MMT Community
December 12, 2018, 04:45:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Leg Lengthening is NOT an option for people suffering from depression.
LL is not appropriate for people with a history of depression or mental illness - if you're on antidepressants, close your browser now - this site is not for you. Sorry! Sad

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did you or are you wearing LIFTS ??  (Read 290910 times)
EricCartman
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #500 on: April 27, 2013, 12:33:05 AM »

Actually I have a pair of insoles and a pair of elevator shoes: I don't feel a real disconfort with them, but I'm conscious that they solve the problem only apparently.  By the way, this is actually the only solution I can afford. . .  maybe in the future I'll consider a surgery, if it is possible.
Joker
Lurker

Credibility -2

« Reply #501 on: June 03, 2013, 10:10:55 AM »

Anyone and everyone in the market for elevator shoes should know that they are not alone in their quest to be a few inches taller.  Any simple Google search will tell you that A-list actor Tom Cruise and superstar producer Simon Cowell are avid users of elevator shoes.  Size really does matter in this world and if there is something that can be done to increase your height, you should seize the golden opportunity and make it happen.

jenslarsen
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 14

« Reply #502 on: June 03, 2013, 12:04:26 PM »

Anyone and everyone in the market for elevator shoes should know that they are not alone in their quest to be a few inches taller.  Any simple Google search will tell you that A-list actor Tom Cruise and superstar producer Simon Cowell are avid users of elevator shoes.  Size really does matter in this world and if there is something that can be done to increase your height, you should seize the golden opportunity and make it happen.

Looking at the posting history of Joker, I smell subtle advertising...

5'7"
Apliph
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #503 on: June 03, 2013, 10:32:46 PM »

I heard a lot of people have knee and back problems from wearing lifts.   I stay away from them and just wear normal dress shoes and deal with being short instead of having knee and back pain.
john_r
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #504 on: July 30, 2013, 06:20:47 AM »

I have two pairs of shoe lifts, one is for casual and the other one is for formal events.  I also have a pair of rubber shoes to get those feet more relaxed when I needed it to.
theuprising
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #505 on: August 29, 2013, 09:29:17 AM »

If orthotics counts then yes, give about 1 inch height.
Messi88
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #506 on: September 01, 2013, 12:20:35 PM »

After LL surgery I will never wear lifts again.  It will be great to wear shoes without putting lifts in them, FREEDOM AT LAST!!

I would still be about 5-6 cm taller as well, the lifts I wear are only about 1. 5 cm(about 4 cm with heel), but It's amazing what such a minimal lift can do for the confidence.
TomD
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #507 on: September 01, 2013, 06:30:56 PM »

I have tried putting socks in my shoes to add 2 inches to my height. It makes a huge difference. However, its embarrassing when you take your shoes off you have to make sure you do it in private.

About 6 months ago I bought 3 inch lifts and wore them all over the place. They made me 5ft 10 and my confidence was enormous for the time I wore the lifts in my boots.

However, its a lie .Every time I took the boots off it revealed my lie to myself and just reminded me I was not 5 10. I was 5ft 7.

The LL is going to solve all these issues permanently.
Andre01
MMT Member

Credibility -3

« Reply #508 on: September 02, 2013, 04:01:24 AM »

I am still puzzled by ppl who say they gain 3 inches from lifts.

I have 5 cm lifts that give me 3cm gain at most. The reason for the actual gain being less than the maximum (heel size of the lift has been discussed before).

It seems the most I can gain from lfts is 5cm.
This ofcos excludes the gain that we get from shoes (2-3.5cm)

So when you guys say u gained 3inches are you saying you were38inches taller than u would be without the lift in the shoe (i.e. shoe only with no lift)

I cant think of a normal boot that would even fit a foot plus a 7.5cm material at the pivot point of the foot.

By the way, the 3cm that I get from the lift is a world of difference. I cant imagine how I feel being 12cm after LL Cheesy

My housemate is an inch taller than me. And with my big boots and lift that give me 7cm all together from barefoot, I feel like I am almost towering him lol.  LL is going to be a life changer  yeaaahhhh hhooooo!!!
TomD
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #509 on: September 02, 2013, 05:46:43 AM »

You need high boots like 'army boots' type thing. High ankle supports so you can cram your foot in and just loosen the laces. Trust me, I had to figure it all out but I did it.

Smiley
thetallerman
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #510 on: September 02, 2013, 06:34:30 AM »

My personal way of wearing lifts and keeping it pretty secretive is to use high top shoes and then putting in an inch and a half lift, I actually made it myself.  This works like a charm.  I folded paper into tiny squares and cut them out, stacked them and then duck taped it, a simple and easy 1 and 1/2 inch lift hahah :D

With normal shoes the lift pushes your feet almost all the way out but high top shoes give you a ton more space without having to resort to boots.  And it makes your increased height gain look totally natural from the outside, unlike boots where people know those give you an added boost, just my two cents.

