MMT Community
September 25, 2017, 11:34:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Welcome to Make Me Taller! This is the leading site for the discussion of Leg Lengthening on the Internet. Join now - the more you contribute, the more you will benefit from being part of our community - all are welcome.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

The Make Me Taller (MMT) community forum provides free information about the only REAL way to become taller - elective leg lengthening (LL) surgery. This site contains detailed information, pictures, videos, diaries and personal accounts from people who have undergone cosmetic LL to become taller. We discuss the pros and cons of Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE and other methods. Please read our FAQs first before posting and enjoy your time here finding out how to become taller! Leg Lengthening is a serious endeavor, so do your research! You can also buy MMT's new book about LL called 'Inchworm' at Amazon!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Height and Proportions Discussion - Megatron  (Read 13754 times)
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« on: November 01, 2013, 11:54:39 PM »

Calvin Johnson (nicknamed Megatron after the evil Transformer) is probably the best receiver in American Football right now. He would probably be marked as extreme on any chart of human proportions. He has extremely longs legs, a tiny torso, and long spindly arms. I'm sure he has a shorter sitting height than my 98 year old grandmother, but no one looks at him as being weird or freakish (other than being freakishly athletic). It has been said before and I will say it again: torso length does not matter when considering how far you will lengthen, only arm length and wingspan should be considered your limiting factors.

Sweden
Current recovery level: 82% and improving.
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

LL Fighter, prophet, expert, adviser, hero, LEGEND

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 02:33:00 AM »

You are absolutely wrong. He is as proportionate as anyone else(who didn't do LL) but it only seems like that bc of his clothes.

There is a guy in my Taekwondo class that wears his belt very high up(as where the blue shirt ends on this black guy's white pants) and another student came up to me and whispered: his torso is very short.
I instantly said that he is as proportionate as everyone else and he only wears his belt up very high.
His respond was: oh, you're right.

Torso height does matter just like arm length and everything else.

You don't get away with more than 5cm of lengthening on each segment. Doing 10cm in only one segment(especially femurs that already is ALWAYS the longest bone in your body) will make you look like a freak(in shorts or naked).

Don't even get me started on 10+10cm. Man, you'll be restricted for life.

Apo: Go to a mirror right now and post a full body picture without any photoshopping. (Please?)
I'll do it if you do.
It takes 1-2MINUTES.

We are already proportionate from the beginning but working out different parts of your body more than others can make it seem that you have longer this or that. Some have longer neck(lack of neck-muscles?), legs, fingers or whatever - BUT NEVER IN THE WORLD ARE THEY LONGER WITH 8-10CM!!!

Cheers!

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 02:42:54 AM »

You are absolutely wrong. He is as proportionate as anyone else(who didn't do LL) but it only seems like that bc of his clothes.

There is a guy in my Taekwondo class that wears his belt very high up(as where the blue shirt ends on this black guy's white pants) and another student came up to me and whispered: his torso is very short.
I instantly said that he is as proportionate as everyone else and he only wears his belt up very high.
His respond was: oh, you're right.

Torso height does matter just like arm length and everything else.

You don't get away with more than 5cm of lengthening on each segment. Doing 10cm in only one segment(especially femurs that already is ALWAYS the longest bone in your body) will make you look like a freak(in shorts or naked).

Don't even get me started on 10+10cm. Man, you'll be restricted for life.

Apo: Go to a mirror right now and post a full body picture without any photoshopping. (Please?)
I'll do it if you do. It takes 1-2MINUTES.

We are already proportionate from the beginning but working out different parts of your body more than others can make it seem that you have longer this or that. Some have longer neck(lack of neck-muscles?), legs, fingers or whatever - BUT NEVER IN THE WORLD ARE THEY LONGER WITH 8-10CM!!!

Cheers!

That's exactly the point. There is a range of human proportions, and while his seem extreme they are within the normal limit. Short legs are normal, long legs are normal, long torsos are normal, short torsos are normal. Adding a reasonable amount to the body of the average LL patient will not make them look any less normal than someone born with longer legs.

Yes, very few people can pull off 10cm + 10cm which is why people are advised not to do it. Still, I have seen a few people do that much lengthening and the ones with larger frames who did it looked fine. They just had long legs like Megatron (although generally not his long arms). Regardless, I don't see how someone who lengthens too much would be "restricted for life". Maybe they have long legs, but who really cares about such things in the real world?
Sweden
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 02:54:55 AM »

It is true, who cares in the real world(?)!

