MMT Community
December 13, 2018, 03:40:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the new photos in the Proportions section, which include photos and videos of a lady who lengthened by a full 12cm walking and stretching, and a guy who did 8.8cm taking his first steps! Shocked Click Here!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Member Class - "Certified Members"  (Read 34820 times)
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« on: September 28, 2013, 12:44:21 PM »

Some members of this board have been abusing PMs and spamming and trolling other members of the site. Because of this I am shutting down the functionality of normal members being able to send PMs for the time being. Only LL Veterans, LL Patients, LL Heros LL Legends and Certified Members will be able to send PMs. If you want to become a certified member, you have to send me an email and I will have an approval process for becoming a certified member.
Sweden
Current recovery level: 82% and improving.
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

LL Fighter, prophet, expert, adviser, hero, LEGEND

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 01:30:20 PM »

So when will I be the hero on the white horse?  Grin
I mean, I survived the war with a doctor which we can't speak about, that MUST have been terrible a la Ivan1989....

Jokes aside now(even though it's Saturday) but I'm not a patient anymore  Wink

Good decision!

Edit: And answer my PM. It's not spamming......

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
crazy+6
LL Warrior
MMT Expert

Credibility 273

U HAVE ONLY ONE LIFE TO DO ALL THE THINGS U WANT

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 01:33:21 PM »

I can say Sweden is LL Hero now despite of the fact that he didnt answered my PM yet...LMAO ! Wink

YES !! I did it - Journey of becoming tall - From 5'4" to 5'11" in India

Current status:- Struggling to get my normal life back.

"Hope is a good thing, May be the best of thing, and no good things ever dies"
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 02:30:44 PM »

So when will I be the hero on the white horse?  Grin
I mean, I survived the war with a doctor which we can't speak about, that MUST have been terrible a la Ivan1989....

Jokes aside now(even though it's Saturday) but I'm not a patient anymore  Wink

Good decision!

Edit: And answer my PM. It's not spamming......

Are you an LL Veteran now or do you want to wait to be one after you have defeated ballerina foot? It's really up to you. You let me know. Smiley
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 03:59:55 PM »

I've started changing members that I know and can trust into "Certified Members". If you think you deserve this classification, let me know. I'm mostly only giving it to people who have proven to me by their actions in the past that they are a friend of this forum. Smiley
Artificial Growth
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 04:51:20 PM »

hey new guy here.  might I add some suggestions.  should there be like specific criteria to be listed under certified member, for example post counts or credibility rating.  Theres so many reliable members and future LLers who would want to be a Certified Member but havent gained your trust.  I'm only sayong this because theres one of SysOp and thousands of members.  but I do like the restriction of PMs because of its abuse.
alchi22
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 4

+10 cm femurs with Betzbone

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 06:04:04 PM »

Hi SysOp,
I discovered that PMs don't work for me either. It's the same at OldieButGoldie. Maybe there's a bug in the new settings? Anyway I'd like to reclaim that right, I'm waiting for an important answer from an other patient.

Btw, I have an idea for improvement: in the meanwhile there's so much discussion going on in the forum and there are so many posts per day that it's hard to follow everything. The 'recent posts list' on the home page just shows the last 10 posts. Could you extend this list? Otherwise if you don't check the forum several times a day you might miss new discussions, e.g. without that list I would probably never have discovered the discussion about Osgood-Schlatter, which is important in my eyes.

Thanks
Alchi
nsd_second
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 06:34:25 PM »

Sysop, I think this is a very bad decision. Just today, I recieved a PM from someone asking me what I think about the competing LL forum. I was protecting MMT and explaining how much I think MMT has priceless information and resources from all the years people wrote meterial here, and how much these little controversy about Sarin is such a small and unimportant manner that will probably be forgotten soon.

PM's served me greatly as a prospective LL patient throughout the years, as they gave me an option to get in conversation that included personal information and create great relationships with other patients, leading to actual meetings.

I think that if a usefull functunality of the forum is being shut down because some people use it to advertise other forums or manipulate, then you let them win. Most of the people here believe that this site is a good site with good people, and I think that if we believe in this community then it's better to put a sticky that says that advertising (including other sites) is not allowed in PM's and that everyone should report it so you can ban the once who break the rules. If you believe this site is good, then you shouldn't be afraid of competing websites that can also easily put up a Google Adward campaign and show up on top when people are trying to search for MMT.

I think that it's the members who were willing to contribute information that made this site so good in my eyes. People like Tall and others answered my pm's many times and shutting down PM's to me is shutting them down too...

Just my 2 cents.
PDenmark
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 06:56:46 PM »

Sysop, I think this is a very bad decision. Just today, I recieved a PM from someone asking me what I think about the competing LL forum. I was protecting MMT and explaining how much I think MMT has priceless information and resources from all the years people wrote meterial here, and how much these little controversy about my doctor is such a small and unimportant manner that will probably be forgotten soon.

PM's served me greatly as a prospective LL patient throughout the years, as they gave me an option to get in conversation that included personal information and create great relationships with other patients, leading to actual meetings.

I think that if a usefull functunality of the forum is being shut down because some people use it to advertise other forums or manipulate, then you let them win. Most of the people here believe that this site is a good site with good people, and I think that if we believe in this community then it's better to put a sticky that says that advertising (including other sites) is not allowed in PM's and that everyone should report it so you can ban the once who break the rules. If you believe this site is good, then you shouldn't be afraid of competing websites that can also easily put up a Google Adward campaign and show up on top when people are trying to search for MMT.

I think that it's the members who were willing to contribute information that made this site so good in my eyes. People like Tall and others answered my pm's many times and shutting down PM's to me is shutting them down too...

Just my 2 cents.

Great comment - I totally agree!