This is probably what I'll continue to wear as I convince people that my 3 inch gain (soon to get from the precise 2 :) ) is from a late growth spurt, as I'm only 22!

Current Height: 5' 7"

Future Height: 5' 10"
(hoping to get 8cms with the precise 2 soon!)
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #511 on: October 08, 2013, 01:34:09 AM »

My personal way of wearing lifts and keeping it pretty secretive is to use high top shoes and then putting in an inch and a half lift, I actually made it myself.  This works like a charm.  I folded paper into tiny squares and cut them out, stacked them and then duck taped it, a simple and easy 1 and 1/2 inch lift hahah Cheesy

With normal shoes the lift pushes your feet almost all the way out but high top shoes give you a ton more space without having to resort to boots.  And it makes your increased height gain look totally natural from the outside, unlike boots where people know those give you an added boost, just my two cents.

This is probably what I'll continue to wear as I convince people that my 3 inch gain (soon to get from the precise 2 Smiley ) is from a late growth spurt, as I'm only 22!

here is another way - use high tops and than fit a smaller size shoe HEEL inside the high tops ....cool eeh !
having said that people who look for this can spot it cause you walk slightly different plus you can see that something is off, if you know what I mean.Nothing beats just being taller I guess.
migja
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #512 on: December 15, 2013, 05:52:25 PM »

I've been wearing lifts since I was 17. . shortly after I first "realised" I was short, it started with a bit of tissue and then when to insoles.   Lift-wearing pretty much dominates my life and I wouldn't dare be seen in public without at least a 1 inch lift in my shoes/socks and maintain perfect posture at all times.   I even hate to walk around barefoot around the house alone my dissatisfaction with my height and short legs is so profound, and so this need to be taller is pretty extreme.   In formal socials I boost the height up as much as physically possible in my shoes (maybe as much as 3 inches in a good heeled boot to scrape 6ft).   I get assumed to be 5"10-11 in day-day life but obviously I know it's a lie.   Sometimes I have issues with heel pain and I know I'm doing myself harm long term, which is a constant worry but I can't stop. . . I can't wait until I am able to have limb-lengthening, I am 23 now and this has gone on for long enough, and a highlight from the outcome will be the freedom to able to wear whatever footwear I like (and lack of), and actually to be about the height I've been portraying to people all these years.
verbalhermanmunster
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #513 on: December 31, 2013, 02:41:12 PM »

I was always short all the way through school and high school and it never troubled me at all, as I'd never known any different it was never an issue.  And then when I got to 15 and 16 I began to shoot up.  But still I was never seen as tall and always thought of myself as below average, however I soon became intrigued with it and began to hate the fact that I always seemed to be hovering around other guy's shoulder-height and also hating the fact that girls would often seem to be less keen on me due to the fact I was often shorter than the other guys around and sometimes shorter/or the same height as them.

I never wanted to know my height but then at the age of nineteen I measured myself and found myself to be 5'9 which I accepted, although as with most of us I wanted to ideally be about 6'2.  Anyway a few years later and I broke my ankle while at Uni, so after that there was a lot of physio and I was measured frequently and found myself to always be between 179 cm and 181 cm so about 5'11.  Clearly I had had another late growth spurt.  However even now when out and about I feel on the shorter side when compared to most men. 

I work in a supermarket and am often having to stand by those self-service machines to keep an eye on them.  While I'm there the public are always walking past and I usually find myself shorter than male passers-by (although mostly the younger ones as often older ones will have lost height).  In fact there are at least 3 female regulars who are between 6'2 and 6'4 (and that's in normal shoes).

I also remember once standing at a really busy bar while having a night out at uni and looking round to find out of this cramped place I was easily one of the shortest.  The general population definitely seem to be getting taller.

So recently I bought a pair of shoe inserts which probably, taking into account compression, give me just under an inch to half an inch of height.  Unfortunately they won't fit in my work shoes but it's amazing just how much it makes a difference!

I don't know whether it's a psychological thing but lifts really do lift you it would appear.  So yeah at 5'11 I shouldn't feel short but I definitely feel below average, for a guy to break the 6 foot barrier seems so common now.  In fact with my close male friends I think the heights are about 5'7, 5'10, 6'1, 6'1, 6'1, 6'2, 6'2, 6'3 and even 6'6. 

I also notice a few comments about the embarrassment of taking off lifts while playing sport for example.  Unless you are wearing 5 inch lifts I very much doubt anyone will notice.  I play a lot of 5-aside football and everyone is far too concerned on the game to notice something like that.  I know this for a fact because my 5'7 friend wears 3 inch lifted shoes (I'm only one who knows this) and whenever he takes them off to put his football trainers on no one bats an eyelid.

