MMT Community
June 28, 2017, 07:15:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Make Me Taller is the world's leading discussion forum for Leg Lengthening - this is a professionally-run site and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening. Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

The Make Me Taller (MMT) community forum provides free information about the only REAL way to become taller - elective leg lengthening (LL) surgery. This site contains detailed information, pictures, videos, diaries and personal accounts from people who have undergone cosmetic LL to become taller. We discuss the pros and cons of Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE and other methods. Please read our FAQs first before posting and enjoy your time here finding out how to become taller! Leg Lengthening is a serious endeavor, so do your research! You can also buy MMT's new book about LL called 'Inchworm' at Amazon!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Height and Proportions Discussion - Two Soldiers  (Read 17544 times)
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« on: March 18, 2014, 03:38:37 PM »

A friend of mine sent me this photo of two soldiers who marched in the St. Patricks Day Parade in NYC yesterday. The original photo is on the left. While both soldiers appear to be wearing their military issue uniforms, the soldier on the right has an ill-fitting uniform that seems too small for him, as well as short arms. The soldier on the left seems to have an ill-fitting uniform that is too long for him. He also has arms that seem to be just as long as those of the taller soldier. If you make both soldiers almost the same height by giving the soldier on the left around 7 inches of height (17.5 CM of height) he still looks fairly normal.

What is your opinion? I think that the soldier on the left would look completely fine after 15 CM of lengthening (8.5 CM in femurs and 6.5 in tibias).

Arche
MMT Adviser

Credibility 26

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 04:05:51 PM »

Hey great post! If someone (anyone) can get away with 15 cm of lengthening I'll feel better about my goal of 10 cm. I think he looks good in clothing, however, I think his torso would look extraordinarily short if he only had board shorts on at the beach, for example. You also have to take into account whether or not he wears suits often which totally exposes the torso as you tuck in the shirt. ( and can't always wear a longer coat to compensate in the office.)

Also, black men usually have long arms and short torsos as it were, so I think that should be taken into consideration as well. Good photo though. How tall is the soldier in the photo originally?

'"There is evil in your bones, Equality 7-2521, for your body has grown beyond the bodies of your brothers." But we cannot change our bones nor our body.' - Anthem, by Ayn Rand.
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 04:10:22 PM »

If someone (anyone) can get away with 15 cm of lengthening I'll feel better about my goal of 10 cm.

I think that almost anyone could get away with 10 CM of lengthening if it was broken up into 5 CM in femurs and 5 CM in tibias. 10 CM in one bone segment is hard for anyone to accomplish or get away with. LOL.

How tall is the soldier in the photo originally?

I would guess that he's between 5' 4" and 5' 6" but I don't actually know.
Arche
MMT Adviser

Credibility 26

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 04:53:45 PM »

I think that almost anyone could get away with 10 CM of lengthening if it was broken up into 5 CM in femurs and 5 CM in tibias. 10 CM in one bone segment is hard for anyone to accomplish or get away with. LOL.

I would guess that he's between 5' 4" and 5' 6" but I don't actually know.

That's what I meant 5 on each segment. I didn't think you thought I was that dumb! Anyways, I don't think anyone can get away with 10, I think that was the point. 10 cm or 4 inches is the difference of a lifetime. ( a 5 6 boy versus a 5 10 grown man).

'"There is evil in your bones, Equality 7-2521, for your body has grown beyond the bodies of your brothers." But we cannot change our bones nor our body.' - Anthem, by Ayn Rand.
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 06:42:25 PM »

Great post.

Joe2000
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 12:27:08 AM »

posts like this give me hope. thx buddy
Quixotic
MMT Adviser

Credibility 24

It's expensive, staying human.

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 10:03:14 PM »

The soldier on the right is wider, has a larger head, and larger hands.  He pulls of the height for more effortlessly than the soldier on the left.

Current height: 176.5cm
Sitting height: 93.25cm

Target height: 181.5cm
elvergalarga
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 04:16:38 AM »

maybe look good in the uniform, but, again, the torso is muche to do for porporcion, in the left image, we see the line where I remain optimistic for the race, I could be his waist, and looks normal, image of the right, sige watching waistline, and thus falls outside porporcion and, if it is longer, but at the expense of porporcion.

my 2 cents
Andre01
MMT Member

Credibility -2

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2014, 06:33:24 AM »

You got it wrong mate.

the line you marked in the first picture is the waist line of the taller guy.
the waist line of the short guy is just below the top line of his jacket pocket.

You have exaggerated is waist height (by 3+ inches) which in turn throws him out of proportion even before you lengthen his legs.

