MMT Community
October 24, 2017, 04:01:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Welcome to Make Me Taller! This is the leading site for the discussion of Leg Lengthening on the Internet. Join now - the more you contribute, the more you will benefit from being part of our community - all are welcome.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

The Make Me Taller (MMT) community forum provides free information about the only REAL way to become taller - elective leg lengthening (LL) surgery. This site contains detailed information, pictures, videos, diaries and personal accounts from people who have undergone cosmetic LL to become taller. We discuss the pros and cons of Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE and other methods. Please read our FAQs first before posting and enjoy your time here finding out how to become taller! Leg Lengthening is a serious endeavor, so do your research! You can also buy MMT's new book about LL called 'Inchworm' at Amazon!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Proportion Discussions - with more photos and videos added!  (Read 233668 times)
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« on: October 12, 2006, 11:16:10 AM »

Proportions Photos!

OK, it's the most popular question on the board at the moment - proportions.

Let's keep proportion discussions in here to keep the boards neat and tidy Smiley

One of the other patients here was kind enough to let me take a picture of his lower legs - which he has lengthened by 8.8cm! (88mm).

I repeat. This guy has lengthened by 8.8cm. I took these pictures today when he came into my room to say hello.

He is still in the process of recovering, so he doesn't stand or walk a lot, but I'll try get more pictures of him soon.

This guy was 159cm before his operation and is now 168cm. His legs look pretty good in my opinion, although he had a lot of complications along the way and didn't exercise for a couple of months, so he is spending another month recovering before he can walk fully unsupported.

His treatment took seven months and he had a lot of problems with pain and stuff, but this guy is a trooper and was determined to stick with the programme.

Now he walks with crutches and is also wearing the support frames that were made for him, which you can see in the picture.

He can't afford to stay in the hospital and has moved to a hotel, but the hospital let him come back every day to use the gym room and in my opinion, he is progressing really well.

When I get one of him standing, I'll get it posted up in this section for you.

I also hoping tomorrow get some of the female patients soon, and an Asian male model who is coming in tomorrow to get his nail taken out.

More photos soon! Smiley
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 04:20:00 AM by MMT Admin » Logged

anonymous1
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 03:46:34 PM »

i'm sorry but the photo i useless in talking about proportions if the patient isn't standing up and looking straight at the camera. also he must be wearing tight-fitted clothing (maybe some small shorts and a tight t-shirt) to really see if the proportions are noticeable. can't do anything with this photo.
cbick66
LL Hero
MMT Adviser

Credibility 514

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 03:57:17 PM »

all I have to ay is that's alot. Especially for a guy of short stature. The shorter you are, the bigger difference it's going to make in proportion. But who knows, maybe this guy had really short tibias. But in any case, I'm sure he's happy wit the new height.

TIME IS YOUR FRIEND
Cheers to all the vets and future LL Troopers
deaddog
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 08:46:26 PM »

Hi MMT,

Thanks a million for the photos! It is kind of hard to tell how well he carries the new length in his tibias (proportion wise) without seeing him standing. That is the only way to really see how his tibs look in relation to his femurs, and the rest of his body overall. I am not really sure, but it looks like his tibias are really really long and probably out of proportion with his femurs, not sure though. Lengthening almost 4 inches in only one segment seems like it would definately look strange. You say that his legs pretty good in your opinion, do you think his proportions are still acceptable? I am sure that he is ecstatic about the height he gained, but is he personally concerned with proportions, or just height?

I am personally struggling with which bones I should lengthen (tibs vs femurs) when I have my own LL. I am very concerned with proportions because I do not want my legs to look strange. Shocked I am 41 years old and I stand 5' 7 and 3/4 inches in my bare feet. I would like to gain 6-7cm to get to a solid 5' 10"+ which will be awesome as far my height goes, I just want to avoid looking like a praying mantis or something. Wink

Anyways, thanks again for the photos and for everything that you are doing to share your LL experience with those of us who are seeking information about LL. You rock dude!!! Cheesy
cbick66
LL Hero
MMT Adviser

Credibility 514

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 09:56:01 PM »

well it looks like you're the popular one now MMT, lol.

