MMT Community
February 21, 2017, 02:18:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Tough love is the best love for people considering Leg Lengthening - the truth hurts, but it's important to be realistic Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rgkey - External Tibias - Dr. Barinov - 2013 - External Classic Ilizarov  (Read 98378 times)
Rgkey
LL Patient
MMT Adviser

Credibility 129

If you go through hell, don't stop, keep walking

« on: January 21, 2014, 02:31:34 AM »

I'm going on my 8th month post surgery. I lengthened 9 centimeters with doctor Barinov in volgograd Russia.  I used external classic Ilizarov technique with only two rings and 14 pins.

Original height. 163.5cms
Current height.  172.5cms
Operation on 6/4/13
Sweden
Current recovery level: 82% and improving.
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

LL Fighter, prophet, expert, adviser, hero, LEGEND

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 03:55:11 AM »

hi there im glad you responded)) i have been trying to email you but for some reason it didn't work, so im actually going on my 8th month post surgery, i lengthened 9 centimeters with doctor Barinov in volgograd Russia.  external classic Ilizarov technic with only two rings and 14 pins.

The hell you did.
With 3 rings you have 5 pins.
How in gods name could anyone fit 9 more pins with only 2 rings?Huh?

Your ankles would be permanently disabled.

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
Rgkey
LL Patient
MMT Adviser

Credibility 129

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 06:18:57 AM »

Quote from: Sweden link=topic=7037. msg92178#msg92178 date=1390276511
The hell you did.  
With 3 rings you have 5 pins.  
How in gods name could anyone fit 9 more pins with only 2 rings?Huh?

Your ankles would be permanently disabled.  

hehei guess this is not usual lol
well actually other than the pain i think is not as crazy as it sounds to you, I'm actually pretty happy with the results so far, the scars seem small and I am getting my flexibility back, no ballerina feet or contractions on the knew, the advantage with two rings is that everything is fixable and also because you don't have the pins in the middle of your tibia you can actually stretch better.  Again the only shity part is the pain of having so many pins but other than that im happy so far, i developed knee bending and it was fix in two weeks.  I also broke a shi* lo of pins but ill explain everything.

BTW, i read your diary man and i congratulate you!!)) you are a warrior!!keep up all the amazing work!! but at the same time i dont understand how a doctor would allow you to lengthened when you had such a massive ballerina!!! such an irresponsible move! From the consultation, DR told me if i or he couldn't fix ballerina or knee bending it is necessary to stop lengthening.  

Operation on 6/4/13
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 06:27:15 AM »

It's great you are starting a diary. We haven't had a new diary from Russia in quite some time. How is your dorsiflexion and callus formation at this point?
Rgkey
LL Patient
MMT Adviser

Credibility 129

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 06:38:16 AM »

well let me start by giving my description and little by little get to where i am now from day 1 till now:

Rgkey
age 30 years old
from the US
cost about $15000 which covers surgery and up to 3 months in the clinic, after that is $1500/per month.
External Classic Ilizarov
Tibias
i was 163. 5 and now i am 172. 5))

I lengthened happily 9 cm!!! I say happily because sometimes I can't even believe i went through all this and i achieved even more than what i was expecting!!))
most LL patients will agree with me that saying "LL is painful" is way to broad!!and does not reflect how difficult it can really be!! but let say at least it is really painful!)))

Operation on 6/4/13
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 06:42:25 AM »

I assume you are still wearing the fixators, because it doesn't sound like you did LON. Did you return home with the fixators on? It's always baffled me that more people don't do LON there.
Rgkey
LL Patient
MMT Adviser

Credibility 129

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 06:48:59 AM »

Quote from: SysOp link=topic=7057. msg92191#msg92191 date=1390285635
It's great you are starting a diary.  We haven't had a new diary from Russia in quite some time.  How is your dorsiflexion and callus formation at this point?

