MMT Community
February 22, 2019, 10:40:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Make Me Taller is the world's leading discussion forum for Leg Lengthening - this is a professionally-run site and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening. Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Fastest Way To Get Taller - What I Should Have Done Differently  (Read 29311 times)
Apotheosis
International Underwear Model :P
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 387

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2013, 03:55:34 PM »

Apotheosis
thank you for your detailed diary.  I have been reading it.  
I am an 18. 5 year old who has not grown in 3 years.  my friends have past me.  I am starting college in the fall.  I am 5 foot 6 and half inches.  I would like to be taller.  however, I am concerned about recovery.  it looks like it took you over 2 years and you are still not running or playing sports.
playing sports has been my outlet for feeling good about myself.  I have worked hard and been a good American footballer, basketball and lacrosse.  I have varsity letters in all three.
I am concerned with having to give this up.  what do you think ?

I am not running or playing sports yet because I lengthened pretty much the absolute maximum my body would allow. What I did is not recommended. If I had lengthened less and stayed within the recommended guidelines (roughly 8 CM when doing internal femur lengthening and 6-7 CM when doing internal or external tibia lengthening) I would be running and playing sports by now.

Apotheosis

My personal apotheosis to the very best me I can be. Starting height: 171 cm. 9.5+ cm added to femurs. 10.5+ cm added to tibias. Final Height: 189.5 cm +/-

My femur diary: http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,3530.0.html
My tibia diary: http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,4202.0.h
TomD
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2013, 12:53:40 AM »

Wow. This is some great advice.

I have a question for Apotheosis

I am 5ft 6 1/2 and want to lengthen 6 1/2 inches to 6ft 1. I read your whole story and it inspired me.

I am going to do my Femurs first. Then tibias. Can you tell me what the differences between external femurs and internal femurs are? I am on a budget but not if its going to cause major problems.

Can I do 7.5 cm on each procedure ?

Cheers

p.s. Love your story.
Sweden
Current recovery level: 82% and improving.
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

LL Fighter, prophet, expert, adviser, hero, LEGEND

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2013, 07:10:32 AM »

Wow. This is some great advice.

I have a question for Apotheosis

I am 5ft 6 1/2 and want to lengthen 6 1/2 inches to 6ft 1. I read your whole story and it inspired me.

I am going to do my Femurs first. Then tibias. Can you tell me what the differences between external femurs and internal femurs are? I am on a budget but not if its going to cause major problems.

Can I do 7.5 cm on each procedure ?

Cheers

p.s. Love your story.

You really need to do your reading in here. Start off with the FAQ.

7,5cm can be done but it could be the maximum limit for you before it starts to look strange.

But start do your reading.

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
TomD
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2013, 05:00:45 PM »

Thank you Sweden. Will do.  Smiley
Jeilan
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2013, 08:55:38 AM »

Apotheosis, you are really an inspiration.

I'm ~5'6 with a ~5'9 wingspan.  One thing that I would NOT want to do is to really push the limits of LL.  I would be content with just being 5'9 but would prefer 5'11/6'0.  My 3 brothers are between 5'10/5'11, so just being that tall is enough for me.  I would like to balance the lengthening out between the femur and the tibia, starting off with the former and following it up with the latter as most seem to recommend here.

I'm curious to know how far I can heighten, given my wingspan, without it looking weird.
6MillionDollarMan
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2013, 05:32:06 AM »

Thanks for this post.  From your information, it seems like I'll going with 8 cm with Dr.  Betz for an internal femur to stay on the safe side.  I wouldn't have known this without your post.
Petite Girl
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2013, 02:32:35 AM »

I had read all in this post.  Thanks for advise. :) so there is chance  for me to add 15cm on my height? I am 18 years old female and my height
Petite Girl
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2013, 02:36:27 AM »

my height is 149cm.  sorry for incidently posting double because my netbook is stupido!
Canei
MMT Member

Credibility -1

Constant and never ending improvement.

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2013, 03:03:10 PM »

Could someone give me a general idea of how much titanium rods cost ? What exactly do they do ? Do they allow you to get off crutches quicker because you can walk around without as much consolidation.  Are there strong longer term benefits e. g.  sturdier for year/years you would have "recovered" but still have rods in.

