MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 01:41:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Words of wisdom from sna78:
"Pain is temporary, height is forever!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rebornmilan - Internal Femurs - Dr. Guichet - 2014 - Femurs With Guichet  (Read 48978 times)
rebornmilan
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« on: April 29, 2014, 01:12:39 AM »

Hi guys
Still zero pain but can't sleep!!! Maybe it is the ga or it just feels weird.
I just feel really really stretched out and feels like i am constantly stretching.  I keep on doing knee flexion and hip flexion exercises to try to relax the muscles! If u guys have any tips pls let me
Know.

There is no peer reviewed paper on how much the nails hold.  I chose Dr Guichet simply because I believe his technique makes the most medical sense.  The other reason is the time issue.  I want to return to work asap and Dr Guichet can do 5cm in 5 weeks!
I did consider precise but it doesn't allow full weight bearing!
IwillBeTall
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 05:13:31 AM »

Hey, rebornmilan! I think you should start your own diary, for it may be useful to get as more info about Dr. Guichet's techniques as possible.
Leechlet's diary and his videos, for which I'm extremely grateful, made me consider doing LL with Dr. Guichet too (not sure when it'll happen though). But yeah, a diary from yet another Dr. G. patient would be awesome!

Stay strong both of you!

IwillBeTall

Researching...
rebornmilan
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 08:40:00 AM »

Hi Iwillbetaller.  I was going to start a new topic but i don't know how.
Today is the day after surgery.  The nausea is gone and i am eating like a pig!!! I guess one benefit of LL is that u can eat like a pig!

The physio just came in, made me stretch, walk with walker and bike.  I still feel alright apart from stiffness.
Pain is like a 1/10, maybe it is because i had iv paracetamol in the morning.  It is more an awkward and swollen feeling!

The worst party is the feeling of weakness and disabled.
rebornmilan
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 06:48:53 PM »

It is the end of the second day.  The pain has increased a bit to like a 7 when i did physio in the afternoon.  But it got better after a nap.  Now it is like a 3/10.  I am just on paracetamol and a little bit of tramadol now.  It is not too bad but i just can't relax when i try to click.  It is just a weird feeling!
Leechlet pls stay positive and u r almost at the end of ur journey! U have motivated a lot of LLers!
I try to force myself to be positive so i can recover faster! I honestly just can't wait for the whole thing to be over. 
The hardest thing is sleeping, it is just so hard to sleep when the muscles feel ao tight!!
rebornmilan
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 01:34:41 AM »

Hey Leechlet.  That's why i want to put in my 2 cents as well to help with future llers!!!
Just a quick update.  It is seconday day post op.  I managed to get a few hours of sleep but woke up cos my legs r so tense and stiff.  I ended up stretching and doing 20 mins of bike.
Any tips for release the tension in the muscles?? I honestly don't feel too much pain at all and i would say it is a 1/10.  The legs just feel so freaking tense!!
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 01:40:12 AM »

Are you sure you don't want me to break this out into your own diary?
rebornmilan
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 04:04:59 AM »

I don't mind.  But i haven't done 10 posts yet.  :)
Woke up again.  Ate something, stretched a bit!
Zero pain just muscle stiffness.  If anyone wants more details u can pm me.
rebornmilan
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 05:42:57 AM »

Man if steel u can just post it in the forum.
Day 3 is Ok so far, little pain a lot of swelling.
Swelling should start to come down after 72 hours according to my experience with my own patients.
I had an interesting discussion with Dr Guichet about prp ppp and bmp which are growth factors.  He uses
Autogenous bone and doesn't consider growth factors economical.

One advice to future LLers.  Please stretch lots!!! I am uncomfortable cos i really lack in flexibility!!!
rebornmilan
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 07:16:11 AM »

Day 3 post op
Last night was annoying because i had to keep on waking up to stretch and bike.  The legs felt frozen and they got better after exercising.  I think the swelling is starting to come down which is good.
Absolutely no pain when i don't move but really painful when i walk.  I still can't walk properly with the walker.   Pain is like a 3/10 when i stretch and bike.

I think i still underestimated in the difficulties of LL.  Not from the pain perspective but other little things like peeing in the bottle and trying to chuck a dump.  LoL

Dr Guichet is pretty hardcore and he wanted me out of hospital last night.  I was like nooooo it is comfy here.
He wouldn't let me use a wheelchair as well!
rebornmilan
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2014, 10:23:58 AM »

Hi Leechlet
Thanks for your support man!  I managed to do the 7 clicks in the morning after watching ur video. It only took like 5mins with no pain.
How r u going with lengthening!? Must feel great to be 8cm taller!!!
rebornmilan
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2014, 10:04:07 PM »

Got discharged from Hospital today.
Dr Guichet refused to get me a wheel chair. The taxi dropped me off at the residence on my walker. I had to get up 3 stairs, a huge step in a metal gate and walk through a long corridor. It took me
2 hours with the kind help of the receptionist and other guests! I have never felt so hopeless in my life. The legs r swollen and painful again and it is probably the first time I felt real pain throughout the procedure.
Any tips on walking guys???
rebornmilan
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2014, 04:43:25 PM »

I just had the most tiring day ever!!!!
My apartment is at the end of the building and itself is a 50 m walk to get to the street where the taxi waits. I couldn't get a wheelchair because nowhere caries it!!! I struggled so hard to get into a taxi and get to isokentic centre. Isokentic centre doesn't have wheelchair as well so it is another long walk on the walker!!!
The training at Isokentic was great and thankfully we managed to locate
Wheelchair.
I only want to use the wheelchair to get into the
Cab that's all!

