MMT Community
February 21, 2017, 02:19:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS! Please make sure that you only post general questions on the 'General Questions' board or you'll get a lot of flames - and make sure you read the FAQs and DIARIES first Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

The Make Me Taller (MMT) community forum provides free information about the only REAL way to become taller - elective leg lengthening (LL) surgery. This site contains detailed information, pictures, videos, diaries and personal accounts from people who have undergone cosmetic LL to become taller. We discuss the pros and cons of Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE and other methods. Please read our FAQs first before posting and enjoy your time here finding out how to become taller! Leg Lengthening is a serious endeavor, so do your research! You can also buy MMT's new book about LL called 'Inchworm' at Amazon!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Height and Proportions Discussion - Bruno Mars  (Read 34952 times)
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« on: December 01, 2013, 04:38:49 PM »

I think it is very interesting when members of this site are critical of the proportions of people who have long legs after leg lengthening. Many people who decide to undergo leg lengthening start with proportionally short legs for their bodies. The proportion obsessives claim that "everyone starts with a proportional body" before LL. That is just not true. Some people have legs that are short for their bodies.

A perfect example of this is the singer Bruno Mars. He is very talented, very successful, and has a very short set of legs. He himself has said that he "feels 6' 3" even though he is actually 5' 4" - 5' 5" tall. While I hope he is happy with his height and content with himself, he would look much more proportional after leg lengthening. He could definitely do 3" on his femurs and 3" on his tibias and end up 5' 10" or 5' 11" and look great. The first photo is him as he actually is, and the second photo is him after LL on his tibias and femurs. What do you think?

Sweden
Current recovery level: 82% and improving.
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

LL Fighter, prophet, expert, adviser, hero, LEGEND

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 04:52:39 PM »

You have to be kidding!!

You can't tell that with clothes on. Sure, most of the time we don't walk around naked but he could never touch his toes doing both segments. He is as proportionate as everyone else to start with.

With clothes on nobody can see that I did LL either.

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 05:34:44 PM »

Well I'm sorry that I don't have a naked picture of him to do a mockup of his proportions. Since 99.9% of the people who will ever see him will see him with clothes on, I think it's a pretty appropriate way to do a mockup.

Since he is a pop singer and not a ninja like you are I'll bet he would not give a rats ass about whether he can touch his toes or not. Seriously? Who other than someone like you cares about such a thing? How often do you think the average person bends ovet to touch their toes and obsessess about it?

He looks better with longer legs, point blank and period.
Grinder
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 06:17:39 PM »

He is as proportionate as everyone else to start with.

Have to disagree with this. People come in many different body types. Some have short legs some have long legs. If everybody had the same proportions everyone would look the same.

Currently saving up for LL.
Sweden
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 07:31:10 PM »

Everyone who is concerned about having a long and healthy life knows the importance of flexibility when you get older.
Your claims above is scary but very common among many.

The only thing which makes you all believe that he or she has long/short legs depend on how fat or muscular they are.
There is only a slightly difference between people's proportions.

If Bruno would wear a shirt and dress pants where he tucks in his shirt you would all see that he is as proportionate as everyone else.
I've seen him in a video and he looks like a child/very young. His arms and head is a tad on the smaller size.

That doesn't mean he could get away with LL. But even Bruno wants to go to the beach some day and if he does 7+7 it just won't look good bc he is not even close to muscular.

I am amazed of how poor the general health seems to be among our members in here. I don't demand everyone to be a professional athlete but running and some time in the gym is not too much to ask for. And then they want to stretch their legs when they can't even reach their toes to begin with. Alarming....

There is a huge benefit from having your entire palms on the floor in front of your legs when they're straight. Everyone should be able to do this, but very few can.
Some day you will be 60, 70 and even 80 yo. What life are you all expecting to have?

Stay healthy!

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
vikingsfan
MMT Member

Credibility 1

5'7''-->5'9'' (hopefully), 2016 LL candidate

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 07:37:45 PM »

Everyone who is concerned about having a long and healthy life knows the importance of flexibility when you get older.
Your claims above is scary but very common among many.

The only thing which makes you all believe that he or she has long/short legs depend on how fat or muscular they are.
There is only a slightly difference between people's proportions.

If Bruno would wear a shirt and dress pants where he tucks in his shirt you would all see that he is as proportionate as everyone else.
I've seen him in a video and he looks like a child/very young. His arms and head is a tad on the smaller size.

That doesn't mean he could get away with LL. But even Bruno wants to go to the beach some day and if he does 7+7 it just won't look good bc he is not even close to muscular.

I am amazed of how poor the general health seems to be among our members in here. I don't demand everyone to be a professional athlete but running and some time in the gym is not too much to ask for. And then they want to stretch their legs when they can't even reach their toes to begin with. Alarming....

There is a huge benefit from having your entire palms on the floor in front of your legs when they're straight. Everyone should be able to do this, but very few can.
Some day you will be 60, 70 and even 80 yo. What life are you all expecting to have?

Stay healthy!

So if I can't touch my toes, I'm not healthy? Wholeheartedly disagree Sweden
Claude
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 09:42:04 PM »

Ah ah Sweden seems so nervous sometimes  Grin like he his ready to throw a kick in your face  Cry.
I have to agree with the importance of building muscles and stretching.

