MMT Community
October 22, 2017, 04:42:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Make Me Taller is the world's leading discussion forum for Leg Lengthening - this is a professionally-run site and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening. Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blackbear - External Tibia / Internal Femur - Doctor Withheld - 2013 - Part 2 Commence!  (Read 44788 times)
Sweden
Current recovery level: 82% and improving.
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

LL Fighter, prophet, expert, adviser, hero, LEGEND

« Reply #160 on: August 03, 2014, 09:56:30 PM »

Nice video. If you keep using it every day you'll be fine!

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
blackbear
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 95

« Reply #161 on: August 09, 2014, 02:49:43 PM »

Updates guys.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx13Ynqp5_s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx13Ynqp5_s</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khxqE2h4y1o" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khxqE2h4y1o</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sn-zd-0vd4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sn-zd-0vd4</a>

FRAMES ARE OFF!
Rgkey
LL Patient
MMT Adviser

Credibility 129

If you go through hell, don't stop, keep walking

« Reply #162 on: August 12, 2014, 02:02:17 PM »

CONGRATS MAN!!! YOU DID IT,, but im afraid about your bowed leg and the other seems a little x-ish maybe not. but just be careful until the bone is completely consolidated. I would hate you to go for another surgery like me for correction. I hope not, but just be careful dude. much love and congrats!!!!! I want to see proportion and standing ap pictures please!!!!!! im considering femurs and it would really help me to see!! please BB!!))

Original height. 163.5cms
Current height.  172.5cms
Operation on 6/4/13
blackbear
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 95

« Reply #163 on: August 14, 2014, 04:47:08 PM »

Ok ill do all that for you rg Smiley just when I am allowed to stand on my feet again as ive been told to stay off them for abit till my next consultation which is tomorrow. My left leg is perfect in my opinion but yea my right leg Im gona keep a eye on. it is bowed and at least 1.5 cm shorter and I hate the monorail for it but also think my doc didn't monitor it well enough.
blackbear
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 95

« Reply #164 on: September 09, 2014, 08:39:23 PM »

Hey guys first of all sorry for the lack of pics and video's I have been recording them but just watch them myself and think wtf? I don't want peeps to see me like that.

So basically guys I saw the doctor and my no 1 priority is to get my knee bending again. which I've had slight progress with. Then! after that their going to fix and lengthen my femur as I am not happy with it. walking and standing just feels fucked! and you can proper see the bowing.

Other than that my cardio and stamina is coming back as I can do 12 minutes on the treadmill easy and as for my weight lifting I am seeing result as my body is looking better everyday. I still weight 11.6 stone though (162 lbs) but I do have a lot of muscle under the wheelchair fat I gained.

As for well the girl. She became skittish as I showed a little interest to the point I couldn't tell her I found her attractive in person which wasn't my problem she just was skittish. So the other day my friend drunk text-ed her and well she knows now ha ha. Not like I want a relationship or anything more I mean I am not ready for any of that shizzle yet. Just wanted to get it off my chest. The sad thing is I've been single for 4 years partly by choice party because of my LL journey and even then I just don't make that effort for a girl Very often so, Shes missing out. Yes... I am picky but funnily enough I don't really have a type :s just a few preferences which I find I drop for a good personality.

Ah well rant over, To summarize though I am improving but still need my right leg fixing. But I am OK guys. When I actually feel like I am worth showing off I start putting some pics and videos up again I promise. Peace out Blackbear Cheesy
blackbear
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 95

« Reply #165 on: December 05, 2014, 10:41:29 PM »

VIDEOS INBOUND! dont point fun at my sex sounds!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVIZ4BJIdWA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVIZ4BJIdWA</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVTX3vKLaA8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVTX3vKLaA8</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0hsA_CJwLE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0hsA_CJwLE</a>

And my pic of my bowed ass leg! F*ck you doctor you better agree to fixing it in january

ask for exercises and I will try and do them on video guys. my legs are still weak and a lil f*cked but I will try either if my form is off..... like the dead lifts were poor I know! dont point fun at my sex sounds guys.... i was pushing it and trying!
Sweden
Current recovery level: 82% and improving.
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

LL Fighter, prophet, expert, adviser, hero, LEGEND

« Reply #166 on: December 06, 2014, 01:03:11 AM »

You look alright. Femurs look a little bit off the chart but that's just bc we know what to look for. Any regular person out there don't study proportions like we do.

Try to start looking for a better diet than you are on right now.
Study what different food does to your body. Go to bodybuilding.com and start reading.

Sorry for your bowed leg. I hope it can be fixed.

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
Joe2000
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #167 on: December 06, 2014, 11:54:21 AM »

hey blackbear ,

Im glad to see youre doing ok. You need to work on the form of the deadlift. BTW whats your sitting height?
Rgkey
LL Patient
MMT Adviser

Credibility 129

If you go through hell, don't stop, keep walking

« Reply #168 on: December 07, 2014, 02:34:34 PM »

nice man!!

you are the fu..king man)))

btw, now we look like brothers hahaha with our bowed legs  Tongue

also, proportion wise, you look great man! i cant wait to see you ripped and tall, im excited for you

Original height. 163.5cms
Current height.  172.5cms
Operation on 6/4/13
blackbear
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 95

« Reply #169 on: January 17, 2015, 04:08:23 PM »

Thanks for the encouragement rgkey. anyways guys new update is Ive been put on the Waiting list for surgery to fix my bow. Apparently they are going to plate it back to normal with a plate whats shaped like a normal femur. So I am having osteotomy with a plate.

