MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 06:26:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS! Please make sure that you only post general questions on the 'General Questions' board or you'll get a lot of flames - and make sure you read the FAQs and DIARIES first Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PreciseFemurs - Internal Femurs - Dr. Mahboubian - 2014 - Growing Up w/ PRECICE  (Read 40835 times)
fififi
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2014, 05:01:09 AM »

What is the physio that you're doing like?  I haven't read anywhere you mentioning stretching which could be causing the pain.
PreciseFemurs
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2014, 07:33:19 AM »

What was the total cost for your precice 2 surgery?

Around $67000.
PreciseFemurs
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2014, 07:37:29 AM »

What is the physio that you're doing like?  I haven't read anywhere you mentioning stretching which could be causing the pain.
I'm working on muscle strength and range of motion exercises. Not only stretching, I feel painful almost every time I move my legs.
Zeus
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2014, 09:48:06 AM »

Awesome diary so far PF, I appreciate your humorous approach to pain :P

I too am thinking of going for Dr.  M since he is a 40 minute drive from my hometown, but I'm still a little unsure of whether I want to use the Precice or go with clicking. . . 

How likely is it for patients to get all the way to +8 on BOTH Femurs and Tibias using the Precice II?
PreciseFemurs
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2014, 06:48:31 PM »

Check "precise limb-lengthening" on youtube, there are several videos about how it works.
The clicking one is also a good option since lots of our members were using it.
I do the lengthening 3 times a day, 0.33 mm each time, totally pain free during the procedure.
But the clicking one seems to have more weight bearing, according to the diaries on this site, European doctors using the clicking one allow patients to walk with crutches during the lengthening phase. Dr.M only allows me to walk with a walker.
PreciseFemurs
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2014, 08:16:12 PM »

Hi everyone,
The spasm is gone! I think it's really caused by inappropriate diet. I do only feel tight muscles and some discomfort when moving my legs.
Dr.M said I'm doing great.
I was amazed when I saw the X-ray pictures of my legs. Can't believe I'm already that much taller.
Thanks to this amazing technology!
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2014, 11:47:45 PM »

Around $67000.

that includes the physio etc .....what does that include please ?. You are in good hands, Dr Mah from all I know is as good as they get. If he was not great he would not be in L.A.
PreciseFemurs
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2014, 12:52:56 AM »

that includes the physio etc .....what does that include please ?. You are in good hands, Dr Mah from all I know is as good as they get. If he was not great he would not be in L.A.

No, 67k is only for surgery and hospital.
femurs2014
Femurs w/ Precise II - Dr. M - March 2014
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 11

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2014, 07:03:19 PM »

I am scheduled to do my femurs in March with Dr. M.   what should I be doing in the meantime?  I am working out, stretxhing.   What about showers how do u take one?  Looking for any info that I can get to prep me.

Starting 170.8
Goal 178.8
Completed 179.1
OP - MARCH 6TH 2014
ROD REMOVAL & STEM CELL KNEE INJECTIONS - JUNE 4th 2015
Dr. Mahboubian Journals
femurs2014
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 11

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2014, 03:52:00 AM »

Quote from: Zeus link=topic=7087. msg93276#msg93276 date=1391680086
Awesome diary so far PF, I appreciate your humorous approach to pain :P

I too am thinking of going for Dr.   M since he is a 40 minute drive from my hometown, but I'm still a little unsure of whether I want to use the Precice or go with clicking.  .  .  

How likely is it for patients to get all the way to +8 on BOTH Femurs and Tibias using the Precice II?

Yes I have the same question, can you get a full 8CM with precise?  Or is that just a max figure depending on your body?

Starting 170.8
Goal 178.8
Completed 179.1
OP - MARCH 6TH 2014
Dr. Mahboubian Journals
PreciseFemurs
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2014, 06:29:48 AM »

Yes I have the same question, can you get a full 8CM with precise?  Or is that just a max figure depending on your body?
The Precise 2 allows a maximum of 8 cm lengthening and I'm only going to do 7 cm.
PreciseFemurs
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2014, 06:34:02 AM »

I am scheduled to do my femurs in March with Dr. M.   what should I be doing in the meantime?  I am working out, stretxhing.   What about showers how do u take one?  Looking for any info that I can get to prep me.
I put a stool in the bathtub and sit on it while showering. Yes you are encouraged to stretch your body as much as possible. The more flexible you are, the less muscle pain you feel during the lengthening phase.
femurs2014
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 11

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2014, 06:01:44 PM »

Quote from: PreciseFemurs link=topic=7087. msg93546#msg93546 date=1392100442
I put a stool in the bathtub and sit on it while showering.  Yes you are encouraged to stretch your body as much as possible.  The more flexible you are, the less muscle pain you feel during the lengthening phase. 

Thanks I am getting nervous and excited to get through this as quickly as possible.   I have a good workout routine.   I also have a good nutrition plan setup.

How much have you lengthened so far? 
Do you just use a wheelchair to get to the shower then transfer to the chair?
Anything else you wish you had done prior to surgery?