TIME IS YOUR FRIEND
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 01:19:12 AM »

Thanks, guys! Smiley

Don't worry, there are more photos coming - as you can imagine, it's a little hard to convince people to let you take their photos, but I'm working my charm Wink

Mr Pink, the guy you can see here, will be walking and standing today, so I hope to get a few more shots of him, as well as the other guys I talked about.

It's still pretty amazing to think that his legs are 8.8cm longer than they were before. I just wouldn't have thought it was possible Shocked

jfk
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 01:43:51 AM »

Thanks, guys! Smiley

Don't worry, there are more photos coming - as you can imagine, it's a little hard to convince people to let you take their photos, but I'm working my charm Wink

Mr Pink, the guy you can see here, will be walking and standing today, so I hope to get a few more shots of him, as well as the other guys I talked about.

It's still pretty amazing to think that his legs are 8.8cm longer than they were before. I just wouldn't have thought it was possible Shocked
  we would to see that,, of course,, all depends of the body,,, you can just take the photo with out the patient face,,,
is he in pain when he walks?
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 11:11:01 AM »

PROPORTIONS AGAIN!

It's been a good day, today. I managed to do both my exercise sessions without too much pain (even though the second was shortly after I did another lengthening turn) I've had two lovely meals (Giant Pork Meatballs for lunch & Pork Slices with Mushrooms for dinner.

But you don't really care about that do you? What you want to hear is that I made a video of Mr Pink, and also of a girl called Dong Mei who has lengthened 12.0cm (120mm). YES. TWELVE CENTIMETRES Smiley

You asked for pictures? MMT gives you pictures!

Mr Pink
As you might hear on the video, he actually wants to be known as Iceman, but we've already started calling him Mr Pink, so that's that.

Here is a picture of him standing up.

Click here to launch the video of Mr Pink walking!

(Please bear in mind that he has only just had his frames removed and has about another 4 weeks exercising and physio before he will be able to walk properly. Please also bear in mind that I didn't bring those orange slippers to China with me - the maid bought them for me Smiley )

Before someone flames me saying that he is not naked, or wearing a lycra running suit, just bear in mind that, in the real world, people don't walk around naked or in Spandex. Not in my world anyway. In my world they wear normal clothes like the people in these photos [/endrant]

You want my view? His proportions look fine. The doctors told him he'd be OK, and he is OK.

Dong Mei
Oh my!  Cheesy

Some of us guys had a LONG debate about this lovely lady after her visit. I'm in the "Damn! She looks great!" camp, and I told her. Several times.

It seems to be a small camp, though. Consisting of me and lots of girls... She carries the extra height perfectly in my opinion, and she seems to be something of a local icon with the women.

A lot of the guys think that she has gone too far. (Note some of the exercise machines that we use in the background)

You make up your own mind... that's what this forum is all about!

Better still, here's the video!

Click here to launch the video of Dong Mei standing up and walking towards me!

I don't know if it is the drugs they are giving me to sleep, or the food, but I was quite taken with her and if I didn't have these frames on...

MM doesn't agree with me and I think that he will be on to disagree with me a bit later!

Enjoy! Wink
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 05:03:13 PM by MMT Admin » Logged

mysteryman
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 535

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 11:48:05 AM »

I don't know if it is the drugs they are giving me to sleep, or the food, but I was quite taken with her and if I didn't have these frames on...

MM doesn't agree with me and I think that he will be on to disagree with me a bit later!

Enjoy! Wink

It's ok folks, MMT has been wheeled off to the doctor's office, dont worry his frames are fine, just his minds gone.

Dong mei, is like the plastic barbie of china, while having LL, she had eye surgery, lip surgery...the works. The girl is, as we say in china fungza (crazy).