I'm not a proportion-nazi but we are already proportionate from the beginning. Remember that.

Regarding restrictions I bet you are not even 30% of what you could be right now considering your close to 40yo - like myself.

I'm beginning to be able to do jump spinning round kicks. For some reason I believe you are never going to be able to do this. Most likely you don't need to either......

I WILL be competing in US-open in Taekwondo(Las Vegas) and then I will meet you and we can discuss proportions and flexibility over a couple of beers together.
If I can't tell you did LL or have a smaller torso than me(as you do) then I'll say it to your face. Just as if it's the opposite.
No pun intended.

Game on?

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
Joe2000
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 03:35:24 AM »

ohh man  Grin I love the fact that we have two opposite forces. On one side Sweden concerned about torso on another sysop claiming it does not matter.
In my experience it depends on many factors. For example Apo when he posted his photos after 20 cm he had his underwear pretty low, therefore his torso looked longer and overall the whole body looked more natural. 
Even if someone is having  stupid photo with socks it changes everything.
Here is my example where my proportions are kinda bad :/
Height 166.5
torso 86 cm
wingspan around 175.

Even if im gonna do 5.5 cm on my tibias I will look freakish
, but im gonna do it anyway because I don't have choice. Ill definitely  try to build up my legs muscle and make them present better but I would that's it, my proportions suck.
So everyone is different, but there are certain boundaries that should not be passed.
devon
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 07:11:39 AM »

Slawek1000,

You are very well proportioned overall.  However, I think there is some wiggle room for you to lengthen your femurs, as compared to your tibias. In fact, your tibias look longer than your femurs, to me anyway.
MiracleGrow
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 15

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2013, 02:35:14 AM »

In the picture above, of Calvin Johnson with his shirt halfway up (the latest fashion trend?), we see that Megatron's torso is so short that his elbows are level with his belly button. We clearly see that his belly button is pretty darn high up. Sysop definitely has a very valid point here. Anybody who says everyone has exactly the same proportions is off the mark. I know a lot of Caucasian and Asian people whose elbows don't come anywhere near their bellybuttons.

However, Johnson's long arms do accentuate his torso size, making it look way smaller than it really is. Does anyone know of any celebs with super long Megatron-like legs, but with relatively short arms? It would be reassuring to know that these common post-LL proportions are also naturally occurring.

I have heard that many of the top mountain climbers have long legs and short arms, as short arms have a biomechanical advantage in climbing (doing less work pulling up the body) while the long legs are much stronger than the arms (so pushing up the body isn't an issue) and allow for excellent reach.

“Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.” -Alexis Carrel

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." -Reinhold Niebuhr
Sweden
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2013, 02:54:37 AM »

Nobody is saying everyone is exactly as proportionate as one other.

But you are being fooled by his clothes and nothing more.
It depends on each persons muscle mass too.

The guy is completely normal.

5ft9.5
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 03:46:13 AM »

I think it comes down to the culture, ethnicity, and community you're a part of as well.  This may sound a bit racist, but blacks generally have longer legs and a shorter torso as compared to whites (this is verifiable from different studies done by universities albeit not full proof).  Also, we (yes I am black so I am speaking from my experience) tend to have more cases of individuals with freakishly long arms.  As a former university athlete in America, I saw this all the time and it wasn't uncommon for guys 6'0-6'2 to have 6'9 wingspans. . . . again this may sound freakish to the average person, but to us it was quite normal (to the pt where we would comment that a person had short arms if they had an arm length which matched their height).  This is relevant because if you're black then you really don't think about this as abnormal or weird looking.  However, I can see other races possibly seeing this as unattractive/deviant because this is not typical of their race.  Overall, proportions are relative to your experiences.  If you really want to get taller, you will have to make up your mind to deal with the proportion issues that arise and handle them accordingly.
Shortlegs
MMT Contributor

Credibility 6

Hmm, how to get taller?

