MMT Community
February 23, 2019, 11:32:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please spread the word and invite people from other Leg Lengthening forums to join us - this is a professionally-run forum and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening - all are welcome - there'll be no delays in signing-up either, unlike some other forums! Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Leechlet - Internal Femurs - Dr. Guichet - 2014 - My Femur Lengthening Journey  (Read 203421 times)
zeo
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 13

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2013, 04:05:21 PM »

This website was long overdue for another Dr. Guichet diary so thank you for starting one.

I can't wait to hear about your experience with Dr. G.
Keep us updated please

leechlet
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 195

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2013, 04:12:04 PM »

Alright people!

I know I said I'd post once a week or so, but here's another email from Dr. Guichet this morning in USA time, or night time in Milian.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BEGIN
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The training and surgery are now done in Italy for a simple reason: the Team quality is extremely high, including one of the rare World Excellence FIFA Center for Rehabilitation. When a team is able to manage multi-million footballers optimizing their outcome, you can be sure they will optimize your outcome without doing harm far better than standard physiotherapists. This quality was not achievable in Marseille where I practiced.

Potential gain can be evaluated only through clinical examination. According to what you want, we will set-up a program.

Yours sincerely,

Jean-Marc Guichet, MD, PhD, Doct. Sci.
SELARL du Docteur Jean-Marc Guichet
Centre Phocea, 14 Bd Ganay
13009 Marseille - France
Office: +33.491.777.547
Office (mobile): +33.664.163.890
Fax: +33.491.777.547
E-Mail: mbbsecretaire@gmail.com
Web: www.allongement-os-grandir.com
END

I cut out the paragraphs where he was discussing my personal stuffs, but that's his response to the change to Italy. Also, he have this new website attached to each of his email replies. I read it yesterday and it was basically a combination of his other two sites put together. Or have this site been up for a while? Maybe I am just behind on everything...  Roll Eyes

Finally, I told Dr. Guichet to view my photos from this thread. He must've done that and more, because he made one remark in his email that was very specific to what was said here. Nothing major, just some friendly advice he gave to me.  And he made no more spelling errors this time. I was LOLing for a while. Oh my gosh. haha  Grin

Well, that goes to show that what you put on the internet TRULY is out there.

P.S. I'd love to get some advice on stretching from Sweden. I tried hard, but I know I couldn't possibly cover all the angles. Please share your thoughts with me here or you can always email or skype me. I also await to skype with upinthesky to scaffold off his wisdom too.  Cheesy

"I feel that no matter what I choose to become, I believe that I can change the world. And as I am striving to change the world, I will be happy." -- Sam Berns

Gladiator2012
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2013, 04:49:10 PM »

Thank you for starting another diary for Dr. Guichet. Your diary already have lot of information. Looking forward for more info.
leechlet
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 195

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2013, 05:16:21 PM »

Okay people!

Time for a quick update. In the last weekend, I was busy filling out Dr Guichet's extensive paperwork as well as completing the motivation essay he required. I barely made it within the 3 page limit, because I wanted to be as detailed as I could about all aspects of the prompt. I had my brother and a few friends read it. All in all, it was one of the better essays I've ever written in my life.  Cool

Since there was no clear deadlines, I procrastinated slightly, but it's all good. There was some trouble emailing his team the paperwork and took me several tries because the file was very large. There inbox storage was full, so it was rejected a few times. I didn't have a scanner, so I took photos of the documents with my iPhone and zipped up photo bundles. In addition to the paperwork, they also needed my passport for ID purposes. I took the liberty to email some other semi relevant documents just to be on the safe side, such as my school medical record and stuff.

It's been about a month since I graduated, and to be honest I am bored out of my mind. I learned to speed paint on photoshop, do vector art on illustrator, make animations on flash, blazed through most of codeacademy, ran a bunch of errands for my family, sold our old car and bought a new one, and built a few scale models (still need to airbrush the basecoat and do weathering). Basically, I am legitimately bored. I definitely hope to pick off a few Steam holiday sales so I'll have enough video games to last a month or two during my stay in Italy.

