MMT Community
January 17, 2018, 11:00:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Please spread the word and invite people from other Leg Lengthening forums to join us - this is a professionally-run forum and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening - all are welcome - there'll be no delays in signing-up either, unlike some other forums! Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cooper - Internal Femurs - Dr. Birkholtz - 2014 - My PRECICE Journey  (Read 8041 times)
COOPER
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 11

« on: March 21, 2014, 02:26:34 PM »

Hello Fellow LLers,

I have decided to go to Pretoria for surgery. I could not believe how close I was about to select other doctor. This was not easy decision, agonizing over this for few months. Lost the motivation and hardly focus on anything...work, sports etc.  Believe or not I was calling Dr. M's office for surgery date just yesterday. One PM from Amatan (thanks Amatan) and Dr. B gracious posting to the forum aid to the decision.

My surgery is booked for June 4th. I am most likely to stay for entire lengthening period and insert titanium for faster consolidation and mobility. I may opt for second tibia surgery. Dr. B and I decided on wait and see approach.  I am planning to work remotely from Pretoria. I will have to see how that will pan out. If the telecommute does not work than I might come back after femur and do tibia later.

I been researching over this almost two years. I profiled almost all the best LL doctors and exchanged email with almost all around the world. I communicated to Dr. Rozbruch (consulted), Dr. Paley (email), Dr. M (consulted), Dr. Jamal, Dr. Lee, Dr. Guichet, Dr. Salemah and obviously Dr. Franz.  You can see I went around the globe on quest to find LL doctor that suits my  requirement  Cool Grin. I was determined to do this but was not sure when, where and how. The Korea Precise issue put me on hold for sometime as well  Embarrassed.

Now I made up my mind, thank goodness! I will be focusing next few months on stretching and following Precise diary to gain some perspective and what not. If you anyone wants to chat, ping me on Skype @ cooperlengthening.

Best wishes,
Cooper

Starting Height: 160
Lengthening Goal- 7 to 8
usnom
MMT Member

Credibility 19

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 03:30:56 PM »

Congrats copper!

So your getting precice 2 on your femurs? Also did dr b say anything about the precice 2 malfunction?

Was it just a set of bad devices dr lee got? Are you going to get any release surgery done?

Thanks for your diary!

We all will be following closely!
COOPER
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 11

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 03:35:24 PM »

I will let dr.b decide on release. It may not be necessary but by all means I will go for it if he thinks necessary.

Lengthening Goal- 7 to 8
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 03:54:37 PM »

Congrats on starting your journey. Did he mention how many bilateral PRECICE patients he has had so far?
COOPER
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 11

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 04:15:07 PM »

He has done about four non cosmetic precise and over 100s external. He is coming in Dallas to teach other doctor. If you want to interview him then may be good idea to catch him while he is in US.

Lengthening Goal- 7 to 8
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 04:31:35 PM »

He has done about four non cosmetic precise and over 100s external. He is coming in Dallas to teach other doctor. If you want to interview him then may be good idea to catch him while he is in US.

So you will be his first bilateral patient?
COOPER
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 11

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 04:35:35 PM »

I think so.

Lengthening Goal- 7 to 8
Hanna
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 28

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 07:31:07 PM »

Good luck on your journey!  Wink

Starting height: 1,58m
Goal: 1,65m
OP: 31.10.2013

Finished lengthening: 28.02.2014
Achieved: 9cm
New height: 1,69cm
Agrios
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 12

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2014, 01:50:26 PM »

Good luck!

February 2014 - Femur precice 2 with Dr. Paley
Lengthened 8cm
Healed 100%

August 2015 - Tibia precice 2 with Dr. Paley
whiskyolo
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2014, 04:17:16 AM »

I just read about  Dr Franz Birkholtz 

His price for PRECICE 2 is good.
180isDDream
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2014, 05:24:42 AM »

But no one on here has gone to him yet or written a diary about him so if you'd like to be a pioneer or guinea pig, or which ever terms sounds better to you, I'd say go for it. He seems knowledgeable and the place seems professional and of high standards.

Also, if I remember correctly didn't Cooper end up cancelling his surgery with Dr Birkholtz because he doesnt have the time? Didnt he choose to do it in the States instead?
Feel free to correct me if Im wrong
180isDDream
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2014, 05:25:47 AM »

Dr Birkholtz's price is roughly the same as Dr Jamal's as well
whiskyolo
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2014, 05:30:41 PM »

Quote from: 180isDDream link=topic=7177.   msg96548#msg96548 date=1399094682

Also, if I remember correctly didn't Cooper end up cancelling his surgery with Dr Birkholtz because he doesnt have the time? Didnt he choose to do it in the States instead?
Feel free to correct me if Im wrong

Cooper cancel his surgery with Dr Franz Birkholtz ?   Where did you read that?
COOPER
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 11

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2014, 02:33:55 AM »

That's right I cancel my surgery with Dr. B. My work schedule currently will not permit more than few weeks out of the country. I end up cancelling going South Africa. I scheduled my surgery with Dr. paley and did consultation earlier this week.

I will be opening up new topic but only will do that after my surgery.

Lengthening Goal- 7 to 8
180isDDream
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2014, 05:13:05 AM »

The first Dr Birkholtz diary on here, nice. Hope Sysop can start you a diary, will be watching with keen interest.
Good luck
sasha11
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2017, 11:53:00 AM »

hi,I'm new here but have been thinking to do surgery with Dr. Birkholtz.
while i sent him X ray of my foot and have been asking some questions,he rarely answered my questions and replied.
i like to have surgery either on june or next march but it concerns me that weather he is like another Dr in UN whom UNICORN got surgery. . . (UNICORN said she is depressed after surgery because of her complication but he has been rather indifferent to do treat her)
i only find 1 diary for him and you went another so. . .

i know both doc are skillful but not sure Dr. Birkholtz is caring throughout lengthening . . .
i like to make journey but somehow i can't open and post so I'm sorry i write here(at least you talking about Dr. Birkholtz)
anyone who are interested in to get surgery with him?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.