MMT Community
September 23, 2018, 10:34:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Make Me Taller is the world's leading discussion forum for Leg Lengthening - this is a professionally-run site and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening. Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did you or are you wearing LIFTS ??  (Read 282632 times)
josh87
MMT Member

Credibility 6

« Reply #440 on: September 20, 2012, 03:41:55 PM »

Are you embarrased about being short?

yes I am embarrassed of being short.  As I nearly what someone would call a midget or dwarf.  I'm only 5'1 here.
kusop
MMT Contributor

Credibility -132

« Reply #441 on: September 20, 2012, 07:19:56 PM »

yes I am embarrassed of being short.  As I nearly what someone would call a midget or dwarf.  I'm only 5'1 here.

man dont worry.
with 2 LLs u can reach 5'8 and all those who call u midget will be stunned and jealous.
josh87
MMT Member

Credibility 6

« Reply #442 on: September 20, 2012, 08:24:32 PM »

man dont worry.
with 2 LLs u can reach 5'8 and all those who call u midget will be stunned and jealous.
Undecided that's too much, I would look worse than what I look right now
kusop
MMT Contributor

Credibility -132

« Reply #443 on: September 20, 2012, 08:24:56 PM »

btw what ethnicity are you??
RDenmark
MMT Contributor

Credibility 6

« Reply #444 on: September 20, 2012, 10:12:20 PM »

I feel you Josh, it sucks being short. Are you sure the height wouldn't outweight the proportion issues you would get? Have you thought about arm lengthening? I know there is a few on the forum that has been looking into it? 5'8 is a decent height, you could become even taller with lifts on. I'm 5'9 and I can definintly tell you that it's a decent height if you live in non scandinavic countries!
josh87
MMT Member

Credibility 6

« Reply #445 on: September 20, 2012, 11:35:06 PM »

I'm mexican.  No my arms are pretty decent length.  My legs and torso are what I have trouble with.
NBW
MMT Contributor

Credibility 8

« Reply #446 on: September 22, 2012, 02:32:14 AM »

I'd like to share with you guys this pic.
On the left is 167cm (dream LL height) and on the right is no shoes 160cm

note: I don't actually wear much when I go out. I'd probably only wear an inch.
So if I was to get LL in the tibias of 7cm, would you people say I don't look proportional?

Height:
Morning - 162cm
Night - 160cm
Wingspan: 167cm
Transformer
MMT Contributor

Credibility 9

« Reply #447 on: September 22, 2012, 08:23:47 AM »

I think you would look fine proportion wise and longer tibs makes one appear taller than if you were to do femurs
Fiveeight
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #448 on: October 27, 2012, 05:19:42 AM »

I've never worn lifts.  Where can I get some good ones from? And are they noticeable? Can they be worn with any shoes?
kusop
MMT Contributor

Credibility -132

« Reply #449 on: October 27, 2012, 09:13:09 AM »

I've never worn lifts.  Where can I get some good ones from? And are they noticeable? Can they be worn with any shoes?
dont use it man.
I started using it and cant get rid of it. I am scared of being too short again. its ridiculous, i wish i never heard of lifts, now i am too dependent
Fiveeight
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #450 on: October 27, 2012, 02:49:20 PM »

Quote from: kusop link=topic=598. msg67502#msg67502 date=1351329189
dont use it man.
I started using it and cant get rid of it.  I am scared of being too short again.  its ridiculous, i wish i never heard of lifts, now i am too dependent

But I plan on getting LL surgery within the next year.  Are lifts noticeable.  How many inches do they give you?
Quixotic
MMT Adviser

Credibility 24

It's expensive, staying human.

« Reply #451 on: October 27, 2012, 03:10:05 PM »

A 5'6" boy came back after the summer holidays one time and was suddenly taller than me.  He claimed he grew nearly 4 inches in that time.  He went around boasting to all the people that called him small before that he was nearly as tall as them.

Needless to say, the abuse he got when he had to take he shoes off to get changed for sports was borderline awful.  Because he was still 5'6", but had 4 inch lifts.  We wouldn't have minded if he hadn't squared up to every guy who teased him before and aggressively attacked them for all the abuse he got before.  But for some people, the fact that he had the nerve to  call himself taller because he was wearing lifts was just disrespectful, and they just laid into him further.

He still wears them.  He got a girlfriend out of school who was 5'7".  When people at my school found out about this, they messaged the girl asking if he had ever taken he shoes off - she said no, but she didn't think it was anything weird.  The next day, when he came round, she asked him to take off his shoes. I think you can guess what happens next.

I would have sympathy for him, but the first thing he said to me when he came back 4 inches 'taller' was that I was a 'F***** midget' when I was literally a cm smaller than him.  It's not like I was one of those people who called him small before anyway - I never talked to him. 

Whenever anyone asks how tall he is now he always says '5'10"', which is ridiculous.  And he can't get away with it forever.  He's living a lie.

By all means, wear lifts if you plan on doing ll.  If you don't, I seriously reccomend you don't - all it does is paper over the cracks.

Current height: 176.5cm
Sitting height: 93.25cm

Target height: 181.5cm
Fiveeight
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #452 on: October 28, 2012, 10:02:02 PM »

Can anyone suggest some lifts that are comfortable and would give at least a 2 inch increase. I am new to lifts and I'm assuming they are insoles placed in whatever shoes you're wearing, true?  Huh? I'm looking for something comfortable that wont give me a awkward walk.

