MMT Community
March 24, 2017, 06:01:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Please spread the word and invite people from other Leg Lengthening forums to join us - this is a professionally-run forum and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening - all are welcome - there'll be no delays in signing-up either, unlike some other forums! Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

The Make Me Taller (MMT) community forum provides free information about the only REAL way to become taller - elective leg lengthening (LL) surgery. This site contains detailed information, pictures, videos, diaries and personal accounts from people who have undergone cosmetic LL to become taller. We discuss the pros and cons of Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE and other methods. Please read our FAQs first before posting and enjoy your time here finding out how to become taller! Leg Lengthening is a serious endeavor, so do your research! You can also buy MMT's new book about LL called 'Inchworm' at Amazon!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Proportion Discussions - with more photos and videos added!  (Read 210149 times)
deaddog
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2006, 08:19:29 PM »

Hi MMT,

Could you kindly provide me with the URL for hospital you are at. I just want to be certain that I have the same one as the hospital and doctors that you are having LL with!

Many thanks!
dd
MMTA
Former Site Admin
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2006, 02:13:47 AM »

Hi MMT, Could you kindly provide me with the URL for hospital you are at. I just want to be certain that I have the same one as the hospital and doctors that you are having LL with! Many thanks!
dd

Sure. It is http://www.leg-lengthening.com/

Isabelle
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 262

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2006, 07:50:42 AM »

As a female I LOVE the look of DongMai?s legs but not sure if they?re a little out of proportion with her upper body and arms which seem relatively short Undecided. My partner thinks she looks a bit ridiculous but as well as thinking she?s out of proportion he is also unusually for a guy I think, not a big fan of very long legs. I?m thinking that because of my relatively long body and arms, I?d be very happy with an extra 6-7cm increase. 
MMTA
Former Site Admin
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2006, 09:12:21 AM »

As a female I LOVE the look of DongMai’s legs but not sure if they’re a little out of proportion with her upper body and arms which seem relatively short Undecided. My partner thinks she looks a bit ridiculous but as well as thinking she’s out of proportion he is also unusually for a guy I think, not a big fan of very long legs. I’m thinking that because of my relatively long body and arms, I’d be very happy with an extra 6-7cm increase. 

Welcome to the club Smiley

I think that the one problem that she may have is that if she wore high heels, she may look really out of proportion.

However, someone doing 6-7cm and wearing high-heels would probably look really great, and I'm sure your boyfriend wouldn't complain if you had longer legs Wink

deaddog
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2006, 01:44:28 AM »

Hi MMT, Could you kindly provide me with the URL for hospital you are at. I just want to be certain that I have the same one as the hospital and doctors that you are having LL with! Many thanks!
dd

Sure. It is http://www.leg-lengthening.com/

Thanks a bunch MMT!

Just my own opinion regarding DongMai is that she looked good and in proportion to me. Hard to tell for sure with long pants on though. Anyways, she is a beautiful girl!  Wink
Isabelle
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 262

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2006, 03:08:47 AM »

How tall is Dong Mei now by the way? It?d be interesting to know how short she?d been, I must have missed it somewhere. Shame they don't really show any decent before pics too on Dr Xia's website for comparison.

MMTA
Former Site Admin
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2006, 05:42:50 AM »

Hi.

Dong Mei was 148cm and is now 160cm according to the people I asked here. She looks taller because of her proportions, I reckon Smiley

Isabelle
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 262

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2006, 10:22:49 AM »

Thanks, she does seem taller.

On another note thought I?d include some before pics (after pics not too far away I hope) wearing ?lycra? Wink Cheesy to show proportions, this being a proportions thread. Not skimpy though and unfortunately there?s nothing sexy about them (on me). I'm out of shape and a bit underweight and probably shouldn?t worry about bending any pins but I?m still probably taller than many Chinese girls. I may have a fairly long body and arms but as far as leg lengthening, my fibulas aren?t that long which is why I don?t think I can go more than 6-7cm?s on the tibia?s (7 if I?m lucky) without looking too out of proportion?.not sure Undecided. Trouble is if I?m doing this I really don?t want to go under 6 if I can help it.

