MMT Community
April 26, 2017, 02:12:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: NOTE: To see all of our content, and to be able to read the diaries and discussions threads, you must be a member and you must be signed-in or they will not show up.

Sign-up now - it's free and you'll have full access to all of our world-leading resources!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

The Make Me Taller (MMT) community forum provides free information about the only REAL way to become taller - elective leg lengthening (LL) surgery. This site contains detailed information, pictures, videos, diaries and personal accounts from people who have undergone cosmetic LL to become taller. We discuss the pros and cons of Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE and other methods. Please read our FAQs first before posting and enjoy your time here finding out how to become taller! Leg Lengthening is a serious endeavor, so do your research! You can also buy MMT's new book about LL called 'Inchworm' at Amazon!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Height and Proportions Discussion - Megatron  (Read 12317 times)
jenslarsen
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 14

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2013, 06:12:43 PM »

Still not quite sure what you mean by "as proportionate as everyone else".

Do you say that everyones tibia/femur ratio is the same? (cause that statement doesn't make any sense to me at all)

I am pretty sure what he means is that just as with height, the vast majority of the population fall within a certain proportions ratios range and thus is normally proportionate, even very short or very tall people. Lengthening any bones will quite quickly move where you are on these bell curves and could make you a statistical outlier, that is, getting ratios that would not readily occur in nature unless there's likely some medical abnormality (ie growth disorder or deformity) involved.

I could get back to you with some research papers showing some examples of these kinds of ratio ranges if you want.. at least for sitting height vs height.

5'7"
MiracleGrow
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 15

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2013, 07:13:16 PM »

I could get back to you with some research papers showing some examples of these kinds of ratio ranges if you want.. at least for sitting height vs height.

I would be very interested in these charts, and I think quite a few others would be too. Please post them, if it's not too much trouble. Thanks!

“Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.” -Alexis Carrel

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." -Reinhold Niebuhr
Grinder
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2013, 01:29:46 PM »

I am pretty sure what he means is that just as with height, the vast majority of the population fall within a certain proportions ratios range and thus is normally proportionate, even very short or very tall people. Lengthening any bones will quite quickly move where you are on these bell curves and could make you a statistical outlier, that is, getting ratios that would not readily occur in nature unless there's likely some medical abnormality (ie growth disorder or deformity) involved.

If you look at the sitting height thread ( http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,1387.0.html ), it seems like there a pretty big range in torso/leg length. It would my guess that tib/femur length is pretty much the same (just like there a lot of different face proportions).

WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE RESEARCH PAPERS! Smiley

Currently saving up for LL.
Rgkey
LL Patient
MMT Adviser

Credibility 129

If you go through hell, don't stop, keep walking

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2014, 04:55:20 AM »

Proportions are probably my main concern with LL, Would 7 cm be to much?

This girl looks better with her tibia's lengthened, if it is the same girl?

shi* now everyone seem to have small tibias to me, it must be because now my tibias are longer Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Original height. 163.5cms
Current height.  172.5cms
Operation on 6/4/13
Sweden
Current recovery level: 82% and improving.
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

LL Fighter, prophet, expert, adviser, hero, LEGEND

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2014, 09:02:24 AM »

shi* now everyone seem to have small tibias to me, it must be because now my tibias are longer Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

They don't.
It's just that you can get away with longer tibias than nature gave you.

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.