My flexibility is great!! even after 9cm i can touch the end of my feet! no knee bending, no ballerina!!))) im so happy i chose this doctor!!! you have no idea!! i am so freaking lucky dude!! especially after reading all the diaries on this site! i was so shocked to see some really bad results in regards of health post lengthening.  i will post pictures even videos if i can cover my face of all i documented so far.  I was expecting doing this because i didnt know about this community but im glad i found it and i hope my experience will help others

Operation on 6/4/13
Rgkey
LL Patient
MMT Adviser

Credibility 129

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 06:54:30 AM »

yes im still on fixator which is annoying but somehow i got use to it by now.  Im still here in the clinic feb third will be 8 months since the surgery.  i will post pictures later.  my callus its ok so far i think but i really would like to post pics for you to judge.

Operation on 6/4/13
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 07:01:11 AM »

yes im still on fixator which is annoying but somehow i got use to it by now.  Im still here in the clinic feb third will be 8 months since the surgery.  i will post pictures later.  my callus its ok so far i think but i really would like to post pics for you to judge.

You have done a lot of lengthening in your tibias, which do heal slowly. Since you didn't do LON you have made the trade-off of being stuck with fixators for a long time, but faster consolidation than if you had IM rods inside. I look forward to seeing your x-rays to see how your callus is coming along. Cheers.
Rgkey
LL Patient
MMT Adviser

Credibility 129

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 09:20:17 AM »

ill do my best to resume what ive been through:

first i contact Irene, she is the person who is in charge of international patients.  you can pretty much find all the information about this place in this site, just go to DOCTORS I RECOMMEND by SYSOP and all their contact info is there.
she helped with all the paper work blablabla this is also a pain in the neck for US people just because the russian consul is so slow!!!
anyway. . .  that was done.
I arrived to Volgograd Russia on june 2nd
Irene picked me up from the airport, we finish all the papaer work, hang around the city etc. . . .
I met some patients form the clinic who were doing correction at the time, very cool people!!
BTW, one of the best things about this experience was all the amazing people i have met!!! it really made everything so much easier!!!
the city is ok, but the women so hot! haha, Im use to beautiful women but boy here specially in the summer they are everywhere!

June 3rd

i got a toothed, my freaking tooth hurt like a b!! so Irene took me to the dentist, so that was solve, however they only put a temporary filling i was suppose to get back in two weeks but obviously i didn't.
I had consultation with Dr.  Barinov he explains all, or almost all.  It is very difficult to explain how difficult this can be.  he took a picture and create a model of what i would look like.  He suggested for me to lengthen 6. 5cm due to me proportion and a maximum of 8. 6cm.  Well i did 9cm)))
One thing i remember he said and i liked it a lot was "our first priority is your health" this really hooked me! and he said second "lengthening" and third "pain"
im trying to post some pictures but i cant figure it out!!(( help please!))

Operation on 6/4/13
Sweden
Current recovery level: 82% and improving.
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

LL Fighter, prophet, expert, adviser, hero, LEGEND

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 01:07:18 PM »

IMGUR.com

Register, start posting.

Don't forget to use the "direct link". Then press the image button right above THIS:  Grin

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
Rgkey
LL Patient
MMT Adviser

Credibility 129

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 02:11:10 PM »

Quote from: Sweden link=topic=7057. msg92204#msg92204 date=1390309638
IMGUR. com

Register, start posting. 

Don't forget to use the "direct link".  Then press the image button right above THIS:  Grin

thank you Sweden!!

Operation on 6/4/13
Rgkey
LL Patient
MMT Adviser

Credibility 129

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 03:44:35 PM »

so here are some pics of the 2nd and 3rd day
this is Irene: eating at some restaurant

Operation on 6/4/13
Rgkey
LL Patient
MMT Adviser

Credibility 129

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2014, 03:45:52 PM »

this is Sasha he is 173cm i cant believe now we are pretty much the same height!!!
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Operation on 6/4/13
Rgkey
LL Patient
MMT Adviser

Credibility 129

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2014, 03:58:25 PM »