The first pic is taken by my partner standing, the second on his knees which changes proportions slightly (perhaps???) in each. Not sure exactly what angle people take pics from. 

MMTA
Former Site Admin
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2006, 10:41:52 AM »

Hi Isabella!

I'm not expert, but I reckon you could carry several additional centimetres on the lower parts of your legs quite easily and that you'd look really good - you've got slim legs and a slim figure, so it should work quite well for you Smiley

mysteryman
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 535

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2006, 11:06:46 AM »

Hi Isabella!

Here's some pics i adjusted, i think you'll look very good, i would say pic 2 is about 5/6 cm, pic 3 is 10/11cm and pic 1 is your original. Though these are very ruff, it gives you some idea.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 11:37:54 AM by mysteryman » Logged

MMT Moderator/Photoshop Guru
Leg Lengthening Veteran
Went from 165cm to 175.25cm in Beijing!
cbick66
LL Hero
MMT Adviser

Credibility 514

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2006, 07:58:03 PM »

Second picture looks good. Third one would probably have to be done in femurs if you want to go that long. Let me just say something, ANYONE can carry a couple inshes in one section without looking out of proportion. I think people are putting to much thought into something that they don't need to. To the average eye, 2 inches in tibias is not notacible. Since being home, no one has made remarks about my longer tibias and I have put 6-6.5cm on them. I told everyone that I had bowed legs and got them fixed. So they don't know at all what's going on. I don't think a healthy person should be worried about proportion if they're going for 2 inches or so. Once you start looking like your third picture, then people might take a little notice but won't think anything of it. They might say, wow, those are sexy long tibias.  That's all:)

How tall are you? And what's your wingspan?(length from fingertip to fingertip)

TIME IS YOUR FRIEND
Cheers to all the vets and future LL Troopers
deaddog
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2006, 02:50:51 AM »

Hi Isabella,

I agree with cbick. The second picture looks good with a 5-6cm gain in your tibs. Your original pics look like your femurs are already long compared to your tibs, so I think 6-7 cm in your tibs would work perfectly for you! I do not think you should consider going for a gain like the third pic with a 10-11cm increase.
It does not look necessarily bad, but the second pic looks good! I would shoot for 6-7cm if I were you. Wink BTW, how tall are you and how does your partner feel about your height and your desire to have cosmetic LL?
Lubrcate
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2006, 04:23:36 AM »

how do i add images?  errrr
Isabelle
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 262

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2006, 05:45:43 AM »

Thankyou very much for your opinion everyone, and WOW! Thanks so much Mysteryman, I really appreciate you doing that!!! I agree about the middle pic and am really really loving the length there. Glad my feet won't be growing too though he he Grin. I meant to say in my earlier post that I didn?t have very long femurs, instead I said fibulas (even though they?re not long either) but like deaddog said they?re kind of a similar ratio and I agree that?s one of the main reasons I?m not so keen on the third pic, as well as starting to look a bit like a giraffe I feel. Sure I?d like to go to 10-12cm?s but have no intention of doing the femurs so am now in no doubt and certain I?ll stick with 6, maybe 7cm?s if I?m pushing it. 

I?m glad to hear no-one has made remarks about your longer legs Cbick66, hoping that?s the case for me too cos I was really thinking people would notice, those I?m suddenly looking more down on anyway. Of course they?ll definitely comment if they know about it. I sure wouldn?t tell anyone but will have to come clean with my parents and they might choose to explain where I?ve disappeared for months etc and other reasons. It seems out of character for me to do that. Knowing my mum though I expect her to feel embarrassed about the whole affair but the sh*t will probably hit the fan and it makes me feel upset to think about it Cry . I?d love to use the bowed leg excuse but in my case doubtful I?d get away with it. I do have kind of knocked knees which you can?t see quite so well with my legs straight together. Pity I can?t use that for an excuse. Last year a cosmetic surgeon said I have larger fat pads than usual and could be liposculpted and really improve the appearance and knocking but I had health problems at the time and am still trying to gain my ideal body weight and sustain it before having the procedure. I?ve always had a problem gaining weight so it seems to be taking forever Roll Eyes

I am not really short for a female at 165cm?s (at least in my country) so people would think I?m crazy and I understand that. All I can say is my reasons run deep. Wing span is about 167cm?s. Is that long for me? I?m guessing it?s fairly long. I do know that when I wear heels they seem to look more in proportion but maybe it?s just me.