But, if there are any nice local girls in china (beijing), please dont hesitate to Pm me, or MMT...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 02:37:31 PM by mysteryman » Logged

MMT Moderator/Photoshop Guru
Leg Lengthening Veteran
Went from 165cm to 175.25cm in Beijing!
jfk
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2006, 01:02:19 PM »

Hi,, she seems fine to me,, i dont see any disproportion in any of the subjects, and i see she recovered well,,, that makes me think that perhaps it would be cool to go for the 10 cms,,, Grin
those chinesse girls are hot!!!   Grin
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 05:18:24 PM »

I'm with you, JFK  Cool

cbick66
LL Hero
MMT Adviser

Credibility 514

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2006, 08:06:00 PM »

Hey MMt. I'm asking this as a presonal favour. Can you ask both of them if they had any problems with "ballerina foot" and knee flexim(bent knee) problems during the lengthening fazde. If so, how long and what kind of exersises did they do to fix it.

TIME IS YOUR FRIEND
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2006, 09:45:26 PM »

Hey MMt. I'm asking this as a presonal favour. Can you ask both of them if they had any problems with "ballerina foot" and knee flexim(bent knee) problems during the lengthening fazde. If so, how long and what kind of exersises did they do to fix it.

Hi CB. No one here has reported problems like that, and I think that there are two reasons:

1. The strict exercise regime that makes you move our legs every day even if you don't want to;
2. The horrible pins that they insist you have in your ankle that forces your heel to the ground throughout the whole process.

I can tell you that one guy who arrived here a few days after me couldn't take the pain of one of the ankle pins (it's definitely the most painful part of the approach here) and cried so hard that they took one out for him.

Since then, he's started developing ''Ballerina Foot' and you can clearly see that without a pin holding the heel to the floor, the foot starts to dip forward from the toes.

However, the doctors have told him that he MUST have the ankle pin replaced in 20 days. I know that he would rather have Ballerina Foot and fix it later (he's a tough American!) but they won't let him. They expect everyone to walk out of here. If you don't follow their rules, they'll happily refund your money and let you go elsewhere.

I don't know which approach is right, and which is wrong. I'm in two minds myself as I'd sleep much easier without the ankle pins, but I'd also like to walk out of here.

The ankle pins really hurt like hell when you walk and you can feel the extra pressure that they put on your heel, but it does seem to get people walking more quickly.

I hope that helps! Smiley
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 02:20:46 AM by MMT Admin » Logged

CCCC
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2006, 05:40:28 AM »

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MMT, THIS IS REALLY FASCINATING.
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2006, 01:19:55 PM »

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MMT, THIS IS REALLY FASCINATING.

Thanks, CCCC - more photos coming next week Smiley

cbick66
LL Hero
MMT Adviser

Credibility 514

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2006, 02:55:10 PM »

sure, I get it. I'll just have to give er this month and I should be ok.

TIME IS YOUR FRIEND
deaddog
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2006, 07:10:04 PM »

Hi MMt,

Do you expect to be in considerable pain due to the ankle pins for the entire time you are lengthening? Is this pain from the ankle pins in addition to the pain from the lengthening process itself (kind of double the pain)? What do the others who have been there for awhile say about the ankle pins and pain.....does it get better/less painful over time? Thanks!
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2006, 10:42:50 PM »

Hi MMt, Do you expect to be in considerable pain due to the ankle pins for the entire time you are lengthening? Is this pain from the ankle pins in addition to the pain from the lengthening process itself (kind of double the pain)? What do the others who have been there for awhile say about the ankle pins and pain.....does it get better/less painful over time? Thanks!

Hi DD! It's only painful when you walk, and it gets better as the muscles stretch. I'll be able to take it until my frame is off - it's not too bad Smiley

deaddog
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2006, 04:37:08 AM »

Hi again MMT,

Thanks for your reply! Glad to hear the pain is not unbearable. Smiley I think that it is pretty cool that you were able to get MM for a roommate since you are both from the UK. I am guessing that you have made a friend for life! BTW, do you plan on keeping this site up and running after you have retutned home and are all finished with your LL adventure?

Thanks,
dd
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2006, 04:44:20 AM »

Hi DD,

Yes, it's my plan to keep the site going forever - or until people are no longer interested in LL - I just hope that people will continue to be happy to post their diaries here when they go through their operations because that is what people really need to see - actual information from people going through the surgery Smiley
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 06:51:29 AM by MMT Admin » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.