MMT Community
February 21, 2017, 02:20:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Check out the new photos in the Proportions section, which include photos and videos of a lady who lengthened by a full 12cm walking and stretching, and a guy who did 8.8cm taking his first steps! Shocked Click Here!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blackbear - External Tibia / Internal Femur - Doctor Withheld - 2013 - Part 2 Commence!  (Read 38770 times)
blackbear
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 95

« on: September 07, 2013, 04:41:56 PM »

so I know I didn't fill many of you in on my first operation and just explained a little about it in the "running normally after LL" post and I gave you a video of me running with my knee unaligned.

But Ill give you a quick break down. I am having a 2 part operation and during part one I had a illizarov fixator on my right tib/fib and a ISKD nail in my left femur. Now this went according to plan but it was painfull. I went from 5.2 to 5.6 and at the end of it I was well enough to run alittle bit hence the video in "running normally after LL"

Now 2.6 years later im on part 2 with a illizarov on my left tib/fib and! a LRS system fixator on my right femur. This time I am in no where near as much pain however as I start lengthening more Im sure it might be more so.

I Have started this post to keep you all well informed this time with pics and just how im doing. heck maybe at the end of this sysop can put it in the diaries.

vid after part 1: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcy_l6MMQgM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcy_l6MMQgM</a>
PART 2: PICS AFTER OPERATION

Sweden
Current recovery level: 82% and improving.
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

LL Fighter, prophet, expert, adviser, hero, LEGEND

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 06:00:30 PM »

Wow! That is some badass stuff. Good looking frame.

Tell us how you work on your ballerina as you lengthen. It's great that you want to share, thank you.

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
173to180
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 05:20:36 AM »

So in that video one of your knees is 4 inches higher? I can't even tell.
blackbear
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 95

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 07:01:06 PM »

yes they are. well 7cm to be exact.
devon
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 02:43:19 AM »

Thanks for the running vid!

Also, am I getting this right?  You went from 5feet 2inches to 5feet 6inches, a total of 4 inches (or 10 cm) in gain. You lengthened 10 cm Right tibias, and 3 cm Left femurs, which accounts for the 7 cm difference in knee height?  Now you are in the process of lengthening 10 cm Left tibias, and 3 cm Right femurs.  And your final height will remain at 5feet 6inches, but your knees will be parallel in the end.

Can I ask your wingspan?

Thanks Smiley
173to180
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 08:54:15 AM »

I don't think so Devon, if he lengthened 7cm one leg and 3cm other leg then it's not like they add up, he would just have one longer leg and one shorter.

I think he lengthened 7cm tib/femur on opposite legs first time round and is just rounding up the 5.2 > 5,6 could be wrong though.
blackbear
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 95

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 07:27:06 PM »

right to be exact! I was 5.2 and a half. In the first operation I gained 7cm (3.5 inches) in height which made me 5.6..... they did this by lengthening my right tib/fib 7cm and my left femur 7cm.

on my second operation which im having done now..... they are doing the opposite pretty much which will make me another 7cm taller. so by rights ill be 5.9 and a half. but that's just approximate.
blackbear
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 95

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 09:33:31 PM »

as for my wingspan I will come back to you with it. Smiley
acap
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 04:07:26 AM »

7 cm are about 2.75 in, 3.5 in are about 8.90 cm. Which one?
blackbear
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 95

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2013, 02:38:41 PM »

wow I didn't realised people were so crazy on accurate heights. yes 2.75 inches. never really been bothered to convert cm in to inches properly. all I know is how tall I am now when measured which is 5.6 rounded up.
blackbear
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 95

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 03:28:41 PM »

so guys I thought I would give you a few pictures to show you where I am up too, what I have made and to show you my knee alignment.

knee alignment

I made myself a foot split to stop my foot from dropping works a treat!

I am officially past 1cm

as for my wingspan I need to ask someone in my family to find me a tape measure.
IwillBeTall
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2013, 05:08:29 PM »

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm looking forward to following this thread.

IwillBeTall

Researching...
acap
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2013, 07:12:49 AM »

wow I didn't realised people were so crazy on accurate heights. yes 2.75 inches. never really been bothered to convert cm in to inches properly. all I know is how tall I am now when measured which is 5.6 rounded up.

I appreciate your story, I just wanted you to be precise because 2 cm are supposed to be a hell of a difference when lengthening. And 9 cm would have put you among the highest achievers group.
6ftby2014
MMT Expert

Credibility 38

Current height 171.5cm (5'7.5")

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2013, 03:10:37 PM »

Did you have any pain or discomfort walking with the knee height difference?

Good luck lengthening.

