MMT Community
March 26, 2017, 11:05:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Words of wisdom from SysOp:
"Height is like money. It is insignificant only to those who have plenty of it." Tongue

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Has the information on this forum made you more OR less likely to have Leg Lengthening?
It has made me more likely to have it.
It has made me less likely to have it.
It has made no difference to me whatsoever.
I just come here to entertain myself by reading about crazy people.
This forum is irresponsible and should be closed down immediately!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has this forum made you more or less likely to have LL?  (Read 44010 times)
jwalk707
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #100 on: June 25, 2016, 03:48:24 AM »

I'm new here and this is my first post.  I'm scared of the process of LL and I realize that's far from a unique perspective.  However, the biggest problem I've noticed is how actual diaries from patients here differ from what LL Surgeons claim on their websites.  Take , for instance, Dr.  Mahboubian.  On his website, he claims recovery time is 6-8 months during which you can walk without help in 3-4 months.  But reading diaries here, it looks like it's never that case and recovery time is much longer.  Also, I keep reading how people have to travel back and forth constantly post-operation, and as a working class guy at the age of 36, I can't afford to do that.  So, basically, reading this forum, while extremely helpful, has scared me from going through with LL.
fightforit
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #101 on: June 25, 2016, 06:13:58 AM »

For 88% of people ,this Forum has made them more likely to go for LL.
I think for the people who actually get it done , LL seems to be a necessity in life!
without the forum there is no clue to a layman as to how to take the first step.
the vast information, collective experiences and immense support from all warriors have truly inspired me to go for LL.
Also it has shown me how to proceed wisely and with precaution.   Grin   Grin

Starting Height-161cm | Dream Height-173cm | considering to operate on Tibias-6cm, Femur-6cm|

"perhaps the butterfly is proof that you can go through a great deal of darkness and yet become something beautiful"
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #102 on: June 25, 2016, 02:09:12 PM »

I'm new here and this is my first post.  I'm scared of the process of LL and I realize that's far from a unique perspective.  However, the biggest problem I've noticed is how actual diaries from patients here differ from what LL Surgeons claim on their websites.  Take , for instance, Dr.  Mahboubian.  On his website, he claims recovery time is 6-8 months during which you can walk without help in 3-4 months.  But reading diaries here, it looks like it's never that case and recovery time is much longer.  Also, I keep reading how people have to travel back and forth constantly post-operation, and as a working class guy at the age of 36, I can't afford to do that.  So, basically, reading this forum, while extremely helpful, has scared me from going through with LL.

I feel your pain but trust me if you really really want it bad enough you will figure out a way. It might take you years but start now. How do I know, I did it myself and at the start I was in a similar situation as you, I had no clue where to start etc.
TIBIKE2002
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #103 on: June 25, 2016, 06:44:45 PM »

I feel your pain but trust me if you really really want it bad enough you will figure out a way. It might take you years but start now. How do I know, I did it myself and at the start I was in a similar situation as you, I had no clue where to start etc.

Where did you do it? I can find a diary of yours
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #104 on: June 25, 2016, 07:14:31 PM »

Where did you do it? I can find a diary of yours

I do not have a diary. It would have been hard for me to post anyway.
I will say this though: I have asked people enough questions, so you are free to ask me any question. I did it in USA Precice 2. My lengthening will end next week hopefully without any issues.
TIBIKE2002
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #105 on: June 25, 2016, 07:31:50 PM »

I would like to talk to you via e-mail or skype or even whatssup. But I dont seem to be able to PM you.
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #106 on: June 25, 2016, 08:25:26 PM »

I would like to talk to you via e-mail or skype or even whatssup. But I dont seem to be able to PM you.

I do not know how to send you my info privately but ask questions on this forum, so everyone can benefit. I will not be answering private questions though (what I consider private). Start by asking here.
How I made the money ?   - worked my ass off.....just kept at it - even did sales....
TIBIKE2002
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #107 on: June 25, 2016, 08:48:12 PM »

how much did you lengthen and which part?
  Is there a specific reason you dont disclose the doc?
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #108 on: June 25, 2016, 09:33:08 PM »

how much did you lengthen and which part?
  Is there a specific reason you dont disclose the doc?

I will be getting to 3 inches by next week,
There are three docs in USA as far as I know that do Precice 2. All of them are top notch plus I just do not want to reveal anything that will give away my identity. Just paranoid that way , sorry.
danniejoe26
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #109 on: June 25, 2016, 09:36:00 PM »

Quote from: a1_z1 link=topic=596. msg108237#msg108237 date=1466890388
There are three docs in USA as far as I know that do Precice 2.  All of them are top notch plus I just do not want to reveal anything that will give away my identity.  Just paranoid that way , sorry.

It seems as if you are a Precice representative

"Always go with the choice that scares you the most, because that's the one that is going to help you grow.
TIBIKE2002
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #110 on: June 26, 2016, 12:14:11 AM »

There are three docs in USA as far as I know that do Precice 2. All of them are top notch plus I just do not want to reveal anything that will give away my identity. Just paranoid that way , sorry.

