MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 05:39:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: MMTA has written a book about about his LL journey.  Click here to buy it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PreciseFemurs - Internal Femurs - Dr. Mahboubian - 2014 - Growing Up w/ PRECICE  (Read 40834 times)
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #120 on: April 13, 2014, 06:25:11 AM »

Thank you Tall! I guess I saw your excellent tibia X-rays on Dr.M's FB, feel happy for you too!

Thanks Buddy, your x-rays look excellent! Some of the best femur films I've seen! Much better than mine during my femur lengthening! Smiley Smiley Smiley

a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #121 on: April 13, 2014, 04:29:10 PM »

I think this might be something to considered.  I might do LL to 8cm and back track to 7.5.  I realize everyone is different but this could help.  I wonder what Sysop, Tall, Sweden or others might think of this. 

That is so awesome Precise! Its great to hear you are so close to walking and everything!  Great Job!  I'm at 2cm yesterday so still got a number of weeks left.

GREAT JOB!!

Go to 8cm and than comeback 7.8 cm....as little as possible,  so to have the best of both worlds.
PreciseFemurs
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #122 on: May 03, 2014, 10:24:32 PM »

Hi guys,
It's 3 and half months post surgery and I can walk 6cm taller! Dr.M just allowed me to walk slowly without aid. I can walk nearly normal if I focus on walking, otherwise I get slight robot walking.
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2014, 12:48:02 AM »

Hi guys,
It's 3 and half months post surgery and I can walk 6cm taller! Dr.M just allowed me to walk slowly without aid. I can walk nearly normal if I focus on walking, otherwise I get slight robot walking.

GREAT that you walking almost normally.
Sorry for what might seem like a silly question but - you stopping at 6 cm ?
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2014, 06:20:58 PM »

Hi guys,

Congrats! Smiley

kneehowguys
MMT Member

Credibility 6

« Reply #125 on: May 15, 2014, 12:38:58 PM »

Can you ask the doc this:

Does ITB band release or other tissue releases make lengthening less painful/uncomfortable?

Do they increase the number of cm you can lengthen?

Can patients request these releases even if the doctor deems them not necessary?

I know LL is not for centimeters, but is for the mind, but still, I feel that if these releases can you get through lengthening more easily and lengthen more, I see them as a few thousand dollars well worth spent?

It's like you will see people stop at 5cm and 7cm and I wonder if they could have done a little more given they had a release.
usnom
MMT Member

Credibility 19

« Reply #126 on: May 15, 2014, 02:25:12 PM »

I am starting to think 8cm is a rare without the release surgery for precice 2. I know Argos is one outlier but that is the only one I have heard off go to 8.
femurs2014
Femurs w/ Precise II - Dr. M - March 2014
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 11

« Reply #127 on: May 15, 2014, 09:45:31 PM »

I'll have 8 in a week - i'm just 7.1 today (1.32 daily).  Little tight but not too bad.  Can still walk legs closed.  Didn't release the IT.

Starting 170.8
Goal 178.8
Completed 179.1
OP - MARCH 6TH 2014
ROD REMOVAL & STEM CELL KNEE INJECTIONS - JUNE 4th 2015
Dr. Mahboubian Journals
kneehowguys
MMT Member

Credibility 6

« Reply #128 on: May 17, 2014, 06:45:17 PM »

Can you ask him if

doing an ITB release and hamstring release early makes the lengthening journey more comfortable or able to do more CM?

You see people do like 6cm and I wonder if they got ITB release and hamstring release if they could have done slightly more.

I know I know, LL is not for cm it is for the mind and it does not matter 6cm 7cm 8 cm if you feel better about your height.

But still! But still! Can you ask him?
kneehowguys
MMT Member

Credibility 6

« Reply #129 on: May 17, 2014, 06:46:31 PM »

That is what if you just do it electively. He'll be like "nah, you don't need it you can get to 4cm no problem man. then height neurosis gone bro." and you'll be like "can I do it anyway if it will help the process / amount lengthening"

Would it have benefits?
MAN-OF-STEEL
MMT Member

Credibility 2

It's not an "S"...

