MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 06:22:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SysOp is not here to make friends - he is here to keep this forum running smoothly and make sure that it stays the most informative site about LL in the world.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Femurs2014 - Internal Femurs - Dr. Mahboubian - 2014 - Growing In Cali  (Read 53977 times)
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #160 on: July 23, 2015, 11:47:33 PM »

.... Dr Guichet's patients usually do(he wants patients to spend 1 month on intensive pre LL training in Center for professional footballers)??

I am confused. One month of intensive training, one month ?! What does that do ? You barely get acquainted with a skill let alone progress in it (so you can eventually have it permanently ).....so what does one month do ? maybe he is preparing the patient to what he needs to do AFTER operation....the intense effort one needs to put in recovery 
MyLongerLegs
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 12

« Reply #161 on: July 24, 2015, 12:50:37 AM »

I am confused. One month of intensive training, one month ?! What does that do ? You barely get acquainted with a skill let alone progress in it (so you can eventually have it permanently ).....so what does one month do ? maybe he is preparing the patient to what he needs to do AFTER operation....the intense effort one needs to put in recovery 

Well, I don't know what exactly happens during this training since leechlet didn;t mention too much about it. All we know they do run some tests in the beginning for muscles etc ad then there is training. Just the thing is leechlet used to make video diaries but deleted them so there is not much written stuff about training.  But I assume it has something to do with PT, like stretching tendons by doing some proper exercises? Massages to relax muscles& tendons?  There are probably things that can help to prepare body for shock of LL.

I can say from my own experience that massage has big impact on relaxing muscles and on tendons too. Training without massage was like hitting a wall for me. So imagine 1 month(It may seem short but it's not) of everyday massages and trainings with people that push you to train. Of course she can train by herself and she can improve her condition a lot. But she is the one to keep an eye on herself and to find proper exercises/or go for session with PT person to know what to do. But if she loses her power/gets bored it may be tough. After all we are just humans.

Taco
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #162 on: July 24, 2015, 11:11:48 AM »

Thanks! I think a second opinion would definitely be good.
I'll plan on meeting with Dr. Paley. Might take a while though before I can find time to travel though.

Hi pizymisa,

What is your current height that Dr M recommended only 2 inches?
Dr Paley will say you can do more because as good as a doctor he is, he over-promises and says anything is possible with him when it's not always. 2 inches in itself is a lot more difficult than you think for a tiny girl, and you don't want to mutilate your tendons to get more.
What is your starting height/age anyway?

Also, longer tibia make you look taller and if you like your tibia longer, you should press for getting your tibia lengthened. Yes, the surgery on tibia is trickier for doctors so they want you to get femurs. But, you should not get talked to getting your femurs and end up less than satisfied.
femurs2014
Femurs w/ Precise II - Dr. M - March 2014
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 11

« Reply #163 on: August 02, 2015, 11:08:26 AM »

Well, I don't know what exactly happens during this training since leechlet didn;t mention too much about it. All we know they do run some tests in the beginning for muscles etc ad then there is training. Just the thing is leechlet used to make video diaries but deleted them so there is not much written stuff about training.  But I assume it has something to do with PT, like stretching tendons by doing some proper exercises? Massages to relax muscles& tendons?  There are probably things that can help to prepare body for shock of LL.

I can say from my own experience that massage has big impact on relaxing muscles and on tendons too. Training without massage was like hitting a wall for me. So imagine 1 month(It may seem short but it's not) of everyday massages and trainings with people that push you to train. Of course she can train by herself and she can improve her condition a lot. But she is the one to keep an eye on herself and to find proper exercises/or go for session with PT person to know what to do. But if she loses her power/gets bored it may be tough. After all we are just humans.

I would suggest listening to Dr. M - Shoot for 2 inches, if you can keep going then keep going.  If not stop where you feel you should.  This is your 2nd time, so you have already stretched 10cm.  Another 10cm would be a huge stretch.  I really like working with Dr. M.  I am one of his faster recovering patients pushing limits of strength and so forth after surgery.  He knows his stuff.  Btw- I'm interested in pics if you posted any.