Here is the last email from Dr. Guichet:
BEGIN
I have not set yet the date in early december for the consultaiton, but if you come for preparation, there is no problem we will find a time and day to see us. The only concern will be to let me know when you can arrive in order we book the appointemnt with the rehab center for the muscle test and the initiation of training. All other exams and the consultaiton will be organized during the preparation month.

Please let me know if this is convenient with you.

Yours sincerely,

13009 Marseille - France
END

Long story short, I've decided to do a month or so of training with Dr. Guichet's team prior to my surgery, which is looking more and more like January of 2014. I am going to buy my ticket and make exact arrangements as soon as I get back from Japan. But basically, I decided to do all LL related stuffs in one trip: training, consultation, surgery, lengthening, etc. I might come back to the US to finish if I decided that Milan is too cold. Apparently, it snows in Europe during the winter. That's sooo weird because living near the beach in California, I haven't seen a white winter since forever.

I am a little concerned about slipping and falling while lengthening. That would be most unfortunate.  Embarrassed

In terms of stretching, I've gotten 20% lazier, but I honestly don't know if I am going to get any more flexible. I feel like I've reached the peak of my flexibility. Hopefully, with some grown Italian men shouting at me and telling me to get my act together, I'll be more motivated and train harder. Is that how the preparation is going to be? I keep having this image in my head of military training, like the ones you see on the movies.  Huh?

Anyhow, just thought I do a quick update. I am going to start my youtube channel the day before my flight to Milan. That's all folks!

"I feel that no matter what I choose to become, I believe that I can change the world. And as I am striving to change the world, I will be happy." -- Sam Berns

nsd_second
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2013, 09:33:07 PM »

Great update. Looking forward to hearing from you again soon.

I think you made a very good decision in going for the training with the professional team. I did Guichet's muscle test myself and I can tell you that in order to get a true improvment, you'll need someone professional to train you for it. Also, from other diaries around here you can see how people who trained professionaly as Guichet recommends had less pain and better results, as he claims.
llanivic13
MMT Member

Credibility 20

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2013, 03:38:58 PM »

Okay people!

Time for a quick update. In the last weekend, I was busy filling out Dr Guichet's extensive paperwork as well as completing the motivation essay he required. I barely made it within the 3 page limit, because I wanted to be as detailed as I could about all aspects of the prompt. I had my brother and a few friends read it. All in all, it was one of the better essays I've ever written in my life.  Cool

Since there was no clear deadlines, I procrastinated slightly, but it's all good. There was some trouble emailing his team the paperwork and took me several tries because the file was very large. There inbox storage was full, so it was rejected a few times. I didn't have a scanner, so I took photos of the documents with my iPhone and zipped up photo bundles. In addition to the paperwork, they also needed my passport for ID purposes. I took the liberty to email some other semi relevant documents just to be on the safe side, such as my school medical record and stuff.

It's been about a month since I graduated, and to be honest I am bored out of my mind. I learned to speed paint on photoshop, do vector art on illustrator, make animations on flash, blazed through most of codeacademy, ran a bunch of errands for my family, sold our old car and bought a new one, and built a few scale models (still need to airbrush the basecoat and do weathering). Basically, I am legitimately bored. I definitely hope to pick off a few Steam holiday sales so I'll have enough video games to last a month or two during my stay in Italy.

Here is the last email from Dr. Guichet:
BEGIN
I have not set yet the date in early december for the consultaiton, but if you come for preparation, there is no problem we will find a time and day to see us. The only concern will be to let me know when you can arrive in order we book the appointemnt with the rehab center for the muscle test and the initiation of training. All other exams and the consultaiton will be organized during the preparation month.

Please let me know if this is convenient with you.

