MMT Community
July 22, 2018, 11:04:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: MMTA has written a book about about his LL journey.  Click here to buy it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Microfractures and Ankle Weights  (Read 35441 times)
macaryl95
MMT Member

Credibility 0

You miss every shot you don't take

« on: September 30, 2013, 06:13:37 PM »

I have been planning out a project of mine for a couple months.  After much time spent reading up on the many different ways to increase height, and after seeing the many ways mentioned on this website alone accompanied by the high levels of skepticism, I think we need something new to believe in.  I have focused on two specific methods, which are microfractures (usually caused from sports and activities such as sprinting) and wearing ankle weights while your legs dangle from the edge of a high place, for instance your bed.  The logic behind my reasoning is that running will cause those tiny breaks in your legs, and you now have potential for height gain but if you do nothing to stimulate growth then you gain no height.  This is where ankle weights come in, they stretch the cartilage in the knees and after about an hour or so of dangling, you take them off and go straight to bed.  Standing up again would render the work a waste, and cause your legs to compress the stretched cartilage.  Considering you heal the fastest in your sleep, it would be apparent that the bones would have completely healed over once you awaken and you should have been able to gain an unnoticeable amount of height.  But then you keep doing this everyday, for six days a week.  Then you should notice a difference.  I have followed my project and am currently in the second week of my conditioning phase (because I am not used to exercise right now) and I have already noticed an 1/8th inch height gain.  I know what you're thinking "but what about spinal decompression. " Well I measure myself everyday, and I know my exact height in both the morning and at night.  My height has stayed the exact same for a couple of years, until now.  This 1/8th extra inch certainly shows no matter what time of the day it is.  I haven't even began the actual training, which would be me striving for a thirty minute sprint each day.  How do I know it's not just a coincidence? I am already taller than both of my parents, so I am pretty sure this is all my doing.  I have also tried many other methods that certainly have not worked.  It's hard to dismiss success, no matter how small it may be.  So for those of you with skepticism, just keep in mind the words of Einstein, "I have not failed, I have just found 10000 ways that don't work. " For those of you who wish to gain only a few inches through leg lengthening, then perhaps this could save you from the hardship of the real thing.  This is meant to imitate leg lengthening surgery, but not to replace it entirely.  I realize this community may be used to fake scams with quotes such as "gain 1-4 inches in just a couple months" so this is why I have offered something alternative to the drawing board.  You have nothing to lose, no scams, no pills, just you trying to take control over your own body.  If all else fails, then the most you will lose is extra body fat.  I am not condoning this be tried by anyone else, I am simply throwing the idea out there.  I will give this project a few months and keep everyone up to date on my progress.  It's up to each of you to choose to believe in this and follow it, or to instead mold your own path. 
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 06:31:56 PM »

I have been planning out a project of mine for a couple months.  After much time spent reading up on the many different ways to increase height, and after seeing the many ways mentioned on this website alone accompanied by the high levels of skepticism, I think we need something new to believe in.  I have focused on two specific methods, which are microfractures (usually caused from sports and activities such as sprinting) and wearing ankle weights while your legs dangle from the edge of a high place, for instance your bed.  The logic behind my reasoning is that running will cause those tiny breaks in your legs, and you now have potential for height gain but if you do nothing to stimulate growth then you gain no height.  This is where ankle weights come in, they stretch the cartilage in the knees and after about an hour or so of dangling, you take them off and go straight to bed.  Standing up again would render the work a waste, and cause your legs to compress the stretched cartilage.  Considering you heal the fastest in your sleep, it would be apparent that the bones would have completely healed over once you awaken and you should have been able to gain an unnoticeable amount of height.  But then you keep doing this everyday, for six days a week.  Then you should notice a difference.  I have followed my project and am currently in the second week of my conditioning phase (because I am not used to exercise right now) and I have already noticed an 1/8th inch height gain.  I know what you're thinking "but what about spinal decompression. " Well I measure myself everyday, and I know my exact height in both the morning and at night.  My height has stayed the exact same for a couple of years, until now.  This 1/8th extra inch certainly shows no matter what time of the day it is.  I haven't even began the actual training, which would be me striving for a thirty minute sprint each day.  How do I know it's not just a coincidence? I am already taller than both of my parents, so I am pretty sure this is all my doing.  I have also tried many other methods that certainly have not worked.  It's hard to dismiss success, no matter how small it may be.  So for those of you with skepticism, just keep in mind the words of Einstein, "I have not failed, I have just found 10000 ways that don't work. " For those of you who wish to gain only a few inches through leg lengthening, then perhaps this could save you from the hardship of the real thing.  This is meant to imitate leg lengthening surgery, but not to replace it entirely.  I realize this community may be used to fake scams with quotes such as "gain 1-4 inches in just a couple months" so this is why I have offered something alternative to the drawing board.  You have nothing to lose, no scams, no pills, just you trying to take control over your own body.  If all else fails, then the most you will lose is extra body fat.  I am not condoning this be tried by anyone else, I am simply throwing the idea out there.  I will give this project a few months and keep everyone up to date on my progress.  It's up to each of you to choose to believe in this and follow it, or to instead mold your own path. 