" Whatever you want, you shall have. Whatever you search for, you shall find ".
blackbear
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 95

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2013, 10:03:27 PM »

Hi guys just to bring you all up on a few things and to answer 1 or 2 questions

this is me standing. I think I need a taller Zimmer frame......

this is how much I have lengthened. I have lengthened approximately a itch the coin is a 5p ( united kingdom coin )

To answer the question of my wingspan I quickly measured it today so I have a wingspan or 157 cm approximately.

and to answer 6ftby2014 questions. No I didn't get any additional pain because my knee were if different positions.

So finally how am I doing at the moment If any of you are wondering? Cheesy Well I could be better. My hip is constantly aching because I cant sit in a comfortable position because of the combination of the Illizarov and the ISKD I have in my thigh _ dam you! and I have decided to half my lengthening to half a millimetre for about 2-4 days (havnt made my mind up yet) just so my muscles and nerves can have a little break as I can definitely feel the cramp and other aches starting up on my calf and shin.

Hope your all well and to all the other patients on there journey I wish you good luck Smiley more questions welcome Cheesy gives me something to do haha
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2013, 10:23:44 PM »

Hi guys just to bring you all up on a few things and to answer 1 or 2 questions

this is me standing. I think I need a taller Zimmer frame......

this is how much I have lengthened. I have lengthened approximately a itch the coin is a 5p ( united kingdom coin )

To answer the question of my wingspan I quickly measured it today so I have a wingspan or 157 cm approximately.

and to answer 6ftby2014 questions. No I didn't get any additional pain because my knee were if different positions.

So finally how am I doing at the moment If any of you are wondering? Cheesy Well I could be better. My hip is constantly aching because I cant sit in a comfortable position because of the combination of the Illizarov and the ISKD I have in my thigh _ dam you! and I have decided to half my lengthening to half a millimetre for about 2-4 days (havnt made my mind up yet) just so my muscles and nerves can have a little break as I can definitely feel the cramp and other aches starting up on my calf and shin.

Hope your all well and to all the other patients on there journey I wish you good luck Smiley more questions welcome Cheesy gives me something to do haha

You look like you are getting some hyper-lordosis. How did you get an ISKD installed in your thigh? They have been on recall for almost two years.
blackbear
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 95

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2013, 11:25:29 PM »

Hi sysop I had the first part of my operation on the 4th February 2010 I think so ive had the ISKD in more than 2 years... as for my back its always been like that... come to think of it my sisters back is much worse!!!! might be something to do with my osteogenisis imperfect *shrugs* I was told I might have osteopenia of the spine too a long time ago when I was a teen.

but do you think I should mention my back to my physio therapist or doctor? if you think it is of concern?
theuprising
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2013, 07:53:12 AM »

So you have 157cm wingspan with a final height of approx 176cm.

I'm currently posting in the proprtions area and from what
I can understand max to go over your wingspan is 5-7cm.

As you will be nearly 20cm over your wingspan will you be
having arm lengthening surgery as well?
blackbear
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 95

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2013, 01:08:07 PM »

So you have 157cm wingspan with a final height of approx 176cm.

I'm currently posting in the proprtions area and from what
I can understand max to go over your wingspan is 5-7cm.

As you will be nearly 20cm over your wingspan will you be
having arm lengthening surgery as well?

157 cm is almost 5.2 feet which about  my original height (was 5.2 and a half). by rights in total I will be 14 cm taller end height approx. 5.7-5.8. so my wing span is only going to be of by approx. 14cm not 20. and even if it was off by 20cm I would not have arm lengthening. this whole thing has taken too much of my life up.
blackbear
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 95

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2013, 03:10:22 PM »

Hi guys just thought I would let you all know how I am doing. I feel like I am doing well and all my pin sites look very well.
Last Tuesday I had x-rays which showed good alignment and some spicules of consolidation. according to My LRS fixator when I use a tape measure I am at around 5.5cm so I have another 1.5 cm to go....

Pain wise my bone don't really hurt its just the constant muscle tension in my left calf muscle. In fact its starting to cramp and hurt abit so I have got some muscle relaxers to help with that. as for flexion I have got a bit of a foot drop on my left leg which isn't too bad when I have warmed up and done some physiotherapy. I suspect I will be able to bring my foot back to full flexion once I stop lengthening as this happened the first time.

as for my right leg with the LRS system I have about 20 per cent degree of flexion which isn't too good but again I suspect once I stop lengthening I will stop fighting against the wave and start regaining flexibility.

anyway guys I have a few extra pictures of the LRS moving along but nothing much else because all I am doing is standing at home every day for a good few minutes and doing stretches while in bed. When I go to physiotherapy on Tuesdays I walk around on a Zimmer frame after a good warm up.

Any questions are welcome but Nothing much has changed. catch you all later Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.