Starting 170.8
Goal 178.8
Completed 179.1
OP - MARCH 6TH 2014
Dr. Mahboubian Journals
PreciseFemurs
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2014, 08:12:47 PM »

Thanks I am getting nervous and excited to get through this as quickly as possible.   I have a good workout routine.   I also have a good nutrition plan setup.

How much have you lengthened so far? 
Do you just use a wheelchair to get to the shower then transfer to the chair?
Anything else you wish you had done prior to surgery?

I have lengthened around 2 cm so far. I use the walker to help me move into the bathtub then sit on the chair.
Dr. M asked me to stretch my body as much as possible but I didn't do much. If I have stretched my legs as much as possible maybe I would get even less pain. So I suggest you do the stretch.
Don't be nervous, you have workout routine and good nutrition plan, I didn't do anything to prepare and the doctor said I'm doing great. I believe you will feel better than me after the surgery.

And get psychologically prepared. It will be painful after the surgery and it will subside, then you will get spasm, tightness, soreness during the lengthening phase, some people had severe pain during the lengthening and relied on painkillers, these are what you have do consider in advance.
After this, you are not only reaching a physically new height but also psychologically. You tolerated tremendous pain, got through months of handicap life then achieved your goal, you may lie to others because of the noticeable height increase, so many things to do and tolerate. Take this as an adventure that will train you and promote your life.
femurs2014
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 11

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2014, 11:15:07 PM »

Quote from: PreciseFemurs link=topic=7087. msg93605#msg93605 date=1392235967
I have lengthened around 2 cm so far.  I use the walker to help me move into the bathtub then sit on the chair.
Dr.  M asked me to stretch my body as much as possible but I didn't do much.  If I have stretched my legs as much as possible maybe I would get even less pain.  So I suggest you do the stretch.
Don't be nervous, you have workout routine and good nutrition plan, I didn't do anything to prepare and the doctor said I'm doing great.  I believe you will feel better than me after the surgery.

And get psychologically prepared.  It will be painful after the surgery and it will subside, then you will get spasm, tightness, soreness during the lengthening phase, some people had severe pain during the lengthening and relied on painkillers, these are what you have do consider in advance. 
After this, you are not only reaching a physically new height but also psychologically.  You tolerated tremendous pain, got through months of handicap life then achieved your goal, you may lie to others because of the noticeable height increase, so many things to do and tolerate.  Take this as an adventure that will train you and promote your life.

Thanks soo much Precise!
I will be down there on the 21st for consultation with Dr. M  Its great to see that you are doing well and only already at 2CM! Nice your almost half way to your 7cm goal! 
I saw X-rays on Dr.  M's fb of a new patient doing bilateral femur with Precise, wonder if its you.
Yes - I will stretch extra knowing that this will help.   I have had surgery before and know what its like to feel stuck for a while and in a lot of pain so I am ready to take this journey!
I understand Tall did stem cell injections, has Dr. M spoke to you about this?  What does he charge if so?  How well does it work for recovery?  I am wanting to ask him about this next week as I think I may ask for the stem cell injection.

Starting 170.8
Goal 178.8
Completed 179.1
OP - MARCH 6TH 2014
Dr. Mahboubian Journals
PreciseFemurs
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2014, 01:55:45 AM »

Thanks soo much Precise!
I will be down there on the 21st for consultation with Dr. M  Its great to see that you are doing well and only already at 2CM! Nice your almost half way to your 7cm goal! 
I saw X-rays on Dr.  M's fb of a new patient doing bilateral femur with Precise, wonder if its you.
Yes - I will stretch extra knowing that this will help.   I have had surgery before and know what its like to feel stuck for a while and in a lot of pain so I am ready to take this journey!
I understand Tall did stem cell injections, has Dr. M spoke to you about this?  What does he charge if so?  How well does it work for recovery?  I am wanting to ask him about this next week as I think I may ask for the stem cell injection.
Yes the new patient might be me.

I haven't asked anything about what to do after the lengthening phase. Stem cell injection is also what I think I'm going to do.
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2014, 05:13:14 AM »

Yes the new patient might be me.

I haven't asked anything about what to do after the lengthening phase. Stem cell injection is also what I think I'm going to do.

Stem cell injections probably won't be necessary because you are lengthening your femurs. There is better blood supply to the femurs than to the tibiae, so they heal much faster. Good diary, keep up the good work!

Shaquille
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2014, 12:38:57 PM »

Hey man, do you have any x-rays and a video of the Precise in motion? Does the Precise fit inside the tibia bone as well as the femurs? What are the scars like? Any pics?
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2014, 02:05:17 PM »

Stem cell injections probably won't be necessary because you are lengthening your femurs. There is better blood supply to the femurs than to the tibiae, so they heal much faster. Good diary, keep up the good work!

Tall is completely correct about this. Femurs normally heal very quickly. There really is no reason for you to have a stem cell treatment unless you aren't healing properly a few months from now.
PreciseFemurs
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2014, 03:11:35 AM »

Hey man, do you have any x-rays and a video of the Precise in motion? Does the Precise fit inside the tibia bone as well as the femurs? What are the scars like? Any pics?
You can check on Youtube about how the precise works, it fits tibia as well. I may try to post some comparative x-ray pictures later.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.