MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 05:32:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Words of wisdom from MMTA:
"Leg Lengthening is hard-work and shouldn't be considered by the faint-hearted. Physical and mental strength are needed in great measure!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Femurs2014 - Internal Femurs - Dr. Mahboubian - 2014 - Growing In Cali  (Read 53972 times)
femurs2014
Femurs w/ Precise II - Dr. M - March 2014
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 11

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2014, 03:43:40 PM »

DAY 7

PAIN is feeling like it is under control.  I am transferring in and out of the wheelchair much easier today.  I am trying to slow down on my pain meds. 

- Rolled over to my stomach today! Laid there almost all afternoon, it was nice!! Felt soo good!!!!

- Did an upper body workout, felt great was able to get onto a couple machines from my wheelchair.

- Muscle activation Therapy is scheduled for tomorrow right after I see Dr. M!

Starting 170.8
Goal 178.8
Completed 179.1
OP - MARCH 6TH 2014
ROD REMOVAL & STEM CELL KNEE INJECTIONS - JUNE 4th 2015
Dr. Mahboubian Journals
femurs2014
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 11

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2014, 04:55:36 AM »

Starting 170.8
Goal 178.8
Completed 179.1
OP - MARCH 6TH 2014
Dr. Mahboubian Journals
femurs2014
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 11

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2014, 04:57:14 AM »

tried to post these pics of my X-rays.... can you help sysop?
http://imgur.com/ZYUyUam
http://imgur.com/WGhEaC9

Starting 170.8
Goal 178.8
Completed 179.1
OP - MARCH 6TH 2014
Dr. Mahboubian Journals
femurs2014
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 11

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2014, 04:58:00 AM »

DAY 8 - First day lengthening/Muscle activation/walker

Saw Dr. M today.  Took stitches out.  Did my first lengthening today.  Couldn't feel anything when I did it.  Couldn't even tell if the screw was actually moving.  I was actually trying to see if I could feel - nothing - painless!  I'm sure I will feel tightness increase versus pain of the screw turning.

Had Muscle Activation therapy apt today.  Was perfect and was able to regain back all the motion in my feet and strength.  Read more about this in previous post.

Had PT and OT today as well.  Did the walker for the first time.  Felt good to stand straight up. 

Lengthen - 1MM today

Overall very good day! Pain level at a 3.  Worn out from long day.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 05:05:37 AM by femurs2014 » Logged

Starting 170.8
Goal 178.8
Completed 179.1
OP - MARCH 6TH 2014
Dr. Mahboubian Journals
COOPER
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 11

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2014, 04:59:51 AM »

Hey femur,
I see two nails, did you have ACL reconstruction surgery? Is that making any inconvenience, may be too early at this stage.

Thanks

Starting Height: 160
Lengthening Goal- 7 to 8
femurs2014
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 11

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2014, 05:09:00 AM »

Hey femur,
I see two nails, did you have ACL reconstruction surgery? Is that making any inconvenience, may be too early at this stage.

Thanks

Yes I did.  I actually have had 3 acl surgeries.  2 x left leg and 1 x right leg.  Part of what started this whole process for me.  My knees have arthritis as well.  Yet I am still young early 30's.  So once done with lengthening, we will do a micro fracture surgery and stem cell injection in my knees to regrow meniscus- which right now i don't have much.  I'm sure it makes it a little more difficult when you factor in those acl's.  But not bad.

Starting 170.8
Goal 178.8
Completed 179.1
OP - MARCH 6TH 2014
Dr. Mahboubian Journals
femurs2014
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 11

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2014, 05:10:30 AM »

stem cell injection will take away the arthritis, which was cause by not having meniscus.

Starting 170.8
Goal 178.8
Completed 179.1
OP - MARCH 6TH 2014
Dr. Mahboubian Journals
femurs2014
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 11

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2014, 06:43:47 AM »

Trying to go to sleep - my knees are hot!  Like have this burring sensation

anyone experience this before?  First day of lengthening, not sure if thats why.  Or also the first day i used the walker and stood up.  Maybe its just from all the PT today too?

Starting 170.8
Goal 178.8
Completed 179.1
OP - MARCH 6TH 2014
Dr. Mahboubian Journals
femurs2014
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 11

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2014, 06:46:59 AM »

Starting 170.8
Goal 178.8
Completed 179.1
OP - MARCH 6TH 2014
Dr. Mahboubian Journals
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2014, 08:13:45 AM »

Be careful to really stretch your legs many times throughout the day considering your previous medical issues….

femurs2014
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 11

« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2014, 02:09:22 PM »

Be careful to really stretch your legs many times throughout the day considering your previous medical issues….
thanks tall - will do

Starting 170.8
Goal 178.8
Completed 179.1
OP - MARCH 6TH 2014
Dr. Mahboubian Journals
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2014, 02:54:48 AM »

thanks tall - will do

Your diary is very detailed. I felt like I was in the operating room with you lol

Also it was great to hear that you could workout.

Tell me why do you think you have knees arthritis at such a young age ?
femurs2014
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 11

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2014, 03:00:39 AM »

Your diary is very detailed. I felt like I was in the operating room with you lol

Also it was great to hear that you could workout.

Tell me why do you think you have knees arthritis at such a young age ?
its from my previous knee injuries.  Both sides they have scraped meniscus out.  So the wearing of the joint started causing arthritis.  But with Stem cell they can actually heal it, especially at my age.

