MMT Community
August 21, 2017, 07:31:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Words of wisdom from SysOp:
"Height is like money. It is insignificant only to those who have plenty of it." Tongue

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

The Make Me Taller (MMT) community forum provides free information about the only REAL way to become taller - elective leg lengthening (LL) surgery. This site contains detailed information, pictures, videos, diaries and personal accounts from people who have undergone cosmetic LL to become taller. We discuss the pros and cons of Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE and other methods. Please read our FAQs first before posting and enjoy your time here finding out how to become taller! Leg Lengthening is a serious endeavor, so do your research! You can also buy MMT's new book about LL called 'Inchworm' at Amazon!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This Is The Average Man  (Read 12373 times)
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« on: April 16, 2014, 12:52:53 AM »

According to an article in The Atlantic, this is what the average man looks like in the listed countries. See how you think he compares to yourself before and after LL:

Here is the full article:

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/10/this-is-the-average-mans-body/280194/
upinthesky
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 92

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 01:04:54 AM »

The American looks so sad   Embarrassed  
Maybe it's the excess BMI?

Lol.. This post just stirred up my love for mankind.
Poor guys lined up in boxer underwear..
Really is the average man in every country..
Hard to earn a living..

Starting Height: 165 cm
Final Height: 172 cm

Date of Surgery: January 6th, 2014
Started Lengthening: January 11th, 2014
Started Walking Again: March 21st, 2014
From Surgery to Walking: 75 days

Lengthened 7 cm with Dr.Muharrem Inan in Istanbul, Turkey with the Fitbone Internal Method.
MAN-OF-STEEL
MMT Member

Credibility 2

It's not an "S"...

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 05:06:19 PM »

Is it me or do they seem to all have the same tibia length?

Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith.  The trust part comes later.
Colossal-Cat
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 04:31:00 AM »

The Netherlands model appears to have slightly longer tibiae.
aerys01
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 01:07:49 PM »

interesting how low the average.  But if we go to the streets These places in the "average" is not it.  190 in the Netherlands, 184 in the USA, 176 in Japan, 180 in France.
GROWtallORdieTRYING
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 01:52:11 PM »

the average for the neverlands is not 190 that is bull shi*.

1)Average Height by Country (Youth:20-30 years)
 Country/Average Male Height (cm)/population

Netherlands 183 cm

2)Average Height (Entire population/adults-All ages over 20 years,20+)
 Country/Average Male Height (cm)/population

Netherlands 180.6 cm

and there is no proof that women only make their prejudices on height based on males 20-30 years old. rather it can be strongly argued that they prefer normality and actually judge based on all male heights available to their persons across all ages for males they interact with.

so no you don't even get to use 183 as your example. but 190 is certainly bull shi*. it really does get annoying having to deal with people and their mental delusions over and over again where everyone recons the average height for their country 300 cm tall.
GROWtallORdieTRYING
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 01:55:13 PM »

your mental delusion is not just for 1 country it is for all countries. that is sad. I just looked up the others.
aerys01
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 11:46:46 AM »

can be a bit much, but the youth is very high . .
maybe 50 years old to be smaller
Body Builder
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 121

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2014, 10:23:15 PM »

interesting how low the average.  But if we go to the streets These places in the "average" is not it.  190 in the Netherlands, 184 in the USA, 176 in Japan, 180 in France.
Completely bs.

That numbers are far from reality.
Yes, there are a lot of men 1,85 in Europe but there are also a lot of under 1,70, especially in southern countries like Italy, France, Spain, Greece etc.
Some people (like you) only tend to see tall people and not short, so they think that everyone is tall. I've read in another topic that you said that women in your country are 1,78-1,80. Is this the land of giants? I don't think so. Look more careful my friend and don't have delusions.

Anyway, the average height of every country is estimated by health professionals and is accurate.

live strong
ReadRothbard
MMT Member

Credibility -23

WE ARE THE WALKING DEAD!

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 03:10:17 AM »

interesting how low the average.  But if we go to the streets These places in the "average" is not it.  190 in the Netherlands, 184 in the USA, 176 in Japan, 180 in France.

I'm pretty sure the average is about 183-184 cm in the Netherlands. The Dinaric Alps average is about 186 cm, though.

169 cm tall (5'7); ready to fight my way to 185 cm!
stefankok
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, 06:35:45 PM »

There are some villages in the north-east(Friesland, Groningen) of the Netherlands that actually are 190 cm on average or a bit taller. But for the whole country it definitely isn't 190 cm. 
srimech123
MMT Member

Credibility 6

Hi, nice to meet you!

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 01:37:31 PM »

There are some villages in the north-east(Friesland, Groningen) of the Netherlands that actually are 190 cm on average or a bit taller. But for the whole country it definitely isn't 190 cm. 

