MMT Community
September 23, 2018, 10:36:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Make Me Taller is the world's leading discussion forum for Leg Lengthening - this is a professionally-run site and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening. Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did you or are you wearing LIFTS ??  (Read 282633 times)
jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« on: September 18, 2007, 07:54:41 AM »

I know this topic has been posted before but I like to revisit it.

Like how tall are you.
How tall with lifts.
When did you start wearing it.
Etc, etc, etc.......

I was just above 5'2 and I wear lifts to about ~5'5.
I've been wearing it since maybe 21 ?? Thats been like 15 years.
I found out about it when some girl told me her BF stuff his shoes.
I can honestly say my social life got better after I started wearing lifts.(or maybe my confidence just got better).
When I don't have shoes on, I try wearing the thickest sandals possible.
And if someone make me take my shoes off before entering the house, well....I'm in trouble then.

I'd love to hear other people's experience with lifts.
I'd imagine when I'm done with the LL, the lifts will go away.
Then slowly, I'll sneak little by little into the shoes again.

Every cm was TORTURE.
Went from 158cm to 166cm in Beijing !!
shortay3
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 08:59:18 PM »

I am a lift wearer. I confess.  Wink
Before I started wearing 2 inch lifts i was referred to as very cute or adorable. Now I recieve comments as such as that Im pretty or hot. It is just remarkable how even 2 inches can make such a difference of our self-perception and others perception of ourselves.
jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 08:33:03 PM »

Common people fess up.
I know alot more of you are wearing lifts.

Every cm was TORTURE.
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 09:20:18 PM »

I used to wear lifts, but only before my operation so that people wouldn't notice the difference so much  Grin

Summer2008
LL Veteran
MMT Contributor

Credibility 101

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 10:28:19 PM »

Right now, I wear shoe inserts that make me an inch taller, together with shoe heels that are 1.5 inches, for a total gain of 2.5 inches.

For an entire year of high school, back when I first "discovered" shoe inserts, I used to wear 2 inserts  Shocked in boots that had a 2 inch heel, for a total gain of 4 inches!   Shocked Cool.   And I am a male, people.....   I tried to hide the fact that I was lifting by wearing baggy pants with a wide leg that covered most of my boots.   I have NO IDEA how I managed to do that for a full year!  Sometimes my friends would spontaneously decide to play basketball after school, and I would be stuck running from court to court in my 4 inch heels, playing through all the pain....   Oh yeah, and gym class was the worst... having to change from my 4 inch boots to sneakers with only 1 insert inside of them.  I looked a lot shorter during gym  Wink

Needless to say my feet rebelled after a year, so I gradually reduced the lifts to my current level.  I'm banking that the pain I experience during an LL operation would be less than the pain my feet would have to go through by continuing to wear lifts for the rest of my life. 

I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat
and a '64 Impala
NapoleanBoneApart
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 06:06:19 PM »

I have worn shoes that are made with two inch lifts that I ordered from Jago Europe Ltd. They are well made, fashionable and very comfortable which is a big plus and a lot cheaper than LL. Although I feel a bit more confident and social when I wear them, although I always have been pretty confident and social. I get compliments on my shoes from time to time and always laugh thinking "well...they are nicer than you know" There is a stigma attached to men wearing lifts much like there is a stigma attached to getting LL. It is quite unfortunate but heightism is a reality, albeit a relative one, that we most of us here have to deal with. The biggest criticism I get from the people that know I wear them are "Why aren't not happy the way you are?" To that I always retort with Chris Rock's line from Bigger and Blacker (sorry ladies):

"Look at you.You got on heels, you ain't that tall. You got on makeup, your face don't look like that. You got a weave, your hair ain't that long...Everything about you is a lie, and you expect me to tell the truth?"

