MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 05:59:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Make Me Taller is the world's leading discussion forum for Leg Lengthening - this is a professionally-run site and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening. Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ThangQueBietBay - External Tibias - Dr. Mahboubian - 2013 - Dr. M Saves My Legs From Horror!  (Read 42928 times)
christ0opher
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #100 on: December 07, 2013, 05:03:21 AM »

Trying to find New Topic.  I can't able to find it.  Just had my surgery 2 1/2 months ago.  Can anyone help?
pick
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2013, 02:15:25 PM »

Trying to find New Topic.  I can't able to find it.  Just had my surgery 2 1/2 months ago.  Can anyone help?
I don't think new members can start new topics right away.
Post in a relevant topic in the general forum and hopefully SysOp will start a diary for you.
ThangQueBietBay
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 12

« Reply #102 on: December 18, 2013, 09:28:56 PM »

I am getting my right frame removed tomrrow.  I can walk pretty normally now still have quite a bit of ballerina foot to work out.
Sweden
Current recovery level: 82% and improving.
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

LL Fighter, prophet, expert, adviser, hero, LEGEND

« Reply #103 on: December 19, 2013, 12:44:23 AM »

I am the living proof that ballerina can be reduced.
Your ankle will be tight for a long time.

Hang in there!!

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
ThangQueBietBay
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 12

« Reply #104 on: December 19, 2013, 06:15:24 AM »

Thank you Sweden I am working real hard.  Dr. M did his miracle on me
ThangQueBietBay
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 12

« Reply #105 on: December 29, 2013, 08:26:55 AM »

9 days after frame removal and I am totally blown away of how fast my body heals.  I thought the holes are gonna weep for weeks on end but they all dried up and skin over like just some normal scratches.  I have been able to put some pressure on my right leg without any pain.  I am kindda happy and really look forward to having my left frame removed.  I noticed how skinny my leg looks after i took off the soft splint. I was not supposed to but I accidentally peed on it so I had to >''<.  but after just 9 days the soft tissues kindda plumped themselves around the removed pinsites.  This gives me so much hope.  Goes MMT.  Goes Dr. Mahboubian.
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #106 on: December 29, 2013, 01:08:10 PM »

9 days after frame removal and I am totally blown away of how fast my body heals.  I thought the holes are gonna weep for weeks on end but they all dried up and skin over like just some normal scratches.  I have been able to put some pressure on my right leg without any pain.  I am kindda happy and really look forward to having my left frame removed.  I noticed how skinny my leg looks after i took off the soft splint. I was not supposed to but I accidentally peed on it so I had to >''<.  but after just 9 days the soft tissues kindda plumped themselves around the removed pinsites.  This gives me so much hope.  Goes MMT.  Goes Dr. Mahboubian.

It is really amazing how fast it starts to happen. We spend the whole time lengthening delaying the healing process and when the trauma of LL finishes the floodgates of healing are opened. Just imagine where you will be six months from now. Smiley
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2014, 04:56:42 PM »

How are you these days Thang? Are you walking unassisted?

ThangQueBietBay
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 12

« Reply #108 on: February 15, 2014, 03:32:06 AM »

i walk like you wouldn't believe man.  Life has taken on a whole different meaning after i can walk again.  Any day I can walk and not in pain is a freakin great day. I just love my life man.  How is yours?
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #109 on: February 15, 2014, 05:56:10 AM »

That's good to hear! I'm pretty much back to normal. I have no restrictions & 0 pain. Are your legs fully healed now?

ThangQueBietBay
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 12

« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2014, 03:22:41 AM »

Hey Tall I still have the left frame attached.  Dr. M said that I could have it removed already but I didn't have any money left to fly out yet so we scheduled it for April.  The left frame still gives me trouble every now and then; but then again any piece of metal that stick to your bone thru your flesh is bound to give you some sort of pain.  I can walk completly normal with shoes but without shoes i still have issues because of the frame keeping me from flexing my left calf an knee completly.  The only reason why I know that is because my right improved 100 fold after the frame removal.  Well that is all I have for now.  How has life improved for you after this chalenge?
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2014, 08:57:35 AM »

Well my knee pain I had before my tibiae lengthening is gone for one & my legs feel very healthy! I am really happy that your almost at the end of your journey!!! Are you considering femur lengthening?

ThangQueBietBay
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 12

« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2014, 11:18:31 AM »

I will ask Dr. M about femur to see what he thinks.  If he advises against it then I will just be happy the way I am.  I did think about it before this whole thing started but now I don't think it is that big of a deal.  I almost lost my legs completely, height just doesn't matter any more.  Besides, I have to pay off what I owe now before I can save up anything substantially.  I think with precise 2 femur is about upward of 90 to 100.  That is like a kazillion years for me to save up hehehe.
ThangQueBietBay
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 12

« Reply #113 on: April 03, 2014, 11:04:58 PM »

Left frame is off....no more frame, no screw no rod no nothing....^.^
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #114 on: April 04, 2014, 03:18:20 PM »

Nice job man, are you fully weight bearing?

ThangQueBietBay
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 12

« Reply #115 on: April 04, 2014, 06:39:17 PM »

I am not putting any weight on my left yet, the frame just came off yesterday.  I been using crutches and hop around on my right
ThangQueBietBay
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 12

« Reply #116 on: April 05, 2014, 02:23:47 PM »

This may sound ridiculous to some but it will take me some time to get used to being without any frames.  I have been with them for 18 months (include both the weak ass defective ilizarov from vietnam and the Taylor Spatial frame Dr. M put on me to save my legs).  I shall call it phamtom ex-fix syndrom.
carbo
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #117 on: April 05, 2014, 06:57:04 PM »

hi Thangquebietbay,
i have read your diary, How much do you lengthening with vietnamite doctor?
Very good luck in your life now.
cheers.
Lex
MMT Contributor

Credibility 5

« Reply #118 on: July 24, 2014, 11:32:25 PM »

This may sound ridiculous to some but it will take me some time to get used to being without any frames.  I have been with them for 18 months (include both the weak ass defective ilizarov from vietnam and the Taylor Spatial frame Dr. M put on me to save my legs).  I shall call it phamtom ex-fix syndrom.

Hey.. ThangQueBietbay. I'm glad things have worked out well for you... We all know you had a tough time.. thanks to Dr M.. You are walking again.. All the best to you in your future..
ThangQueBietBay
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 12

« Reply #119 on: November 06, 2014, 04:15:06 AM »

It's been quite a long time since I have been on MMT.  So the final count is 9cm total.  I can't believe that myself but that's the number that came back from the x-ray study.  with that much lengthening, my feet have problems touching the ground so I just had my Achilles tendon lengthening done last Friday on my right leg (one leg at a time).  But since April I have been living a very normal life, sport and all.  I can run, jump kick (at 50% efficiency and with lots of pain at my feet).  Regardless, Dr. M did a superb job saving those smashed up tibias of mine. Cheers MMT
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.