Where abounce in Holland are you from? Man, I would feel SO short if I were in Holland... Even after my first LL session I'd still be below average in Dutch standards :p

173cm (5'8") tall at the moment, hoping to be at least 180cm (5'11") tall quite soon (or 6'1" at most).   Saving money for my first LL surgery!
Ashton
MMT Member

Credibility -1

It's All About The Game ..!!

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2014, 03:08:03 PM »

thnx fr sharing !!
stefankok
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2014, 04:25:38 PM »

Quote from: srimech123 link=topic=7196. msg101562#msg101562 date=1415194651
Where abounce in Holland are you from? Man, I would feel SO short if I were in Holland. . .  Even after my first LL session I'd still be below average in Dutch standards :p

I'm from the province North-Holland(It's actually more on the west side of the country than north).  People here are 6'0-6'1 on average but for my school it is a bit higher for some reason.  People in the south of the Netherlands are only like 181(5'11) in comparison. 
Tallest ethnic groups are Frisians(Groningen, Friesland) and Dinarids(Dinaric alps).  Here the average is between 6'1-6'2.  So now you know you should never pay a visit to these places if you're below 5'11 Grin
Body Builder
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 121

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2014, 04:00:38 PM »

I'm from the province North-Holland(It's actually more on the west side of the country than north).  People here are 6'0-6'1 on average but for my school it is a bit higher for some reason.  People in the south of the Netherlands are only like 181(5'11) in comparison. 
Tallest ethnic groups are Frisians(Groningen, Friesland) and Dinarids(Dinaric alps).  Here the average is between 6'1-6'2.  So now you know you should never pay a visit to these places if you're below 5'11 Grin
Why?
I think that somewhere where the majority of men are tall, someone of average height will feel and look more unique.
I know that in Germany and North Europe, where most of men are tall and usually blonde, dark and average height men (like the Turks who have plenty immigrants there) have great chances with local women.
Even if I am not a Turk, I'm sure I should visit Netherlands.
 Wink

live strong
stefankok
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2014, 11:06:04 PM »

Quote from: Body Builder link=topic=7196. msg101577#msg101577 date=1415289638
Why?
I think that somewhere where the majority of men are tall, someone of average height will feel and look more unique.
I know that in Germany and North Europe, where most of men are tall and usually blonde, dark and average height men (like the Turks who have plenty immigrants there) have great chances with local women.
Even if I am not a Turk, I'm sure I should visit Netherlands.
 Wink

Well, i didn't mean as in that you have no shot with the girls or something.  I meant it for people who are really insecure about their height.  Going to a place with an average height of 6'0 for guys and 5'7 for girls really isn't going to make someone who has insecurities about his height more secure lol. 
littleangel
MMT Contributor

Credibility 10

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2014, 01:26:02 PM »

Three men look great and one is slightly overweight.Not all men in USA are fat or unfit.
And I don't get why the obbsesion with being over 6' as a male.Most women I know don't like men over 6'.Actually all women I know don't like men over 183 cm.Maybe there are some exceptions,very tall women likeing tall men..
And the height does not matter all the time..you all have seen The Tudors.Rhys Meyers is so much shorter than Henry Cavil,and still...he has all women going nuts about him.I 'm talking about fans.But,at the end,we can't all be famous! Smiley

“Everything you can imagine is real.”

~from 150 cm to 166 cm~
Ashton
MMT Member

Credibility -1

It's All About The Game ..!!

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2014, 06:02:34 PM »

Three men look great and one is slightly overweight.Not all men in USA are fat or unfit.
And I don't get why the obbsesion with being over 6' as a male.Most women I know don't like men over 6'.Actually all women I know don't like men over 183 cm.Maybe there are some exceptions,very tall women likeing tall men..
And the height does not matter all the time..you all have seen The Tudors.Rhys Meyers is so much shorter than Henry Cavil,and still...he has all women going nuts about him.I 'm talking about fans.But,at the end,we can't all be famous! Smiley

I think u r saying so bcz only hang out with short girls ..  Tongue
ReadRothbard
MMT Member

Credibility -23

WE ARE THE WALKING DEAD!

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2014, 06:41:12 PM »

I think u r saying so bcz only hang out with short girls ..  Tongue

No, it probably has more to do with whom Galaxystar chooses as friends. She's a nice girl, so she's going to choose friends whom don't judge men according to something outside of their control (height), barring aggressive ll surgery.

169 cm tall (5'7); ready to fight my way to 185 cm!
srimech123
MMT Member

Credibility 6

Hi, nice to meet you!

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2014, 06:49:27 PM »

No, it probably has more to do with whom Galaxystar chooses as friends. She's a nice girl, so she's going to choose friends whom don't judge men according to something outside of their control (height), barring aggressive ll surgery.

Couldn't agree more, buddy!

173cm (5'8") tall at the moment, hoping to be at least 180cm (5'11") tall quite soon (or 6'1" at most).   Saving money for my first LL surgery!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.