Jesus Christ, seriously? This has been debunked as a fraud over and over again. Have you read anything on this site? Are you sure you aren't a troll? SMH.
macaryl95
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 06:42:38 PM »

It intrigues me that you deem anything short of surgery as "could not possibly work. " I am certainly not a troll, height gain is a serious issue for me and it's something I don't joke about.  All I've talked about was a theorem I came up with, and my generosity in offering results. 
6ftby2014
MMT Expert

Credibility 38

Current height 171.5cm (5'7.5")

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 07:01:38 PM »

There was a guy with a company a while back who proposed this as a viable option and offered to do it for free to some people as test subjects. When he was confronted by a few who wanted to be his test subjects, he back peddled immediately and would not return emails. LL is the only real way to gain height in adults. Maybe some day in the future, there will be a pill but for now we have to do it the hard way.

" Whatever you want, you shall have. Whatever you search for, you shall find ".
macaryl95
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 07:07:17 PM »

Well that was his problem, he didn't stick to his guns.  I plan on doing this no matter how long it takes, no matter how many people laugh at me even fellow leg lengtheners.  I have a dream and I want to make it reality.  I am not saying all you experts are wrong, I just know the biggest mistake with stuff like this is a lack of consistency and repetition.  This has been hell on my legs, but I am determined.  If I do find this to be successful, I could change the opinions of skeptics all over the world.  so all in all, I still think this is a way to gain height the hard way.  I have actually had trouble walking because I'm not used to this method yet.  Anyone who believes in pills clearly has their head in the clouds. 
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 08:35:08 PM »

Well that was his problem, he didn't stick to his guns.  I plan on doing this no matter how long it takes, no matter how many people laugh at me even fellow leg lengtheners.  I have a dream and I want to make it reality.  I am not saying all you experts are wrong, I just know the biggest mistake with stuff like this is a lack of consistency and repetition.  This has been hell on my legs, but I am determined.  If I do find this to be successful, I could change the opinions of skeptics all over the world.  so all in all, I still think this is a way to gain height the hard way.  I have actually had trouble walking because I'm not used to this method yet.  Anyone who believes in pills clearly has their head in the clouds. 

You will spend many months and much effort on being totally, utterly disappointed. Elective leg lengthening is the only real way to get taller once your bone plates have fused. I wish you luck, and I'll be here with a list of recommended doctors for leg lengthening when you come back. Smiley
6ftby2014
MMT Expert

Credibility 38

Current height 171.5cm (5'7.5")

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 09:05:19 PM »

Good luck.

" Whatever you want, you shall have. Whatever you search for, you shall find ".
macaryl95
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 10:15:08 PM »

You will spend many months and much effort on being totally, utterly disappointed. Elective leg lengthening is the only real way to get taller once your bone plates have fused. I wish you luck, and I'll be here with a list of recommended doctors for leg lengthening when you come back. Smiley

I have predicted that I should be able to gain up to 1/2 an inch on a monthly regimen. I am not saying I can gain 6 inches in a year, I'm not sure that is possible. But I have noticed results and I am supplying factual information. I most certainly believe a few inches is possible with much determination. I have also decided that right now, Dr. Paley will probably be my best bet anyways. I know you think I'm crazy but I'm still one of you regardless and I will still go through with surgery whether my plan fails or succeeds.
macaryl95
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 10:17:38 PM »

Good luck.