Yours sincerely,

13009 Marseille - France
END

Long story short, I've decided to do a month or so of training with Dr. Guichet's team prior to my surgery, which is looking more and more like January of 2014. I am going to buy my ticket and make exact arrangements as soon as I get back from Japan. But basically, I decided to do all LL related stuffs in one trip: training, consultation, surgery, lengthening, etc. I might come back to the US to finish if I decided that Milan is too cold. Apparently, it snows in Europe during the winter. That's sooo weird because living near the beach in California, I haven't seen a white winter since forever.

I am a little concerned about slipping and falling while lengthening. That would be most unfortunate.  Embarrassed

In terms of stretching, I've gotten 20% lazier, but I honestly don't know if I am going to get any more flexible. I feel like I've reached the peak of my flexibility. Hopefully, with some grown Italian men shouting at me and telling me to get my act together, I'll be more motivated and train harder. Is that how the preparation is going to be? I keep having this image in my head of military training, like the ones you see on the movies.  Huh?

Anyhow, just thought I do a quick update. I am going to start my youtube channel the day before my flight to Milan. That's all folks!

hi...x guichet patient..or rather ongoing one...finished lengthening in April 2013.
looking at your suppleness I strongly advise you to get that 1 month pack at Isokinetic Milan asap urg.
In Milan they will fine tune anything you are missing.......muscles mass etc is important BUT suppleness is far more important.......you are very flexible.

as you rightly said...once in Milan....where guichet visits once a week or every other week.....things will go very very quickly.....all issues with medical tests, shrink evaluation , etc......will go very very quickly and smoothly.

if you have the cash, the time i would advise you book the isokinetic Milan pack and you will be on the op table before you know it.

at the isokinetic center Milan ...the team there will put the finishing touches to your prep work and with the added advantage that they will be the same guys looking after you once op is done.

if money is not a problem I think ....due to your actual flexibility....you are strong on course to get the op done very very soon.

leechlet
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 195

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2013, 10:37:19 PM »

Hi llanivic13,

I will definitely look into the isokinetic place. I did a quick google search, and it appears that this is some kind of stretching machine. I will asked Dr Guichet about the tentative cost of his training programs. Is this machine part of his training? If not, I will definitely start utilizing it in Milan, maybe even starting right now in the US if I can find one. I should be able to, because I live in a rather populated area.

Also, since you already did the surgery and stuff, please give me a rough guess of the prices so I can have enough fund in my account for this whole adventure. I am down to try most things once. I am not sure what specific value each training routine will provide, but the only way to find out is to try it first. For example, after a few weeks of yoga lessons I realized that I could do most of the stuffs on my own if only I had a stretching schedule to keep me on top of things and a few accountability buddies. Also, with the help of my yoga instructors, I was able to identify where I needed the most work. But I wouldn't have understood that had I not tried it first.

Anyways, thanks for the advice. I'll definitely take it into serious consideration!  Smiley

llanivic13
MMT Member

Credibility 20

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2013, 04:33:34 PM »

Hi llanivic13,

I will definitely look into the isokinetic place. I did a quick google search, and it appears that this is some kind of stretching machine. I will asked Dr Guichet about the tentative cost of his training programs. Is this machine part of his training? If not, I will definitely start utilizing it in Milan, maybe even starting right now in the US if I can find one. I should be able to, because I live in a rather populated area.

Also, since you already did the surgery and stuff, please give me a rough guess of the prices so I can have enough fund in my account for this whole adventure. I am down to try most things once. I am not sure what specific value each training routine will provide, but the only way to find out is to try it first. For example, after a few weeks of yoga lessons I realized that I could do most of the stuffs on my own if only I had a stretching schedule to keep me on top of things and a few accountability buddies. Also, with the help of my yoga instructors, I was able to identify where I needed the most work. But I wouldn't have understood that had I not tried it first.