« Reply #130 on: May 19, 2014, 04:50:39 PM »

Just a note: most of the top doctors do not recommend an ITB release unless it's absolute needed in some extreme cases

Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith.  The trust part comes later.
femurs2014
Femurs w/ Precise II - Dr. M - March 2014
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 11

« Reply #131 on: May 20, 2014, 03:57:03 AM »

also ITB may not be an issue either.  For example I am fine with my ITB its my quads that I seem to have to stretch more and my extension of my knees.  My ITB has gone just fine.

Starting 170.8
Goal 178.8
Completed 179.1
OP - MARCH 6TH 2014
ROD REMOVAL & STEM CELL KNEE INJECTIONS - JUNE 4th 2015
Dr. Mahboubian Journals
PreciseFemurs
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #132 on: May 24, 2014, 08:08:04 PM »

Hi, everyone!
It's been a long time cuz I'm focusing on enjoying my new life!
My walking is great! I feel little tiny bit tightness while walking but the look of my gait is 100% normal. My uncle says he noticed nothing but taller.
ITB is never an issue, it got stretched very quickly after finishing lengthening.
Evergreen
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #133 on: May 28, 2014, 07:02:42 AM »

Precise femurs:  I have followed your journal closely because you are a few weeks ahead of me.   I know you stopped at 6. 5.  Because you could no longer bend your leg.   Your original goal was 7.   Would it have caused problems if you just continued to leghthen?  You could just lived with your bent knee for a fee weeks?

I am currently at 6cm.   I really want to goto 8.   But i cant keep my knees straight because of my it bands.   Is it ok to just proceed to 8 with bent legs or do you need to stop?  Cant we slowlly streght the leg out after we hit 8 cm?

My pt has no idea.   What have you heard? 
PreciseFemurs
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #134 on: May 29, 2014, 10:54:29 PM »

Precise femurs:  I have followed your journal closely because you are a few weeks ahead of me.   I know you stopped at 6. 5.  Because you could no longer bend your leg.   Your original goal was 7.   Would it have caused problems if you just continued to leghthen?  You could just lived with your bent knee for a fee weeks?

I am currently at 6cm.   I really want to goto 8.   But i cant keep my knees straight because of my it bands.   Is it ok to just proceed to 8 with bent legs or do you need to stop?  Cant we slowlly streght the leg out after we hit 8 cm?

My pt has no idea.   What have you heard? 
I think 8cm is fine, you might feel very tight during 7-8 but it will be stretched very quickly after you finish lengthening.
imbatman
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #135 on: July 03, 2014, 11:47:33 AM »

Quote from: PreciseFemurs link=topic=7087. msg97276#msg97276 date=1401404069
I think 8cm is fine, you might feel very tight during 7-8 but it will be stretched very quickly after you finish lengthening.

I had a question about weight bearing property of the Precise 2.  I know walking is not recommended even if you're under 150 lb due to the nature of weight distribution while walking, but is it possible for patient to commute only using crutches or walker?
Does Dr.  M require all patients to use wheelchair for the first three months?

And of course, congratulations! :D
Maymetaller
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #136 on: August 05, 2014, 06:00:23 AM »

Hey Precise how is your new life bro? Everything fine?
goodlucktomylegs
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #137 on: November 25, 2014, 04:57:24 PM »

Hey Precise how is your new life bro? Everything fine?
How have you been?
Hope everything gong fine
any update please
Leopitas
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #138 on: November 27, 2014, 03:28:37 AM »

Welcome to the LLing club, PreciceFemurs! I'm also a patient with Dr. M who has completed my lengthening procedure. God bless you on your journey. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Dude I like to talk with you, you have any email or something for talk? Im latin and my twin bro and I want to do this
Leopitas
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #139 on: November 27, 2014, 03:46:27 AM »

The Precise 2 allows a maximum of 8 cm lengthening and I'm only going to do 7 cm.

HEY DUDE!! my name is Leo i really looking for some advices, you have email or something? so we can talk more confortable!. Im a twin and my bro and I want to do this!.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.