Note that black ppl have the longest arms and shortest torsos while Asians are the exact opposite (longest torsos and shortest arm/wing spans).

To analyse the outcome of LL you must compare ppl of the same race. (you do realise that you have increased his height by 5+ inches and  he appears to have the same arm length as the tall guy at his new height!!)

Hanna
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 28

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2014, 12:02:46 PM »

I think he looks completely fine. Nobody would ever notice, except those who are obsessed with proportions Wink

Starting height: 1,58m
Goal: 1,65m
OP: 31.10.2013

Finished lengthening: 28.02.2014
Achieved: 9cm
New height: 1,69cm
aerys01
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 01:23:49 PM »

Quite a lot.  8cm would be enough.  The core bit short.
ReadRothbard
MMT Member

Credibility -23

WE ARE THE WALKING DEAD!

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2015, 09:49:39 PM »

A friend of mine sent me this photo of two soldiers who marched in the St. Patricks Day Parade in NYC yesterday. The original photo is on the left. While both soldiers appear to be wearing their military issue uniforms, the soldier on the right has an ill-fitting uniform that seems too small for him, as well as short arms. The soldier on the left seems to have an ill-fitting uniform that is too long for him. He also has arms that seem to be just as long as those of the taller soldier. If you make both soldiers almost the same height by giving the soldier on the left around 7 inches of height (17.5 CM of height) he still looks fairly normal.

What is your opinion? I think that the soldier on the left would look completely fine after 15 CM of lengthening (8.5 CM in femurs and 6.5 in tibias).

THAT'S what 15 cm of lenghtening looks like?! Nice, i'll stick to that.

169 cm tall (5'7); ready to fight my way to 185 cm!
littleangel
MMT Contributor

Credibility 10

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2015, 02:31:06 PM »

I think he looks completely fine. Nobody would ever notice, except those who are obsessed with proportions Wink

Grin Exactly! I think men with proportions obsession maybe want to be models or something,I don't get it,we are not perfect,nobody is perfect.Do you want to be tall or do you want to be perfect?If you think women care about  men's proportions you need to think twice. Cheesy

“Everything you can imagine is real.”

~from 150 cm to 166 cm~
littleangel
MMT Contributor

Credibility 10

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2015, 02:33:57 PM »

This proportion stuff it's a men thing,cause' I just don't give a s..t.So what if I have legs up to my neck and a short torso?Good for me.At least I=m tall. Wink

“Everything you can imagine is real.”

~from 150 cm to 166 cm~
Body Builder
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 121

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2015, 07:15:06 PM »

This proportion stuff it's a men thing,cause' I just don't give a s..t.So what if I have legs up to my neck and a short torso?Good for me.At least I=m tall. Wink
No.
Proportions is not a men's thing, but a matter of some lunatiks who think that 1-2 cm more or less do a great change in your whole appearance.
There are much more important reasons to do a sensible lengthening and not crazy amounts like some people here dream of (like 18-20cm which is very very risky), proportions is not one of them.

live strong
wish177
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2015, 06:06:52 AM »

No.
Proportions is not a men's thing, but a matter of some lunatiks who think that 1-2 cm more or less do a great change in your whole appearance.
There are much more important reasons to do a sensible lengthening and not crazy amounts like some people here dream of (like 18-20cm which is very very risky), proportions is not one of them.
What about 13 cm? Will that look weird do you think?
wish177
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2015, 09:22:05 PM »

Grin Exactly! I think men with proportions obsession maybe want to be models or something,I don't get it,we are not perfect,nobody is perfect.Do you want to be tall or do you want to be perfect?If you think women care about  men's proportions you need to think twice. Cheesy
Have you done LL?
Antonina
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2015, 05:05:32 PM »

Leg lengthening and correction of the shape of legs.
The International Centre of Anthropometrical (Orthopedic) Cosmetology and Correction performs unique cosmetic orthopedic surgeries: height increase, correction of the shape of legs as well as correction of other cosmetic defects of legs (O - or X-form legs, bow legs).  If you are not satisfied with the shape of your legs or with your height, if you think that beautiful long legs will help you make a career or find a partner of your life, our world renowned surgeons can help you, using the most advanced and secure methods available to up-to-date medicine.
Russia.  Volgograd
Our official web-site:hxxp: www. rucosm. com.
You  can get all information concerning the treatment contact:
Antonina Kumeyko
e-mail:info5@rucosm. com
Joe2000
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2015, 05:42:08 PM »

Kurgan seems like a nice option however there is also Dr.  Solomin who fixes fibula and has lower prices.
microman
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2015, 06:41:27 AM »

how short would you say the guy on the rights arms are, maybe he is 3" taller than wingspan?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.