My partner actually prefers me in the original pic, can you believe that! I sure couldn?t. What a party pooper Tongue   He is however strongly supportive of anything I really wish to do so I?m a lucky girl but he still thinks I?m crazy Grin

daburgerman, I don?t know how to upload images either so got my partner to do it for me. He?s just gone back to work so hopefully one of the guys can help you.

Sorry about the long winded post and thankyou again Smiley
cbick66
LL Hero
MMT Adviser

Credibility 514

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2006, 02:41:39 PM »

Isabelle:

Maybe I missed it but I would like to know your motivation behing this. I know you said all your reasons run deep but if you can truly get past this phase, I recommend you do so. 165cm for a girl is perfectly acceptable in todays standards, especially with your type of body. I think alot of people are naive(like I was) about this opperation and go into it thiking it's going to be a walk in the park.

Let me just recap my little diary.

Male
Starting height:                        163-164cm
Reason for doing this:              fear of not being accepted by my other peers, not always being know for "how short I am", etc, etc, etc.
Where I am now:                     169-170cm
Goal height:                              175-176cm

So this is basically me in 3 months so far. Now the part that sucks.... For the last month, I wake up with stiffness in my ankles, calf muscles, tendons, you name it, it's all stiff. My legs lost alot of muscle being in a wheel chair and not moving around alot for 3 months. There isn't pain anymore but the odd time I will stand and feel a sharp pain in my knees. So basically I now know what it feels like to be old.

This is not only derected towards you but to anyone who might want to have this surgery. You have to be really fukced in the head to want to do this. Hopefully when all this is done and over with for me, I'll just be able to blend in to the crowd. I still won't even be close to being a tall man but at least people won't notice me for my short height anymore. I won't have to answer stupid questions like: "why are you so short". I have been asked and told this all my life.

Anyway, what I'm really asking you is: How do you think an increase in height is going to change your life?

TIME IS YOUR FRIEND
sellerjones
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2006, 01:29:05 AM »

hey cbick

what kind of surgery did you do and where did you do it?

how long was the process of surgery from day 1 to the day that you were able to go home and return to normal life?

how do you feel now from the way that you felt before (mentally) like when you walk around and stuff like that? feel more confident? better about yourself?

thanks
cbick66
LL Hero
MMT Adviser

Credibility 514

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2006, 02:19:46 AM »

sellerjones:

Please, please read the diaries. I can't express how much it will help you and you will learn everything you need to know about Limb Lengthening. I've posted one from serbia and MMT from Beijing.

I'm  not walking normal yet, it'll probably be 1 month or 2 before I can walk normally.

TIME IS YOUR FRIEND
Isabelle
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 262

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2006, 06:51:26 AM »

Cbick66,
I understand perfectly where you are coming from. I will tell you my story and must admit it is not the usual and kind of a sad one. I was born with a chest deformity. It would not be till puberty, often a trying enough period in itself that it would become physically fully evident and emotionally mess around with my head. As a child it was rather sunken which led to a pot bellied appearance even though my body was scrawny, however I was happy and seemed pretty healthy so my parents and no one else for that matter thought anything of it. Later on I would almost wish I was dead.

My breasts never developed properly in puberty which didn?t help matters. Years later I would read that this was quite common in females with the deformity, however at the time I had no idea it had a name let alone that anyone else had it. My body had lengthened and the pot belly seemed to be gone, but what was in its place seemed to me indescribably worse and I felt so ashamed and completely alone. My natural instinct had been to hide it, even from my family. I resorted to hunching and wearing layers of baggy clothes. Singlets in the summer time were rotting with holes on my body because I seldom bathed or changed. I became paranoid about every part of my face and body, and was suffering from what I now know to be panic attacks when out in public which left me humiliated and even more ashamed.

