MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 05:37:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please spread the word and invite people from other Leg Lengthening forums to join us - this is a professionally-run forum and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening - all are welcome - there'll be no delays in signing-up either, unlike some other forums! Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PreciseFemurs - Internal Femurs - Dr. Mahboubian - 2014 - Growing Up w/ PRECICE  (Read 40833 times)
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« on: January 29, 2014, 01:12:35 PM »

PreciseFemurs has asked me to start a diary for him. He has just had his femur surgery with Dr. Mahboubian using the PRECICE 2. Congrats on starting your journey. Smiley
Phreakcodex
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 01:33:43 PM »

Woow good luck man  Grin
Very excited to read your diary
Drpaleyinapril
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 02:02:49 PM »

Good Luck Precisefemur.  Smiley
PreciseFemurs
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 08:15:21 PM »

Thank you SysOp! I didn't get any notification that you've already started the diary for me.  Luckily I just somehow clicked into this section and found my diary.

I care about my privacy very much, so I will try not to expose my personal information.
I wanted to start this diary because this forum really helped me a lot before deciding to do the surgery.  And I think I should do something for this forum.
I live in LA and I'm a international student, so forgive my poor English! :)

PreciseFemurs
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 08:26:32 PM »

I'm 22, starting height 169cm.

I had the consultation with Dr.  M in November 2013 and my surgery was scheduled on Jan 16th 2014. 

Dr.  M asked me to stretch as often as possible before the surgery, but I didn't :(.  I tried my best playing hard, hanging out with friends, traveling around, doing everything that I'm not possible to do after the surgery.

I have some minor bow-leg, doing tibia could correct my bow-leg.  But for a much faster recovery, I decided to do femurs, otherwise my study permit visa might be canceled due to not attending school for to long.

PreciseFemurs
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 08:45:53 PM »

Jan 16th 2014:
I arrived at St.  Joseph providence hospital at 5:30 am.
I changed on hospital dress and they got my legs shaved. 
Surgery started at around 7 am.  I lost consciousness in 10 seconds after being transferred to the surgery room.
Woke up in the recovery room at around 11 am.  Felt very nauseous, dizzy, lightheaded.  Vomited once then fell asleep again.
I was moved to the hospital room at around 3 pm. 

I didn't feel tremendous pain like many other people, just soreness and painful touching my swollen thighs.  I got pain medication(What they called it, actually Morphine I guess) and anti-nausea medication injected through the IV.  Pain medication for every 2 hours, the ladder one every 4 hours.   
The room was very comfortable and the nurses were extremely nice. 

My goal is 7 cm.
PreciseFemurs
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 09:06:23 PM »

The Precise 2 nails were implanted into my femurs.  Lengthening limitation is 8 cm.  Weight bearing is 75 pounds each leg, I'm 130 pounds, so theoretically I can stand with my weight distributed 50-50 on each leg.  Dr.  M said during the lengthening phase, I'm only allowed to walk for 10 seconds(walking from the wheelchair to anther chair. )

Dr.  M and his intern came to visit me every morning when I was in the hospital, asking how I felt, checking my legs.
I felt great! Only soreness when I was not moving.  But very painful when I was trying to stand up for PT on 17th, which was normal after any surgery.

Forgot to mention, my uncle is a U. S citizen, I live with him in here.  He stayed with me though the entire procedure, it's very necessary to have a reliable person to take care of you.

I left the hospital on 18th and went back to my uncle's house.

PreciseFemurs
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 09:27:42 PM »

Now lets talk about the pain.

Luckily I didn't have so much pain until now, only soreness and tightness from the muscles.
Besides injecting Morphine, I've taken 2 painkiller pills in the hospital and I found that they DIDN'T work one me! Then I told the nurse to keep injecting Morphine every 2 hours. 
I told Dr.  M that, he prescribed me Narcotics(which the pharmacist said it's one of the most strongest painkiller)

OK, Narcotics, DIDN'T work on me too! And I got the all kinds of side effects, nausea, dizziness and SEVERE CONSTIPATION!
YA! CONSTIPATION!
The soreness form my legs: pain level 3. 5/10.
Constipation: pain level 9/10.
I'm not kidding, I sweated and almost yelled when I was trying to defecate. I stopped taking it on Jan 21th then I didn't feel any thing changed about my leg, this approved that the painkiller pills just don't take effect on me.

The first week is the hardest! Even though I didn't have pain when I was not moving, but felt pain from my groin to my knee when trying to move my legs, especially standing up(I hold the walker then stand up, still can't stand up by my own until now, quads are sore and weak. )

After the first week, Jan 24th, my first post-op appointment with Dr.  M.  I started lengthening with the very advanced looking machine 0. 33 mm each time 3 times per day.
PreciseFemurs
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 10:06:42 PM »

I barely passed my English class last semester, hope you guys won't find difficulty reading my words.

But don't think my LL journey is perfect.

After started lengthening, the soreness and tightness wake me up every night! I can't keep in one position of legs for more than 2 or 3 hours while sleeping.  I wake up frequently during the night and change the position of my legs(bend my keen or straighten) then I can sleep or another short period of time.

Other than that, I'm not getting any problems so far.  Just sitting on my bed playing video games, moving in the house on the wheelchair, going to washroom with the walker. 

My next appointment with Dr.  M is on Feb 7th.  If nothing's happening, I will update after that.

Feel free to ask me questions.
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 10:12:44 PM »

Now lets talk about the pain.

