MMT Community
September 20, 2017, 09:48:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: IMPORTANT: If you're new to Leg Lengthening, then Click Here! to start with our FAQs section, which contains the answers to all of the most common questions! You must read these important FAQs before posting new questions!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your Physical Height Can Affect Your Emotional State of Mind - New Study  (Read 6158 times)
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« on: February 17, 2014, 02:06:50 PM »

As if all of us haven't seen evidence of this in our personal lives:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/02/140216-short-tall-height-perception-psychology-bias-science/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social&utm_content=link_fb20140216news-short&utm_campaign=Content
TorchBearer
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 05:38:27 PM »

Damn, well this was kinda depressing. SysOp, we should have a section for posts on the latest research on bone growth/stem cells/hormonal regulation that could lend itself to future methods of height increase. I realize we have the "possible alternatives" subforum but I don't see much scholarly stuff posted there, just popsci really. Then again you probably have your hands full as it is.

I've been reading up a lot on growth plates and hormones... honestly wish I had become interested in all of this sooner before I committed to becoming a doctor as opposed to a researcher. Given my biochem background I'd love to contribute to some research.

My thoughts on the article itself: just more proof that there is more to height than just being physically shorter. But society today is only beginning to accept that there are other types of suffering besides physically hurting/being sick. It will be a long time before people understand the full implications of being short, though.
srimech123
MMT Member

Credibility 6

Hi, nice to meet you!

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 01:54:56 PM »

Quote from: TorchBearer link=topic=7118. msg93953#msg93953 date=1392745107
Damn, well this was kinda depressing.  SysOp, we should have a section for posts on the latest research on bone growth/stem cells/hormonal regulation that could lend itself to future methods of height increase.

OK, I am 100% certain to go for LL once I can afford this.  All I hope it's that it'll be something that continues for the foreseeable future, rather than stopping altogether.  I did read the article as well.

I know I saw ads about "glucosamine" and I thought about going for that.  But recently I learnt that LL is the only way that works, so that was a scam with a lot of fake reviews.

173cm (5'8") tall at the moment, hoping to be at least 180cm (5'11") tall quite soon (or 6'1" at most).   Saving money for my first LL surgery!
Supduder
MMT Member

Credibility -35

Damnnnnnnn is a b**** who wants to blow everybody.

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 04:19:11 PM »

There was a clear personal bias against short people from the creators of this study because their experiment doesn't show that being short affects your emotional state of mind.  They took 60 women who already had a problem with paranoia and put them in virtual reality that suddenly shrunk them.  This doesn't say to me that being short affects your state of mind, rather if your environment suddenly changes drastically around you and you already have a history of paranoia you're going to freak out.  It's a shame that most studies about height attempt to just reinforce the prejudice against short people rather than challenge the prejudice.

My karma is negative because the user Damnnnnnnn is a spiteful woman who negs my karma daily.
Camoflazh9306
MMT Member

Credibility 4

Waiting....

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 05:07:35 AM »

Some people get along fine with their height.  Women don't have to really worry as much as men about their height, IMO.  But for us men, it's harder.  Thank the spirit in the clouds for leg lengthening, it's a true blessing IMO  :D

Current height: 5'6''     Aim: 6 ft
Rains
MMT Member

Credibility 1

Jailbreak Karma

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 03:32:14 AM »

Height and married life.

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/08/27/tall-men-have-the-short-end-of-the-stick-in-marriage/20953183/?ncid=webmail5
FiveSix
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 07:08:47 PM »

Hello SysOp,

can you direct me to more information about the pain involved with the PRECICE II method? What is the overall pain like for MOST patients and what should I expect going into the surgery?

I've read a lot of posts on here about the pain involved but at the same time, I need information before I can go ahead and get my consult booked!

Thank you!

-FiveSix
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2016, 02:00:08 PM »

OK, I am 100% certain to go for LL once I can afford this.  All I hope it's that it'll be something that continues for the foreseeable future, rather than stopping altogether.  I did read the article as well.

I know I saw ads about "glucosamine" and I thought about going for that.  But recently I learnt that LL is the only way that works, so that was a scam with a lot of fake reviews.

Glucosamine doesnt work ive taken 9000 mgs a day zero effect on height. Ive also taken HGH as well for about a year pretty much non stop again zero effect on height. Works well for fat loss though but only if taken with injectable testosterones
Bunny
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2017, 06:16:09 AM »

It is common to see people hang out with their friends who have similar height with.
El Pili Pili
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2017, 09:06:08 AM »

It is common to see people hang out with their friends who have similar height with.

Well don't ask me why but I always hang out with 6 feets + people ! x)

Height : 171cm (at night)
Target : 177cm
Method : LON in India or Beijing : depending on the amount of money saved until 2017!
fivefive
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2017, 09:38:03 AM »

Quote from: Supduder link=topic=7118. msg99316#msg99316 date=1407773951
They took 60 women who already had a problem with paranoia and put them in virtual reality that suddenly shrunk them.   This doesn't say to me that being short affects your state of mind, rather if your environment suddenly changes drastically around you and you already have a history of paranoia you're going to freak out.

This study is interesting, but irrelevant to our condition.  What they showed was that paranoid women experience more paranoia when they're put in a really unfamiliar environment (VR, which if any of you have tried, it can easily make you dizzy, and that's with the current crop of GOOD VR - HTC Vive, Google's Daydream), AND shrunk them by 10 inches.

What did they expect really?

Yes, being short can affect your state of mine, but this study has very little to do with proving that.  I'd like to suggest removing this thread or updating the OP, because right now it's misleading but it caught my eye because it's pinned in the "General Leg Lengthening Questions & LL News!", and only makes us short people feel worse.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.