He said that I may gain or loose length but either way if I struggle with the leg length discrepancy that will mean another op to lengthen more after the alignment is fixed.

peace out guys. Ill do some vids soon in the future.
srimech123
MMT Member

Credibility 6

Hi, nice to meet you!

« Reply #170 on: January 17, 2015, 07:32:00 PM »

Good to hear things are going well Blackbear! When abounce might you get your bowed leg fixed, in terms of the date?

173cm (5'8") tall at the moment, hoping to be at least 180cm (5'11") tall quite soon (or 6'1" at most).   Saving money for my first LL surgery!
blackbear
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 95

« Reply #171 on: January 17, 2015, 11:54:03 PM »

waiting list is 5 week + but im expecting 5 weeks to 9 weeks sigh. Its the NHS unfortunately but it is free.
srimech123
MMT Member

Credibility 6

Hi, nice to meet you!

« Reply #172 on: January 18, 2015, 05:39:16 AM »

waiting list is 5 week + but im expecting 5 weeks to 9 weeks sigh. Its the NHS unfortunately but it is free.

That's not too long. It takes longer to wait for a driving test :p

173cm (5'8") tall at the moment, hoping to be at least 180cm (5'11") tall quite soon (or 6'1" at most).   Saving money for my first LL surgery!
blackbear
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 95

« Reply #173 on: May 23, 2015, 08:25:40 PM »

Right guys! So heres the update. I decided to postpone my operation and get a 2nd opinion. Got an appointment on the 9th of june for it.

After that I might go back on the waiting list at my hospital or try the other one I am getting the 2nd opinion at.

Peace out guys, as per usual questions are welcome
blackbear
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 95

« Reply #174 on: July 12, 2015, 07:14:09 PM »

Ok I was seen in london on the 9th. That doctor went through everything with me and doesn't blame me for losing faith in my doctor. He went through all my options but think I'd be better off going to a closer doctor who he thinks would better suit me and its just as experienced if not more. So now I've got an appointment to go to Liverpool on the 17th of august to finally make a decision on what i must do and start rolling forward. as this waiting is just eating my life away.

finally heres a video of how i currently look and walk.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiLGfpXD2C8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiLGfpXD2C8</a>
blackbear
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 95

« Reply #175 on: August 20, 2015, 09:38:12 PM »

Ok so latest news is! I went to liverpool for my 3rd opinion. We discussed my problems and my aims and what I want to be able to do in the future. Which is at least jog again! do weight lifting and become a physiotherapist.

So based on my problems and my aims my new doctor has said I will need all four segments of my legs correcting as there is alignment issues in all of them :s and I might even need a quadriplasty on my right leg.

Hes promised to get me right as mechanically I am out of wack and struggleing. as long as I have the will and determination to get through it all.

peace out all.
blackbear
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 95

« Reply #176 on: October 13, 2015, 12:19:08 AM »

Hey guys. Random I know but I don't think I explained a crucial part of my life and what probably makes me distictivly different to most LL patients. Which is my Osteogenisis Imperfecta aka brittle bone disease aka OI

Osteogenesis imperfecta (OI) is a genetic disorder characterized by bones that break easily, often from little or no apparent cause. A classification system of different types of OI is commonly used to help describe how severely a person with OI is affected. For example, a person may have just a few or as many as several hundred fractures in a lifetime.

Now Just thought I'd give you some information on my disease which affected me a hell of a lot pre puberty. First of all my type is type IV/4 Osteogenisis Imperfecta.

HERE WE GO

Type IV/4 Osteogenisis Imperfecta:

People with OI Type IV are moderately affected. Type IV can range in severity from relatively few fractures, as in OI Type I, to a more severe form resembling OI Type III.

The diagnosis can be made at birth but often occurs later.

The child might not fracture until he or she is walking.

Bones fracture easily. Most fractures occur before puberty.

Barrel-shaped rib cage.

Triangular face.

Hearing loss possible.

People with OI Type IV have moderate-to-severe growth retardation, which is one factor that distinguishes them clinically from people with Type I.

Bowing of the long bones is common, but to a lesser extent than in Type III.

The sclerae are often light blue in infancy, but the color intensity varies. The sclerae may lighten to white later in childhood or early adulthood.

The child’s height may be less-than-average for his or her age.

It is common for the humerus and femur to be short

Long bone fractures, vertebral compression, scoliosis, and ligament laxity may also be present.

Dentinogenesis imperfecta may be present or absent.

OI Type IV has an autosomal dominant pattern of inheritance. Many cases are the result of a new mutation.

This type is characterized by structurally defective type I collagen. This poor quality type I collagen is present in reduced amounts in the bone matrix.