All kidding aside, I don't see it as much being disingenuous but more of a choice in how one wants to be viewed...much like LL although less invasive :-P The way I see it is most women wear heels up to four inches and more with platforms so why should there be an issue for a guy to wear shoes with lifts? It is a pretty big and unenlightened double standard that a lot of men and women alike espouse. For me this really does bother me since it affects how I am perceived, so I just don't mention that I wear them. So until I bite the bullet with LL I will continue to wear lifts...disingenuousness be damned. Hell, I will probably still wear them after LL too ;-)
jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 08:53:34 PM »

I agreed.
I would be totally embaressed if people find out I wear lifts but its OK for women to wear high heels.
I've actually have had a couple of people asked me about my shoes but noone have asked me if I wear lifts.
Amazing considering I've been wearing lifts for about 15 yrs.
Actually I little sister said it out loud one time when I Mom keep saying how tall I look. I wanted to smack her  Grin

Every cm was TORTURE.
bowed
LL Trooper
MMT Member

Credibility -4

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 10:19:08 PM »

Chris Rock is right - us women get away with a lot when it comes to beauty aids and enhancements.  It is an unfair disadvantage in that respect.  There's nothing disingenous about men wearing lifts...if it makes you feel more confident why not?  Just don't wear a toupee please...............we can spot that a mile away.
5foot6
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 07:10:54 AM »

Well as a lift wearer here's my thoughts.  I'm 5'6" and a guy and I sometimes wear lifts that make me about 5'8"+ tall.  It's weird, when I first started wearing them none of the guys I know knew the difference.  It sorta bummed me out when I would be working out with one of my buddies or something and he would notice that I was taller than him or at least looking him eye to eye.  I think this may have had something to do with the fact that every male that knows me knows that I am really muscular and physically strong plus I have a brother that is big/tall and looks a lot like me so people especially my male friends tend to associate me with being taller.  All of this pissed me off a little but in a way it was really good because I never got asked any questions.  Now conversly to all this, it was totally different with women.  When I wore lifts more women approached me and talked to me and when I approached women they were more receptive.  Also, I had a few women who I knew tell me I looked taller which is probably the best compliment you can get from a women when your short and I can only imagine how much better it is after LL  Part of the increased luck with women may have been from confidence but a lot was due to the height increase.

With all that in mind here are some more things to think about:

1.  Once you start wearing lifts you will never want to take them off because it will make you feel like superman comming into contact with Kryptonite.

2.  They will make your feet and shins hurt all the time after extended use due to a change in your gait and weight distribution.

3.  There are no lifts for going to the beach or going surfing.

4.  You can't run in them or if your into martial arts like me you won't be able to practice with your lifts on.

5.  If your girlfriend asks you to take your shoes off when you go in her house and you have not told her about them, you better know how to levitate over to the nearest couch to sit down.

6.  Overall, after a while you will feel like a jackass because you will see random people who you are taller than and then realize that they are actually taller than you.

So overall, I think that lifts are good for special ocasions or dates etc. but not for regular use.  I do think that every one who is thinking of getting LL should wear lifts to get a feel for what the extra inches will do for them and to help aid them in the decision making process.

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an idiot."
Penguin
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008, 10:21:03 AM »

Where do you buy lifts?
im 5'6
want to be 5'10

i am waiting to hear back for my first email to bentz for internal method.

Do lifts make you walk funny?
can anyone tell?
do you wear them after LL operation still?

NB

8 Equals D
Blueclipse
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 97

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 02:11:37 PM »

I didnt know about lifts until i read this forum, but i guess it makes no difference to girls who wear high heels ...

i used to wear heels all the time, and didn't like it when we went to the beach or bush walking or bowling with friends because i would have to wear my sneakers..meaning they will notice me being short...so i try to avoid it - howere i love doing those things..

so once i have my LL done i wont have to worry anymore

phew...
Summer2008
LL Veteran
MMT Contributor

Credibility 101

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 03:26:01 PM »

Well as a lift wearer here's my thoughts.  I'm 5'6" and a guy and I sometimes wear lifts that make me about 5'8"+ tall.  It's weird, when I first started wearing them none of the guys I know knew the difference.  It sorta bummed me out when I would be working out with one of my buddies or something and he would notice that I was taller than him or at least looking him eye to eye.  I think this may have had something to do with the fact that every male that knows me knows that I am really muscular and physically strong plus I have a brother that is big/tall and looks a lot like me so people especially my male friends tend to associate me with being taller.  All of this pissed me off a little but in a way it was really good because I never got asked any questions.  Now conversly to all this, it was totally different with women.  When I wore lifts more women approached me and talked to me and when I approached women they were more receptive.  Also, I had a few women who I knew tell me I looked taller which is probably the best compliment you can get from a women when your short and I can only imagine how much better it is after LL  Part of the increased luck with women may have been from confidence but a lot was due to the height increase.