As for when you have to lifts off to enter someone's house you should just lower your posture, lean against something or hunch slightly until you can sit down.  Often people are far too interested in what they are doing or in what they want to talk about to notice.  I think you can get away with 3 inch lifts before taking them off gets suspicious, just remember to hunch your posture slightly when you take your shoes off and then after a minute or two no one will really notice.
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #514 on: December 31, 2013, 05:32:49 PM »

What country are you from? Like many men who don't like their height, you seem to focus only on those taller than yourself. I'm sure there are women who are 6' 2" - 6' 4", but depending what country you are from those women are only 1% - 3% of the population. You don't seem to focus much on the women who are 5' 1" - 5' 7" which are between 60% and 70% of the female population.
EricCartman
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #515 on: December 31, 2013, 07:27:00 PM »

At 5' 11'' the problem is probably just psychological. 5' 11' men are tall in every country (except in Northern Europe and Netherlands). You can start to see CLEARLY that someone is taller/shorter than you just if the difference in height is about 3 cm.
Thanks to God I've noticed that my friends' average height is about 5'8'' (from 5'7'' to 5'9''), so in lifts I'm not greatly shorter than them and women are generally shorter than me Smiley
The problem is that lifts act like a toupee for bald people: they work well, but when you don't have it the incantation disappears...
groove311
MMT Member

Credibility -31

« Reply #516 on: January 01, 2014, 03:18:27 AM »

At 5' 11'' the problem is probably just psychological. 5' 11' men are tall in every country (except in Northern Europe and Netherlands). You can start to see CLEARLY that someone is taller/shorter than you just if the difference in height is about 3 cm.

If you're +3 SD meaning 6'2"+ and you feel average then you're psychological 100% anyone can tell that however I haven't seen many short folks here who are at -1 or -2 or -3 Standard deviations and say I'm fine with my height. That's why we're all here, we're together in this.
I noticed some being -2 SD feel quite short but not very short So it turns out for most, it turns out the research to be true.

an example
-1 Standard deviation = I feel somewhat short, definitely below average and 2 inches would put me at average height
-2 SD i feel quite short possibly very short but never average and one LL surgery of 2-3 inches will put me at average height
-3 SD i feel like im the shortest guy in the room or wherever i walk inside and 2 LL surgeries would put me at average height
groove311
MMT Member

Credibility -31

« Reply #517 on: January 01, 2014, 04:36:07 AM »

Thanks to God I've noticed that my friends' average height is about 5'8'' (from 5'7'' to 5'9''), so in lifts I'm not greatly shorter than them and women are generally shorter than me Smiley
The problem is that lifts act like a toupee for bald people: they work well, but when you don't have it the incantation disappears...
it doesnt mean because you're below 5'7" your chaces of having a girl of a partner is low.
in fact there are definitely guys slightly shorter than 170cm who dont have a problem with women, specially when they have other qualities like
charisma, looks, education, things like that.

if u like a little height, make it up with something big.

do u think being 5'7" is lacking height big time if u have other qualities like good looks and education personality etc?
verbalhermanmunster
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #518 on: January 01, 2014, 12:54:17 PM »

I'm from the East of England.

Out of curiosity if you were say 5'11 how tall would someone be for it to feel like you came up to their shoulder? Would it be about 6'4. 5 or 6'5?
thetallerman
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #519 on: January 28, 2014, 05:22:02 AM »

I have 5 cm lifts that give me 3cm gain at most. The reason for the actual gain being less than the maximum (heel size of the lift has been discussed before).

It seems the most I can gain from lfts is 5cm.
This ofcos excludes the gain that we get from shoes (2-3.5cm)

So when you guys say u gained 3inches are you saying you were38inches taller than u would be without the lift in the shoe (i.e. shoe only with no lift)

I cant think of a normal boot that would even fit a foot plus a 7.5cm material at the pivot point of the foot.

By the way, the 3cm that I get from the lift is a world of difference. I cant imagine how I feel being 12cm after LL Cheesy

My housemate is an inch taller than me. And with my big boots and lift that give me 7cm all together from barefoot, I feel like I am almost towering him lol.  LL is going to be a life changer  yeaaahhhh hhooooo!!!

I totally understand your confusion, I bought two packs of lifts stacked them together in a pair of boots and the total height gain was a little over 4 inches, 1 inch from the boots and 3 inches from the lifts, however I don't count the 1 inch from the boots because EVERYONE is wearing shoes and could have up to an inch on their normal shoes anyways. So when I use these megalifts (as I call them) in my boots and measure myself, I measure at about 5'11 and I then subtract an inch because that's what the boots naturally give, so my apparent height is 5'10. My real height is 170cm / 5'7.

So that's it man, put on the shoes with the lifts, measure your height in the shoes, and then subtract the amount of height the shoes add usually between .4" to .75" on normal shoes or an 1" or so on boots.

Current Height: 5' 7"

Future Height: 5' 10"
(hoping to get 8cms with the precise 2 soon!)
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.