And yeah he looks much better with longer legs with his coat on.
If he had just a small tee shirt he would probably start to look unproportionate.

I think it shows too that after LL maybe you will have to chose carefully your clothes and stay fit.

Shortlegs
MMT Contributor

Credibility 6

Hmm, how to get taller?

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 09:43:26 PM »

I am with Sweden. You cannot really tell if he has short legs or not since his sweater is pretty baggy.
ShortBloke
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2013, 10:03:16 PM »

He is as proportionate as everyone else to start with.

Sweden says some stupid things sometimes but this takes the cake. Bruno is a small guy but also has short legs. He would look better with a few inches of LL because he would be taller. Any height above 165 CM would be an improvement for him. It doesn't have to be 180 CM.
jenslarsen
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 14

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2013, 10:18:51 PM »

The long-ish jacket and baggy pants just aren't doing his proportions any favors in that picture. Camera angle might also have something to do with it. In all likelyhood the photographer is taller than him Tongue

Anyway, I think his legs look quite normal and proportionate (not short!) in less baggy jeans, just look at these pictures:

http://ophil.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Bruno-Mars-photos-13.jpg

http://firetotheheart.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/270201_10150302076427244_242567287243_9113840_1364299_n.jpg

http://cdn02.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/mars-gq/bruno-mars-gq-01.jpg

http://cdn04.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/mars-gq/bruno-mars-gq-03.jpg

5'7"
Claude
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2013, 10:23:33 PM »

This is starting to look like a Bruno Mars fan topic ah ah, just kidding.
Yeah what you are wearing matters a lot and if you are fit, have mucles etc too.

Doflamingo
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2013, 10:28:20 PM »

I agree with Sweden. He's fine to start with.
I think the 2nd picture looks better but you can't compare a photo to a real life sight.
stevie
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 188

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2013, 10:32:59 PM »

Bruno Mars does has short legs.

Sweden
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2013, 10:40:56 PM »

You can believe whatever you want, it's not my life.
Calling strangers names just shows how infantile you are.

I was a professional athlete. For a full year that was my only thing I did.
I've experienced so many injuries and how to avoid them. I regularly see chiropractors and speak to them about what to do to stay healthy.
Our national team had its own doctor that was specialized in sports injuries and he educated me very well in this matter.

You won't understand unless you experience it yourself.

I've been through injuries you can not imagine.

Claude
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2013, 11:37:55 PM »

Mmm i dont know if you were responding to me, if so i am sorry i was only trying to joke.

Yeah i can imagine it must be really hard.
Anyway, yeah he looks like he has small legs and small arms too.
ShortBloke
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2013, 11:46:50 PM »

You can believe whatever you want, it's not my life.
Calling strangers names just shows how infantile you are.

I was a professional athlete. For a full year that was my only thing I did.
I've experienced so many injuries and how to avoid them. I regularly see chiropractors and speak to them about what to do to stay healthy.
Our national team had its own doctor that was specialized in sports injuries and he educated me very well in this matter.

You won't understand unless you experience it yourself.

I've been through injuries you can not imagine.

You really think its always all about you don't you? We don't care about your pro sports career, your injuries, your cock, etc. We care that you probably started with short legs and you lengthened them. Congrats on that. Bruno Mars has short legs and I bloody hope someone tells him about LL because I'm sure he has the money to pick any doctor he wants.
Sweden
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2013, 11:50:31 PM »

Claude: I wasn't.

-----------

Yes, everything is about me. Very clever.

I have first hand experience, you don't.
Go ahead and do 7+7, it's your life. But you won't be proportionate. I'm not saying you can't get away with it(with clothes on)

Andre01
MMT Member

Credibility -2

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2013, 02:30:19 AM »

Well I'm sorry that I don't have a naked picture of him to do a mockup of his proportions. Since 99.9% of the people who will ever see him will see him with clothes on, I think it's a pretty appropriate way to do a mockup.

Since he is a pop singer and not a ninja like you are I'll bet he would not give a rats ass about whether he can touch his toes or not. Seriously? Who other than someone like you cares about such a thing? How often do you think the average person bends ovet to touch their toes and obsessess about it?

He looks better with longer legs, point blank and period.

Thanks mate!
these guys can be riculous sometimes.
If u look good in clothes what else matters. more than 99.999% of ppl will only ever see u in clothes!!!

And the TOES THING!!!
Is this guy on drugs or something!!

Atleast u miade my day.... Thats the smartest thing i have have heard or read all day...!!!

it makes sense if u r a ninja cos i cant get ur point as a normal/average person  lol
Claude
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2013, 02:57:41 AM »

Have you read his diary man ?
I think he was just giving an example, meaning you have to stretch and exercise.

What else matters ? Well thats a personal question, maybe if you do it and look yourself in the mirror you will feel bad, or maybe you will like having long legs.

The ninja part was funny thought  Tongue
panda
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2013, 02:59:59 AM »

It is definitely true that some people have very short legs in regards of their upper body. It is less common among white and black people, but you will often see it in Asians.
A lot of Asians have very long upper body and short legs. Just go to a chinatown and look at Asians legs.
That's why most of the Asians who lengthen their legs still look normal after.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.