Starting 170.8
Goal 178.8
Completed 179.1
OP - MARCH 6TH 2014
Dr. Mahboubian Journals
femurs2014
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 11

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2014, 04:11:13 AM »

DAY 9

Down to 4 pills on the pain meds today.  Feel good. 

- Did leg press machine, and also hamstring pull downs for PT

- Lengthened 1mm

Hey everyone I have a question - couldn't we do BOTOX in our legs to allow us to stretch better??  My son had very tight tendons and was not able to extend his leg out all the way or bring it in.  Due to a birth complication.  They did botox on his leg.  Then during a 6 month period we were able to really stretch it out.  Wouldn't that work for us as well to get our stretching done???

Starting 170.8
Goal 178.8
Completed 179.1
OP - MARCH 6TH 2014
Dr. Mahboubian Journals
femurs2014
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 11

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2014, 11:11:37 AM »

I'm in pain right now.  Tired of only getting 3-4hours of sleep at a time.  Please tell me it gets better.  My legs hurt, I'm waiting for the pain killer to kick in.... just kicked in - good night

Starting 170.8
Goal 178.8
Completed 179.1
OP - MARCH 6TH 2014
Dr. Mahboubian Journals
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2014, 11:28:26 AM »

I'm in pain right now.  Tired of only getting 3-4hours of sleep at a time.  Please tell me it gets better.  My legs hurt, I'm waiting for the pain killer to kick in.... just kicked in - good night

\
Most diaries that I have read show  more pain that you seem to have. Atleast that is what it seems. You have had LL and now with every passing day you just getting closer to the promise land. Now cant you catch up on reading or something or you just dont have the energy ? share more of your thoughts with us and you might feel better bro
Agrios
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 12

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2014, 01:22:57 PM »

It gets MUCH better! Trust me, I'm ~20 days. The first 2 weeks are the worst. The pain was only manageable with pain meds (I was only taking Tylenol, Valium, and benadryl), however, I am still having trouble sleeping Sad

As you become more limber during PT, you will feel much better. My physical therapist told me during the first month you will get better, and become more limber. After that, it'll may start getting harder and harder.

Stay strong Smiley

February 2014 - Femur precice 2 with Dr. Paley
Lengthened 8cm
Healed 100%

August 2015 - Tibia precice 2 with Dr. Paley
COOPER
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 11

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2014, 02:44:29 PM »

Yes I did.  I actually have had 3 acl surgeries.  2 x left leg and 1 x right leg.  Part of what started this whole process for me.  My knees have arthritis as well.  Yet I am still young early 30's.  So once done with lengthening, we will do a micro fracture surgery and stem cell injection in my knees to regrow meniscus- which right now i don't have much.  I'm sure it makes it a little more difficult when you factor in those acl's.  But not bad.

Hey femur,
I will be following your diary. I had ACL done last year and worries me lot. I called Dr.M office yesterday to see his schedule and possibility of doing surgery. He is out of town till tuesday, office manager will call me on next week. I am torn down between dr. M and dr. Guichet. I hope to make decision very soon in next few weeks. Definately doing in late May. I was turned off by precise malfunction but appears all LLers in US have no issue.
Keep us posted and thanks for sharing your experience.

Best!

Starting Height: 160
Lengthening Goal- 7 to 8
femurs2014
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 11

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2014, 02:51:54 PM »

Thanks A1-z1 and Agrios!

It took me 20 minutes just to type that last night.  I was really in pain.  I haven't need to take my pain killers other than when I feel pain but yesterday I did do a good workout on my legs with the PT.  So when the pain killer wore off that i took from just before going to sleep the first time i woke up in the middle of the night in pain.  I almost had tears just sitting there in the dark waiting for it to go away. 

I would have read something but didn't have the energy other than to just close my eyes and wait.  Once it kicked in i went right back to sleep again.

Hey Agrios,
Does your legs get hot at the end of a day when you've done a lot of PT.  I think its called inflammatory?  My knees are like I noticed, all last night and somewhat this morning.

Starting 170.8
Goal 178.8
Completed 179.1
OP - MARCH 6TH 2014
Dr. Mahboubian Journals
femurs2014
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 11

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2014, 02:56:59 PM »

Hey femur,
I will be following your diary. I had ACL done last year and worries me lot. I called Dr.M office yesterday to see his schedule and possibility of doing surgery. He is out of town till tuesday, office manager will call me on next week. I am torn down between dr. M and dr. Guichet. I hope to make decision very soon in next few weeks. Definately doing in late May. I was turned off by precise malfunction but appears all LLers in US have no issue.
Keep us posted and thanks for sharing your experience.

Best!

Just my thoughts on the difference between clicking and Precise, I think with precise you get more accuracy of your lengthening.  With clicking you can accidentally click through the night and day.  The rep with Precise used to rep the nail for clicking.  He said they had a lot of "Run away nails" where if you are the type that moves in your sleep you'll end up clicking accidentally throughout the night.  Other than that I'm not sure of anything wrong with it.  I wanted to do it stateside and Dr.M is right closer to my home than any other dr.  Plus the precise machine is pretty cool.  You just sit there and let it do its thing.  I don't feel anything at all.

Starting 170.8
Goal 178.8
Completed 179.1
OP - MARCH 6TH 2014
Dr. Mahboubian Journals
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.