The best advice is
Get a wheelchair early and most pharmacies don't have
It!!!!
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2014, 11:45:39 PM »

I just had the most tiring day ever!!!!
My apartment is at the end of the building and itself is a 50 m walk to get to the street where the taxi waits. I couldn't get a wheelchair because nowhere caries it!!! I struggled so hard to get into a taxi and get to isokentic centre. Isokentic centre doesn't have wheelchair as well so it is another long walk on the walker!!!
The training at Isokentic was great and thankfully we managed to locate
Wheelchair.
I only want to use the wheelchair to get into the
Cab that's all!

The best advice is
Get a wheelchair early and most pharmacies don't have
It!!!!

The fatigue is one of the hardest parts about leg lengthening. Short distances seem ten times longer because it is so tiring walking to them on crutches. You will be glad later that you walked so much now though. Smiley
rebornmilan
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2014, 04:12:09 AM »

Hi Sys op.
Woke up from day 5 after a good 5 hours of sleep, Had a panic attack cos my legs 'froze'. They were just so tight especially around the knees.i biked for a bit and took muscle relaxants, still feels heaps tight
Any tips? Is cold pack or warm pack better?
rebornmilan
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2014, 06:14:48 AM »

Update from day 5 and day 6
I have a gain of 1.7cm now.
Woke up with stiff legs on both days
Cycling first then stretching
The feeling u get is comparable to exercising a numb arm or a leg.
It is sore but a good feeling.
I like the isokentic place cos u get out of the apartment and talk to other people!
swelling is better but i still can't straighten my left
Knee. The left leg feels longer than the right too with the exact
Clicking counts.'
Caribe
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2014, 07:27:49 AM »

Hello Rebornmilan
Its amazing how much you have gained in few days, congratulations! You seem to be doing very well. 
Im planning to do surgery in Milano on July.  I had my 1st consultation in march with Dr Guichet.  So, I hope weŽll meet before you leave.
Certanly Leechelet Diary has been most informative, and I cannot say thank you enough to him, for his idea to record his LL journey and posting it on youtube. 

Cheer up you both, Leechelet and Rebornmilan for your success!
rebornmilan
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2014, 08:12:04 AM »

Hi Caribe
Choosing Dr Guichet is the best decision cos he is so hardcore but pushes u for all the right reasons!
He is not heartless and he is always available to u!!

I am at the isokentic centre from monday to saturday for the next 4 weeks then i m finished. Come and say hi if u can! Smiley
If u r doing the surgery soon, just a few tips
1. Do a lot of dips to bulk up ur triceps and chest
2. Get out in the sun and get more vit D
3. Stretch like a ballerina ~> i didn't do it and that's why i am so stiff!!!
4. If u r doing training urself, at least get isokentic to make a training program for u!

Hope all goes well for u!
Caribe
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2014, 11:02:09 PM »

Thanks for the advise, Rebornmilan

I recently did cybex and I scored 192 right and 202 nm left leg in 60/60 velocity, which (according to Leechlet video) is the most important parameter of the test.  So, Im sending these results to Dr Guichet so he figures out how much I need to improve to reach a good pre-op condition.  I do stretch from time to time.
My goal by the way is to get 7 cm or at least 6 cm.
Im 167 mm. 

Keep up high spirit!!
rebornmilan
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2014, 02:50:55 PM »

Hi Cabrie

The score is really good man! More muscle = less pain! U gotta stretch everyday cos more flexible = less stiffness in legs!
Dr Guichet can get u 6-7cm easily!
I did a lot of work involving bone grafting around the jaw for dental implants and clefts etc.
The legs don't hurt as much as the face so take it easy and u will be fine!
:p

Today is exactly 1 week post op
I just take normal paracetamol for pain now without tramadol and codeine. Everything else is ok apart from generalised tiredness And my spontaneous clicking on my left leg.
rebornmilan
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2014, 07:41:26 AM »

Hi Guys
Many thanks to Leechlet for the tremedous effort he put into the ll community.

Update at day 13
According to click count and Dr Guichet's excel file, i have lengthened 2.66cm. I am still clicking at 21 clicks a day and it only takes 5 mins to click both legs. The hardest click is the first one because u have to find the position but the rest is easy. I consider myself extremely lucky cos i hardly have any pain. I still wake up once at night cos of stiff legs!
I am naughty and i don't put my legs up when i sleep cos i really can't be bothered! My legs and butt have lost heaps of muscle mass, i think that's why Dr Guichet wants u to have buff legs before surgery so it sorta makes up for it.

My only issue is that my left leg feels longer than the right, Dr Guichet said he will check it out when I do the X rays next week but he said it should be normal.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.