Thank you my good sir
alchi22
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 4

+10 cm femurs with Betzbone

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 11:20:49 PM »

Wish you good look, too. Some people have tried that with sprinting in combination with kicking into the air in direction of the floor (also with ankle weights) before they sat down for 1-2 hours with weights. But pay attention to your knees! If you feel pain, then stop. You need a healthy body when you decide do LL some day. In my opinion it's better to invest your time and energy in saving up money for the surgery, with which you can gain 10 cm of everlasting height, and in the end it's quite easy when compared to your method.
macaryl95
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 11:40:18 PM »

Wish you good look, too. Some people have tried that with sprinting in combination with kicking into the air in direction of the floor (also with ankle weights) before they sat down for 1-2 hours with weights. But pay attention to your knees! If you feel pain, then stop. You need a healthy body when you decide do LL some day. In my opinion it's better to invest your time and energy in saving up money for the surgery, with which you can gain 10 cm of everlasting height, and in the end it's quite easy when compared to your method.

I appreciate the support. I do realize that LL surgery is extremely easy, especially with today's technology. But I have far too much time on my hands. I have found no success with a job and I have taken a semester off before beginning college, so my money situation is terrible. The only pain I actually feel is within my feet, my knees are fine. I believe I just have constricted bloodflow.  Tongue
Sweden
Current recovery level: 82% and improving.
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

LL Fighter, prophet, expert, adviser, hero, LEGEND

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 01:28:34 AM »

Once the growth plates has fused there is NOTHING except LL that can make you taller. NOTHING! No matter how hard you believe it.

The micro fractures doesn't go through your entire bone either, it's just on the surface so the bone can build up and get thicker in order to withstand that amount of force you put it through.

Your Achilles' tendon can move a truck so you would need to hang thousands of pounds even if you break your bones with a hammer back home to lengthen them like that.

Don't waste your time doing that cra*. Use the time to study this surgery and read about all the things around it. It's going to take you some years to understand it anyway.

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
macaryl95
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2013, 04:02:45 AM »

I don't see how this cra* is irrelevant, if I am finding results. But you're right, I should focus all my energies on surgery I won't be able to have in a good amount of years.
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2013, 04:20:59 AM »

I don't see how this cra* is irrelevant, if I am finding results. But you're right, I should focus all my energies on surgery I won't be able to have in a good amount of years.

Why don't you spend all of the time you had planned to spend hanging upside down with weights on your ankles at a part time job where you can actually start saving for LL? You can waste six months of your life on this microfracture debacle or you can get started saving for LL now.
macaryl95
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2013, 06:06:38 AM »

Why don't you spend all of the time you had planned to spend hanging upside down with weights on your ankles at a part time job where you can actually start saving for LL? You can waste six months of your life on this microfracture debacle or you can get started saving for LL now.

What you think is a waste, I see as time well spent. Anything you do in life that amounts to your happiness at all would have its reasons for taking place. I personally feel I am making a difference. I don't take no for an answer. While you guys say to society "no, I am going to alter my height through surgery and you can't stop me" I say that and much more. I don't believe surgery is the only way, so excuse me for having different feelings about it all. I am Atheist, so would you call me stupid if you were a Christian? It's just a matter where people should agree to disagree. You don't know how hard I've tried to get a job. If it were up to me, I would have two jobs. Nothing is on my mind more than money. But nonetheless, I shall not steer from the fact that I am a minority in the community of leg lengthening and I will have many, many enemies. All I'm doing is speaking my mind, I thought that's what all of you have been doing. But I'm beginning to think you guys are more of a conglomerate which has very common beliefs, and attacks anything different. Isn't that how the general society works too?  Huh?
crazy+6
LL Warrior
MMT Expert

