation the forum strengthens my conviction that I made the right decision and did the right thing. 
Penguin
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2008, 06:02:28 AM »

More

thanks everybody.
soon i will hurt and curse your screen names during recovery.

i think this forum is awesome because there are so many questions and experiences that you cannot just get from a doctor.

thanks MMT your my M#$P FDPOU hero!

8 Equals D
Plus3
LL Warrior
MMT Member

Credibility 130

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2008, 06:29:21 PM »

Hi MM

Good question, however I think you have missed one option in your answer list.

In my opinion This site has given me the information to enabled me to make an informed decision about LL. 

Keep the faith B59

Completed lengthening in Tartous, Syria with Dr Salameh.

@10mm 26 October
@20mm 11 November
@30mm 24 November
@40mm 03 Dec (Top Cut @34.0mm - Bot @6.0mm)
@50mm 12 Dec (Top Cut @37.5mm - Bot @12.5mm)
@70mm 01 Jan (Top Cut @45.7mm - Bot @24.3mm)
@76.2mm 09 Jan (Top Cut @48.7mm - Bot @27.5mm)
DestinedForSky
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2008, 01:47:27 AM »

It gave me the knowledge and a goal to aim for.

It help me stay focus on my university study!
Plus3
LL Warrior
MMT Member

Credibility 130

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2008, 09:15:13 PM »

Hi MMT.

This question, and the anwers, has just re-affirmed my ackwloedement in human judgment.  If you as 100 people the same question you will get a proportion of the people agreeing and a proportion of the peope diss-agreeing. It like politics, in england the last 3 elections have been won by a paryty with  a total % of about 37%.  Which means that 63% did not want them in.  LL is the same, in my opinion you can only take those what have experienced LL as an opinion. 

Keep the faith B59

Completed lengthening in Tartous, Syria with Dr Salameh.

@10mm 26 October
@20mm 11 November
@30mm 24 November
@40mm 03 Dec (Top Cut @34.0mm - Bot @6.0mm)
@50mm 12 Dec (Top Cut @37.5mm - Bot @12.5mm)
@70mm 01 Jan (Top Cut @45.7mm - Bot @24.3mm)
@76.2mm 09 Jan (Top Cut @48.7mm - Bot @27.5mm)
dancedd
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2008, 05:47:42 AM »

It's interesting that it hasn't discouraged anyone, but I wonder why that is - there are some gruesome pictures and a handful of horror stories, but it doesn't look that affects people too much?

actually it doscouraged me from doing it. atleast for now:) Because of the horror stories and pictures and etc. I am only 5'4 and a male. There is 90% chance that I am not going to have it. This forum made me more at peace and accept my height  Grin
jungle
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2008, 06:12:36 AM »

actually it doscouraged me from doing it. atleast for now:) Because of the horror stories and pictures and etc. I am only 5'4 and a male. There is 90% chance that I am not going to have it. This forum made me more at peace and accept my height  Grin

If you are happy with your height, then good on you.. you don't need to spend a lot money and go thru painful lengthening LL process... Yeah all picture of LL are look yucky with robot frames etc... However, there are many people have succeffully done LL and have a good result and happy ending. The only horrified story from people who went to unknown places. unexperience and careless doctors. It just personal choice. People should do enough research before to make a decision.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 06:15:21 AM by jungle » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.