My dreams to go to drama school were over. By 16 I dropped out of school and virtually dropped out of the world in a way, no longer having friends, avoiding social interaction as much as possible and virtually deceived my family into thinking things were fine and that none of this was happening. I implanted the impression of myself being taller in my mind so strongly during this time. It somehow brought me comfort and made it that little bit more endurable you could say, by my making a firm image and idea of my self being the way I most wanted to be which included having a normal chest and being taller. I did this for many years with a resonance that I KNEW it would all come to pass some day.

Men weren?t generally attracted to me except for my face and I?d no intention of dating or getting close to anyone until I met my very special partner at 21. Our relationship was fraught with tremendous difficulty but we are still together today. I never properly showed him my chest until 34yr?s old. He discovered what it was on the internet and I broke down when I heard there were actually other people with it. I was into the occult and always thought my chest and height must happen some other miraclulous way.

I flew to America and my father paid for an operation by the most reputable Dr for adult patients at Johns Hopkins. I?d had some problems with stamina and it turned out my heart was abut my sternum and my lungs were somewhat compressed. The Dr?s in my country were not experienced enough with the so called non invasive Nuss procedure we had chosen. Afterwards your body feels more or less like you?ve hit a bus. Basically my chest is forced out with a stainless steel bar that covers its width and is fixed to the sides of the ribs with stabilizer clips. These cause their fair share of irritation too initially. As far as pain I have a fairly high tolerance, in fact the nurse said I had the highest tolerance of pain she?d ever seen. The bar has been in place for 2yr?s and is due out next year. Here?s a few of my before and after pics on another site in case anyone is interested:  http://www.pectusinfo.com/board/viewthread.php?tid=503 

I don?t think this leg operation will be a walk in the park by any means, I have read people?s accounts and it seems incredibly painful but I have experienced physical pain and years of hardcore emotional pain. I can sympathise with anyone who has been remotely near there.

I read your diary before Cbick and you sound like a great guy. Everyone has their weaknesses for whatever reasons and it just so happens that this is ours. People risk life and limb to climb mountains like Everest. They endure physical hardship and pay insane amounts of money to achieve their dream. This is our Everest. If it is something that will bring happiness into our lives I think God would want us to have it. The hardest part of the climb for me will be the reaction of my family??

Wishing you all the best Smiley
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 06:55:30 AM by Isabelle » Logged
cbick66
LL Hero
MMT Adviser

Credibility 514

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2006, 03:25:49 PM »

Wow, let me just say I saw the before and after pictures and they look great. I find it vey interesting how being insacure about your chest would trigger you to want to become taller. The mind is such a powerfull tool. Is it possibly because of you "resorted to hunching" that you felt you were shorter then you really were? Sorry, I didn't mean for you to go into such details but I'm just on the curious side. I find that if a person really feels in his/her mind that this surgery is all that is left to make him/her happy, then it will be the right decision.

If you read the diary, you will know that knowbody knew where I was when I first got here. I was to ashamed with myelf for comming to this conclusion so I couldn't tell anyone. I had told my familly that I went on a trip to Italy. So here I was in a foreign country, don't even speak the language and both my legs were about to be broaken in half.  It's not untill I was in the surgery room just before they put me asleep that I said to myself: "Ok, this is it. Now is the last chance I have to turn back. Today is the day where I'm changing my situation for the rest of my life"  They put the mask on and within a few seconds I was asleep. So for me, there was nothing that would stand in my way to acheive my goals.

Now here I am today writing this little comment with both my legs still broaken and I think to myself: "If I had to do this all over again, I would be there in a hart flash."  I think I made the right decision.

TIME IS YOUR FRIEND
tear11
MMT Member

Credibility -3

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2006, 06:52:28 PM »

I just want to support  Isabelle's decision haveing been ill for 9 years and enduring a great deal of pain, it has also triggered a similar experience in me. I am about 5'9, so not short at all, but the desire to be taller is the thought that brings the most joy to my psyche. One can easily dismiss it as just another thought, but after going through what unfornutaley no one should have to, the freedom and desire to satisfy the yearning is ok. The body has created enough physical and emotional pain that it would be nice to now have an enjoyable and positve relationship for a change. Good luck to all.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.