Credibility 273

U HAVE ONLY ONE LIFE TO DO ALL THE THINGS U WANT

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2013, 07:10:21 AM »

What you think is a waste, I see as time well spent. Anything you do in life that amounts to your happiness at all would have its reasons for taking place. I personally feel I am making a difference. I don't take no for an answer. While you guys say to society "no, I am going to alter my height through surgery and you can't stop me" I say that and much more. I don't believe surgery is the only way, so excuse me for having different feelings about it all. I am Atheist, so would you call me stupid if you were a Christian? It's just a matter where people should agree to disagree. You don't know how hard I've tried to get a job. If it were up to me, I would have two jobs. Nothing is on my mind more than money. But nonetheless, I shall not steer from the fact that I am a minority in the community of leg lengthening and I will have many, many enemies. All I'm doing is speaking my mind, I thought that's what all of you have been doing. But I'm beginning to think you guys are more of a conglomerate which has very common beliefs, and attacks anything different. Isn't that how the general society works too?  Huh?

Microfractures are not new and it has been tried earlier. In fact I have tried it 10 years back. It just give you tremendous pain nothing else. It has been reported in various websites before.

Good luck for your project.

God Bless
Crazy+6
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 03:32:31 PM by Dameon » Logged

YES !! I did it - Journey of becoming tall - From 5'4" to 5'11" in India

Current status:- Struggling to get my normal life back.

"Hope is a good thing, May be the best of thing, and no good things ever dies"
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2013, 02:52:36 PM »

I don't believe surgery is the only way, so excuse me for having different feelings about it all. I am Atheist, so would you call me stupid if you were a Christian? It's just a matter where people should agree to disagree. You don't know how hard I've tried to get a job. If it were up to me, I would have two jobs. Nothing is on my mind more than money. But nonetheless, I shall not steer from the fact that I am a minority in the community of leg lengthening and I will have many, many enemies.

It is a question of fact, not belief. You will not get taller with this microfracture nonsense. There is nothing more to it.  No one has called you stupid, we have said that you are misguided and that you will be wasting your time. You can choose to believe something false all you like, but at the end of the day you will not get taller unless you have elective leg lengthening surgery. You can believe your feelings and ignore the facts all you like, but at the end of the day when you do not get taller, all you will be left with is the facts that your feelings cannot override.
macaryl95
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2013, 04:35:27 PM »

It is a question of fact, not belief. You will not get taller with this microfracture nonsense. There is nothing more to it.  No one has called you stupid, we have said that you are misguided and that you will be wasting your time. You can choose to believe something false all you like, but at the end of the day you will not get taller unless you have elective leg lengthening surgery. You can believe your feelings and ignore the facts all you like, but at the end of the day when you do not get taller, all you will be left with is the facts that your feelings cannot override.

Like I said, it's not a waste if I enjoy it. Perhaps my growth plates still haven't fused and that's the reason I am finding results.  Perhaps you mean surgery is the only possible way to lengthen AFTER the fusing has occurred. You do know that there's young people on your website too right? People even younger than me too.
macaryl95
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2013, 04:39:42 PM »

Microfractures are not new and it has been tried earlier. In fact I have tried it 10 years back. It just give you tremendous pain nothing else. It has been reported in various websites before.
Good luck for your project.
God Bless
Crazy+6

I understand that your denial in my project stems from the fact that you were unable to find results. I am sorry to hear that. Did you ever try ankle weights? I don't think there could be any gain at all from just the microfractures. I understand the pain accompanied by this regimen, but as long as I can feel anything then I know everything is okay. Well.. Hopefully  Cheesy
Sweden
Current recovery level: 82% and improving.
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

LL Fighter, prophet, expert, adviser, hero, LEGEND

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2013, 05:20:35 PM »

I feel sorry for you. Either you are trolling or incredibly ignorant.

The only thing you ever possibly could feel is your tendons in your knees being stressed. There is no chance you can speed up the natural growth in your body by any stretching.

Be careful with your knees, you'll miss them so bad when they're gone.

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.