Luckily I didn't have so much pain until now, only soreness and tightness from the muscles.
Besides injecting Morphine, I've taken 2 painkiller pills in the hospital and I found that they DIDN'T work one me! Then I told the nurse to keep injecting Morphine every 2 hours. 
I told Dr.  M that, he prescribed me Narcotics(which the pharmacist said it's one of the most strongest painkiller)

OK, Narcotics, DIDN'T work on me too! And I got the all kinds of side effects, nausea, dizziness and SEVERE CONSTIPATION!
YA! CONSTIPATION!
The soreness form my legs: pain level 3. 5/10.
Constipation: pain level 9/10.
I'm not kidding, I sweated and almost yelled when I was trying to defecate. I stopped taking it on Jan 21th then I didn't feel any thing changed about my leg, this approved that the painkiller pills just don't take effect on me.

The first week is the hardest! Even though I didn't have pain when I was not moving, but felt pain from my groin to my knee when trying to move my legs, especially standing up(I hold the walker then stand up, still can't stand up by my own until now, quads are sore and weak. )

After the first week, Jan 24th, my first post-op appointment with Dr.  M.  I started lengthening with the very advanced looking machine 0. 33 mm each time 3 times per day.

I am a little confused. You said your pain was not an issue. yet you were injected morphine !!
Constipation - you are the second member that complained of SEVERE constipation. What did the doctor say about it. I mean if that is a recurring issue with LL medication, does the Dr give you something for it and how can one best deal with it. 
Great that you are done with the op,.
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 10:28:53 PM »

Welcome to the LLing club, PreciceFemurs! I'm also a patient with Dr. M who has completed my lengthening procedure. God bless you on your journey. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

MiracleGrow
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 15

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2014, 10:49:25 PM »

Congratulations on starting your LL journey! I hope all goes as smoothly as possible. Also, I was wondering if you'd be willing to share how tall you are, presently, and why you have decided to get LL.

Thanks, and best of luck,
MiracleGrow

“Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.” -Alexis Carrel

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." -Reinhold Niebuhr
PreciseFemurs
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2014, 12:32:17 AM »

Quote from: a1_z1 link=topic=7087. msg92804#msg92804 date=1391033564

I am a little confused.  You said your pain was not an issue.  yet you were injected morphine !!
Constipation - you are the second member that complained of SEVERE constipation.  What did the doctor say about it.  I mean if that is a recurring issue with LL medication, does the Dr give you something for it and how can one best deal with it.  
Great that you are done with the op,. 

Hi a1_z1,
Sorry about causing the confusion.  I meant generally the pain was not an issue.  I got Morphine injected in order to fall asleep, even though it's not very painful but it could still make me can't fall asleep.
Dr. M and the nurse both gave the suggestion of drinking a lot of water.  I didn't have so much pain so I just stopped taking it.  I think constipation is only caused by some strong painkillers.  Dr. M prescribed the strong painkiller for me because I said the 2 painkiller pills I've taken in the hospital didn't work.  Actually the strong one also didn't work on me.  I think this is a personal issue, I just can't benefit  from painkillers? For people who need the strong one(I think it's called Narcotics), I personally suggest them get another prescription for constipation.
upinthesky
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 92

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2014, 12:32:36 AM »

Good luck, and God bless.

Starting Height: 165 cm
Final Height: 172 cm

Date of Surgery: January 6th, 2014
Started Lengthening: January 11th, 2014
Started Walking Again: March 21st, 2014
From Surgery to Walking: 75 days

Lengthened 7 cm with Dr.Muharrem Inan in Istanbul, Turkey with the Fitbone Internal Method.
PreciseFemurs
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2014, 12:35:41 AM »

Quote from: Tall link=topic=7087. msg92806#msg92806 date=1391034533
Welcome to the LLing club, PreciceFemurs! I'm also a patient with Dr.  M who has completed my lengthening procedure.  God bless you on your journey.  Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Thank you Tall! I enjoyed your diary!
PreciseFemurs
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2014, 12:40:27 AM »

Quote from: MiracleGrow link=topic=7087. msg92807#msg92807 date=1391035765
Congratulations on starting your LL journey! I hope all goes as smoothly as possible.  Also, I was wondering if you'd be willing to share how tall you are, presently, and why you have decided to get LL.

Thanks, and best of luck,
MiracleGrow

Hi MiracleGrow,
I'm 169 cm.  presently about 169. 7 cm.  I decided to do LL just in order to be taller, purely cosmetic.
MiracleGrow
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 15

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2014, 01:06:35 AM »

Awesome. You'll end up around 176 CM, which is an awesome height to be in the United States. You'll never get called short. You'll be truly average, and well above the global average.

“Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.” -Alexis Carrel

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." -Reinhold Niebuhr
thetallerman
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2014, 11:10:35 AM »

Hi MiracleGrow,
I'm 169 cm.  presently about 169. 7 cm.  I decided to do LL just in order to be taller, purely cosmetic.

whoa you're exactly my height right now, I am 169.7 or 169.8 depends on the night lol. Keep it up! Smiley

Current Height: 5' 7"

Future Height: 5' 10"
(hoping to get 8cms with the precise 2 soon!)
PreciseFemurs
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2014, 02:14:13 AM »

Hi guys,
I'm updating at this time means something's happened.
I started getting severe muscle pain 2 days ago. It's like I'm getting muscle spasm almost every time I move my legs.
The pain is from the muscles around where the bones are distracted. I thought it's caused by lengthening the muscles but my physical therapist said spasm might be caused by inappropriate diet and indeed I didn't eat very healthy. I started eating more fruits and less salt.
Hope the pain will disappear soon. I'm really afraid if I'm gonna keep having it in next two months. It is painful.
usnom
MMT Member

Credibility 19

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2014, 04:27:04 AM »

What was the total cost for your precice 2 surgery?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.