Here is a two part question which for me is the mos important.
  Once you are finished lengthening your height will be in the short, average or tall range?
Do you think that the height discontent passed away for you (If it did) because you are now average/tall (if you are no longer short) or basically because you "did everything you could do" in order to improve an "unimprovable" physical trait?
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #111 on: June 26, 2016, 01:56:09 AM »

Here is a two part question which for me is the mos important.
  Once you are finished lengthening your height will be in the short, average or tall range?
Do you think that the height discontent passed away for you (If it did) because you are now average/tall (if you are no longer short) or basically because you "did everything you could do" in order to improve an "unimprovable" physical trait?

from my previous responses you should know that I have YET to complete lengtheinig until next week, so I canit answer your question.
However I honestly think from my life experience and I am in my 40s, most external superficial things in life do not make
you happy the way we would like, it is more about - I have a goal and I will do what I can to get to it and than move on. I have also heard from a few that after LL they do not really think of height like before and that is enough for them. That is enough for me also....
I will be 5 8, that I suppose is the shorter side of average height range. However I also have a good/great body that I have worked on (and great face to go with it) and those things add up with that height. Rest all I would have to wait and see. 
But I have more than just 'height obsession' going on in my life, I have other goals, like everyone should. Looks are just a part of the equation.
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #112 on: June 26, 2016, 02:00:19 AM »

It seems as if you are a Precice representative

All you have to do is ask me questions about the process and I will give you my experience. If you doubt me, I really cant do anything about that. Read all my posts, I have been on this forum for years asking questions, preparing for my turn.
 Initially I did not want to tell anyone I did LL but I think that would be selfish .
danniejoe26
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #113 on: June 26, 2016, 04:00:48 AM »

Quote from: a1_z1 link=topic=596. msg108245#msg108245 date=1466906419
All you have to do is ask me questions about the process and I will give you my experience.  If you doubt me, I really cant do anything about that.  Read all my posts, I have been on this forum for years asking questions, preparing for my turn.
 Initially I did not want to tell anyone I did LL but I think that would be selfish . 

My bad mehn.  Hope all goes well with you.  Best of luck

"Always go with the choice that scares you the most, because that's the one that is going to help you grow.
TIBIKE2002
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #114 on: June 26, 2016, 05:51:28 AM »

from my previous responses you should know that I have YET to complete lengtheinig until next week, so I canit answer your question.
However I honestly think from my life experience and I am in my 40s, most external superficial things in life do not make
you happy the way we would like, it is more about - I have a goal and I will do what I can to get to it and than move on. I have also heard from a few that after LL they do not really think of height like before and that is enough for them. That is enough for me also....
I will be 5 8, that I suppose is the shorter side of average height range. However I also have a good/great body that I have worked on (and great face to go with it) and those things add up with that height. Rest all I would have to wait and see. 
But I have more than just 'height obsession' going on in my life, I have other goals, like everyone should. Looks are just a part of the equation.

Yeah, I know you are still lengthening. Just wanted to know if the height discontent passes away even during he process  itself.

another question is, does your doc take into account proportions? Did you take into account proportions?
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #115 on: June 26, 2016, 12:51:58 PM »

Yeah, I know you are still lengthening. Just wanted to know if the height discontent passes away even during he process  itself.

another question is, does your doc take into account proportions? Did you take into account proportions?

Doc never discussed proportions. I do not see any reason to look into proportions, I am lengthening only 3 inches - not 6 inch in one segment. ALso people have all types of proportions . Finally I have broad shoulders and chest so extra leg length will look good in my opinion  and I also have the arm span of someone that is 5 8 or 5 9.
TIBIKE2002
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #116 on: June 26, 2016, 01:08:46 PM »

but looking in a full body mirror, how much does 6cm or 7cm (Dont know how much you did already) affects them? Like, do you see your femurs considerably longer or the effect is neglible?
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #117 on: June 26, 2016, 04:43:46 PM »

but looking in a full body mirror, how much does 6cm or 7cm (Dont know how much you did already) affects them? Like, do you see your femurs considerably longer or the is neglible?

I am seated 99% of the time since I am not weight bearing at the moment. However I do see my femur as longer (I better ! ), however I have lost muscle so it might seem longer than it is. Plus I am sure I will get used to that length.
If that  your real concern than increasing height through LL might not be for you.
jwalk707
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #118 on: June 26, 2016, 10:39:23 PM »

Quote from: a1_z1 link=topic=596. msg108227#msg108227 date=1466863752
I feel your pain but trust me if you really really want it bad enough you will figure out a way.  It might take you years but start now.  How do I know, I did it myself and at the start I was in a similar situation as you, I had no clue where to start etc.

Thank you for your response.  But I still have questions as to why there is a big discrepancy between what LL Surgeons say about the process and what patients say here? Dr.  M told me via email that one can go back to work 2 weeks after surgery! I want to do this badly but I need these concerns addressed before I do so.  Thank you for any feedback you can give.
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #119 on: June 27, 2016, 12:15:57 AM »

Thank you for your response.  But I still have questions as to why there is a big discrepancy between what LL Surgeons say about the process and what patients say here? Dr.  M told me via email that one can go back to work 2 weeks after surgery! I want to do this badly but I need these concerns addressed before I do so.  Thank you for any feedback you can give.

I can just give you my experience. I did Precice 2 Femur. The first 4 weeks were bad . It was a testing time and I was expecting it. You sure your doc was telling you about Precice femur ?
I am here on this forum cause I read all the diaries and they helped me. There was no way the doctor could have told me all the things that I learnt from this forum, in 2 - 3 meetings. I made it through the worst part of LL (and my journey is still not over mind you, so you never know) and this forum helped me for sure. So ask any questions, I am here for you guys and gals and not sure for how long.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.