Best of luck to you Smiley

Starting 170.8
Goal 178.8
Completed 179.1
OP - MARCH 6TH 2014
ROD REMOVAL & STEM CELL KNEE INJECTIONS - JUNE 4th 2015
Dr. Mahboubian Journals
femurs2014
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 11

« Reply #164 on: August 02, 2015, 11:13:55 AM »

Femurs2014, even your height has got increased by about 9cm, your proportion is very normal.  What's your armspan data? I am 170cm and my armspan is also 170cm and I am an asian.  I wonder if proportion is very related to the lengenth of your arms.  Thanks for your answering.  :-) Wink

Thanks @wangchaoan

I have an Armspan (finger tip - finger tip) of 183, so proportion fit just fine for me.  I think my original measurement was off.  I dont think I gained 9cm as the rod can only go 8cm.  Overall my proportions on my legs with the additional 8cm are not noticeable at all to anyone except me.

Starting 170.8
Goal 178.8
Completed 179.1
OP - MARCH 6TH 2014
Dr. Mahboubian Journals
MyLongerLegs
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 12

« Reply #165 on: August 02, 2015, 01:08:15 PM »

I would suggest listening to Dr. M - Shoot for 2 inches, if you can keep going then keep going.  If not stop where you feel you should.  This is your 2nd time, so you have already stretched 10cm.  Another 10cm would be a huge stretch.  I really like working with Dr. M.  I am one of his faster recovering patients pushing limits of strength and so forth after surgery.  He knows his stuff.  Btw- I'm interested in pics if you posted any.

Best of luck to you Smiley

You are confusing me with other girl. I am not the one who is going to Dr M and who was told to do 2 inches Smiley Also there are my pics in proportions topic and my diary too(in title there is my nickname 'ilizarovgirl')
increase
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #166 on: August 02, 2015, 01:10:44 PM »

precice the nail can only go to 8cm?
there is no way to get 9cm?
MyLongerLegs
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 12

« Reply #167 on: August 02, 2015, 01:57:35 PM »

precice the nail can only go to 8cm?
there is no way to get 9cm?

nope, Precice 2 go as far as 8cm! there are manyrumors Precice 3 is in works but we have no clue:
a)when it will be out and if its lengthening capacity will increase
b) what other possible upgrades are planned for Precice 3

so no, no way to get 9cm because nail's mechanism won't go any further than 8cm
increase
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #168 on: August 02, 2015, 02:11:27 PM »

which nail exceeds 8 cm and can reach 9?
MyLongerLegs
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 12

« Reply #169 on: August 02, 2015, 02:17:42 PM »

which nail exceeds 8 cm and can reach 9?

the only internal nail that went that far is Betzbone but there are very mixed feelings about safety

we have diaries where nails failed or due to slow healing patient required exchange for titanium nails, there is Dr Guichet and his G-nail but I am not sure it will go as far as 9cm?? you need to read some diaries to find out
femurs2014
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 11

« Reply #170 on: August 02, 2015, 05:14:57 PM »

You are confusing me with other girl. I am not the one who is going to Dr M and who was told to do 2 inches Smiley Also there are my pics in proportions topic and my diary too(in title there is my nickname 'ilizarovgirl')

@ilizarovgirl  sorry my mistake

Starting 170.8
Goal 178.8
Completed 179.1
OP - MARCH 6TH 2014
Dr. Mahboubian Journals
femurs2014
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 11

« Reply #171 on: August 02, 2015, 05:16:55 PM »

nope, Precice 2 go as far as 8cm! there are manyrumors Precice 3 is in works but we have no clue:
a)when it will be out and if its lengthening capacity will increase
b) what other possible upgrades are planned for Precice 3

so no, no way to get 9cm because nail's mechanism won't go any further than 8cm

Precise currently can only go 8cm.  It felt very safe to me to see it turn exactly as the machine said it would.  I wished it would go 10.  I would have done it for sure.  That last 1 cm was pretty hard though.

Starting 170.8
Goal 178.8
Completed 179.1
OP - MARCH 6TH 2014
Dr. Mahboubian Journals
femurs2014
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 11

« Reply #172 on: August 02, 2015, 05:29:59 PM »

UPDATE - AUG 2nd 2015

My recovery from ROD removal has been great.  I hit my 6 weeks post OP on July 16th.  Currently I am 8 weeks Post OP and my legs feel great. 

1.  I have run a few miles at a time, like last night I did a short 1.5miles.  Jogging and first with a sprint burst at the end.  I felt great.  Usually when I would try to run with my rods in, beyond the rods making my femurs stiff, I would feel my knee joints and hip joints having problem feeling stable like I was about to collapse under the pressure.  Now having the rods out I feel just fine, the only thing lacking is just the muscle regrowth to run faster.  I'm pacing at 6-7 mph.