Anyways, thanks for the advice. I'll definitely take it into serious consideration!  Smiley
hi

sorry for delay.

ref prices ....guichet prices you,ll have to ask him.....rates may have changed..
you,ll need money aside for
medical tests pre op
medical tests post op
medication pre op
medication post op
physio post op
medical reviews post op
accomodation costs
taxi costs to get you to and from places.
if alone carer cost....its impossible to do it alone at least for first 6 weeks.
eating costs
airfare costs

hopefully not needed but fund in case emergency op or treatment is needed

all in all you are looking at $90+

this is a guesstimate.......I ended spending roughly this.......what I found to be a real stinger was accomodation costs and physio costs.
these two were never ending and major bleeders to my budget.

fact is if you do op in Milan....and you stay there at least 6 weeks ( minimum guichet would advise) you need to live somewhere bcs on start of day 3 post op you are literally kicked out of the hospital.....( unless you have complications or need to stay bcs of medical reasons).

if you go with guichet you have to sign up for 5 times a week physio at isokinetic......no getting around that....this will carry on until you leave Milan.

ref the machine you say you saw......there is no stretching machine....what you may have seen is a biodex testing machine. this you will use whether you go to isokinetic pre op or not......you need to do a base test ....train and do another test ....send both results to guichet.....he requires a 30% increase in peak torque at 60 rpm to prove you,re ready.
you will only find these test machines in sports labs ....mostly at universities.
it cost $80 a go........you can train on these machines....they are amazing....

if you go to isokinetic , milan pre op you will use the machine to get you ready.......thats why they can prep you in a month..........if not you need to see a professional sports trainer who knows the biodex tests and requirements,  tell him you need a programme that will increase your peak torque to 30% ......they should be able to help you.

going to a normal gym and normal sports trainer wont help you much because even though they may have heard of biodex testing they will never have used it.

dont fall into the trap of thinking pushing weights at a gym and doing bike will solve the biodex test issue.......it wont.........biodex training and requirements ate different to normal weight training.

during my time going through this and from personal experience i have seen a few guys training for mo ths and pumping weights , doing the biodex test and failing.

so to sum up
if you have the cash and time get yourself to milan and do the pre op programme at isokinetic.
it will prepare you perfectly to what guichet requires , it will give you time to look around for accomodation, logistics, carer if alone etc...(ref carer guichet has contacts) .

doing the op with guichet is one option......is it the best Huh? depends on your philosophy on muscle remodelling, prep work, flexibility etc.....BUT if you want a smooth ride, get over the red tape with guichet going to milan is the way to go.

i didnt go.....in hind sight i should have.......i spent mo ths trying to get ready and meet the biodex test requirements .........there were times i thought it would be impossible.......because i was trying to do it alone and didnt understand what type of training was needed.

regards
leechlet
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 195

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2013, 06:04:00 PM »

Hi,

Thank you for the detailed reply. I have a few questions. Firstly, I plan to go to 10cm and will do everything pre op to max the probability  of actually achieving this. Of course, once the lengthening starts and for one reason or another my body cannot go to this length, then it's irrational to risk paralysis. But let's assume that I can get to 10cm, which i think will take 3-4 month of lengthening. How long do you anticipate the recovery to be? 9 month? A year?

Also, just how mobile are you immediately after the surgery? I know that Guichet's patients can walk the day after the surgery. Surely, if you could walk then you could cook and go to the bathroom on your own after being discharged from the hospital? I mean, I could at least pop a frozen package in the microwave or heat up some leftovers? Or am I just too naive? Does it hurt so much that even moving from my bed to my kitchen in the one bedroom studio I am planning to rent will be too cumbersome?

Finally, I understand that it snows in Milan in the winter. Will slipping and falling be a realistic hazard during my stay? I have so many more questions. I was wondering if it would be alright to skype if you are free. I am going to Japan in two days, but maybe we can skype any time today or tomorrow. My skype is leechletLL

Thanks! Cheesy

llanivic13
MMT Member

Credibility 20

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2013, 11:42:18 PM »

Hi,

Thank you for the detailed reply. I have a few questions. Firstly, I plan to go to 10cm and will do everything pre op to max the probability  of actually achieving this. Of course, once the lengthening starts and for one reason or another my body cannot go to this length, then it's irrational to risk paralysis. But let's assume that I can get to 10cm, which i think will take 3-4 month of lengthening. How long do you anticipate the recovery to be? 9 month? A year?