So the surgery takes place not in the clinic but in a hospital, unfortunately i dont know what happen to the pictures of the hospital but i cant find them Sad Sad Sad Sad
the hospital doesn't really look that great, the food is horrible at least for me, and the main doctors are not there all the time, i stayed there for about 1 month, i was so happy to leave!!! no one there really speak any english so i was on the phone with my translator Irene all the time.
BTW< during this time it was the most difficult time post operation and even after, i had an infection on one of the pins, i didnt eat much and no one spoke english, only the patients who were doing correction, but they left in about a week to the clinic.
Irene helped me so much during this time, i don't know how i would have done it without her help!!! she brought me food!! talked to me etc!!! just amazing!!!
I saw doctor BArinov some times but most of the time i saw PAbel this is the doctor in charge of the people in the hospital, many people complained in other diaries but with me he was always good, maybe because i didint know russian and his english is very limited.

during this time I broke 3 pins, my muscle are just to tight do to my muscle strength and i think maybe age too. Im a black belt in Judo and my calf muscle are strong, or they were, now they can barely move me.

i had my first x-ray doctor said it was bad so i stop turning for 4 days.

Operation on 6/4/13
Rgkey
LL Patient
MMT Adviser

Credibility 129

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2014, 04:13:06 PM »

So finally the day arrived after fighting about leaving this awful hospital to the clinic where all the friends i met here where waiting for me!! i was so excited!! during the summer they are busy and i think they overbooked, and because all were women and i was the only man i had to be in a room by my self so they were trying to keep me in the hospital while they can use the four rooms in the clinic for correction patients, so i was really angry!! fuc* not!! i was not going to spend any other day at this shithole!!!!

so i arrive to the clinic in a room by my self, later on i will have roommates 3 in total 2 were doing correction and one lengthening.

SO THIS IS WHEN THE GOOD TIMES STARTED!!!! Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

as much as i can say LL was difficult, it was also fun as hell!!!!!! so many nice people and for the most part girls!! it was awesome!!
the clinic is pretty much like the college experience i didnt have in the US but with this frames and pain as well)))))
there are 4 rooms 2 common baths and one privet bath for me)))
summer was painful and it was awesome

so painful!! i broke 27 pins!!! crazy!!!! i got my leg drilled so many times!! i broke the record of broken pins, again my muscles resisted from growing and this caused the pins to bend and eventually break!! im glad the pins are so thin that the scars are really small!!
sometimes i would even break 2 pins in one time, shi* was painful!!
doctor would give local anesthesia and drill my leg.
now that i think about this i dont know how i did it, but i did!:)))
also because of pin bending, i turned 120 days which in theory i should be 12 cms taller but i only achieved 9cms((

it was awesome because regardless of the pain, all these girls helped me a lot in the bad moments, and we really party a lot!! every week we have so kind of party it is amazing, some Russians are truly awesome people, well most of them, some of them are a not that cool.

Operation on 6/4/13
Rgkey
LL Patient
MMT Adviser

Credibility 129

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2014, 04:29:48 PM »

here some picts of the parties we had in the clinic and also in the apartments/flats of other patients.....

Operation on 6/4/13
Rgkey
LL Patient
MMT Adviser

Credibility 129

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2014, 04:32:13 PM »

so actually one tip for all LL people, the best remedy for the pain is always trying to have a good time!!
if i have to choose between having my own nice apartment and staying in a place with many people, the second choice always win when doing LL, just because being around people in times of crazy pain it actually helps.

Operation on 6/4/13
Rgkey
LL Patient
MMT Adviser

Credibility 129

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2014, 04:34:30 PM »

i will post pictures of my X-rays as soon as i can.
Also, if anyone has question for my doctor, maybe i can make a video answering any question you might have
in regards of LL and the technic he uses, i already spoke to him about it and he is cool about it.

Operation on 6/4/13
Rgkey
LL Patient
MMT Adviser

Credibility 129

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2014, 04:35:43 PM »

BTW, i have way too many pictures i wont be able to post them all it really take a awhile....((((

Operation on 6/4/13
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.