Canei

Current height:167cm(5'6)
 Target height:175cm(5'9)
upinthesky
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 92

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2013, 05:09:25 PM »

Thanks for the advice, Apo! You might have changed my mind about doing 8 + 7 cm instead of 10 + 5 cm. Proportionally speaking, I always wanted to lengthen more on the femurs. Money is not really an issue at the moment, but time is. I'll meet a local doctor on the 19th, and lengthen with him (using the current Fitbone, which I heard is the 4th generation) if I'm content with what I see. If not, I'll immediately go to Germany to see Dr. Betz. I'm still planning to undergo surgery by the end of this month, but it entirely depends on the doctors' schedule. I wonder how early can Dr. Betz accomodate me for surgery following the consultation. Hope you return to sports soon and safely.

Starting Height: 165 cm
Final Height: 172 cm

Date of Surgery: January 6th, 2014
Started Lengthening: January 11th, 2014
Started Walking Again: March 21st, 2014
From Surgery to Walking: 75 days

Lengthened 7 cm with Dr.Muharrem Inan in Istanbul, Turkey with the Fitbone Internal Method.
JohnKeogh
MMT Member

Credibility -3

« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2013, 03:44:18 PM »

From what I've gathered so far, 15cm (6 inches) appears to be the maximum before you start to look weird and encounter problems.  Very short men (5' 3" - 5' 5") probably can't do anymore than 5 inches.
crazy+6
LL Warrior
MMT Expert

Credibility 273

U HAVE ONLY ONE LIFE TO DO ALL THE THINGS U WANT

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2013, 04:09:04 PM »

Though my experience is totally different on this issue. I would advise maximum 12-15 cm of lengthening.

YES !! I did it - Journey of becoming tall - From 5'4" to 5'11" in India

Current status:- Struggling to get my normal life back.

"Hope is a good thing, May be the best of thing, and no good things ever dies"
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2013, 05:38:50 PM »

From what I've gathered so far, 15cm (6 inches) appears to be the maximum before you start to look weird and encounter problems.  Very short men (5' 3" - 5' 5") probably can't do anymore than 5 inches.

15 CM is the most that is recommend. Obviously less than this would be more recommended. Smiley
Artificial Growth
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2013, 07:56:05 PM »

After reading some diaries, I believe pushing beyond 7. 5cm is a bit too extreme and if a person desires more height, a second lengthening surgery is a must.   
Hope23
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2013, 08:08:08 AM »

Hello guys next year I want to do LL .  I want to do my femur and than tibia .  But if I do my femur first , how long should I wait to do my tibia? And what is a safe height for each surgery if I am 5'5 ? Thank you guys!
Hope23
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2013, 08:37:14 AM »

I just became a member but I have been reading and following you guys for a long time .  I am 5'5 and I hate it .  I wear lifts in my shoes everywhere I go .  I hate to go over someone's house because of the fact that I need to take off my shoes .  I even take off my shoes outside of some of my friends house so they will not see the lifts I have put in my shoes .  I sit down right when I get to someone's house and hate to stand up .  I feel like people do judge shorter people and it is not fair.   :'(
DougMcKascill
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2014, 04:42:50 AM »

Hi Apotheosis.

I really liked the reflection you have posted about your LL experiences.  I'm sure it will serve as a reminder to all people interested in limb lengthening that you shouldn't get caught up in the numbers game.

Otherwise, as of Feb 2014, how is the recovery coming along?  Huh?

Doug.
MYP
Lurker

Credibility 1

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2014, 02:40:09 AM »

Hello guys,

I'm a new member (I had introduce myself a few weeks ago in other posts)

Doing the LL as describe by Apotheosis at the beginning of the topic, I see a lot of references to the costs of this (my main issue by now).
Considering doing that way, with one of the recommended doctor that we have in the MMT forum.  (can be in Germany, India, China)

How much you guys It will cost more or less?

(Just for ref.  I have the same height that Apotheosis had at the beginning of his journey. )

Thanks
MYP
Lurker

Credibility 1

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2014, 03:38:21 AM »

In Time. . .

(sorry didn't find where I can edit my post)

can be in Germany, India, China (or any other country)
texasbruce
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2015, 06:33:39 AM »

But how much did you actually do instead of (8. 6 and 6. 5)?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.