Also, just how mobile are you immediately after the surgery? I know that Guichet's patients can walk the day after the surgery. Surely, if you could walk then you could cook and go to the bathroom on your own after being discharged from the hospital? I mean, I could at least pop a frozen package in the microwave or heat up some leftovers? Or am I just too naive? Does it hurt so much that even moving from my bed to my kitchen in the one bedroom studio I am planning to rent will be too cumbersome?

Finally, I understand that it snows in Milan in the winter. Will slipping and falling be a realistic hazard during my stay? I have so many more questions. I was wondering if it would be alright to skype if you are free. I am going to Japan in two days, but maybe we can skype any time today or tomorrow. My skype is leechletLL

Thanks! Cheesy

Hi

you have asked some serious questions here ......that require serious answers.

but first of all whatever i say isnt to put you off or scare you.......i,m going to tell you what i went through.....and i say i bcs LLing is a personal experience and everybody has different stories to tell.

i,m going to always be frank with you........at the same i,ll tell out from the start yes it can be done and once you have gained height its a new you and no looking back.

10 cm in one shot........whow.......i think only special cases can achieve this, by that i mean they have the genetic makeup which makes their muscles super supple and can go a very long way before plastic elongation starts to set in.
once you reach the plastic stage ...i.e muscles have been stretched to their natural limit........its sheer stubbornness and hell management from then on. You,ll get guys like Apo who were so stubborn they saw it through BUT thats a very minor %. very minor.

In the end no matter how much you want to lengthen your body will tell you. There will come the time when you will loose a lot of range of motion, you,re super super stiff and you cant relax for more than 10 minutes....no matter how many pills you pop.

Guichet will not let you lengthen more than what he considers to be safe...he will be monitoring your range of motion weekly.......you may want to carry on but guichet will advise you to stop.

Recover from 10 cm in one shot......I cant even imagine.......a year after stopping clicking may be right.....

you have two 100mm gaps in your bones....do you realise what this is........its crazy, outrageous, totally fou......it can be done but please dont ask about recovery times bcs it can go either way at those lengths.

of you want 10 cm....which is ok....maybe look at 2 ops ......that way you,re giving your body a chance and not committing harakiri.

mobility after surgery........practically very very little........You have two broken legs, with a mechanism that will click on rotation, you,re body will shut down and protect itself, you will not walk but drag yourself along both feet at the same time with a walker or crutches........i hear talk about walking after the op!!?? maybe for a step or two with assistance but by yourself!!??

when you do get up on your feet your hands are tied, you,ll be using them for your crutches, trying to stand upright without crutches can be done but will tire you out immediately, .......once you start to get duck arse the lordosis will zap the energy out of you.........I would never suggest you leave the hospital alone and try to make it alone for the first weeks........I honestly  cant see how......you,ll start missing on meals , not getting enough calories, etc, etc.........during LL you need to eat and eat and eat and when you are full eat some more.
you need to eat good wholesome food.

after  surgery i was in bed for two days bcs I was very very weak from op and meds, th first time i tried to walk with a walker i near.y fainted bcs i was so weak.......when we left and went to the apartment, as i wasnt sleeping, etc......when the weeks go by you,ll loose weight, sleep .....you,re energy levels will be very very low.......if you try to do this all alone you will burn yourself out.......just getting a taxi from your apartment to the isokinetic center everyday will be a huge energy zapping experience.....when you get home from physio everday if noone is there to help you you,re going to miss out of food and proper care.