With all that in mind here are some more things to think about:

1.  Once you start wearing lifts you will never want to take them off because it will make you feel like superman comming into contact with Kryptonite.

2.  They will make your feet and shins hurt all the time after extended use due to a change in your gait and weight distribution.

3.  There are no lifts for going to the beach or going surfing.

4.  You can't run in them or if your into martial arts like me you won't be able to practice with your lifts on.

5.  If your girlfriend asks you to take your shoes off when you go in her house and you have not told her about them, you better know how to levitate over to the nearest couch to sit down.

6.  Overall, after a while you will feel like a jackass because you will see random people who you are taller than and then realize that they are actually taller than you.

So overall, I think that lifts are good for special ocasions or dates etc. but not for regular use.  I do think that every one who is thinking of getting LL should wear lifts to get a feel for what the extra inches will do for them and to help aid them in the decision making process.

Nice post... I enjoy hearing the perspectives of other people that wear lifts.  I just wanted to add some personal info. to each of your points:

1.)  Very true.  I almost never walk around in public without them on.

2.)  My feet feel like shi* after about an hour of wearing them.  I"ve had to bail out on many activities, such as hanging out with co-workers after work, because of that damn pain.

3.) I avoid wearing shorts, going to the beach, and sometimes the gym like the plague.  Luckily I have a pseudo-gym at home.

4.)  True, unless you're really young.  I used to play basketball (full-court basketball) with my lifts on, back when I was a teenager.. Your body can handle a lot more abuse in your prime years. 

5.)  Haha.  I've kept a girlfrield for over a year while wearing lifts.  Sometimes had to walk on my tiptoes until a couch was handy.  I never told her about them; but she wasn't retarded, so I'm thinking she knew but never brought the subject up.

6.)  I still think they have their benefits.  I was pretty damn depressed in high school until I discovered I could wear 2 inch boots with 1-2 lifts inside of them.  There was a palpable change in my confidence once I started doing this, even if seldomly people commented that I walked a little funny.  I was well-liked even before I lifted, but I needed that boost.

Another thing, I was one of the tallest kids until around the 7th grade (I had an early growth spurt)... So I know what it's like to be tall, and I want that back.....damnit.  Embarrassed

I love all topics discussing the use of lifts..  Everyone's responses are welcome.

I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat
and a '64 Impala
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 06:39:26 PM »

Hehe!

Yes, wearing lifts can be addictive, but you'll certainly ditch them after your LL - you'll take long enough to adjust to walking normally, let alone on heels Smiley

5foot6
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 09:41:58 PM »

Good points Summer08. 

NB, you can buy lifts online or find a special store that sells them.  I recommend against it even if you do not get LL because of the long term effects on your feet/legs but once in a while they are a nice boost like for a speech, job interview etc.  You may walk funny at first but usually you can get used to it and people probably won't notice.  At first they will give you confidence but after a while they may make you feel handycapped so keep this in mind.

Good Luck

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an idiot."
BJ
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2008, 09:08:55 PM »

I myself have been wearing lifts since I was 19, and I have to admit that they make me feel like I can take on the world when I wear them, but make me feel even more so depressed about myself whenever I take my shoes off. When I have my footwear on, I'm around the 5-7-5-9 range (depending on what size lifts I have on, and if I'm wearing my elevator shoes, or boots for extra height), which to me is a pretty good height, and is what I'd like to be barefoot if I can ever find a way to hopefully have limb lengthening one day, and get rid of my short height once and for all. I even joke with people who know I wear lifts that I wonder if I should ever think about gluing my shoes to my feet (L.O.L.), as height really wouldn't be an issue for me if that was ever the case.

I'll admit that wearing lifts isn't all it's cracked up to me, as they don't do your feet any favors, and they can mess up your feet almost as bad as the scam Kimi height increase insole, which I may add, actually tried using a long while ago, to hopefully make me taller. Still, wearing lifts does make it worth it for me, and helps make my height situation bearable to the point where I don't think about killing myself over it anymore, like I contemplated doing many years ago, when my height obsession was at it's worse. While wearing lifts does help, it's also kind of tough knowing that the height you get from them isn't real. Not wearing my elevator shoes, and lifts makes me feel as helpless as Batman would without his utility belt, even though doing so on the flip side, makes you feel so good being able to literally stand up to people, and not deal with everyone looking down at you all the time.
BJ
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2008, 06:59:13 AM »

Well I thought I'd let everyone here know that I finally got my soft plastic height increase insoles in, and I have to admit that my height is barely an issue when I wear them. They're definitely the best kinds of lifts I've ever had, and do seem to give me the height they're supposed to, and are much more comfortable, and wearable than the other kinds of lifts that I used to wear.