Thanks
AsTallAsWomen
MMT Adviser

Credibility -137

« Reply #453 on: October 28, 2012, 10:07:57 PM »

well shoe lifts and elevator shoes are sometimes called the same thing.

you should buy elevator shoes anyway.

http://www.tallmenshoes.com/k232inta1.html

this is THE BEST pair that will give you 2" more height than a regular shoe.

do not go for the casual range they offer, they are not comfortable, sneaker/sporty is the best, they have the most cushioning.

I have worn the 2.5" version of that shoe, people say I look like I walk normally, but no it does change my gate, i'd say the 1.5" version allows you to walk 100% comfortably.

http://www.tallmenshoes.com/elevator-shoes-3313.html < 1.5" version here.

conversely when i wear the 3.5" boots people notice I walk strange, but it is not noticeable at 2.5" even though I feel I walk wierd

Height         = 164 cm (5' 4.5")
Wingspan     = 167 cm

UK Caucasian Male.
Avg. Male height in region 5' 9.5"
Avg. Female Height in region 5' 4.5"
Fiveeight
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #454 on: October 28, 2012, 11:29:35 PM »

well shoe lifts and elevator shoes are sometimes called the same thing.

you should buy elevator shoes anyway.

http://www.tallmenshoes.com/k232inta1.html

this is THE BEST pair that will give you 2" more height than a regular shoe.

do not go for the casual range they offer, they are not comfortable, sneaker/sporty is the best, they have the most cushioning.

I have worn the 2.5" version of that shoe, people say I look like I walk normally, but no it does change my gate, i'd say the 1.5" version allows you to walk 100% comfortably.

http://www.tallmenshoes.com/elevator-shoes-3313.html < 1.5" version here.

conversely when i wear the 3.5" boots people notice I walk strange, but it is not noticeable at 2.5" even though I feel I walk wierd

I have many shoes. I'm kind of a shoe fetish guy. I'm really looking for something to put into my loafers and dress (formal) shoes. I dont care about using them for sneakers because I only wear them when I'm working out.
AsTallAsWomen
MMT Adviser

Credibility -137

« Reply #455 on: October 28, 2012, 11:31:54 PM »

well you can use lifts then but the gain you get form them isnt that much, there just isnt much room in regular shoes to lift you up, maybe you can get 1" more out of lifts but than the shoe regularly gives but i doubt you'd get 2" unless you bought a large boot a bigger size up or something.

Wingspan     = 167 cm

UK Caucasian Male.
Fiveeight
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #456 on: October 29, 2012, 06:54:59 AM »

I've been wearing lifts since 2002.  Hate every second of it.
Hate the damage it does to my shoes. 
Hate that it limits which shoes I can wear.
Hate the way I walk in them(The more inches you go the more you walk like a disabled person. 
Hate the pain in my feet. 
Hate the fear of being found out.
Hate having to replace them.

Why does it limit the shoes you can wear?
AsTallAsWomen
MMT Adviser

Credibility -137

« Reply #457 on: October 29, 2012, 07:00:04 AM »

A 5'6" boy came back after the summer holidays one time and was suddenly taller than me.  He claimed he grew nearly 4 inches in that time.  He went around boasting to all the people that called him small before that he was nearly as tall as them.

Needless to say, the abuse he got when he had to take he shoes off to get changed for sports was borderline awful.  Because he was still 5'6", but had 4 inch lifts.  We wouldn't have minded if he hadn't squared up to every guy who teased him before and aggressively attacked them for all the abuse he got before.  But for some people, the fact that he had the nerve to  call himself taller because he was wearing lifts was just disrespectful, and they just laid into him further.

He still wears them.  He got a girlfriend out of school who was 5'7".  When people at my school found out about this, they messaged the girl asking if he had ever taken he shoes off - she said no, but she didn't think it was anything weird.  The next day, when he came round, she asked him to take off his shoes. I think you can guess what happens next.

I would have sympathy for him, but the first thing he said to me when he came back 4 inches 'taller' was that I was a 'F***** midget' when I was literally a cm smaller than him.  It's not like I was one of those people who called him small before anyway - I never talked to him.  

Whenever anyone asks how tall he is now he always says '5'10"', which is ridiculous.  And he can't get away with it forever.  He's living a lie.

By all means, wear lifts if you plan on doing ll.  If you don't, I seriously reccomend you don't - all it does is paper over the cracks.

there is only one 4" lifts I have seen

was he in this one?

https://www.bugarrishoes.com/index.php?collectionID=1731&page=collectionDet&offset=1#.UI4pTcXtQaA

advertised gain is 5.5", actualy gain vs regular shoe is 4.0"

Note: I am in talks with allan from donsfootwear and he is going to make a 4.0" version of the fossato boot, he may even make a 4.5" version later, bringing me to 5' 9"

Wingspan     = 167 cm

UK Caucasian Male.
NBW
MMT Contributor

Credibility 8

« Reply #458 on: October 29, 2012, 08:26:32 AM »

I haven't purchased any of these but here are some cheap elevator shoes that are fashionable.
http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_nkw=height&_sacat=93427&LH_BIN=1&_ssn=multicasual3237&_odkw=&_osacat=93427&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Height:
Morning - 162cm
Night - 160cm
Wingspan: 167cm
Bon
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #459 on: December 27, 2012, 02:47:14 PM »

yeah it sucks cause i can only wear boots w/ my 4.5cm lifts. i think that's the most i would go and nothing more. w/ proper boots i'm standing at around 5'6.5-5'7. which by all means is decent enough for me as my starting height is 160cm. lol. thinking about getting nicer shoes more specifically sneakers w/ the same added amount. if i can walk comfortably in those i don't think i'll need LL. com'on! make more nice shoes for us shorties! haah
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.