Forget heroics......LLing is stupid, its a shock to the system, and you need to respect your body and give it as much help as you can........going alone is crazy.

snow........when you,re lengthen and the gap gets bigger and bigger you cant rotate, day one post op you,ll loose all your hip muscles and pelvic stabilizers,   your capacity to bend your legs will diminish a lot.....your lordosis will have you hip flexors fighting your back every second of the day.........walking on icy surfaces is dangerous, if you slip you can bend th nail, rip new muscles.....whatever.  try to keep off the ice and snow and if you must get some good shoes with good grip.

ref skype ok....we,ll see.

you are you g are very supple.......this is a massive advantage BUT dont let this get in the way of mature decisions.... LLing is crazy......I hope you breeze through it...and there are people that do.......but I have also seen people who didnt and it was very very sad and disturbing.........

save money, get your facts right, be realistic in your ambitions, plan for the worst, ask, ask and ask again guichet about muscle remodelling, prep......its a fantastic science but needs to be understood to help you through it.

finally go for it........height change is simply amazing.......it will hit you like a bomb and everyday when you remind yourself of your old height and what you have done it will surprise you every time.

ask away whatever you want......I try to help wherever I can

bye
leechlet
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 195

« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2013, 07:07:42 AM »

I see. Thank you for the extremely kind and detailed response. From what is gathered here, I have changed my strategy in several key ways. Firstly, I am going to bring a relative with me. I spoke with her tonight to arrange her visa. Secondly, I am going to delay my training until late February or early March. This way, the weather will be warmer, it won't be snowing as much, and also I will have more prep time. I am going to get the Biodex test asap and then start to train on a Biodex machine on a nearby university asap. I will finish the training with an additional month or so with Guichet's team. Thirdly, I am going to stay very open minded about the possibility of two surgeries, keeping in mind that 10cm is the exception rather than the norm. Fourthly (kind of controversial this one), I always see a sports car in my area drive around with the license plate Apotheosis. If I get the chance, I want to see if this man is the famous Apotheosis himself and try to ask him some questions. Since this is 30% creepy, I might not actually play this strategy.

But in a weird way, your words made me much more excited. I am a big fan of challenges, and the fact that LL is so hard makes it that much more exciting for me. I can see myself laughing hysterically in Milan, realizing that indeed LL is the hardest thing I've done thus far, and yet I am right smack in the middle of this reality with no way out. I am crazy like that. I am smiling right now just writing about it. I don't know why. But I feel alive and excited for the first time in weeks. I guess the only way to find out how I'll react to LL is to actually just put my stack in and see how the cards will fall.

To quote one of my favorite songs:
"A solider on my own, I don't know the way.
I am ready for the fight... And fate."

llanivic13
MMT Member

Credibility 20

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2013, 12:43:44 PM »

I see. Thank you for the extremely kind and detailed response. From what is gathered here, I have changed my strategy in several key ways. Firstly, I am going to bring a relative with me. I spoke with her tonight to arrange her visa. Secondly, I am going to delay my training until late February or early March. This way, the weather will be warmer, it won't be snowing as much, and also I will have more prep time. I am going to get the Biodex test asap and then start to train on a Biodex machine on a nearby university asap. I will finish the training with an additional month or so with Guichet's team. Thirdly, I am going to stay very open minded about the possibility of two surgeries, keeping in mind that 10cm is the exception rather than the norm. Fourthly (kind of controversial this one), I always see a sports car in my area drive around with the license plate Apotheosis. If I get the chance, I want to see if this man is the famous Apotheosis himself and try to ask him some questions. Since this is 30% creepy, I might not actually play this strategy.

But in a weird way, your words made me much more excited. I am a big fan of challenges, and the fact that LL is so hard makes it that much more exciting for me. I can see myself laughing hysterically in Milan, realizing that indeed LL is the hardest thing I've done thus far, and yet I am right smack in the middle of this reality with no way out. I am crazy like that. I am smiling right now just writing about it. I don't know why. But I feel alive and excited for the first time in weeks. I guess the only way to find out how I'll react to LL is to actually just put my stack in and see how the cards will fall.