I have to say that I felt on top of the world when I first wore them, and it also felt good that a friend of mine who's 6-3 (who coincedentally came over the day I got them in) didn't exactly tower over me like he did in the past. I'm between 5-8 to 5-10 with my footwear, which is just great, and is the height I've always wanted to be without shoes, which I'm hoping will still be possible before my life is over. I'm so thankful for my footwear, though I really hate having to take my shoes off more than ever now.

Since I have sort of reached my goal height, I hope that I can finally put the thought of getting limb lengthening on the back burner, until I actually one day have a realistic chance of getting it. I'd still likely have it if it was either free, or if money wasn't an object at all. I also can't say for certain that I'd get it done, even if I had the money, as I do wonder if it would really be worth being 2-4 inches taller, over the many other good things I could do with the amount of money leg lengthening would cost, even if I know how much happier I'd be with myself, and life in general if I was taller for real. Thank goodness for elevator shoes, and shoelifts, as they're the only things which allow me to keep my sanity when it comes to dealing with my unfortunate short stature.
174cm
LL Hero
MMT Adviser

Credibility 114

Read the FAQs before you POST or it is SPAM!

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2008, 08:53:10 AM »

And if they did notice and laugh at you, you just punch them in the head.

Only losers treat girls this way. Hope that you are only kidding  Wink

jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2008, 09:16:50 AM »

Im five foot 8 and a half and am currently wearing 3 inch lifts i even made a pair of 4 inch lifts by duck taping around 2 inch lifts and sticking 50 cent coins in between. They were real uncomfortable at first but after a few weeks my heels blistered up and could take it.

There is a huge benefit from wearing these lifts i went from "cute" to "hot". Its like wearing stilts at first but after a while you get the hang  of them and nobody notices. I completed a construction course in these lifts. I've danced while im off my tits drunk in these lifts.

how did i do it without anyone noticing?
By gradually increasing the size each year by an inch.

Chicks dont even notice when im in bed lol. it just doesnt occur to them.

And if they did notice and laugh at you, you just punch them in the head.

Well, chicks aren't going to notice because you are almost average height already.
If you're dating girls 5'5 and under, you are sizable taller than them with or without lifts.
Its the guys shorter than 5'5 wearing lifts will have much more problems when taking their shoes off.

Every cm was TORTURE.
LL_MAN
Banned
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2008, 02:03:41 AM »

Well I am still collecting money to undergo the surgery and of course I worry about this, especially my big brother is going to notice it and comment on it as he is a bit protective some times (and of course obssesive about height although he doesn't show it). My only solution is (I am aiming for about 6-8 cm)  to buy a pair of shoes with heel (hope ypu understand my English) and then have the heel empty. This way it will be as walking on bare feet while being only about 3-4 cm taller. Then I will "introduce" the rest 4 cm very slowly maybe during a period of one year.

SHOE EXAMPLE
                                         --/                        |
                        -----------/                            |   
----------------/                                             |
|                                                                   |
|________________________                            _|
                                       |   sponge in empty   |
                                       |__space___________|
sponge sticked with glue to the bootom of the heel and to shoe pad so when you take out your shoes nothing seems wired as the sponge raises again, but when you wear them the sponge will go down and make you like walking on your feet. Even if it is difficult I don't mind, I rarely walk as I always ride a motorbike.

What do you think will this work?
174cm
LL Hero
MMT Adviser

Credibility 114

Read the FAQs before you POST or it is SPAM!

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2008, 02:33:29 PM »

What do you think will this work?

Sorry mate, but it sounds absolutely pathetic to me. Why on earth you need to do that? What if people find out ? Why dont you just buy one of those thing they call "elevator shoes" and wear it? If you worry too much about your brother finding out about it then don't worry about LL . LL is to please you and your life, not others ,no matter how they think or say about it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.