2.  My knees feel great from the Stem cell injection.  I dont feel that hot deep pain I used to feel from running or long days of standing.  The injection definitely worked for me.  I sued to be very very sore at the end of the day.  Now I feel just normal.  Its a great feeling not to feel that pain anymore.

Overall - I am feeling great and looking forward to gaining back my speed and sports ability.  I would say I am at 80% and working my way back.  More leg workouts, biking and running will get me there.   IMO - I would never think twice about doing this surgery.  I feel great!

Starting 170.8
Goal 178.8
Completed 179.1
OP - MARCH 6TH 2014
Dr. Mahboubian Journals
femurs2014
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 11

« Reply #173 on: August 02, 2015, 05:40:49 PM »

My rods that were taken out - I asked Dr M if I could keep them and he let me. 

Starting 170.8
Goal 178.8
Completed 179.1
OP - MARCH 6TH 2014
Dr. Mahboubian Journals
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #174 on: August 02, 2015, 07:26:20 PM »

Those rods look big !!
Jamadrig
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #175 on: August 27, 2015, 02:18:48 AM »

Quote from: femurs2014 link=topic=7157. msg105632#msg105632 date=1438537249

I think your whole journey has been great.  I'm currently 6 weeks post op for internal femurs. 
I am hoping to go to 3cm.  I am quite young (24) and am a single father.  I was hoping you could answer the following: I am experiencing difficulty standing (with walker support) and bringing my feet together.  I notice that as the days pass my stance becomes wider and wider.  I am still able to completely bend my leg at the knee to a straight standing position, but not bring my feet close together.  If I try it puts strain/tension on my hips.  Did you experience this and was it ever worrisome to you?
MiracleGrow
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 15

« Reply #176 on: September 26, 2015, 07:26:02 PM »

How's your recovery coming along? I hope it's going great!

“Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.” -Alexis Carrel

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." -Reinhold Niebuhr
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #177 on: September 26, 2015, 08:29:23 PM »

I think your whole journey has been great.  I'm currently 6 weeks post op for internal femurs. 
I am hoping to go to 3cm.  I am quite young (24) and am a single father.  I was hoping you could answer the following: I am experiencing difficulty standing (with walker support) and bringing my feet together.  I notice that as the days pass my stance becomes wider and wider.  I am still able to completely bend my leg at the knee to a straight standing position, but not bring my feet close together.  If I try it puts strain/tension on my hips.  Did you experience this and was it ever worrisome to you?

Is your exercise person doing something about that .....or did the doctor tell you to work out so you can improve that ?
YashAryan
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #178 on: October 06, 2015, 11:46:46 PM »

Hey,
I am really inclined to do this here in US rather than India for safety and quality reasons.  I'm doing femurs too.  I want 10 cm instead of 8 because I don't want to go from 168 to 176 (still below average in US!).  If I'm doing this, I'm doing this for 178 which is average/slightly above.  I just want to know the cost from you for this 8 cm. 
I mean by 1) actual surgery  2)  hotel stay  3) PT, meds and other stuff 4)  total
I don't have anyone, so if I do this I would be alone in this.  How would I manage this like that?

Congrats!! really.  That you didn't have any complications is so reassuring for all preciceII enthusiasts like me.  Please reply!

Making the external match the internal.
femurs2014
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 11

« Reply #179 on: November 06, 2015, 07:18:22 AM »

Hey,
I am really inclined to do this here in US rather than India for safety and quality reasons.  I'm doing femurs too.  I want 10 cm instead of 8 because I don't want to go from 168 to 176 (still below average in US!).  If I'm doing this, I'm doing this for 178 which is average/slightly above.  I just want to know the cost from you for this 8 cm. 
I mean by 1) actual surgery  2)  hotel stay  3) PT, meds and other stuff 4)  total
I don't have anyone, so if I do this I would be alone in this.  How would I manage this like that?

Congrats!! really.  That you didn't have any complications is so reassuring for all preciceII enthusiasts like me.  Please reply!

i would plan for about 75-90k cash.  To take care of everything including the PT. 

Starting 170.8
Goal 178.8
Completed 179.1
OP - MARCH 6TH 2014
Dr. Mahboubian Journals
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.