Significant care issues that arise with OI Type IV include the need to prevent fracture cycles; the appropriate timing of rodding surgery; scoliosis monitoring; the need to develop strategies for coping with short stature and fatigue; the family’s need for emotional support, especially during infancy; and the off-label use of bisphosphonates.
Family members should carry documentation of the OI diagnosis to avoid accusations of child abuse at emergency rooms.

It is also important to address difficulties with social integration, participation in leisure activities, and maintaining stamina.

The treatment plan should maximize mobility and function, increase peak bone mass and muscle strength, and employ as much exercise and physical activity as possible.

Now guys as for how I deal with this and maximize my bone density is...... Weight lifting and 20,000 ui of vitamin D a week.... heavy dosage but keeps the bones strong! peace out guys oh and this if you haven't realised was why I was short in the first place and had a lot to do with why I got LL.

As for how I'm doing still waiting for an pre op appointment. I think I might need to poke the doctors secretary soon though as I am getting a little pissed. Peace out guys and good luck and think! be smart!

and my lifetime non-surgical breaks are around 23 + maybe a few I may of ignored and never went hospital for.... I mean I am a man after all right?

prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 36

« Reply #177 on: October 13, 2015, 02:24:35 PM »

Hey guys. Random I know but I don't think I explained a crucial part of my life and what probably makes me distictivly different to most LL patients. Which is my Osteogenisis Imperfecta aka brittle bone disease aka OI

Osteogenesis imperfecta (OI) is a genetic disorder characterized by bones that break easily, often from little or no apparent cause. A classification system of different types of OI is commonly used to help describe how severely a person with OI is affected. For example, a person may have just a few or as many as several hundred fractures in a lifetime.

Now Just thought I'd give you some information on my disease which affected me a hell of a lot pre puberty. First of all my type is type IV/4 Osteogenisis Imperfecta.

HERE WE GO

Type IV/4 Osteogenisis Imperfecta:

People with OI Type IV are moderately affected. Type IV can range in severity from relatively few fractures, as in OI Type I, to a more severe form resembling OI Type III.

The diagnosis can be made at birth but often occurs later.

The child might not fracture until he or she is walking.

Bones fracture easily. Most fractures occur before puberty.

Barrel-shaped rib cage.

Triangular face.

Hearing loss possible.

People with OI Type IV have moderate-to-severe growth retardation, which is one factor that distinguishes them clinically from people with Type I.

Bowing of the long bones is common, but to a lesser extent than in Type III.

The sclerae are often light blue in infancy, but the color intensity varies. The sclerae may lighten to white later in childhood or early adulthood.

The child’s height may be less-than-average for his or her age.

It is common for the humerus and femur to be short

Long bone fractures, vertebral compression, scoliosis, and ligament laxity may also be present.

Dentinogenesis imperfecta may be present or absent.

OI Type IV has an autosomal dominant pattern of inheritance. Many cases are the result of a new mutation.

This type is characterized by structurally defective type I collagen. This poor quality type I collagen is present in reduced amounts in the bone matrix.

Significant care issues that arise with OI Type IV include the need to prevent fracture cycles; the appropriate timing of rodding surgery; scoliosis monitoring; the need to develop strategies for coping with short stature and fatigue; the family’s need for emotional support, especially during infancy; and the off-label use of bisphosphonates.
Family members should carry documentation of the OI diagnosis to avoid accusations of child abuse at emergency rooms.

It is also important to address difficulties with social integration, participation in leisure activities, and maintaining stamina.

The treatment plan should maximize mobility and function, increase peak bone mass and muscle strength, and employ as much exercise and physical activity as possible.

Now guys as for how I deal with this and maximize my bone density is...... Weight lifting and 20,000 ui of vitamin D a week.... heavy dosage but keeps the bones strong! peace out guys oh and this if you haven't realised was why I was short in the first place and had a lot to do with why I got LL.

As for how I'm doing still waiting for an pre op appointment. I think I might need to poke the doctors secretary soon though as I am getting a little pissed. Peace out guys and good luck and think! be smart!

and my lifetime non-surgical breaks are around 23 + maybe a few I may of ignored and never went hospital for.... I mean I am a man after all right?

Hey I am really sorry what you had to go through but one question: Did I understand correctly that you knew before that you had this bone disease/problem and you still wanted to do LL???

That does not sound reasonable to me...

But good luck man!

Starting height: 163.5 cm
Lengthened: 8 cm
Current height: 171.5 cm
blackbear
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 95

« Reply #178 on: October 13, 2015, 11:17:12 PM »

well all of my breaks before LL was pre-puberty. I have regular bone density checks and since I take vitamin D supplements and exercise. Because of wolfs law https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolff%27s_law My bones are a hell of a lot denser than before. If not abnormally dense in some area's according to the doctor. This is why I stepped forward for this surgery and was allowed to do so.
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #179 on: April 28, 2016, 12:35:43 AM »

Blackbear

Hi im from Scotland i emailed you regarding trying to get in touch with the doctor who was willing to perform this surgery for you.

If you could could you please contact me with details?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.