Just started PM's with two members and put an effort into writing a great message. I was excited to continue that conversation..
Now I (and a lot of other members) can forget about that, and that's disappointing and such s shame..
-Unless i can be accepted as MMT Patient (current Betz pt, 7,2cm today) and/or Certified Member? --> which I hereby apply for! ;-)

Don't let that stupid guy behind that other stupid website win over all the good members on MMT. This site is so good anyways and have SOO much great content. They don't have a chance to compete with MMT - This whole farce will soon be forgotten I think!

-All the best, Peter
devon
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 07:44:15 PM »

Sysop, I think this is a very bad decision. Just today, I recieved a PM from someone asking me what I think about the competing LL forum. I was protecting MMT and explaining how much I think MMT has priceless information and resources from all the years people wrote meterial here, and how much these little controversy about my doctor is such a small and unimportant manner that will probably be forgotten soon.

Just my 2 cents.

I sincerely agree.  My experiences on this forum have been very similar as described by nsd.  It just won't be the same.  I hope the loss of PM functionality is very temporary.
Widgetsking66
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2013, 07:54:08 PM »

SysOp,

They are clones!!!!! Just ignore them and they will go down on their own!!!

You should think many of your action through, because many of their actions and any successes is purely based on getting a reaction from you or your supporters. I worked for many political campaigns for several years (3 presidential elections, 6 senates and countless state and locals). From experience I will tell you that every controversy will come to pass with time and I believe that you actions is pro-longing it and it’s giving these fools legs.

You should look at them as competition and crush by improving MMT and with time this will their site every must leave them lagging behind. Look they are doing this because you made a judgment by removing the Indian Doctor off the list and they revolted. You know well that most people here do not and will not go to India or to that doctor regardless of their action. But yet your reaction based on their actions is to restrict people here that don’t even listen to them and that action will inevitably force people to go to their half ass incomplete web-site.  If you keep restricting people newbie’s will visit that stupid site and vets will mostly limit their visits here.  

Trust me; ignore them and quietly silent them by offering better option and better doctors’ pack (like the guest house you plan on working with Dr. Lee in South Korea. (Also look into Dr Jamal)). These fools will go quiet after repeating the same old shi* over and over. Make this forum free and these fools will lose. THAT’S HOW WE CRUSHED THE SOVIETS AND PUSHED RED COMMUNIST CHINA TO TURN.

IF Y’ALL AGREE GIVE ME A NODE!!!!!!!
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2013, 08:02:55 PM »

You guys have all been upgraded to Certified Members and
Should have access to PMs again. Let me know if you don't.

I think this might be a welcome change to the forum long term. Certified Members will get access to all of the archived diaries that I don't want accessible to just anyone.
Artificial Growth
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2013, 08:36:34 PM »

I only see a problem in this that new guys such as myself as well as many others, are here for the sole purpose of obtaining good information which will further benefit our LL journey.  For that to do so, I feel that PMs are a necessity and all of these trolls that have been spamming have really messed it up for new members.  There are many questions I want to ask LL patients that are "private" but I feel that it cannot happen until I put my "time" in here. 
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2013, 09:28:24 PM »

I only see a problem in this that new guys such as myself as well as many others, are here for the sole purpose of obtaining good information which will further benefit our LL journey.  For that to do so, I feel that PMs are a necessity and all of these trolls that have been spamming have really messed it up for new members.  There are many questions I want to ask LL patients that are "private" but I feel that it cannot happen until I put my "time" in here.  

Most of those questions have been answered in the diaries, FAQs or already asked by someone else in a question thread. I've always had a problem with questions being asked via PM because then the answer given doesn't benefit anyone else. Questions should be asked in the questions threads. Maybe this will be more good than I know.

Also, the permissions have now been properly fixed. You should be able to get PMs now.
Sox
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2013, 11:40:20 PM »

I'm not very excited by this. I hardly ever used the messaging system, but the fact that its being taken away doesn't seem productive to me. But you're the boss I guess, do whatever makes you happier.
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2013, 11:56:26 PM »

I'm not very excited by this. I hardly ever used the messaging system, but the fact that its being taken away doesn't seem productive to me. But you're the boss I guess, do whatever makes you happier.

If it is really important to you and I can verify you aren't one of the spammers I can upgrade you so you can PM. I was thinking of doing this temporarily until the spammers site gets shut down by their hosting company for breaking a number of anti-spam laws / rules but I really think it might be better in the long run.

I'm really not trying to inconvenience anyone. I want to cut off the spammers and I want people to be asking their questions openly on this forum. Maybe I need to do another set of FAQs for questions that have come up more than once on the forum.
Sox
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2013, 12:19:47 AM »

I suppose it isnt all that important to me personally although I preferred having the option in case I wanted to exchange skype information or something more personal with someone. It just seems like a step in the wrong direction to me is all. But Im not really sure what you've had to deal with running the forum so Im not trying to blame you or anything. It just feels like Im getting a new phone with less features. Its a little harder to navigate nowadays, although I've never really loved forum format. This is the first forum I've joined so the format just in general is hard for me to navigate. Some topics get lost in time, Some topics are never replied to. I used to like looking at the online now to see what other users were looking at, to look at relevant topics and thats gone. Sysop I hope you find a way to bring the harmonious spirit back to the site despite the criticism and just keep moving forward man . take care
Sox
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2013, 12:22:01 AM »

by harmonious I meant peaceful.  Roll Eyes
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2013, 12:24:54 AM »

I'm going to try to bring most of that back. Some of it I turned off by accident. Lol.
Infinity88
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 16

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2013, 12:44:17 AM »

Sysop,

I really do not wanted to  get into this but for some of us old members (member since 2009) it is just tragic that after being on forum for so long one has to prove that he/she is are not a troll to have access to the basic functions of forum.

Just my 2 cents.

Inf.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.