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2013, 07:34:17 AM »

The guy is black so it is normal for him to have longer limbs and shorter torso. But as MiracleGrow stated, his extremely long arms go well with his long legs. His arms are something you cannot get with surgery because each part of his arm: humerus, forearm and hands are also well proportionate and look good with his whole body. I think it is ridiculous if someone decide to lengthen their humerus while their hand look like a baby. Then you have to lengthen your fingers too Lol
raoniclegs
MMT Member

Credibility 3

"image is everything" andre agassi

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2013, 02:18:26 PM »

a better example of extreme proportions are Milos Raonic who has an extremely long legs to height ratio with a minuscule torso, and michael phelps in the other end
Andre01
MMT Member

Credibility -2

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2013, 02:31:19 PM »

this is out of a blue.

my solution is to lengthen my humerus simultaneously with my femur.

if all goes according to plan, I will do 4 cm each on my humerus, 10 - 12 cm on my femur and 8 -10 on my tibia.

im currently 14cm over my wing span so how much I can do will depend on how much I can do on my humerus.

I see a lot of tall ppl  with short torsos and the only thing they have that lets them get away with it naturaly is thir long upper arms!!!

im currently 5'4 with  an almost 5'10 wing span

after LL I'll be 5'11 to 6'0 height and a 6'2 wing span Wink

my journey will begin mi  2014

I have huge biceps as it is now so I cant wait to be 5'9  after my first LL with a giants biceps   (chicks love them in case u dont know)

Andre01
MMT Member

Credibility -2

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2013, 02:59:39 PM »

I could go on for hrs debating abt this.

but megatrons torso is  elongated by  wat ever he is wearing.  he is like me. my elbow line is close to my hip line.

yes I am black too. too. 

after LL he will be wider than me and have bigger palms or hands or wat ever u call it.

We black ppl have longer arms.  Im going to do arm lengthening so  women can stare at me arms lol...sounding aussie now ops

women r programmed to notice above  6 feet WING SPANS..

I over heard a chick say....

he was tall and had huge long arms....lol
MiracleGrow
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 15

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2013, 04:46:39 PM »

this is out of a blue.

if all goes according to plan, I will do 4 cm each on my humerus, 10 - 12 cm on my femur and 8 -10 on my tibia.

im currently 14cm over my wing span so how much I can do will depend on how much I can do on my humerus.

I see a lot of tall ppl  with short torsos and the only thing they have that lets them get away with it naturaly is thir long upper arms!!!

im currently 5'4 with  an almost 5'10 wing span

after LL I'll be 5'11 to 6'0 height and a 6'2 wing span Wink

my journey will begin mi  2014

I have huge biceps as it is now so I cant wait to be 5'9  after my first LL with a giants biceps   (chicks love them in case u dont know

Who are you going to lengthen your humerus bones with? It would be cool if arm lengthening became as mainstream as LL in the future. That would allow us to get much taller, without looking odd, and would probably make AL a lot safer with time. Who knows, maybe in 20 years, we'll even be able to safely get our fingers and forearms lengthened, and get cheap stem cell injections to speed up recovery. Then we could all look like Megaton, which is a cool, athletic look that certainly wouldn't mind having!

“Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.” -Alexis Carrel

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." -Reinhold Niebuhr
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2013, 06:27:43 PM »

Sorry, but I don't know of any reputable doctor who will lengthen bilateral femurs and bilateral or even unilateral humerus at the same time. You would be stuck in bed completely immobile the whole time of lengthening. It is generally advised that you lengthen one bone section at a time, let it heal, and then lengthen another bone section. The very, very few doctors that do elective arm lengthening will also only lengthen one arm at a time.
shoryuken
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2013, 01:59:32 AM »

Proportions are probably my main concern with LL, Would 7 cm be to much?

This girl looks better with her tibia's lengthened, if it is the same girl?

Grinder
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2013, 11:24:42 PM »

It's definitely the same girl.

It seems like she has quite long femurs to begin with so the extra length on the tibias doesn't make her legs look unproportioned (it actually looks more 'balanced').

If 7 cm is to much depends on the persons proportions.

Currently saving up for LL.
shoryuken
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2013, 01:08:22 PM »

There doesn't seem to be any marks on her legs though? makeup?
Sweden
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2013, 01:57:13 PM »

She doesn't have long femurs. She is as proportionate as everyone else.

You can get away with 7cm of LL, but it is around the upper limit.

Grinder
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2013, 06:05:39 PM »

Still not quite sure what you mean by "as proportionate as everyone else".

Do you say that everyones tibia/femur ratio is the same? (cause that statement doesn't make any sense to me at all)

Currently saving up for LL.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.