To quote one of my favorite songs:
"A solider on my own, I don't know the way.
I am ready for the fight... And fate."

excellent.

ref Apo......drop him a message or PM...he,ll get back to you for sure.......

when i did op....guichet ...prior to op....told us something....there was two of us doing it at the sametime.....which at the time i didnt grasp ....

guichet...turned out to be a great guy in the end.....

he looked at us and told us LLing is going to change and transform you...Huh? I knew this bcs i would he taller.....eh!!?.

once through it i now realise what he meant.....
LLing is such a major experience ...such a shock to the system, such a crazy thing to do such an ordeal....that it will change you.......

sometimes people say when you,re near a death experience you come out of it and see life in a different way...

well LLing is not a near death experience but it is so crazy and can be such a hell that its not far from it .

you seem to have the correct attitude.......

one last piece of advise.....whoever you take with you make sure they are mature in character.....
they could have a lot on their hands.......and you ..apart from being handicapped.....will be very emotionally unstable due to the meds, lack of sleep and time all this takes.

its hard work taking care of a handicap.......it takes its toll.......make sure you make the right choice.

regards
leechlet
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 195

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2013, 08:45:23 PM »

I think I am beginning to get it now, the psychological aspects of it too. I can picture the feeling of getting trapped in a dark tunnel, and the light at the end is sooo freaking long... 6-12 month long post op at least before one can really be somewhat "normal" again.

The discomfort... The lack of mobility... And if the mental game isn't there, then there's the added feeling of injustice...

Furthermore, the medication is causing mood swings, adding more variance to the already turbulent storm. Actually, to compare LL to a long dark tunnel would or running a marathon would be inappropriate. After all, what freaking tunnel or marathon takes 6-12 month to traverse? I don't think our ape brain is wired to really comprehend something so emotional for such a long duration of time. Indeed, we only have 60-80 years on this planet.

A year is a long time.

So I think I might start building an online business or have other interests that truly inspires me before I get LL. I don't think I can make it out if I am counting the days until it is over. Rather, I imagine that I need to either accept my role and fate really quickly -- to ground myself in reality and to actually find the little things in life that gives joy despite lack of mobility -- or I am gonna have the worst vacation of my life. What are the things that gives hope to LLers? Surely, this game have been played out many times before. I am far from the first person doing this.

Since memory is completely reconstructed and thus biased in hindsight, I would really cherish actually speaking to people going through LL and to look into their eyes so that my mirror neurons could neuro-sink with their subjective realities. It's quite amazing we humans could do that. In a sense, we are mind readers to a lesser degree. Emotions are contagious. We understand far more about how other think or feel than we could consciously put words to. I used to play poker a lot, and there are nights when the emotion is so intense that you can just look into a man's eyes and know if you've got him -- or if he's got you. I expect the emotional toll of LL to be orders of magnitudes higher than winning or losing a few hundred dollar pot. Therefore, I expect the emotional signals to be stronger than average. I am going to try to look for opportunities to see if I can meet current LL patients here in America. Or I might pay Guichet an early visit to do a consultation so I can see his patients.

Either way, I want my brain to sleep on the emotional aspects of LL, so that when I do it again, it'll be the second time visiting that reality. Maybe I am over thinking. But I imagine myself trying to build a rocket ship from my garage. There's too many damn factors to consider, but nonetheless over preparation is the dominant strategy. I imagine the perfect LLer to be an Olympic athlete who have also went to med school and done LL on others for years, so that he would understand all the technical and intangible aspects of LL. Clearly, I am nothing like this person. But I want to approximate this design as much as possible. That's the advantage of being right out of college with no job. The opportunity cost of my time is almost nothing.  Tongue

leechlet
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 195

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2013, 11:14:25 PM »

Hey navlo!

I am glad you liked the post. I tried responding to you via personal message, but this website said there was some error and so I must respond here. I'd love to visit you in your country of origin if I can, in which I will not disclose here to protect your privacy. But I am not sure I can be there November ish. I am going to Japan in less than 12 hours and I will be there until the end of November. But definitely feel free to keep in touch via here or skpe at LeechletLl whichever is more convinent to you. If we do end up lengthening together, I am always looking for fellow comrades in war!

Cheer man! And gl with everything!   Wink

navlo
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2013, 11:37:15 PM »

Hey navlo!

I am glad you liked the post. I tried responding to you via personal message, but this website said there was some error and so I must respond here. I'd love to visit you in your country of origin if I can, in which I will not disclose here to protect your privacy. But I am not sure I can be there November ish. I am going to Japan in less than 12 hours and I will be there until the end of November. But definitely feel free to keep in touch via here or skpe at LeechletLl whichever is more convinent to you. If we do end up lengthening together, I am always looking for fellow comrades in war!

Cheer man! And gl with everything!   Wink

i contact you soon by skype Wink

LL with Betz. End of 2013 hopefully.
zeo
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 13

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2013, 04:59:27 PM »

thanks for the updates. I hope everything is going well
kneehowguys
MMT Member

Credibility 6

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2013, 04:00:57 AM »

llanivic13 and Leechlet,

What are the main things you've learned about stretching, soft tissue training/muscle building in legs that you didn't know before?

I have had troubles sticking to stretching because
- days I am tired, I don't stretch and lose alot of ground
- stretching just isn't that fun sometimes. Sometimes it is.
- lack of schedule and regularity. I'll stretch alot for a week then then the next few weeks I won't stretch so much. It's not like weight training- i don't really know how often and how hard to stretch. Stretching too much sets me back ALOT because I don't stretch after my muscles are very sore.
- I lose alot of motivation when I lose the stretching gains I have made
leechlet
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 195

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2013, 12:53:26 PM »

Hey kneehowguys,

It sounds like you never reached plastic deformation for your muscles. From what I understand, stretching your muscles is a lot like stretching a rubber band. Pull it a little bit and let go, and it will snap back in place right where it started. But stretch it past a certain point, and it will be permenantly deformed. Here's the catch: if you are new to stretching it will take a while for you to get to the point where your muscle is actually deforming plastically. According to a publication I read, the first month or two of stretching will not be anything past plastic deformation. It will only desenstize you to stretching further and further until you actually get to the point of plastic demormation.

Doing mild but prolonged stretch is the best way to reach plastic deformation. It may seem like your body will never adapt to continous pressure. But do not dispare.

Consider this vogar but vivid example: slutty women tend to have loser vagina. If we can agree that all women were once born with tight vagina and we can agree that repeated pressure cause adaptaion in her vagina, then we can agree that the human body's can adapt over a long time after prolonged and persistent pressure to adapt. Okay, but what does our legs have anything to do with vagina you ask? I don't know. Perhaps they are both partially made of soft tissues. But who cares? That example was supposed to boost moral. The important thing is that I took yoga lessons, bought some iphone games, and using stretches I learned in yoga and games to keep my attention, I was able to get significantly more flexible than I first started. If I can do it, then so can you.

I am in Japan right now writing this from a hotel. Sorry if this reply is not as thoughtful as my other ones. Hope it helps!  Smiley

leechlet
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 195

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2013, 02:20:16 PM »

For those of you interested, Dr Guichet told me that the new Rehab center in Milan is this one:
http://www.isokinetic.com/en/sports-rehab/milan-central/

I am going to start looking for an appartment near this area. Apparently, I can go to Italy for 90 days without a visa with a USA passport as a tourist. If I need to stay longer, Dr Guichet said he will write me a document that will extend my stay. I play to stay there for about 3 month ish, 1 for training and 2 for lengthening. After which I will either return to US or China to finish my lengthening and for consolidation. I am leaving probably January ish because I am pretty behind on a lot of the testing and planning. The one month trip to Japan really set back my schedule quite a bit. But no fear, I will get LLing soon enough.

Okay, must go to sleep now. Lots of traveling to do tomorrow! Wink

pick
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2013, 07:27:47 PM »

Most of the Indian diaries I've seen talk of a "guest house" where _everything_ is taken care of.
How are you going to manage an apartment by yourself? Food, laundry, cleaning, medical emergencies, etc?
I read you're getting someone along, but is he/she staying all through?

Btw, what do Dr. G patients normally do? Is there some sort of a system established there for this stuff, given he is a renowned LL doctor?
If not officially, some kind of unofficial facility?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.